🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CBS frantically changing questions for Democrat debate

CBS Shifts Emphasis of Democratic Debate to Reflect Paris Attacks
By EMILY STEELNOV. 14, 2015

DES MOINES — In the hours after the deadly attacks in Paris, CBS News significantly reworked its plans for the Democratic presidential debate it is hosting here on Saturday night to focus more on issues of terrorism, national security and foreign relations.

Steve Capus, the executive editor of CBS News and the executive producer of “CBS Evening News,” said in an interview late Friday that he was in the middle of a rehearsal for the debate when news broke about the slaughter in Paris.

The CBS News team immediately shifted gears and reformulated questions to make them more directly related to the attacks. Mr. Capus said it was important for the debate to go on because the world looks to the American president for leadership during international crises.

“American leadership is put to the test,” Mr. Capus said. “The entire world is looking to the White House. These people are vying to take over this office.”

Continue reading the main story

Great. I wonder how many questions they can create to basically ask "why is this Bush's fault?"

The Democrats actually 'debate'? What about? They agree on almost everything.

Much like their last debate, they will discuss things like who can expand the welfare state the most, who will get the most even with those evil rich people, who will do the most to make it harder on Americans to own a gun...........things like that.

Please Ray.....you know darn well they will change the order of those points....they aren't dumb enough to follow the same order in each debate.......maybe this time they will attack the rich first...and then guns and then increase welfare...or maybe they will start with free tuition......

You never know.....it will be fun trying to guess won't it?

It'll be even more fun comparing your guesses to the actual transcript.

Sorry, nice try...but my post was funnier....

So was Carnac. :p

the-tonight-show-starring-johnny-carson-carnac-the-magnificent.jpg

DES MOINES — In the hours after the deadly attacks in Paris, CBS News significantly reworked its plans for the Democratic presidential debate it is hosting here on Saturday night to focus more on issues of terrorism, national security and foreign relations.

Steve Capus, the executive editor of CBS News and the executive producer of “CBS Evening News,” said in an interview late Friday that he was in the middle of a rehearsal for the debate when news broke about the slaughter in Paris.

The CBS News team immediately shifted gears and reformulated questions to make them more directly related to the attacks. Mr. Capus said it was important for the debate to go on because the world looks to the American president for leadership during international crises.

“American leadership is put to the test,” Mr. Capus said. “The entire world is looking to the White House. These people are vying to take over this office.”

Great. I wonder how many questions they can create to basically ask "why is this Bush's fault?"

The Democrats actually 'debate'? What about? They agree on almost everything.

Much like their last debate, they will discuss things like who can expand the welfare state the most, who will get the most even with those evil rich people, who will do the most to make it harder on Americans to own a gun...........things like that.

Please Ray.....you know darn well they will change the order of those points....they aren't dumb enough to follow the same order in each debate.......maybe this time they will attack the rich first...and then guns and then increase welfare...or maybe they will start with free tuition......

You never know.....it will be fun trying to guess won't it?

I don't know.......I guess it all depends on how much I plan on drinking tonight. But I'm sure it will end with hugs and kisses just like the end of The Waltons.

CBS helping Dems look good.

Shocking

So you think the GOP candidates will be too stupid to mention Paris? They'll have plenty of lead time.

Speaking of which, have any of them issued statements since last night?
Like what, "We are against murdering innocent civilians"? How about obama's statement shortly before, claiming ISIS was on the retreat?

First question for Hillary...."how did the Obama policies contribute to what happened in Paris yesterday...and do you as his Sec of State bear any responsibility?

Of course they are having to write some new questions. An attack just occurred and it would be an oversight not to address it during a debate the next day.

Don't be a tard and act like this is some kind of scandal. Jesus H. Christ.
It's not a scandal, you oaf obscurer, it's a failure of policy.

Oh I can record it myself and try to stomach through it later. But let's face it, DumBama has been weak on terrorism and the candidates will need to protect their party. How do you suppose they will do it?

