Christian friends of gays and lesbians

Your turn: demonstrate where the Lord praises homosexual acts.

Waiting..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

:rolleyes: What are you trying to prove exactly...?

Matthew 12:31

31And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Matthew 12:31 - PassageLookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

LGBT activists insist there is nothing in the Bible about homosexuality.
When you give them chapter and verse, they say it doesn't really mean it.
LGBT activists say that homosexuality is not a sin. I am requesting that give the same information, they 'demand' from those of us the believe the Lord's word. If they have no authority to demonstrate that homosexual acts are not sinful, and the Bible clearly states that homosexual acts are sinful, they are deceiving people. {They are leading others away from the Lord, intentionally (the same way a druggie will try to get 'friends' to use, too)}.
Most people will agree that there is nothing 'evil' about following the Commandments. If participating in homosexual acts 'breaks' 3 of the ten Commandments, doesn't that make it sinful?

Waiting..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

31And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

LGBT activists say that homosexuality is not a sin. I am requesting that give the same information, they 'demand' from those of us the believe the Lord's word. If they have no authority to demonstrate that homosexual acts are not sinful, and the Bible clearly states that homosexual acts are sinful, they are deceiving people. {They are leading others away from the Lord, intentionally (the same way a druggie will try to get 'friends' to use, too)}.
Most people will agree that there is nothing 'evil' about following the Commandments. If participating in homosexual acts 'breaks' 3 of the ten Commandments, doesn't that make it sinful?

Not everybody believes in the concept of sin.

(That translates into bigots hating gays and Jesus so much they try to put words into Jesus' mouth because they know nothing of honesty)

Mark 7:21-23 (New International Version)
21For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.' "

Proverbs 3:32
for the LORD detests a perverse man but takes the upright into his confidence.

Proverbs 8:13
To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.

Proverbs 2:12
Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse,

Psalm 101:4
Men of perverse heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with evil.

I think those demonstrate the Lord's displeasure with homosexual acts.

Lol! There is nothing about homosexuality there dumbass. The gay relationship between Jonathon and David was praised. Want another example?

How about ONE example that isn't dependent on everyone projecting the same prurient worldview onto everything that you do?

Because Lot had not sold them for marriage yet.

Which, sad to say, probably means they were about 10 or 11.

Extrapolating modern assessments onto ancient texts absent contemporary norms is one of the most common mistakes. It was quite normal for girls to begin pro-creating soon after they were biologically able which explains why they raped Lot after Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed.

Hearing someone who projects modern, homoerotic interpretations onto Biblical passages railing about "extrapolating modern assessments onto ancient texts" just makes me giggle. Pot, meet kettle. :lol:

How do those who do believe in the concept of sin measure their own sins against others ?

(That translates into bigots hating gays and Jesus so much they try to put words into Jesus' mouth because they know nothing of honesty)

21For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.' "

To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.

Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse,

Men of perverse heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with evil.

Lol! There is nothing about homosexuality there dumbass. The gay relationship between Jonathon and David was praised. Want another example?

Where did it say they had a homosexual relationship? Please use the words in context and not pick apart 3 Chapters for specific words, and re-arrange them to suit you.
Saul gave David his armor (he took off his clothes) to battle Goliath.
David, after being dressed, returned the king's clothes (he took off his clothes), because he had not 'earned' them (also, possibly because they were too big for him to fight).
David slew Goliath and in doing so, made the Phil... servants to Israel, forever (Goliath's words).
David was welcomed as a hero by the king and his son (Jonathan), who gave him his cloak (he took off his clothes) to "honor" him as a hero.
time goes by
David is married to the king's daughter, he spends little time with her because he is helping Saul in battles (not really a loving relationship).
Johnathan confronts Saul about trying to kill David (apparently Saul is envious of the people's love for David).
Saul swears, using the Lord, that he wants no part of that.
David tells Johnathan not to believe "his" father and "his" king.
Johnathan discovers "his" father and "his" king deceived him.
Johnathan has sworn an oath to David to protect him and his family in return for David's protection of him and his (Johnathan's) family. David says that Johnathan's love is better than that of a woman (he is in a pretty cold marriage that is dissolved, when David loses favor with Saul), he is young and has not had any long-tem relationship with a woman.
He must break one alliance:
either to his father and his king: a crime punishable by death at that time,
or one the he swore an oath.
He broke the one to his father, and was emotionally crushed.
He told David, they wept and kissed (a middle-eastern custom that exists to this day).

Go ahead, write your examples, and yes, I would like to see your other Biblical examples praising homosexuality.

Listened to a guy on KFI today going on and on about how having sperm donations was a worse threat to morality and the family than any gay marriage. I loved it...nothing like bringing infertile families onto our side against those who would legislate their own version of morality onto the rest of us.

Listened to a guy on KFI today going on and on about how having sperm donations was a worse threat to morality and the family than any gay marriage. I loved it...nothing like bringing infertile families onto our side against those who would legislate their own version of morality onto the rest of us.
you listen to some fucked up radio people

why?

