China to be exempt from Bidens 15% world tax

t
This is how the alternate universe "news" operates: It begins with some facts, and then twists them into pretzels. Biden didn't exempt China, China is expected to apply for exemption, and it's gonna cause a shit storm:

But the rubes in the alternate universe just run with whatever they're told in their world. Arrogant ignorance. What a sad situation.
And, you're okay with this "World Tax" bit of authoritarian horseshit?
I doubt it, but I haven't seen the details.

Details are helpful for some of us.
Yes. They are.

But, as a matter of principle, you don't support the U.S. paying a 15% "world tax" to.....anyone, right?
To another country? No.
To some arbitrarily-established entity that the U.S. has no control over?
I doubt it.
To....anyone or anything? Is there a scenario where you would be fine with the U.S. paying a tax to?
It would have to be a new idea, so I don't know. I'm wide open to new ideas, especially as our global economy becomes more and more complex.

I also know that some new ideas are great, others are dog shit. My bias going into this would be against it.

So, I'll be patient, I won't make assumptions based on ignorance, and I'll check it out when there is a detailed plan.

Which is how I approach most things.
When the “new idea” is a 15% world tax that exempts china you should not need a hundred words and even then say nothing

Exempting any country on the planet makes it an automatic no go

the rubes in the alternate universe just run with whatever they're told in their world. Arrogant ignorance. What a sad situation.
And if biden agrees go exempt china could you stop tap dancing and just tell is you are against it?

This is how the alternate universe "news" operates: It begins with some facts, and then twists them into pretzels. Biden didn't exempt China, China is expected to apply for exemption, and it's gonna cause a shit storm:

But the rubes in the alternate universe just run with whatever they're told in their world. Arrogant ignorance. What a sad situation.
A shit-storm you say?
Joe can barely walk to the fucking podium and thinks the weather is the biggest threat. He's said his top military priority was flight suits for pregnant "birthing people".

the rubes in the alternate universe just run with whatever they're told in their world. Arrogant ignorance. What a sad situation.
And if biden agrees go exempt china could you stop tap dancing and just tell is you are against it?
I'll just be honest, regardless of the politics.

Aside from being ignorant on my politics, you don't realize I'm not like you.

You are boring.

A shit-storm you say?
Joe can barely walk to the fucking podium and thinks the weather is the biggest threat. He's said his top military priority was flight suits for pregnant "birthing people".
Okay, Trumpster.

A shit-storm you say?
Okay, Trumpster.
Proud to be.....

The World Tax is bullshittery!!!
It very well could be. Many countries have higher, but like us have exemptions, tax credits, deductions, etc. I am pretty sure many corporations in many countries are just like here and end up with a 0 tax burden when all is said and done. I have no idea how it would actually work, in practice. The fact that Biden, Boris, and other G7 support it, really doesn't tell me much either. Some in western sections of China have a starting rate at 25%, Vietnam has 20%, making it sound like a tax cut there, also. The Chinese negotiating to avoid it in other parts China is not surprising. The whole thing could definitely be, as you said, Bullshittery.
We are prepping China to be the new King of zee world. Its going to be so much fun here when that is achieved. That tax is to give the global elites more tentacles and reach into production around the world. I believe resources will be used for poorer nations. We have seen what endless resources have done for most nations. Not to good. And the trickle down to the peasant non existent in some. We get poorer out of this.

Yes. They are.

But, as a matter of principle, you don't support the U.S. paying a 15% "world tax" to.....anyone, right?
Bootney, it’s NOT a “world tax”, the proposal on the table is for a global MINIMUM CORPORATE INCOME TAX, that is a floor that all participating countries agree to in order to stop the race to bottom, whereby International Corporations move production offshore to take advantage of differential tax rates.

Right now, we’re seeing expatriation of profits and production moving offshore because of it, in the meantime we here in the U.S. get stuck paying the bills for OTHER COUNTRIES (yes Ireland I’m looking at YOU) because we’re in effect subsidizing their corporate taxes all we get out of the deal are jobs moving overseas. It’s for all intents and purposes artificially manipulating trade via the tax code.

IMHO the idea has merit and is worth exploring, however it’s a VERY tall mountain to climb because if you get one or more major economies that don’t go along the whole notion won’t work and then there’s the whole problem of enforcement, even if you get all the major economies to go along with it.