Well, they could ask if we all want to be taxed at 60%, draft our kids, suspend the bill of rights, and go into total war mode to occupy half of the middle east for the next decade... but no one will.

First question for Hillary...."how did the Obama policies contribute to what happened in Paris yesterday...and do you as his Sec of State bear any responsibility?

LOL, you sure as hell are not going to hear that question. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Oh I can record it myself and try to stomach through it later. But let's face it, DumBama has been weak on terrorism and the candidates will need to protect their party. How do you suppose they will do it?

Well, they could ask if we all want to be taxed at 60%, draft our kids, suspend the bill of rights, and go into total war mode to occupy half of the middle east for the next decade... but no one will.

Looks like we have a winner already. :banana:

There is no need to occupy a radioactive wasteland.

OMG!! This means Hillary will have to study up on a whole new set of questions faxed over to her by the moderators. This ain't fair.

Are you some kind of fucking retard?

Besides the fact no one is going to use nukes to fight insurgents - shitheads like you also suggested this as a solution in Vietnam, showing I'm too old - even if they did, the resultant radiation would make Israel unlivable, and since the Jews are running our foreign policy, that isn't going to happen. It would also destroy middle east oil production, and drive gasoline prices up to $20.00 a gallon. SO on one is going to do that, either.

The War on Terror - where the American Taxpayer/Consumer funds BOTH sides.

This probably helps Hillary.

Part of the reason why Obama beat her in 2008 and a large segment of the Democratic base supports Sanders is because she is effectively indistinguishable from a Republican on foreign policy.

These people will have a harder time making the argument that we need to stop sticking our noses into the middle east now that one of the hornets have stung someone OUTSIDE the middle east.

Kindly show us where anyone said any of that:

CNN Democratic Debate – Full Transcript

I'll do it!

Let's seeee...

Who will expand the welfare state the most:

SANDERS: And in my view what we need to do is create millions of jobs by rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure; raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour; pay equity for women workers; and our disastrous trade policies, which have cost us millions of jobs; and make every public college and university in this country tuition free.

BASH (moderator): Senator Sanders is talking about, expanding Social Security and giving all Americans Medicare. What's wrong with that?

CLINTON: My plan would enable anyone to go to a public college or university tuition free. You would not have to borrow money for tuition.

CLINTON: I want to enhance the benefits for the poorest recipients of Social Security.

CLINTON: Well, first of all, I want to make sure every child gets health care. That's why I helped to create the Children's Health Insurance Program, and I want to support states that are expanding health care and including undocumented children and others.

CHAFFEE: America has many challenges confronting us - ending the perpetual wars, addressing climate change, addressing income inequality, funding education, funding infrastructure, funding healthcare, helping black Americans, helping Native Americans. We have many challenges. Who is best able to confront these challenges?

Who will get most even with evil rich people:

CHAFEE: So there's still a lot more money to be had from this top echelon. I'm saying let's have another tier and put that back into the tax bracket. And that will generate $42 billion.

SANDERS: Well, let me tell you, Donald Trump and his billionaire friends under my policies are going to pay a hell of a lot more in taxes today - taxes in the future than they're paying today.

CLINTON: Right now, the wealthy pay too little and the middle class pays too much.

Who will make it harder to own guns:

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, is Bernie Sanders tough enough on guns?

CLINTON: No, not at all. I think that we have to look at the fact that we lose 90 people a day from gun violence. This has gone on too long and it's time the entire country stood up against the NRA.

Are you some kind of fucking retard?

Besides the fact no one is going to use nukes to fight insurgents - shitheads like you also suggested this as a solution in Vietnam, showing I'm too old - even if they did, the resultant radiation would make Israel unlivable, and since the Jews are running our foreign policy, that isn't going to happen. It would also destroy middle east oil production, and drive gasoline prices up to $20.00 a gallon. SO on one is going to do that, either.

The War on Terror - where the American Taxpayer/Consumer funds BOTH sides.
I'm talking small nukes...controlled fallout...small enough to fit up your ass. GFY.

Forum List

Back