Chauvin juror: I didn't want to go thru the rioting

According to the alternate juror, she said mob justice played no role in her concluding Chauvin guilty of second degree manslaughter.
Therefore, she made the more correct decision based on lack of undue influence thus the other jurors did not due to undue influence
That's an unsupportable conclusion. As any juror taking the influence less seriously in your example, would have resulted in a hung jury on all charges, and if some jurors took it more seriously that would have resulted in a hung jury of the murder charges.

There is no way you could slide the degree of influence to have it land on the verdict of guilty on every count.
My conclusion is supported by the results of the outcome. It is your contention that is not supported by her statements nor the outcome from those whose necks were unduly put at risk.

To me that's backwards thinking. Anything less than guilty on all charges could have resulted in riots.
Absolutely wrong.

The rioters were used to officers being cleared on all charges, so a single guilty verdict would have satisfied them.

To use a sports metaphor,

On Sunday, Stanton went hitless in seven at-bats while striking out five times. That was Stanton's second such game this season in which he struck out five times and failed to record a hi

full-throated boos from the crowd here at the Stadium after Stanton strikes out for the fourth time today

The fans would have been happy had he just gotten a hit, any hit.

Did you not read the OP and what the juror said? She was clearly worried about more riots....I don't know how much clearer she can be.
Did you read the "alternate" juror said she would have convicted on second degree manslaughter, independent of any outside influence.
No....you added that part...because frankly we would never know for sure....all we know is the outside influence was there...the threats of more violence....I don't think she can even answer the question that all that what was going on didn't taint how she viewed the evidence as it was presented.

But frankly, how could it not? I can't blame her, if I was in her position and knew that if I didn't convict, the left wing storm troopers would continue to destroy my home, and risk the lives of thousands more....

why will he get an appeal...he is a white cop who killed a black man and got convicted...the powers that are cannot allow this...the implication of white men being held responsible for their actions wont fly...simple as that..
He'll get his appeal.
Might even get a new trial, IF HE WANTS ONE.

Do they REALLY want to give the prosecution another bite at the apple now that they know your defense?

But, his chances of winning a trial? None or less unless they get a jury of blind deaf people.
His chances of pulling a heavier sentence pretty good.

He'll get his appeal and may get a sentence reduction but there is no way he wants another trial.

Absolutely wrong.

The rioters were used to officers being cleared on all charges, so a single guilty verdict would have satisfied them.

To use a sports metaphor,
How so? Stats from 2009 to 2019 show at least 80 'white' officers have either been convicted or have convictions pending in similar cases. Also, a lessor number of 'black' officers have been convicted or have cases pending. So, that argument just doesn't hold water. Your sports analogy is laughable.

My conclusion is supported by the results of the outcome. It is your contention that is not supported by her statements nor the outcome from those whose necks were unduly put at risk.
This is typical Trump thinking. Just like thinking that Trump lost because the democrats cheated. Rather than the simple fact that Biden got more votes. 81 to 74 million and 306 to 232 electoral votes.
Chauvin was found guilty because like the alternate juror said, the prosecution put on a much better case.

He'll get his appeal.

Do they REALLY want to give the prosecution another bite at the apple now that they know your defense?

But, his chances of winning a trial? None or less unless they get a jury of blind deaf people.

He'll get his appeal and may get a sentence reduction but there is no way he wants another trial.
In this atmosphere, yes, no way would he get a fair trial.

This is typical Trump thinking. Just like thinking that Trump lost because the democrats cheated. Rather than the simple fact that Biden got more votes. 81 to 74 million and 306 to 232 electoral votes.
Chauvin was found guilty because like the alternate juror said, the prosecution put on a much better case.
You sure like to obfuscate and triangulate when debating, especially when you are losing. I think you just like to argue. BTW pull your skirt down, your TDS is showing.... :auiqs.jpg:

why will he get an appeal...he is a white cop who killed a black man and got convicted...the powers that are cannot allow this...the implication of white men being held responsible for their actions wont fly...simple as that..
He'll get his appeal.

He`ll get a knee on his neck before he gets a new trial. WTF is wrong with you? Most members of the human race saw the video and that isn`t going away. The slob they pulled out of the gutter to testify in Chauvin`s defense was pathetic to say the least. The trial was a waste of taxpayer`s money but that`s what we do here.

How so? Stats from 2009 to 2019 show at least 80 'white' officers have either been convicted or have convictions pending in similar cases.
WOW. I didn't think there were that many cases of white police officers killing unarmed black men / women.

Thanks for the count. So you say there were 80 of them. WOW !!!

He`ll get a knee on his neck before he gets a new trial. WTF is wrong with you? Most members of the human race saw the video and that isn`t going away. The slob they pulled out of the gutter to testify in Chauvin`s defense was pathetic to say the least. The trial was a waste of taxpayer`s money but that`s what we do here.
I have always said Chauving was convicted because of 9 seconds of video. The rest of the videos should have been given the same weight but people like Biden, Waters, BLM and the would be rioters made sure no one cared that Floyd was constantly resisting, full of drugs and playing to the body cams and iPhones.

He'll get his appeal.

If he doesn't appeal he'll likely have to spend the rest of his life in prison. He has nothing to lose.

I hope you're wrong on this one.

OBVIOUSLY, she's wrong on this one.., The prosecution COULD have played any kind of race card if they HAD ANY.. They did not.. This is about gross disconcern for people already in custody.. Never was a matter of skin color...

WOW. I didn't think there were that many cases of white police officers killing unarmed black men / women.

Thanks for the count. So you say there were 80 of them. WOW !!!
Yes and they stood and are standing for conviction...Which totally blows your theory out of the water. If you were truly not a racist, cop hater, you would also know that approximately 1,028 officers were killed in the line of duty from 2015 to 2020. But then, you probably celebrate those stats...HUH?

In this atmosphere, yes, no way would he get a fair trial.
You've actually pointed out why an appeal would fail. If the trial he got, was fairer than what a new trial would bring, they can't fix it by making it worse.

Forum List

Back