Celebs and Plastic Surgery

Most regular men are not going out getting plastic surgery. That is not the case with women where they are put under pressure by men (see your OWN comments above, you totally made MY point) to go under the knife.

Men aren't putting pressure on women to go under the knife, women are doing that to themselves. They want male attention and they'll get more of it if they're attractive. It's all the woman's decision. Women have agency in life, they're not under the command of men.

MEN are not judged strictly on their appearances, as women are . . .

So what? Women aren't judged primarily on their social status like men are. Plenty of professional men will date a waitress but you almost never see a female physician asking the busboy cleaning her table to go out on a date with her.

The FACT is that women are not going out getting breast implants for themselves. That goes for both, celebrities and regular women. And it certainly isn't other WOMEN who are demanding to see big giant basketball breasts. :lol: WE think that looks ridiculous!

Sure they are, they want the benefit that comes from the implant.

And confidence IS beautiful! :smile:

Only a woman would say that. I guarantee you that an ugly confident woman in not as beautiful as a young, pretty and less confident woman.

Not true. She's doing it because she is aging and she is worried about her husband finding her unattractive and no longer desiring her.

Notice how the focus in on how she will be perceived. It's her decision because she wants to alter her life in some fashion.

More unattractive male actors (some are repeats of course). These are very successful actors keep in mind. I mean seriously, anyone who denies that there is a double standard for women and men regarding physical beauty has their heads in the sand.

There is no double standard, there are standards which apply to men and those which apply to women. They don't overlap nor should they. There is no inherent hypocrisy involved which is usually implied when the double standard issue is tossed out.

Women get the benefit that comes from their beauty. Men get the benefit that flows from their status. Men judge women by their looks, women judge men by status. You never really see guys trying to date an ugly woman who is driving a Ferrari but you do see plenty of women making a judgment on a man that they just met by looking at his car, or his job, or his social influence/reputation.

The women do all of those because they are taking cues from men. Period. End thread. :D

And men get jobs because they're taking cues from women. Have you ever seen the guys who realize that women see through them. They live in their underwear, play video games all day, smoke dope, and work just enough to meet the minimum it takes to stay alive.

Yeah, she was 21. Being 21 can do that for a woman.

Selma Hayek still looks great, and she's almost fifty. lol

Absolutely. There are plenty of older absolutely gorgeous women. Take myself for example! :biggrin: Lol! I'll be 40 in 4 years, and I am in MUCH better shape than many 21-year-old girls.

This guy Riz-whatever is obviously one of those obsessed with youth.

Most regular men are not going out getting plastic surgery. That is not the case with women where they are put under pressure by men (see your OWN comments above, you totally made MY point) to go under the knife.

Men aren't putting pressure on women to go under the knife, women are doing that to themselves. They want male attention and they'll get more of it if they're attractive. It's all the woman's decision. Women have agency in life, they're not under the command of men.

So what? Women aren't judged primarily on their social status like men are. Plenty of professional men will date a waitress but you almost never see a female physician asking the busboy cleaning her table to go out on a date with her.

The FACT is that women are not going out getting breast implants for themselves. That goes for both, celebrities and regular women. And it certainly isn't other WOMEN who are demanding to see big giant basketball breasts. :lol: WE think that looks ridiculous!

Only a woman would say that. I guarantee you that an ugly confident woman in not as beautiful as a young, pretty and less confident woman.

Not true. She's doing it because she is aging and she is worried about her husband finding her unattractive and no longer desiring her.

Notice how the focus in on how she will be perceived. It's her decision because she wants to alter her life in some fashion.

More unattractive male actors (some are repeats of course). These are very successful actors keep in mind. I mean seriously, anyone who denies that there is a double standard for women and men regarding physical beauty has their heads in the sand.

There is no double standard, there are standards which apply to men and those which apply to women. They don't overlap nor should they. There is no inherent hypocrisy involved which is usually implied when the double standard issue is tossed out.

