Chicago concealed carry gun owner kills robber...

Nope, they almost never do...
Even if you are correct on the statistics, it is still irrelevant because of the legal standard I have quoted to you several times, jackass.
Your legal standard is BS. He will probably face charges, and the family of the robber will sue. That's life, when you try and play the hero.
It is not "bs". It is the law, you stupid twat.
The law is not on his side, as he was not being threatened...
What color is the sky in your world, Paint?
In my world we still have law and order, not the Wild West...

You're funny! Totally divorced from reality, but funny as hell. Criminals far too often kill for their own amusement AFTER the clerk has complied. Fuck them.
There are story after story of where they do so your assertion is flat out wrong. Go figure, you're wrong about most everything.
The exceptions make the news. not what happens normally, which is nothing. it if bleeds, it leads...
It happens often enough for reasonable people to know that it is capable of happening, such as to put one in fear of it happening to them when some asshole starts waiving a gun around and shouting demands. That very act implies that the perp is willing to use deadly force against the people in the store he is robbing.

Even if you are correct on the statistics, it is still irrelevant because of the legal standard I have quoted to you several times, jackass.
Your legal standard is BS. He will probably face charges, and the family of the robber will sue. That's life, when you try and play the hero.
It is not "bs". It is the law, you stupid twat.
The law is not on his side, as he was not being threatened...
What color is the sky in your world, Paint?
In my world we still have law and order, not the Wild West...
You have YOUR version of law and order, which fails to comport with reality.

You're funny! Totally divorced from reality, but funny as hell. Criminals far too often kill for their own amusement AFTER the clerk has complied. Fuck them.
There are story after story of where they do so your assertion is flat out wrong. Go figure, you're wrong about most everything.
The exceptions make the news. not what happens normally, which is nothing. it if bleeds, it leads...

Sure are a shitload of "exceptions". Hows that indictment going of the Waffle House shooter? I seem to remember you saying he should be sent up the river too. You have a pretty poor predictive rate when it comes to legal actions I am seeing...

Are you fucking high? He was waiving a gun around, and you think that he is only a threat if he actually pulls the trigger and shoots somebody? That kind of thinking would completely eviscerate self-defense law, you moron.

Son, you need to go think about your position a little more, or sober up.
PMH is a big criminal supporter. No crime should be punished and he even thinks that humans are a pox on the world so actually adviocates that people be killed. Why he snivels over a criminal getting killed I have no idea.
Paint is apparently also a total moron. This is simple stuff. That shooter is not going to be charged with a crime, even in Chicago. You point a gun at someone and a victim or bystander in the vicinity shoots and kills the guy, then it is self-defense. If he is shot fleeing, then you would probably see a voluntary manslaughter charge, but that is not what happened here.
We'll see, but if there was no threat, it's second-degree murder. Keep that in mind eh?
It would be a truly moronic ADA that would bring that case to court. The shooter would be thanked by the members of the jury. You really have no clue just how stupid your position is, do you....
Kids, you can't just shoot people committing a crime. Now you know.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Care to bet! How many DA's do you know? I know plenty, and other than the ones who live in progressive cities they pat these sorts of guys on the back with a hearty "good job!"! You're clueless!

It happens often enough for reasonable people to know that it is capable of happening, such as to put one in fear of it happening to them when some asshole starts waiving a gun around and shouting demands. That very act implies that the perp is willing to use deadly force against the people in the store he is robbing.
The man who killed him, wasn't being robbed hence, he cannot claim self-defense, more than likely. Regardless, he will be sued. The lesson here, don't play the hero unless the shit really hits the fan...

PMH is a big criminal supporter. No crime should be punished and he even thinks that humans are a pox on the world so actually adviocates that people be killed. Why he snivels over a criminal getting killed I have no idea.
Paint is apparently also a total moron. This is simple stuff. That shooter is not going to be charged with a crime, even in Chicago. You point a gun at someone and a victim or bystander in the vicinity shoots and kills the guy, then it is self-defense. If he is shot fleeing, then you would probably see a voluntary manslaughter charge, but that is not what happened here.
We'll see, but if there was no threat, it's second-degree murder. Keep that in mind eh?
It would be a truly moronic ADA that would bring that case to court. The shooter would be thanked by the members of the jury. You really have no clue just how stupid your position is, do you....
Kids, you can't just shoot people committing a crime. Now you know.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Care to bet! How many DA's do you know? I know plenty, and other than the ones who live in progressive cities they pat these sorts of guys on the back with a hearty "good job!"! You're clueless!
Time will tell...

