Charles Barkley slams "unintelligent" Blacks who embrace thug culture and.........

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
who criticize others for not being “black enough.”

This is one thing that disgusts me more and more, this "not black enough" bullshit.

You live in the suburbs, you're "not black enough".
Getting an education, you're "not black enough".

I've been hearing stories here that the Seattle Seahawks locker room is divided because so many of the black players think Russell Wilson the star QB, is "not black enough". It's here in the story.

Charles Barkley Slams ‘Unintelligent,’ ‘Brainwashed’ Black People for Holding Successful Ones Back

Charles Barkley is dishing out some tough love for what he describes as ”unintelligent” African-Americans who embrace thug culture and criticize others for not being “black enough.”
Barkley, an NBA Hall of Famer and now a TV analyst with TNT, made the comments in response to a question regarding a report that Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson isn't seen as “black enough” by some of his NFL teammates.

“For some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you're not a thug or an idiot, you're not black enough,” Barkley said. “If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don't break the law, you're not a good black person.”
He made the controversial comments in an interview with CBS Philadelphia radio's “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis.”

“There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don't have success,” he continued. “It's best to knock a successful black person down because they're intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school and they're successful … It's just typical B.S. that goes on when you're a black, man.” He also described the situation as ”a dirty, dark secret.”

Barkley is known for being outspoken. He recently defended the NFL’ Adrian Peterson, who is accused of physically abusing his son, noting that “we spank kids in the South.”

Charles Barkley Slams Unintelligent Brainwashed Black People for Holding Successful Ones Back Audio - Yahoo TV

ae899721f4bfa6b02ad5b6ec86a31080ce71e425a9a12ba5f705bcdfebe0fb93.jpg

Is there anything more exciting than when a famous black guy says things that oppressed white guys have been saying ....about ALL black guys.....for years?

Is there anything more exciting than when a famous black guy says things that oppressed white guys have been saying ....about ALL black guys.....for years?
It's good to see a black man call out others in his own community who give the entire community a negative stereotype.

I can respect a person's choice to get an education, just as much as I can respect a person's choice to embrace gang culture.

I resonate with the gangstas as well as the educated.

Sounds like the norm in the black 'community', talking smack about each other and those with lighter skin being hated by those with darker skin. A blast form the past ... Nothing new here; blacks are just more racist than other groups, and as a result commit more violently racist hate crimes to boot.

“ Fun Reconstruction Facts”

Another weak seam in the Republican fabric joined predominately mulatto antebellum free Negroes and the largely black ex-slaves.

In Louisiana and N. Carolina, the early monopolization of black leadership by the mulatto class aroused the color and class tensions never far from the surface in the black community.

A mulatto candidate for the 1868 constitutional convention in South Carolina said: “ If ever there is a ****** government – an unmixed ****** government – established in South Carolina, I shall move.”

On the other side, a black leader said of the mulattoes: “To what race do they belong? … I know that my ancestors trod the burning sands of Africa, but why should men in whose veins run a great preponderance of white blood seek to specially ally themselves with the black man, prate of 'our race', when they are simply mongrels.”

p.560, Ordeal By Fire – The Civil War and Reconstruction - James McPherson, Knopf, 1982.

The starred out words are the N word, for those who want to know.

Last edited:
He must have been talking to Bill Cosby.

First reply from TemplarKormac --- a fat, lazy, hypocritical, do-nothing racist who demands that others, including blacks, do what he refuses to do.

As to the OP, most black feel as Barclay does. Indeed, this isn't a black issue. Its a human issue. Just as I do about the fat, lazy, hypocritical, do-nothing racist most people feel that way about most races.

I don't care what color you are - Get off your butt and do for yourself.

People don't like to acknowledge that one can make quite a bit of money through crime, or that many criminals are actually very well educated.

Too bad to change the whole situation in the country we need more than just one African American who condemns the life style that many of his kind have...
The problem is in mentality and the reason our society still supports this mentality.

Forum List

Back