I cannot help but be amused that you chose the NIV version which just so happens to be the version which takes "Sodomy" out of the Bible, because it was anti-gay. It comes as no surprise that there were homosexuals on the translating board.

I cannot help but be amused that you chose the NIV version which just so happens to be the version which takes "Sodomy" out of the Bible, because it was anti-gay. It comes as no surprise that there were homosexuals on the translating board.

Rotfl! You think the NIV is a pro-gay translation????

Which, sad to say, probably means they were about 10 or 11.

Extrapolating modern assessments onto ancient texts absent contemporary norms is one of the most common mistakes. It was quite normal for girls to begin pro-creating soon after they were biologically able which explains why they raped Lot after Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed.

Hearing someone who projects modern, homoerotic interpretations onto Biblical passages railing about "extrapolating modern assessments onto ancient texts" just makes me giggle. Pot, meet kettle. :lol:

You giggle because that is what kids do.

Where did it say they had a homosexual relationship? Please use the words in context and not pick apart 3 Chapters for specific words, and re-arrange them to suit you.
David, after being dressed, returned the king's clothes (he took off his clothes), because he had not 'earned' them (also, possibly because they were too big for him to fight).
David slew Goliath and in doing so, made the Phil... servants to Israel, forever (Goliath's words).
David was welcomed as a hero by the king and his son (Jonathan), who gave him his cloak (he took off his clothes) to "honor" him as a hero.
time goes by
David is married to the king's daughter, he spends little time with her because he is helping Saul in battles (not really a loving relationship).
Johnathan confronts Saul about trying to kill David (apparently Saul is envious of the people's love for David).
Johnathan has sworn an oath to David to protect him and his family in return for David's protection of him and his (Johnathan's) family. David says that Johnathan's love is better than that of a woman (he is in a pretty cold marriage that is dissolved, when David loses favor with Saul), he is young and has not had any long-tem relationship with a woman.
He told David, they wept and kissed (a middle-eastern custom that exists to this day).

Go ahead, write your examples, and yes, I would like to see your other Biblical examples praising homosexuality.

The "middle-east" didn't exist until about the 8th century CE so how did "ME customs" exist so many hundreds of years prior? You give a typical dance and ignore the scripture to write your own. The dudes got naked, made a covenant with each other and kissed all alone in a field. You may also ignore Ruth and Naomi's relationship at your leisure.

Have you figured out yet why S+G had nothing to do with homosexuality?

Repeating statements does not answer the question. Why would virgins be a valueable commodity if they weren't going to be used for sex/childbearing?

Try not to go activist LGBT, and just answer the question.

Lol.....you toss in "childbearing" in hopes of what? He was offering his virgin daughters to be sold for a dowry in marriage. Normally the father would be entitled but he offered the sacrifice in place of the crowd of men and women beating the crap out of the visitors. Since we know from other sources like Ezekiel 16:49-50 what the sins of S+G were, why do bigots like you practice such deep dishonesty and try to claim it was about homosexuality?

I (that is me) said it was about sin. You said that homosexuality had nothing to do with it. I pointed out your error. Explain to me how men of Sodom coming to someone's door and demanding the "male" visitors for sexual purposes has nothing to do with "homosexuality".

Back to the commodity thing; virgins were wanted for:
childbearing
sexual purity (she was not pregnant with another's child)
alliances

If the husband did not "consumate" the marriage, it was over. The dowry was a big part, but the father did not offer a dowry to what he considered "losers", he offered the dowry to a man that he thought would provide for his daughter (and by extension, himself), and would be a good provider/protector (depending on the times).

So your statement about virgin daughters not being "used" for childbearing is ludicrous. That was the main purpose of marriage: to have children to build one family and at the same time, unite two other families.

No wonder you think five years is a monumental period for LGBTs to be married, you simply pretend history isn't as it is printed.

Do you think they used "ships" for land travel, too?

You really really seriously need to learn how to read. I never said virgins are not used for childbearing you dumbass. I also never said or implied five years is a "monumental period" for gays to be married. I have little patience for dumbfucks like you who cannot read. What I said is since gay marriage has existed for..........fuck it. I'm not re-writing what you ignored the first time.

I'm also sick of repeating the fact it was not only "men" that showed up at Lot's door. Read the text you dumbfuck. It says men and women, young and old, descended on Lot's home. That means everyone. This is such a waste of time with dishonest idiots like you.

Not everybody believes in the concept of sin.

Sin= evil, wrongdoing, injustice, corruption, deception, etc
They might call it different names, but it all leads to 'hurtining' society.

How do those who do believe in the concept of sin measure their own sins against others ?

My sins are 'as' grave or 'worse' than any you have committed. The Lord feels each sin, it does not matter the order. Each 'sin' is a sin.

I am not asking anyone, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN THE LORD, to declare that my 'sin' is not a sin (give me their blessing to continue sinning).

