🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cecil the Lion and the Cultural Perils of Internet Outrage

The Prog loons who think it is perfectly acceptable to Form Mobs to destroy the lives of people who are different than them are going to rue the day when they set the Neo-Victorian Witch Hunt precedent. He who lives by the Tweet is at high risk of dying by the Tweet.

And I'm sad to say. they are the ones who will Deserve it. You can't reason with these insane outrageous and insane people anymore.

When have you tried to reason with anyone?

Death with Dignity?? What the hell is that? And how do you place the dignity of an unborn fetus that is dead (and was not self aware) above the life and health of living people?

Fetal tissue transplants from induced abortions will serve to enhance abortion’s image — to many it will at least seem morally neutral. At a minimum, donating tissue would offer relief from some of the guilt that many women feel when electing abortion, thus alleviating some of the ambivalence that usually accompanies it. Though our society tragically permits abortion, most do not view abortion itself as good. Even the most vocal pro-choice advocates acknowledge that it is the right to choose that is good, not the act of terminating a pregnancy itself. The prospect of donating tissue is not likely to dramatically increase abortions unless the pregnant mother is allowed to designate who receives the tissue. But it would certainly contribute to the decision to abort and might push some women “over the line.” The routine retrieval of the tissue would no doubt make the unborn’s death seem less tragic. Nolan puts it this way: “Enhancing abortion’s image could thus be expected to undermine efforts to make it as little needed and little used a procedure as possible.”41 Even some tissue transplant advocates acknowledge that they may create a greater incentive to abortion, or may lead women to decide for abortion who would not otherwise.42 This argument against the transplants distinguishes between abortion and the freedom to choose abortion. Many pro-choice advocates are increasingly uncomfortable with the number of abortions performed in this country. Many see the increased effectiveness of contraception as good because it prevents the occurrence of the trauma and tragedy of surgical abortion. Even support for RU 486 (the “abortion pill,” currently sold in much of Europe and the Third World, but not available in the United States) is based on this same notion. Thus, anything that would increase surgical abortions can hardly be considered good by anyone. Though our society recognizes the legality of abortion, we have rarely seen fit to actively encourage it. Research shows great ambivalence toward abortion among women considering it.43 There is usually intense anxiety during the final 24 hours before the abortion is performed. Studies of pregnant women choosing abortion show that between one-third and 40 percent change their minds at least once, and around 30 percent do not finally make up their mind until just prior to the procedure. Thus, it is likely that the prospect of solace over the guilt that usually accompanies abortion will enter into the complex set of factors that are involved in the decision to abort. The possibility of “redeeming abortion” throws a powerful human motivation into the already complex situation that will affect those one-third to 40 percent who change their minds during the process. Bopp and Burtchaell, in their dissent from the NIH Panel Report, state, “It is willful fantasy to imagine that young pregnant women estranged from their families and their sexual partners, and torn by the knowledge that they are with child, will not be powerfully relieved at the prospect that the sad act of violence they are reluctant to accept can now have redemptive value.”44 One wonders if government sponsorship of fetal tissue transplants would have the same legitimizing influence on abortion that Roe v. Wade did. Though the justices in that decision clearly did not want to make a decision on the personhood of the fetus, it can be argued that by allowing abortion they did make a powerful statement that has “trickled down” to a significant part of society.

The Ethics of Fetal Tissue Transplantation - Christian Research Institute

But I do know that we are innocent until proven guilty. As for your accusation that lions are endangered... I checked the endangered species list and I don't see lion there. Do you have a link to back that up?

All I said was that I dont think shooting a lion for sport is cool. Maybe it isnt endangered, thats not the point. Maybe he is innocent, thats not the point.

The point is how is not liking someone killing a lion for sport a Lefty position? You guys are just throwing the liberal label around so much that you do it without reason
I thought the democrat party was embracing the wacko folks who are anti-hunting, anti-fishing, anti-eating, anti-co2 cow excrement, anti-nuclear power, anti-coal power, anti-gas power, anti-oil, anti-pretty much all human activities that result in propagation of the species, ... you know all those groups. Did I miss something?

How many threads have been created, on this one site, comparing the outrage of the Planned Parenthood story to the outrage of the Cecil the Lion story. And how many of those were created by liberals?

To claim that only liberals operate on outrage is ridiculous.

I think the claim is that it is selective outrage ...........

But what do you expect from a black boy with an axe to grind with society.

