🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Catholics Don't Exemplify Christianity...

Ephesians 4:11-13

And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
Uh huh....what about it?

A Christian that understands the Bible....

and you are....?
It's apparent that you know precisely nothing about the Bible.

Quiz me all knowing one....
You haven't made any actual references to the Bible yet, only to your petty religious doctrine.

My doctrine IS the Bible. Want to hear what the Bible says the Church should be?
(Please Note: It says nothing about a Pope or Cardinals!)
It doesn't say anything about any "rapture" either. But look at how many deluded heretics believe in revisionist interpretations like that.

This is the Biblical verse people view as "the Rapture"
1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Ephesians 4:11-13

And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
Uh huh....what about it?

This is the Church. The Body of Christ. The leader are Elders and Bishops when organized, but, anyone saved is part of the Church. Period.

It's apparent that you know precisely nothing about the Bible.

You haven't made any actual references to the Bible yet, only to your petty religious doctrine.

My doctrine IS the Bible. Want to hear what the Bible says the Church should be?
It doesn't say anything about any "rapture" either. But look at how many deluded heretics believe in revisionist interpretations like that.

15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Fundamentalist heretics have spun a whole fantasy scenario out of their ill considered interpretations. There is nothing in the Bible that even begins to support the idea. You might just as well be Mormons.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Fundamentalist heretics have spun a whole fantasy scenario out of their ill considered interpretations. There is nothing in the Bible that even begins to support the idea. You might just as well be Mormons.

what do you believe?

what do you believe?
I believe that so called Christian fundamentalists will have to do penance in purgatory before going to Heaven, their sins are almost to great for Our Lord to bear. But he is a forgiving God, and in time, once you and the other transgressors have seen the light, you may be able to finally be one with God.

penance in purgatory before going to Heaven

Please quote me a Biblical verse that backs up this statement....
You asked me what I believe.

Okay well since I follow the Bible thought maybe there was a scripture I was missing.
You can follow man-made laws and rules, that's your prerogative.
Christian fundamentalism is entirely man made, it has it's roots in faith healers and snake charmers.

Ignatius of Antioch first to use Catholic.

Those of the Jewish religion were the first to proclaim a new/different order, if you will. The Jewish faith was closed. One pretty much had to be a Jew to participate. Non-Jews were not particularly welcome.

On the other hand, this new order was open and welcoming to all--in the word of the day, catholic. Catholic began as an adjective, not a noun. It later developed into a noun. We can compare this to homeless. Homeless began as an adjective--homeless people--but it has since come to be used as a noun. The homeless.

If I am keeping my players straight, then like you, I believe the catholic church existed since Pentecost. It was drawing people to it.

Today, this can be compared to one TV network presenting a new hit. Before long, other TV networks are going to try to draw viewers away from that hit with a similar offering of their own. That does not mean the original hit won't continue to maintain its own identity. The Early Church insisted on maintaining its original identity. Other "copycats" eventually dissipated.

Or, at least that is how I see it.

I think that in order to have a Jewish new way you have to completely ignore the 66-70 CE Jewish Revolt, the prior and later uprisings, the dates of the writings themselves, the concept of popular conditional kingship among the peasantry which had historically been chosen by lot. There was no messiah as Christians have come to use the term. You did have a couple of religious fanatics. But, those were a dime a dozen everywhere. The struggle is one not just between peasants and ruling class but between the members of the elite ruling class themselves. The elite squad was accepted by the Romans but not necessarily by the rest of the population. You would have to completely ditch the political landscape and the history.

There is a Greek Christian new way but not a Jewish new way-unless you want to back track 150 years to the Essenes. Paul has to take it to the gentiles because the Jews aren't buying it. They can't. Any Jewish people that were involved drop out real quick once Jesus is elevated. The only reason that the Old Testament was kept on is for authenticity which is claimed via length of time. When Marcion of Sinope comes a long he isn’t a newbie, his father was a bishop and was, therefore, able to read and write and would have had access to anything that had been sent and wasn’t still in a 6 month transit. I think he recognized that it was so different that it really wasn’t necessary. He completely was sold on Paul. It’s also what made him so dangerous. Irenaeus of Lyons rolls around and says no, no, no go to the bishops in the cities. Don’t pay attention to anything else that anyone else is saying.

Incidentally, it is Irenaeus of Lyons that starts Mariology but it’s not until the Third Ecumenical council that any of this is accepted. It’s about this time that we see the visible power grab for control and collection of writings. Very interesting characters come to the fore and the fun begins.

But, what we have (among others) is the doctrine of transubstantiation which Ignatius writes of. It’s not really a new concept as it is utilized in religious practices in Egypt. We have claims to authority which we can see by Ignatius as well as documents purportedly written by someone who would have been known. Not a new concept but one ferociously defended because it is contested. What you do not have is a Christology. In fact, there is a lot that doesn’t exist but it is created as a response simply in order to maintain power.

It was established enough by the time Constantine rolls around and makes it the state religion. Constantine was not some deep believer and this had more to do with a cold power play in the removal of the former state religion. He had no idea what he was getting into. Now that cash and power are in the mix the differences are exacerbated. The core of most of these arguments stem from Greek philosophical arguments.

I vehemently disagree with a dissipation. It was violent. Gangbanging violent. There was no “winning” people over. It was absolutely brutal.

Acts wasn't written until about 115 CE. What does that tell you about the author?

Acts is the second part of Luke. Most scholars refer to them as Luke-Acts because it is volume I and volume II.

As for your date:

"The composition of Luke-Acts is usually dated around 80-90, although some experts now suggest perhaps between 90 and 100."

The Historical Jesus An Essential Guide - James H. Charlesworth - Google Books

Seems like your 115 claim is a bit suspect. Try picking up a book some time.

It's not suspect at all. It's also dated by Richard Pervo, Joseph Tyson and others.

Everything else will have to wait until I get back from work.

Last edited:
Why do christian sects hate each other?

Different sects don't ( or shouldn't) hate each other. Its just trying to keep with the original pure truth of what Christianity is.
Discussions like these tend to get kind of messy.

Why do atheists hate everyone, including themselves?

Well I am an atheist and I don't hate anyone.

And I am not the follower of a religious leader who commands his followers to not only love his neighbor- but to love his enemies.
As an atheist I doubt that you really understand what you believe or why. You probably don't think you subscribe to an ideology.....but you do.

Why do atheists hate everyone, including themselves?

Well I am an atheist and I don't hate anyone.

And I am not the follower of a religious leader who commands his followers to not only love his neighbor- but to love his enemies.
As an atheist I doubt that you really understand what you believe or why. You probably don't think you subscribe to an ideology.....but you do.
I am not an atheist, but nice projection of the unknown...

Forum List

Back