That is the problem Christians have with LGBT activists: they have no authority to forgive sins, they have no authority to declare something different from the Lord, yet they do on a regular basis. They want the entire Christian population to "support" their sin (which would make those that did, equally, accountable to the Lord).

Rather than accept that they are "choosing" to sin, they work on silencing those that see their actions with clear eyes. They use the educational and judicial systems to 'corrupt' society without looking into the future to see the results.

Yes, with the new health care legislation, I, along with others will be paying the bill for fertilization clinics, the aborting of the 'extra children', and all the hospitalization required for that 'choice'. Way to "legislate their own version of morality " on the taxpayer.

time goes by

The "middle-east" didn't exist until about the 8th century CE so how did "ME customs" exist so many hundreds of years prior? You give a typical dance and ignore the scripture to write your own. The dudes got naked, made a covenant with each other and kissed all alone in a field. You may also ignore Ruth and Naomi's relationship at your leisure.

Where does it say they were naked, at the same time, in the same place? Where does it say they had homosexual sex? Where does the Lord praise homosexual acts?

In the instances where two people had sex, there is clear reference: he knew his wife, or he had relations with her, etc. You, again, are being deceitful. You make strong statements, I ask you to back it up, and you go totally limp?????
Where is your evidence? Your three phases are from three different chapters and are out of context. If the Lord was sooo pleased with Johnathan, why did he die a short while after his betrayal to the king? Doesn't the Lord promise his favorites to have descendents as numerous as the stars in the sky or the sand on the beach?

Third time: give the written examples (chapter and verse) of where the Lord praises homosexual acts.

Lol.....you toss in "childbearing" in hopes of what? He was offering his virgin daughters to be sold for a dowry in marriage. Normally the father would be entitled but he offered the sacrifice in place of the crowd of men and women beating the crap out of the visitors. Since we know from other sources like Ezekiel 16:49-50 what the sins of S+G were, why do bigots like you practice such deep dishonesty and try to claim it was about homosexuality?

I (that is me) said it was about sin. You said that homosexuality had nothing to do with it. I pointed out your error. Explain to me how men of Sodom coming to someone's door and demanding the "male" visitors for sexual purposes has nothing to do with "homosexuality".

Back to the commodity thing; virgins were wanted for:
childbearing
sexual purity (she was not pregnant with another's child)
alliances

If the husband did not "consumate" the marriage, it was over. The dowry was a big part, but the father did not offer a dowry to what he considered "losers", he offered the dowry to a man that he thought would provide for his daughter (and by extension, himself), and would be a good provider/protector (depending on the times).

So your statement about virgin daughters not being "used" for childbearing is ludicrous. That was the main purpose of marriage: to have children to build one family and at the same time, unite two other families.

No wonder you think five years is a monumental period for LGBTs to be married, you simply pretend history isn't as it is printed.

Do you think they used "ships" for land travel, too?

You really really seriously need to learn how to read. I never said virgins are not used for childbearing you dumbass. I also never said or implied five years is a "monumental period" for gays to be married. I have little patience for dumbfucks like you who cannot read. What I said is since gay marriage has existed for..........fuck it. I'm not re-writing what you ignored the first time.

I'm also sick of repeating the fact it was not only "men" that showed up at Lot's door. Read the text you dumbfuck. It says men and women, young and old, descended on Lot's home. That means everyone. This is such a waste of time with dishonest idiots like you.

No, you never said that. You implied that there was no value to the sex with virgins.
You did give 5 years as a great example of homosexual marriage not destroying society (after I asked you to provide one).
Every version I have read of Lot's story says "men". Can you provide me the version, chapter and verse of where it says "men and women"?
If it 'meant' everyone, why didn't the visitors just leave after blinding the 'whole town' (since they were at Lot's house)?

You are calling me dishonest, but offer no proof of dishonesty, just nasty names (I guess to show off that great intellect).

All I have asked you to do, is back up your statements.......

time goes by

Where does it say they were naked, at the same time, in the same place? Where does it say they had homosexual sex? Where does the Lord praise homosexual acts?

In the instances where two people had sex, there is clear reference: he knew his wife, or he had relations with her, etc. You, again, are being deceitful. You make strong statements, I ask you to back it up, and you go totally limp?????
Where is your evidence? Your three phases are from three different chapters and are out of context. If the Lord was sooo pleased with Johnathan, why did he die a short while after his betrayal to the king? Doesn't the Lord promise his favorites to have descendents as numerous as the stars in the sky or the sand on the beach?

Third time: give the written examples (chapter and verse) of where the Lord praises homosexual acts.

The issue of homosexuality is not nearly as cut and dry as you want people to believe. You accuse me of being "deceitful" while you try to claim homosexuality was a central issue in the destruction of S+G. As for John and David, you have to be kidding. You cannot seriously read the relevent texts and conclude they were simply good buddies. You tried to dismiss their kissing as a "middle eastern custom" until I pointed out the ME did not exist until several centuries after they made their own historic brokeback mountain.

Forum List

Back