Christian Theology.

Science is the study of nature so as to be able to discover the order within nature so as to be able to make predictions of nature.

God approves this message. God loves science. He created it!!!!
yep: Study using the Scientific Method. Nothing more. Nothing less....and fantastic!!!

Greg

Christian Theology -- Theism

Christian theology affirms theism, the belief in the existence of a supernatural God. Christian theism rests primarily on two solid foundations: special revelation (the Bible) and general revelation (the created order). While the Bible reveals the character and personality of God page after page, the “whole workmanship of the universe,” according to John Calvin, reveals and discloses God day after day. The Psalmist says, “The heavens declare the glory of God” (Psalm 19).

Christian Theology – Grounded in Jesus Christ

Christian theology points to what Christians believe—that a personal God has revealed Himself through a created world, and that He has a plan and ultimate destiny for that world. Christian theology is ultimately Christ-centered. The God who “so loved the world that He gave His only Son” has allowed for a personal relationship between Himself and fallen humanity.

Christian Theology

Humans rely on encounters to get to a truth, especially one happened historically. This is analogue to a car incident. The news is ultimately from eyewitness accounts gathered by a reporter as the author. However this is not good enough, a theory must be formed from an expert of mechanics in explaining how the car can possibly run into this car incident.

Similarly, the eyewitness accounts are ultimately from the disciples, they and those close to them authored the testimonies on Jesus' deeds and speeches. Out of the 4 gospels perhaps only John can bring his testimony to a theological level. This is natural as he is the one left with others martyred themselves to stand witness for what they have seen with their own eyes. Paul thus becomes the "export of mechanics" to provide a behind the scene explanation on Jesus' coming with the New Covenant to a theological level. This is also natural as Paul is the only apostle who is a Pharisee professed in Jewish laws and covenants. All left is for today's Christians to follow the same steps of the apostles to convey the truth of this New Covenant. In my opinion, that's what theology is in Christianity.
I have a problem with Paul. He never met Jesus. He should not be ranked as an apostle.
Paul met Jesus on the road to Damascus. The RISEN Lord spoke to him and Paul's ministry began.

Acts 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:​
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?​
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.​
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.​
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.​
8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.​

9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
You actually believe this?
Calvin was nuts. The notions that the bible is inerrant and infallible are crazy.

Science is the study of nature so as to be able to discover the order within nature so as to be able to make predictions of nature.

God approves this message. God loves science. He created it!!!!
Yes , Catholics and science go together.

I’d like to hear more about the essential doctrines of Christianity. Before I go to google.
I think communion is unnecessary. Jesus shared bread and wine with his disciples and did not make any indication that it should be tradition.

According to Paul, disciples were to take the bread and wine until the Lord comes (1 Cor 11:26). If the Lord came in that generation, as he said he would, then communion is no longer necessary. If he hasn't come, then Christians who say the Lord is with them are Christians who don't know what they're talking about.

Last edited:
I’d like to hear more about the essential doctrines of Christianity. Before I go to google.
I think communion is unnecessary. Jesus shared bread and wine with his disciples and did not make any indication that it should be tradition.

According to Paul, disciples were to take the bread and wine until the Lord comes (1 Cor 11:26). If the Lord came in that generation, as he said he would, then communion is no longer necessary. If he hasn't come, then Christians who say the Lord is with them are Christians who don't know what they're talking about.

I take bread and wine every Friday evening at Shabbat.

Jesus has nothing to do with it.

That doesn't sound like Christian doctrine. I was discussing Christian theology and answering your question about essential Christian doctrine.

That doesn't sound like Christian doctrine. I was discussing Christian theology and answering your question about essential Christian doctrine.

It came to me that the bread and wine predated Christianity.

Christian theology affirms theism, the belief in the existence of a supernatural God. Christian theism rests primarily on two solid foundations: special revelation (the Bible) and general revelation (the created order). While the Bible reveals the character and personality of God page after page, the “whole workmanship of the universe,” according to John Calvin, reveals and discloses God day after day. The Psalmist says, “The heavens declare the glory of God” (Psalm 19).

Christian theology points to what Christians believe—that a personal God has revealed Himself through a created world, and that He has a plan and ultimate destiny for that world. Christian theology is ultimately Christ-centered. The God who “so loved the world that He gave His only Son” has allowed for a personal relationship between Himself and fallen humanity.