Women get the benefit that comes from their beauty. Men get the benefit that flows from their status. Men judge women by their looks, women judge men by status. You never really see guys trying to date an ugly woman who is driving a Ferrari but you do see plenty of women making a judgment on a man that they just met by looking at his car, or his job, or his social influence/reputation.

The women do all of those because they are taking cues from men. Period. End thread. :D

And men get jobs because they're taking cues from women. Have you ever seen the guys who realize that women see through them. They live in their underwear, play video games all day, smoke dope, and work just enough to meet the minimum it takes to stay alive.

No, men get jobs because they are responsible human beings. If you don't mind my asking, how old are you anyway? You seem very young.

Absolutely. There are plenty of older absolutely gorgeous women. Take myself for example! :biggrin: Lol! I'll be 40 in 4 years, and I am in MUCH better shape than many 21-year-old girls.

Exactly. If she's changed this much in just 5 years, it doesn't exactly bode well for the future. lol

That's why they tell you to check out a girl's mother first before deciding to settle down.
biggrin.gif

Exactly. If she's changed this much in just 5 years, it doesn't exactly bode well for the future. lol

That's why they tell you to check out a girl's mother first before deciding to settle down.
biggrin.gif

Well, that's alright. He's is totally demonstrating my original point with all of his talk about "youth." Lol! :biggrin:

Thank you Rikurzhen, for demonstrating my point.

PS: Why do people choose screen names that are SO difficult to remember and spell?

No, men get jobs because they are responsible human beings. If you don't mind my asking, how old are you anyway? You seem very young.

Eh. I'd actually say that he's got a point on this one.

Most guys put in the effort primarily to get laid. lol

That's actually a large part of the reason why you see so many slackers these days. Guys don't have to work as hard to get it anymore, and many of them have decided to simply not put in the effort at all.

YOU are talking about "boys" above, not "men." Lol!

That's actually a large part of the reason why you see so many slackers these days. Guys don't have to work as hard to get it anymore, and many of them have decided to simply not put in the effort at all.

I disagree. I've known plenty of men who had great work ethics. My ex-boyfriend was one of them. He could not STAND to not be working for even a week. It would drive him crazy. He was a very motivated individual, and there are plenty of other men out there who are the same. You two are describing boys, not men. These are "men" by age alone, but they are not yet mature.

I disagree. I've known plenty of men who had great work ethics. My ex-boyfriend was one of them. He could not STAND to not be working for even a week. It would drive him crazy. He was a very motivated individual, and there are plenty of other men out there who are the same. You two are describing boys, not men. These are "men" by age alone, but they are not yet mature.

Okay, but that's what I was talking about in the first place.

The vast majority of men in their younger years (late teens to late twenties/ early thirties) are primarily motivated by sex. In lieu of that, they're more than happy to make due with creature comforts.

Okay, but that's what I was talking about in the first place.

The vast majority of men in their younger years (late teens to late twenties/ early thirties) are primarily motivated by sex. In lieu of that, they're more than happy to make due with creature comforts.

That's why I prefer older men for the most part. :biggrin: I think that women preferring a man who has his shit together is completely different scenario than a man who is looking for big boobies, big asses, or "youthful beauty." Lol! Apples and oranges, I say!!! :lol:

That's why I prefer older men for the most part. :biggrin: I think that women preferring a man who has his shit together is completely different scenario than a man who is looking for big boobies, big asses, or "youthful beauty." Lol! Apples and oranges, I say!!! :lol:

The point is that both genders have social "roles" they are expected to fill, and tend to be judged harshly if they fail to do so.

Men are expected to be able to work, provide, and compete. Women are expected to be beautiful.

They aren't only negatively judged by the opposite sex for failing to live up to those roles either, but their own gender as well.

The point is that both genders have social "roles" they are expected to fill, and tend to be judged harshly if they fail to do so.

Men are expected to be able to work, provide, and compete. Women are expected to be beautiful.

They aren't negatively judged only by the opposite sex for failing to live up to those roles either, but their own gender as well.

Mmmm. I disagree. I don't really care if another woman is beautiful or not, to be honest. I will be friends with and talk to another woman regardless of her appearance.

