🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Catholics Don't Exemplify Christianity...

Why do christian sects hate each other?
Why do atheists hate everyone, including themselves?

Well I am an atheist and I don't hate anyone.

And I am not the follower of a religious leader who commands his followers to not only love his neighbor- but to love his enemies.
As an atheist I doubt that you really understand what you believe or why. You probably don't think you subscribe to an ideology.....but you do.
I am not an atheist, but nice projection of the unknown...
Well there you go then, when faced with the unknown, just have a little faith.

And I am not the follower of a religious leader who commands his followers to not only love his neighbor- but to love his enemies.
As an atheist I doubt that you really understand what you believe or why. You probably don't think you subscribe to an ideology.....but you do.

As the believer in fairy tales- and based upon your posts- you clearly don't understand what or why you believe anything.

Me- my ideology is that I don't believe in any fairy tales.

Other than that my ideology is no different than the ideology of someone who chooses not to collect stamps.

I am not an atheist, but nice projection of the unknown...
Well there you go then, when faced with the unknown, just have a little faith.
I do have faith, just not in many humans...and I don't need a major religion to let me know what to feel or what to have faith in...

So tell us all.

How do you love your neighbor?

How do you love your enemy?

As the believer in fairy tales- and based upon your posts- you clearly don't understand what or why you believe anything.

Other than that my ideology is no different than the ideology of someone who chooses not to collect stamps.
Oh really? You don't subscribe to fairy tales? How about the fairy tale that religion is historically responsible for more death and destruction than any other source. While atheists have been a force for the good of human progress. I'll bet you believe that....don't you. Let's pick apart this myth first.

So tell us all.

Many people are too stupid to understand that religion is not meant to be taken literally, it is a system of metaphors to communicate a feeling that can't otherwise be described. There is a language for everything, we're using one now.

I never met one that did....
Getting past all that denial is the first step toward self realization.
There are people that hate from all walks in the community. Yet I do not understand hate between Christians over dogma or doctrines...
So then you are confused by normal human behavior. I don't think I can help you with that.

Oh really? You don't subscribe to fairy tales? How about the fairy tale that religion is historically responsible for more death and destruction than any other source. While atheists have been a force for the good of human progress. I'll bet you believe that....don't you. Let's pick apart this myth first.

You do have a vivid imagination- but then again you believe in fairy tales.

The answer to your questions is- no.

So tell us all.

Many people are too stupid to understand that religion is not meant to be taken literally, it is a system of metaphors to communicate a feeling that can't otherwise be described. There is a language for everything, we're using one now.

So Jesus's supposed actual words to love your neighbor is not what he meant?

His supposed actual words to love your enemy is not what he meant?

Who decides what that 'metaphor' does mean- or you get to decide that it really means to attack you neighbor?

You do have a vivid imagination- but then again you believe in fairy tales.

The answer to your questions is- no.
No what? Feel free to elaborate Aristotle.

So tell us all.

Who decides what that 'metaphor' does mean- or you get to decide that it really means to attack you neighbor?
Yes, because unlike with atheism, you have free will. Religious metaphors are open to constant reinterpretation by contemporary societies.

Personally I think most religious zealots are a bit balmy. They stop thinking for themselves.

So tell us all.

Yes, because unlike with atheism, you have free will. Religious metaphors are open to constant reinterpretation by contemporary societies.
Then the original message is obscured and just like when you use a compass for direction, even 1 degree can throw you off course on long distance ranges.

So tell us all.

Then the original message is obscured and just like when you use a compass for direction, even 1 degree can throw you off course on long distance ranges.
No, you misunderstand, differing religions all lead us to drink from the same well. The path may be different, but the goal is the same, and the human need for some form of spiritual connection is universal, timeless and transcends all cultures.

Do you know how many people are turned off to Christianity because of the Catholic church?

Along with the Mormon faith, those who were raised Catholics have the highest percentage of remaining in the faith their entire life. The number of those raised in a non-Catholic faith and remain in that faith their entire life is much lower.

Talk to atheists. It is the Protestant interpretation of scripture that they cannot believe.

Non believers that KNOW it's wrong! Like going to a Priest for forgiveness of sins!?
All the "rituals" that are not Biblical or necessary???
I'm not saying there are no Christian Catholics, I'm saying don't use their doctrine because it is not the way Jesus intended the church to be.

During their daily prayers Catholics do go directly to God to confess sins. However, sin is never committed in a vacuum. It affects other individuals and the Body of Christ. Just as we ask forgiveness from individuals we have harmed and from God, we also ask forgiveness from the Body of Christ because our sinfulness affects the entire Body of Christ.

Do you baptize yourself, off by yourself, because you don't want a priest coming between you and God? Off by yourselves, do you pronounce yourselves husband and wife? Or, are these community celebrations, and are the spoken words by a Pastor or minister? So why, when your sins affects the community, do you go off by yourself and leave the community out of it? But mostly, why is it a problems when Catholics choose to reconcile with individuals, community, and God?

The Catholic Church models the life of Christ and all that he did. I'd say that is exactly The Way Christ intended.

Baptism should be done when you are saved.
Not sprinkled as a baby. That does not save you.
Also you do not need to be baptized at all to be saved.
You should tell everyone the Gospel. Only God knows who those are that are truly saved
Here's a good example of the kind of petty distinctions that God just doesn't care about.

So tell us all.

No, you misunderstand, differing religions all lead us to drink from the same well. The path may be different, but the goal is the same, and the human need for some form of spiritual connection is universal, timeless and transcends all cultures.

You believe in things that cannot be seen or proved. You ignore what is seen and provable.
How is that using your brains logically?
We can all use our imagination to create fantasy stories, but that does not make them real.
To believe in things that are not real is to most of us insanity. We lock people up and give them drugs to control them so they don't hurt themselves or others.

I could believe in little green men but that does not mean there are such things on this planet or in the universe.

If you believed in voices telling you to kill, would that be insane or the voice of god?

You believe in things that cannot be seen or proved. You ignore what is seen and provable.
How is that using your brains logically?
We can all use our imagination to create fantasy stories, but that does not make them real.
To believe in things that are not real is to most of us insanity. We lock people up and give them drugs to control them so they don't hurt themselves or others.

I could believe in little green men but that does not mean there are such things on this planet or in the universe.

If you believed in voices telling you to kill, would that be insane or the voice of god?
What am I ignoring that's provable? Let's start with that premise.

So tell us all.

The need is a conditioning of the mind to ease anxieties...

Forum List

Back