Cigarette Tax’s Unintended Consequences That EVERYBODY Saw Coming – Except Libs

Smoking and its health effects weigh heavily on the cost of healthcare. As does second hand second hand smoke.
I would bet that every single one of the posters who are whining about cigarette taxes and liberals sticking their noses in their business,are the same people who are whining about the cost of healthcare insurance. Hey geniuses, you can't have it both ways.
I didn't realize we had so many high school drop outs on this board.
As well, most of the people complaining about it are smokers. I used to smoke, but wanted to quit. When the price of cigarettes increased so much, that helped because I didn't want to pay that much for them. I think the high price of cigarettes is a great thing. It helps a lot of people to stop smoking.

I still smoke and I say it sucks!! Much worse here than in the US. Now I am glad that it assisted you but why slug me because you were price sensitive??

Greg
Because your smoking will result in smoking related illnesses that the health care system has to pay for, making health care more expensive for everyone.
If he has health insurance which he is now required by law to have then he is paying higher premiums because he smokes

As do all smokers

So your point is moot
Those higher rates do not cover all the extra costs for smoke related illness and for second hand smoke related illness.

Smoking and its health effects weigh heavily on the cost of healthcare. As does second hand second hand smoke.
I would bet that every single one of the posters who are whining about cigarette taxes and liberals sticking their noses in their business,are the same people who are whining about the cost of healthcare insurance. Hey geniuses, you can't have it both ways.
As well, most of the people complaining about it are smokers. I used to smoke, but wanted to quit. When the price of cigarettes increased so much, that helped because I didn't want to pay that much for them. I think the high price of cigarettes is a great thing. It helps a lot of people to stop smoking.

I still smoke and I say it sucks!! Much worse here than in the US. Now I am glad that it assisted you but why slug me because you were price sensitive??

Greg
Because your smoking will result in smoking related illnesses that the health care system has to pay for, making health care more expensive for everyone.

Okay, so you quit smoking and live much longer. Now society has to take care of your elderly medical needs through Medicare (which is going broke) and support you with Social Security money (which is also going broke) so how do you figure there are any savings to the public?

My father jests all the time that his first surgery after he retired cost more than he contributed to Medicare his entire working life. Afterwards he had several more surgeries. You cradle-to-gravers should be happy smokers are dying off much earlier than they would otherwise live.

Sure. I don't care bout the abortion issue since I have no skin in the game. Raise the tax on abortions too I could care less. Doent affect me. I don't smoke or need an abortion.

Maybe not, but what happens when liberals decide to tax something you are involved with in order to control you?

When they came for the Jewish, I sat quietly because I am not a Jew..................

Went from taxing cigs to taxing abortions to Nazi Germnany.

Ray you be a fuckin idiot.

Look at it this way Ray. When the Democrats start taxing common sense.......you wont pay a dime.

Sure. I don't care bout the abortion issue since I have no skin in the game. Raise the tax on abortions too I could care less. Doent affect me. I don't smoke or need an abortion.

Maybe not, but what happens when liberals decide to tax something you are involved with in order to control you?

When they came for the Jewish, I sat quietly because I am not a Jew..................

Look at it this way Ray. When the Democrats start taxing common sense.......you wont pay a dime.

Typical lib. You know you've won the debate when your kind resorts to personal insults. But then again, that's all liberals ever had.

Typical lib. You know you've won the debate when your kind resorts to personal insults. But then again, that's all liberals ever had.
It was a good insult

Even you would have to admit

First off Ray, this is not a debate. Of course your kind like to pretend this is a debate formant, but it is not.

In a true debate you cant just make shit up, act like what you made up is fact and then declare yourself a debate winner when someone points out that what you said was stupid and a lie.

And that is what you and your kind like to do. Make shit up, get called on it then ride away declaring yourself a winner.

Like going from taxing cigs more, to you wanting to tax abortions 400 dollars and if that wasnt enough, you imply that those cig taxes will lead us to Nazi Germany.

Stupid thought process there Ray.
And you want someone to "debate" that kind of non sense|? LMAO. WHY?

It was a good insult

No, I don't admit that anybody gives a good insult. Insults are for children, not adults in my opinion. The only exception is if somebody returns an insult which I will do from time to time, but I never draw first blood. I talk to people here the same way I would talk to them in person at a bar or restaurant.

We haven't had the draft in years. But we do have 18 year olds joining our military. Yes, they might go to war, get injured, or suffer the mental anguish of killing other people, but when they get home, they can't have a drink or a cigarette at a bar.

What a country.....

true in most places they can not book a hotel room

Greg
If he has health insurance which he is now required by law to have then he is paying higher premiums because he smokes

As do all smokers

So your point is moot

And lest we forget, whose idea was it to get the taxpayer via government all up in everyone's healthcare in the first place? "We took over healthcare, and now you will live your life the way we tell you to!" is not an argument that impresses me.

seems a little arbitrary dont it

Nope. In military service, the tendency of 18-year-old men to be reckless is a desirable trait. In the rest of life, not so much.

sure thing my point if they can go to war

they can drink

or buy a pistola for that matter

Nope. In military service, the tendency of 18-year-old men to be reckless is a desirable trait. In the rest of life, not so much.

they can drink

My point, the very character traits that are useful for sending them to war are not really desirable in other activities.

which is odd since one can get drafted at 18

Yup...can't drink till 21 either

they can drink

My point, the very character traits that are useful for sending them to war are not really desirable in other activities.

indeed but either you are and adult or not

perhaps their reckless trait is not "desirable" in regards to voting

of driving a vehicle

Yup...can't drink till 21 either

they can drink

indeed but either you are and adult or not

perhaps their reckless trait is not "desirable" in regards to voting

of driving a vehicle

I don't think "adult" is really an either/or proposition. Seems to me it's something you grow into gradually. Some, of course, never do.

I frankly never thought 18-year-olds WERE sensible enough to vote. I'd say auto insurance rates for 18-year-old men indicate they DEFINITELY aren't sensible enough to drive.

First off Ray, this is not a debate. Of course your kind like to pretend this is a debate formant, but it is not.

In a true debate you cant just make shit up, act like what you made up is fact and then declare yourself a debate winner when someone points out that what you said was stupid and a lie.

And that is what you and your kind like to do. Make shit up, get called on it then ride away declaring yourself a winner.

Like going from taxing cigs more, to you wanting to tax abortions 400 dollars and if that wasnt enough, you imply that those cig taxes will lead us to Nazi Germany.

Stupid thought process there Ray.
And you want someone to "debate" that kind of non sense|? LMAO. WHY?
I a true debate you can indeed say anything you like. It is then up to the opposition to call a "Point of Information". You are kidding yourself if you think taxing "sin" is anything to do with health.

Greg

It was a good insult

It's also a very OLD insult. I must have heard it first in the 60s. I think it was a chap called Jackie Gleeson.

Greg

Forum List

Back