Christian Theology

Humans rely on encounters to get to a truth, especially one happened historically. This is analogue to a car incident. The news is ultimately from eyewitness accounts gathered by a reporter as the author. However this is not good enough, a theory must be formed from an expert of mechanics in explaining how the car can possibly run into this car incident.

Similarly, the eyewitness accounts are ultimately from the disciples, they and those close to them authored the testimonies on Jesus' deeds and speeches. Out of the 4 gospels perhaps only John can bring his testimony to a theological level. This is natural as he is the one left with others martyred themselves to stand witness for what they have seen with their own eyes. Paul thus becomes the "export of mechanics" to provide a behind the scene explanation on Jesus' coming with the New Covenant to a theological level. This is also natural as Paul is the only apostle who is a Pharisee professed in Jewish laws and covenants. All left is for today's Christians to follow the same steps of the apostles to convey the truth of this New Covenant. In my opinion, that's what theology is in Christianity.
I have a problem with Paul. He never met Jesus. He should not be ranked as an apostle.
Paul met Jesus on the road to Damascus. The RISEN Lord spoke to him and Paul's ministry began.

Acts 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:​
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?​
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.​
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.​
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.​
8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.​

Calvin was nuts. The notions that the bible is inerrant and infallible are crazy.
I'm not sure what Calvin has to do with it, but yes I actually believe this. Paul refers to the encounter several times. Do you not believe Jesus rose from the dead?

Christian Theology

I'm not sure what Calvin has to do with it, but yes I actually believe this. Paul refers to the encounter several times. Do you not believe Jesus rose from the dead?

I don't believe paul. Of course he would defend his position. Yeah, I believe that Jesus rose from the dead, but I don't think that this has anything to do with paul. I think that a lot of the NT, as put together by the guys on the council, should be dumped. Frankly, most of what Jesus was about has been forgotten. Nobody quotes the Sermon on the Mount anymore.

This is a religion that must be cleaned and streamlined and the barnacles it has acquired over the course of 2,000 years removed so that only the words and actions of Jesus remain, for starters.

Christian Theology

I don't believe paul. Of course he would defend his position. Yeah, I believe that Jesus rose from the dead, but I don't think that this has anything to do with paul. I think that a lot of the NT, as put together by the guys on the council, should be dumped. Frankly, most of what Jesus was about has been forgotten. Nobody quotes the Sermon on the Mount anymore.

This is a religion that must be cleaned and streamlined and the barnacles it has acquired over the course of 2,000 years removed so that only the words and actions of Jesus remain, for starters.

Well, then you reject the Bible and want to create your own truth. A lot of people do that. If you reject Paul then you keep yourself under the law. Paul is the apostle to the gentiles. Perhaps you aren't a gentile?

Christian Theology

Well, then you reject the Bible and want to create your own truth. A lot of people do that. If you reject Paul then you keep yourself under the law. Paul is the apostle to the gentiles. Perhaps you aren't a gentile?

Every single one of us creates their own truth. The clergy of various faiths do at, as do people who are not clergy. There are lots of writings about Jesus and others dating from after Jesus left the planet that weren't selected for the canon. Plus, there is the problem of integrating it with the thoughts of other people from other cultures.

My background is entirely irrelevant.

Christian Theology

Every single one of us creates their own truth. The clergy of various faiths do at, as do people who are not clergy. There are lots of writings about Jesus and others dating from after Jesus left the planet that weren't selected for the canon. Plus, there is the problem of integrating it with the thoughts of other people from other cultures.

My background is entirely irrelevant.
Creating one's own truth is simply using one's imagination. That doesn't make it truth. Truth is what IS, not what a particular person thinks it is. This is why God, in His infinite wisdom, has given us the Bible and preserved it down through the ages. He is certainly invested in having all men hear the words He has spoken through the Holy Spirit unto holy men of God, and tasked them with writing it down. He is certainly more than ABLE to see it is so.

Christian Theology

Here is anything you shall know about the Christian Theology

holy-trinity.jpg

Christian Theology

holy-trinity.jpg

Christian Theology

holy-trinity.jpg

Pretty pictures?

Forum List

Back