Mmmm. I disagree. I don't really care if another woman is beautiful or not, to be honest. I will be friends with and talk to another woman regardless of her appearance.

And how about a woman who never wore make-up, rarely washed her hair, and wore sweats 24/7?

And how about a woman who never wore make-up, rarely washed her hair, and wore sweats 24/7?

I've had friends like that before. Well, with the exception of the rarely washed hair. Lol. I remember when I was in either middle school or high school, I had a friend who was around my height and probably weighed in at about 250 pounds. She was seriously obese, but her and I were friends for years. She was a really nice person. I wished she would lose weight for obvious health reasons, but I never treated her bad because of it.

biggrin.gif

Well, that's alright. He's is totally demonstrating my original point with all of his talk about "youth." Lol! :biggrin:

PS: Why do people choose screen names that are SO difficult to remember and spell?

Think of this, recursion, and it should help you. That's just how us math geeks roll.

Boyfriend implies girlfriend, you, in the picture. His strategy of having a job worked. Now pick out the loseriest of the losers, a guy who once had a girl smile at him 12 years ago, and is clinging to that memory. There are plenty of men who have checked out of life.

Keep this fact in mind, and think about what it implies. Throughout history, in the era before effective birth control, back tens of thousands of years, throughout history, about 80% of all women who have ever lived have had children but only 40% of men have done the same. Lot's of guys are, evolutionarily speaking, garbage on the side of the road. This entire dynamic affects social behavior in profound ways.

Boyfriend implies girlfriend, you, in the picture. His strategy of having a job worked. Now pick out the loseriest of the losers, a guy who once had a girl smile at him 12 years ago, and is clinging to that memory. There are plenty of men who have checked out of life.

Keep this fact in mind, and think about what it implies. Throughout history, in the era before effective birth control, back tens of thousands of years, throughout history, about 80% of all women who have ever lived have had children but only 40% of men have done the same. Lot's of guys are, evolutionarily speaking, garbage on the side of the road. This entire dynamic affects social behavior in profound ways.

No, he didn't do that for me. He did it for himself. I think that most adult men want to work, and HAVE to work in order to survive. Sure, some might be happy sitting around playing games all day for a while, but eventually they grow up and want to have a better and more productive life. Only children who still live at home can afford to not work for a living.

biggrin.gif

Think of this, recursion, and it should help you. That's just how us math geeks roll.

Math??? :omg:

They aren't only negatively judged by the opposite sex for failing to live up to those roles either, but their own gender as well.

Hmmm. Well riddle me this, why are SO many men married to women who are "less than beautiful?" :biggrin:

In fact, I'm willing to bet that a LOT of the men who are SO critical about women's appearances are married to some not very attractive women. Lol! So . . . what does that mean, when a man's own wife is not a very attractive person, yet he feels okay with being so critical of another female's appearance.

Seriously, there are plenty of men who do this, and then you see their wives/girlfriends, and you are like . . . ???

No, he didn't do that for me. He did it for himself. I think that most adult men want to work, and HAVE to work in order to survive. Sure, some might be happy sitting around playing games all day for a while, but eventually they grow up and want to have a better and more productive life. Only children who still live at home can afford to not work for a living.

He did it, because he wanted the money, social status, and respect that come with being successful. It simply happens to be the case that, along with all of the above, also come women, because women are naturally drawn to all of those things in men.

It's a survival strategy like any other.

Hmmm. Well riddle me this, why are SO many men married to women who are "less than beautiful?" :biggrin:

In fact, I'm willing to bet that a LOT of the men who are SO critical about women's appearances are married to some not very attractive women. Lol! So . . . what does that mean, when a man's own wife is not a very attractive person, yet he feels okay with being so critical of another female's appearance.

Seriously, there are plenty of men who do this, and then you see their wives/girlfriends, and you are like . . . ???

Because most of those guys either aren't successful enough, or aren't attractive enough, to attain high status women, perhaps?

A lot of those women have likely aged poorly as well. They may have once been better looking than they are now.

Forum List

Back