Liberals want to have outrage over one old lion while condoning the mutilation and sell of fecal tissue like it was $2.98 / lb. human burger ..............

As I have said numerous times, once the fetus is aborted, one of two things will happen to the remains. Either they are thrown in an incinerator or they are used to save lives. Which of these two options do you prefer?

Abortion is an emotional issue, especially for the pregnant women. Using tissue and organs to save the life of a critically ill new born is too abstract for those whose anger clouds their thinking.

If the right to life crowd really gave a damn about reducing abortions they would picket their school board and demand age appropriate sex education in a comprehensive health care curriculum. Such a course of study would expose age appropriate students to the dangers of sexually transmitted disease, and how the use of condoms can reduce the danger of an unwanted pregnancy and disease.

Let's not pretend the right to life crowd is solely concerned with the life of the fetus, it is an authoritarian movement to control the behavior of others.

Can you point to JUST ONE case of where baby body parts have CURED something, SAVED anothers life, etc.?

Every infant organ transplant recipient was saved by a baby body part.
You'd think that they REALLY don't care about children after they are born....their continued behavior sure points to that.

Congrats, you're getting smarter.... and how do we get baby body pats... simply murder them as they POP OUT?

I am already quite intelligent.

That abortions take place in the US is not news. The story was about PP "selling" body parts. After an abortion, one of two things will happen to the remains. Either they are thrown in an incinerator or they are used to save lives. Which of these two options do you prefer?
Incinerator of course.

Clearly, the profit margin for the black market selling of human remains is too much for the leadership of PP to resist.
BTW....the story is MORE than just the selling of human parts....

First of all, congrats. I have asked that same question in numerous threads and of many people. You are the first one to actually answer it.

And what else is the story about?
other than pure human greed...The story is about violations of federal law. When abortion providers specifically target their abortion procedures for the purpose of gathering aborted human tissue for resale.....Something that is considered a federal crime.....Then the people of this country have a duty to question it.

In addition to that bit of felony activity, the organization of PP accepts one-half billion dollars of taxpayer money. Given that they get this incredible sum, and the fact that it took an undercover investigation to reveal that this activity was going on....then it becomes clear that our government oversight has failed us miserably.

At the very least, EVERY MORAL American has duty to demand from our government, as suspension of funding to this organization UNTIL such time as an independent investigation can be conducted to determine the extent of this atrocity. The American taxpayer should also demand that funding not be reinstated until such time as new laws are put into place making these kinds of acts punishable by life in prison.

That is just scratching the surface.

In order for that to be accurate, you will need some evidence that PP uses any of the federal money on abortions.
No I don't. That's a false premise.

I said the people have a right to question the money being given to them based upon the conduct discovered in this investigation.

But I do know that we are innocent until proven guilty. As for your accusation that lions are endangered... I checked the endangered species list and I don't see lion there. Do you have a link to back that up?

All I said was that I dont think shooting a lion for sport is cool. Maybe it isnt endangered, thats not the point. Maybe he is innocent, thats not the point.

The point is how is not liking someone killing a lion for sport a Lefty position? You guys are just throwing the liberal label around so much that you do it without reason
I thought the democrat party was embracing the wacko folks who are anti-hunting, anti-fishing, anti-eating, anti-co2 cow excrement, anti-nuclear power, anti-coal power, anti-gas power, anti-oil, anti-pretty much all human activities that result in propagation of the species, ... you know all those groups. Did I miss something?
You "thought".......*snicker

I am already quite intelligent.

That abortions take place in the US is not news. The story was about PP "selling" body parts. After an abortion, one of two things will happen to the remains. Either they are thrown in an incinerator or they are used to save lives. Which of these two options do you prefer?
Incinerator of course.

Clearly, the profit margin for the black market selling of human remains is too much for the leadership of PP to resist.

First of all, congrats. I have asked that same question in numerous threads and of many people. You are the first one to actually answer it.

other than pure human greed...The story is about violations of federal law. When abortion providers specifically target their abortion procedures for the purpose of gathering aborted human tissue for resale.....Something that is considered a federal crime.....Then the people of this country have a duty to question it.

In addition to that bit of felony activity, the organization of PP accepts one-half billion dollars of taxpayer money. Given that they get this incredible sum, and the fact that it took an undercover investigation to reveal that this activity was going on....then it becomes clear that our government oversight has failed us miserably.