Personally I don’t trust politicians to do the right thing, however that doesn’t make the concept a bad one.

Yes. They are.

Bootney, it’s NOT a “world tax”, the proposal on the table is for a global MINIMUM CORPORATE INCOME TAX, that is a floor that all participating countries agree to in order to stop the race to bottom, whereby International Corporations move production offshore to take advantage of differential tax rates.

Right now, we’re seeing expatriation of profits and production moving offshore because of it, in the meantime we here in the U.S. get stuck paying the bills for OTHER COUNTRIES (yes Ireland I’m looking at YOU) because we’re in effect subsidizing their corporate taxes all we get out of the deal are jobs moving overseas. It’s for all intents and purposes artificially manipulating trade via the tax code.

IMHO the idea has merit and is worth exploring, however it’s a VERY tall mountain to climb because if you get one or more major economies that don’t go along the whole notion won’t work and then there’s the whole problem of enforcement, even if you get all the major economies to go along with it.

Personally I don’t trust politicians to do the right thing, however that doesn’t make the concept a bad one.

It's a wolf in sheep's clothing. It's ultimately a globalist power grab!

You've said so in so many words.

t

Yes. They are.

To another country? No.
To some arbitrarily-established entity that the U.S. has no control over?
I doubt it.
To....anyone or anything? Is there a scenario where you would be fine with the U.S. paying a tax to?
It would have to be a new idea, so I don't know. I'm wide open to new ideas, especially as our global economy becomes more and more complex.

I also know that some new ideas are great, others are dog shit. My bias going into this would be against it.

So, I'll be patient, I won't make assumptions based on ignorance, and I'll check it out when there is a detailed plan.

Which is how I approach most things.
Wow. No assumptions based on ignorance. If you can keep it up your one step closer to denouncing leftism and embracing conservatism.

Yes. They are.

I need the "informative" emot. So, consider this the "informative" emot for your post:

:26:

Yes. They are.

I need the "informative" emot. So, consider this the "informative" emot for your post:

:26:
No worries, the media and our politicians make EVERYTHING as confusing to the public as possible. This isn't a new idea though, it's just that Biden appears to be at least making some moves to see it come to fruition, probably won't work but props to him for giving it a whirl. :)

Yes. They are.

We live in a global economy, that's reality, do you really want to subsidize other countries that in effect cheat by allowing multi-national corporations to leverage differential tax rates? It kind of screws over American Businesses that operate solely on U.S. soil, don't you think? It's also taking money right out your pocket to subsidize the tax rates of other countries, that alright with you?

There's no power grab here, there's the U.S. trying to set a floor by which all of our trading partners agree to a more level playing field for International Trade.

I would think that all the Trump supporters would be right on board with this because this is EXACTLY the kind of unfair trade practice that Trump has been harping on since the 1980's.

Yes. They are.

We live in a global economy, that's reality, do you really want to subsidize other countries that in effect cheat by allowing multi-national corporations to leverage differential tax rates? It kind of screws over American Businesses that operate solely on U.S. soil, don't you think? It's also taking money right out your pocket to subsidize the tax rates of other countries, that alright with you?

There's no power grab here, there's the U.S. trying to set a floor by which all of our trading partners agree to a more level playing field for International Trade.

I would think that all the Trump supporters would be right on board with this because this is EXACTLY the kind of unfair trade practice that Trump has been harping on since the 1980's.

The obvious outcome is a global taxing entity that will be even more corrupt than the United Nations.

We are frogs in a boiling pot. The left are celebrating and we cannot do anything about it

It isn't who votes but who counts the votes. Stalin quote.

2020 ELECTION proves that statement correct.

Beg Christ for mercy. He is the only hope anyway.

;I wonder if it has dawned on *biden that all countries don't belong to the g7

Well, Hunter will continue to get paid......

Yes. They are.

The obvious outcome is a global taxing entity that will be even more corrupt than the United Nations.
That’s not the proposal on the table, go back and read what I wrote AGAIN. The individual nations will remain their own taxing entities IF (BIG IF) this becomes a reality, they’ll just be restricted to a MINIMUM corporate tax rate, which if the proposed rate is adopted is actually LOWER than what the U.S. currently has.

Forum List

Back