Chicago concealed carry gun owner kills robber...

The exceptions make the news. not what happens normally, which is nothing. it if bleeds, it leads...
It happens often enough for reasonable people to know that it is capable of happening, such as to put one in fear of it happening to them when some asshole starts waiving a gun around and shouting demands. That very act implies that the perp is willing to use deadly force against the people in the store he is robbing.
The man who killed him, wasn't being robbed hence, he cannot claim self-defense, more than likely. Regardless, he will be sued. The lesson here, don't play the hero unless the shit really hits the fan...
This is the legal standard. This is from North Carolina but is the standard almost everywhere. Wow, who woulda thunk it! You're wrong again!

"In protecting a family member or another person, you can only use deadly force (i.e., your handgun) if, under the circumstances, the family member or other person would be legally justified in using deadly force to protect himself or herself, i.e., to save the person from imminent threat of death, great bodily harm or sexual assault."

http://www.martincountyncgov.com/_fileUploads/forms/Concealed Handgun Permits and the Use of Deadly Force QA.pdf
Since the shooter wasn't under an imminent threat, and neither was anyone else, charges are still pending.
You don't listen well, jizz breath.
Works like this, dumbass:

"Last month, a Michigan woman with a concealed carry license shot at shoplifters fleeing a Detroit-area Home Depot store, flattening a tire of their SUV. No one was hurt, and the suspected shoplifters were arrested several days later. The woman faces up to 90 days in jail after pleading no contest to a charge of reckless discharge of a firearm."
Chicago man pulls gun to rob store; customer pulls licensed gun and kills him, police say

Nope, not according to the law.
Uh, yes it is.
He wasn't being robbed, nor was the gun pointed at him. Just another John Wayne wannabe.
Still irrelevant to the legal analysis, moron. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
Oh, but I do... Self-Defense
Idiot. This is such a clear case of legal self defense the prosecutors probably will not even charge the shooter. They have pretty much already implied this.
Since he wasn't being robbed, or threatened, that might take some effort. Either way, the family will see him in court as the civil suit is inevitable...

Robbers shoot the clerk all the time. Maybe it does not happen in your world, but it does here on earth, you moron.
Nope, they almost never do...
Even if you are correct on the statistics, it is still irrelevant because of the legal standard I have quoted to you several times, jackass.
Your legal standard is BS. He will probably face charges, and the family of the robber will sue. That's life, when you try and play the hero.
It is not "bs". It is the law, you stupid twat.
The law is not on his side, as he was not being threatened...
...until he robbed a business.

Scum, scum, scum scum scum scum baggy yaggy.

Nope, they almost never do...
Even if you are correct on the statistics, it is still irrelevant because of the legal standard I have quoted to you several times, jackass.
Your legal standard is BS. He will probably face charges, and the family of the robber will sue. That's life, when you try and play the hero.
...until he robbed a business.

Scum, scum, scum scum scum scum baggy yaggy.
The shooter still had no right to shoot him, more than likely. The video cameras will likely tell the tale eh...

What color is the sky in your world, Paint?
In my world we still have law and order, not the Wild West...

Liar.

Liar.
Nope. It's still hangin' in, for now.

Uh, yes it is.
He wasn't being robbed, nor was the gun pointed at him. Just another John Wayne wannabe.
Still irrelevant to the legal analysis, moron. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
Idiot. This is such a clear case of legal self defense the prosecutors probably will not even charge the shooter. They have pretty much already implied this.
Since he wasn't being robbed, or threatened, that might take some effort. Either way, the family will see him in court as the civil suit is inevitable...
So according to idiots, armed robbers are no threat whatsoever.

Generally, no. That's why stores make the policy that says do as they say, and do not attempt to thwart them or follow them, it's just money. Most of the time, that's all that is at risk, and money ain't worth a human life, ever...

Generally, no. That's why stores make the policy that says do as they say, and do not attempt to thwart them or follow them, it's just money. Most of the time, that's all that is at risk, and money ain't worth a human life, ever...
Wrong.

The Wild West was waaaay more peaceful than your world.

Wrong.
Nope. See the policies of all national chains, which is hand over the cash and do not follow, or you're fired.
10751867_10205158221139877_1435304113_n.jpg

Yes, but the forms of so-called justice you morons approve of are the same. Me, I'll stick with Law and Order, and professionals running things, not some dickhead with a gun who shoots the carjacking victim and then runs away eh?

Yes, but the forms of so-called justice you morons approve of are the same. Me, I'll stick with Law and Order, and professionals running things, not some dickhead with a gun who shoots the carjacking victim and then runs away eh?

I'll take the more peaceful Wild West for 2000 Alex!

Well, you were born too late, a good 150 years. Sorry, Charlie...

Nope. I still live in the Wild West! There are too many gang members in Reno, but due to the armed nature of the citizenry up here they tend to mind their manners. None of that random shooting horse crap they do in Chicago. They'd get their asses shot off doing that sort of nonsense.

Nope. I still live in the Wild West! There are too many gang members in Reno, but due to the armed nature of the citizenry up here they tend to mind their manners. None of that random shooting horse crap they do in Chicago. They'd get their asses shot off doing that sort of nonsense.
I never lock my doors, but I still live in the real world where playing Wild Wild West gets your ass thrown in jail, like that hero of Walmart, trying to shoot out the tires of shoplifters...

I never lock my doors, but I still live in the real world where playing Wild Wild West gets your ass thrown in jail, like that hero of Walmart, trying to shoot out the tires of shoplifters...

Talk about reporting the exceptional. That woman was and is a moron. The fact that you have had to refer to her idiocy three times in this thread shows just how rare that sort of nonsense is. However I can post up hundreds of 7-11 clerks who have been injured or killed. Thank you so much for proving my point so eloquently.

Forum List

Back