Citizen's home is raided because of a Facebook posting

Yep

but "The Department of Youth and Family Services didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment from The News Wednesday." don't look good
They may have shown up - and they may have been there with police.

My question is about what prompted them to go there, if they did. We only have the father, who honestly seems like a nut job, saying that it's because of a facebook photo.

Well, yes. Look how he dressed the kid. Those shoes......OMIGOD!

Aren't you supposed to be at work? You don't have all day to just sit aroundya know.

My question is about what prompted them to go there, if they did. We only have the father, who honestly seems like a nut job, saying that it's because of a facebook photo.

Well, yes. Look how he dressed the kid. Those shoes......OMIGOD!

Aren't you supposed to be at work? You don't have all day to just sit aroundya know.

Let me check with my boss.......................

She says it's ok. :D

Its on the fucking news right now. Get off your fat lazy ass and seek further info yourself

I'm working.....and not near a tv. Sorry I can't just sit back and watch tv all day.

Sure you can. I just left McDonald's at lunch time and they had two tvs on with news. One on Fox and one on CNN. It's where I saw the story. All you needed to do was look up from behind the fryer

Post of the WEEK!

Still only this guy's version of what happened, isn't it?

Yep

but "The Department of Youth and Family Services didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment from The News Wednesday." don't look good

If you read the stories, Family Services apparently went in response to a hot line tip that they are required to follow up on. It was their option to request police to accompany them.
This incident should have ended at the front door with the father answering a couple questions.
Any request to open his gun safe to view and check weapons registrations without a warrant is bullshit. In this case, the family is probably better off that there WERE 4 law enforcement officers on site. Without them as witnesses, the woman from Family Services could have said about anything and gotten search warrants and maybe even a court order to remove the children.

2nd thread on this...with no documentation to prove it happened at all....no names of police or social worker....

Still waiting for some kind of evidence besides this guy's say so.

Like what? If a similar story about police raiding a home because someone posted a picture of a marijuana plant was posted would you demand to know the names of the officers before you would believe the story?

Family?s Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child?s Rifle | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Yep

Seems like a nut job? Funny you should think someone who knows and exercises his constitutional rights seems like a nut job. You sound like an asshole, to me.

Yep

Can neither confirm nor deny is a standard response to keep them out of hot water with their lawyers.

Yep

Can neither confirm nor deny is a standard response to keep them out of hot water with their lawyers.

Yep, but bodecea expected them to violate privacy laws so SHE could have proof. ..

2nd thread on this...with no documentation to prove it happened at all....no names of police or social worker....

Still waiting for some kind of evidence besides this guy's say so.

Like what? If a similar story about police raiding a home because someone posted a picture of a marijuana plant was posted would you demand to know the names of the officers before you would believe the story?

Family?s Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child?s Rifle | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Yes....I would. There has to be something there beside one side of the story.

Not quite:

Definition of RAID

a : a hostile or predatory incursion
b : a surprise attack by a small force
a : a brief foray outside one's usual sphere
b : a sudden invasion by officers of the law
c : a daring operation against a competitor
d : the recruiting of personnel (as faculty, executives, or athletes) from competing organizations
: the act of mulcting public money
: an attempt by professional operators to depress stock prices by concerted selling

Raid - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I don't see the police showing up without an invitation as a hostile or predatory incursion, an attack or sudden invasion.

The police showed up, they asked if they could see the weapons, they were told to fuck off and they left. Doesn't sound like a raid to me.

Seems like a nut job? Funny you should think someone who knows and exercises his constitutional rights seems like a nut job. You sound like an asshole, to me.

that's not why i think he's a nutjob. i think he's a nutjob because he posts on a concealed carry forum, i think he's a nutjob because he dresses his kid up in bdu's and takes pictures of him holding a rifle, and i think he's a nutjob because he's jumping to a lot of nutjob conclusions.

his constitutional rights have nothing to do with why i think he's a nutjob.

as for me being an asshole - i suppose that's accurate.

that's not why i think he's a nutjob. i think he's a nutjob because he posts on a concealed carry forum, i think he's a nutjob because he dresses his kid up in bdu's and takes pictures of him holding a rifle, and i think he's a nutjob because he's jumping to a lot of nutjob conclusions.

his constitutional rights have nothing to do with why i think he's a nutjob.

as for me being an asshole - i suppose that's accurate.

You are within your rights to be an asshole.

Forum List

Back