Sure are a shitload of "exceptions". Hows that indictment going of the Waffle House shooter? I seem to remember you saying he should be sent up the river too. You have a pretty poor predictive rate when it comes to legal actions I am seeing...
No one was under threat their either. And I haven't checked what the shooter was charged with there, if anything. It's hit and miss, pun intended.

Coroner IDs teen killed in botched Waffle House robbery

As I said, hit and miss.

The man who killed him, wasn't being robbed hence, he cannot claim self-defense, more than likely. Regardless, he will be sued. The lesson here, don't play the hero unless the shit really hits the fan...

One word: Gofundme

This is the legal standard. This is from North Carolina but is the standard almost everywhere. Wow, who woulda thunk it! You're wrong again!

"In protecting a family member or another person, you can only use deadly force (i.e., your handgun) if, under the circumstances, the family member or other person would be legally justified in using deadly force to protect himself or herself, i.e., to save the person from imminent threat of death, great bodily harm or sexual assault."

http://www.martincountyncgov.com/_f...un Permits and the Use of Deadly Force QA.pdf

No one was under threat their either. And I haven't checked what the shooter was charged with there, if anything. It's hit and miss, pun intended.

Hasn't been and won't be charged. End of story. I suggest you actually read up on use of lethal force law because you clearly have no clue.

One word: Gofundme
Sure thing. The high school kid who got thrown has a 42k college fund now. Modern life eh?

That does not matter. The shooter was there in the dangerous, and potentially deadly, situation created by the perp. Self defense is justified. Further, the right of self defense extends to others. If you see someone being mugged at knifepoint it is legal to shoot that person, even if the shooter was not the person being robbed.

Are you sure you are not fucking retarded?

Hasn't been and won't be charged. End of story. I suggest you actually read up on use of lethal force law because you clearly have no clue.
The robbery was completed but the shooter tried to get the guy to surrender and they fought it out. He lived, such is life.

"The armed customer was reportedly sitting in his car as the robbery took place, saw what was happening, walked across the parking lot and took cover behind another parked vehicle. When Davis came out of the restaurant into the vestibule area, the customer drew his gun and told him to drop his weapon.

Davis refused to yield so the two exchanged gunfire after which Davis was hit in the lower abdomen and one of the windows were shot out."

He may get sued, and it will be tossed on summary judgment, if not before, due to self defense.

Those paint fumes have killed too many brain cells, to the point you cannot think logically.

That does not matter. The shooter was there in the dangerous, and potentially deadly, situation created by the perp. Self defense is justified. Further, the right of self defense extends to others. If you see someone being mugged at knifepoint it is legal to shoot that person, even if the shooter was not the person being robbed.

Are you sure you are not fucking retarded?
It is legal to use appropriate, potentially dearly force when the threat is valid, not just because the action is criminal. You can't just shoot a jaywalker, even if he has a gun. There has to be a real threat and in this case there was not. That is why charges are under consideration.

Regardless, the shooter will be sued.

He may get sued, and it will be tossed on summary judgment, if not before, due to self defense.

Those paint fumes have killed too many brain cells, to the point you cannot think logically.
Time will tell on the criminal part but the civil part, that will go to court.

This is the legal standard. This is from North Carolina but is the standard almost everywhere. Wow, who woulda thunk it! You're wrong again!

"In protecting a family member or another person, you can only use deadly force (i.e., your handgun) if, under the circumstances, the family member or other person would be legally justified in using deadly force to protect himself or herself, i.e., to save the person from imminent threat of death, great bodily harm or sexual assault."

http://www.martincountyncgov.com/_fileUploads/forms/Concealed Handgun Permits and the Use of Deadly Force QA.pdf
Since the shooter wasn't under an imminent threat, and neither was anyone else, charges are still pending.

http://www.martincountyncgov.com/_fileUploads/forms/Concealed Handgun Permits and the Use of Deadly Force QA.pdf
Since the shooter wasn't under an imminent threat, and neither was anyone else, charges are still pending.
You don't listen well, jizz breath.

The robbery was completed but the shooter tried to get the guy to surrender and they fought it out. He lived, such is life.

"The armed customer was reportedly sitting in his car as the robbery took place, saw what was happening, walked across the parking lot and took cover behind another parked vehicle. When Davis came out of the restaurant into the vestibule area, the customer drew his gun and told him to drop his weapon.

Davis refused to yield so the two exchanged gunfire after which Davis was hit in the lower abdomen and one of the windows were shot out."

Have to agree with you on that one. People can't do that and play cop.

Forum List

Back