At the very least, EVERY MORAL American has duty to demand from our government, as suspension of funding to this organization UNTIL such time as an independent investigation can be conducted to determine the extent of this atrocity. The American taxpayer should also demand that funding not be reinstated until such time as new laws are put into place making these kinds of acts punishable by life in prison.

In order for that to be accurate, you will need some evidence that PP uses any of the federal money on abortions.

I said the people have a right to question the money being given to them based upon the conduct discovered in this investigation.

So investigate and make sure no federal money was used in abortions and that no laws were broken.

Incinerator of course.

So investigate and make sure no federal money was used in abortions and that no laws were broken.
Gee....I just said that....with this excpetion...

All funding should be suspended UNTIL such time as it is proven that they have not.......

It will be wholly unacceptable that they are investigated by ANYONE who is pro choice or pro government.

What does not shooting a lion have to do with being anti hunting, fishing or eating. Do you think this dude is going to have some lion burgers or are you just being an asshole?

See? You throw around the label Liberal so much you do it without even knowing why.

PapaGeorgio said:
The left is the one outraged over the lions death. It is a huge deal, the dentist is in hiding because of death threats

And your evidence this came from "The left" is?

Oh., that's right. You just made it up.

I think it is amusing how the left is worried about a lion yet drones killing innocent children is okay

I think the right is being hypocritical and dishonest. They don't like the lion-killing either, yet they criticize the left for not liking it. And they know pro-choicers don't consider fetuses to be children, but they simply choose to lie about that.

The left has gone nuts.

Either you adore the lion-killing, or you're a hypocrite. Which is it?

I believe it should be outlawed to kill animals for sport, but to get this worked up about it. Threatening the life of a person for it, is lefty nutters solution. Between now and next year the leftwing nutters will say nothing about game hunters killing thousands of animals. Just outrage over one the named. Just like kids killed by drones, or blacks killing blacks, the left doesn't give a shit.

If the left would not have made an issue over this, the story would be just like Cecil...dead.

You have no evidence that the right made it a story? That's right you have none.

I believe it should be outlawed to kill animals for sport, but to get this worked up about it. Threatening the life of a person for it, is lefty nutters solution.

Oh so you're doing that thing again where you are more upset at the reaction people have from killing the lion MORE than you are upset at actually KILLING the lion.

That old trick. Example: I agree WallStreet is taking us all for a ride bu bu but Look at the Protestors!! WTF are THEY DOING?

The Prog loons who think it is perfectly acceptable to Form Mobs to destroy the lives of people who are different than them are going to rue the day when they set the Neo-Victorian Witch Hunt precedent. He who lives by the Tweet is at high risk of dying by the Tweet.

And I'm sad to say. they are the ones who will Deserve it. You can't reason with these insane outrageous and insane people anymore.

When have you tried to reason with anyone?
To reason is to think. Thus, no.

What does not shooting a lion have to do with being anti hunting, fishing or eating. Do you think this dude is going to have some lion burgers or are you just being an asshole?

See? You throw around the label Liberal so much you do it without even knowing why.
shooting a lion is hunting... anti-hunting is a meme pushed by the left... if you don't know that what planet do you live on?

shooting a lion is hunting... anti-hunting is a meme pushed by the left... if you don't know that what planet do you live on?

Shooting a lion is shooting a lion. I think republicans are against that too. Just because a bullet went in doesnt qualify it as "hunting".

Either way, whats the opposite opinion? Kill 'em all?

Killing a lion is now a Democratic thing lol

Shooting a lion is shooting a lion. I think republicans are against that too. Just because a bullet went in doesnt qualify it as "hunting".

Why do you think republicans are against killing predators? Why do you think killing a lion is a democratic thing? Why do you think killing one lion is the same as killing all lions? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you don't know a thing about liberty or hunting do you?

Why do you think republicans are against killing predators? Why do you think killing a lion is a democratic thing? Why do you think killing one lion is the same as killing all lions? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you don't know a thing about liberty or hunting do you?

You keep hearing things that no one is saying. I guess when you dont have an argument you have to fight the ones you assign to other people. And use a lot of question marks

You keep hearing things that no one is saying. I guess when you dont have an argument you have to fight the ones you assign to other people. And use a lot of question marks
It's called asking questions. Try it sometime.

The answer is simple, designate San Francisco and New York City as Sanctuary Cities for lion prides. Bring a few dozen prides to each city and let them enjoy freedom and safety.

It's a perfect solution and absolutely guaranteed to make the world a better place.

maxresdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back