Citizen's home is raided because of a Facebook posting

2nd thread on this...with no documentation to prove it happened at all....no names of police or social worker....

Still waiting for some kind of evidence besides this guy's say so.

Like what? If a similar story about police raiding a home because someone posted a picture of a marijuana plant was posted would you demand to know the names of the officers before you would believe the story?

Family?s Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child?s Rifle | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Yes....I would. There has to be something there beside one side of the story.

Have the police denied it? One would think that, if it was a complete lie, the police would speak up.

2nd thread on this...with no documentation to prove it happened at all....no names of police or social worker....

Still waiting for some kind of evidence besides this guy's say so.

Like what? If a similar story about police raiding a home because someone posted a picture of a marijuana plant was posted would you demand to know the names of the officers before you would believe the story?

Family?s Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child?s Rifle | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Bull. Almost all stories break because of information from "one" side. And as far as paranoia goes it seems you are the one wearing tinfoil with your pics or it didnt happen childish responses.

The DFS agency clearly stated that they are bound to investigate claims of child neglect etc. Then they went on to say its none of your business what exactly they did in this case.
The fathers lawyer confirmed he spoke with police and informed them to leave.

What the fuck else do you want? A notorized affidavit addressed directly to you?

Idiot

Bull. Almost all stories break because of information from "one" side. And as far as paranoia goes it seems you are the one wearing tinfoil with your pics or it didnt happen childish responses.

The DFS agency clearly stated that they are bound to investigate claims of child neglect etc. Then they went on to say its none of your business what exactly they did in this case.

What the fuck else do you want? A notorized affidavit addressed directly to you?

Idiot

We have a BLOG...we have one guy who says this happened...for the reasons he says they happened......and that's all we've got........and I'm the "idiot"?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So it was in fact not 'raided'..:clap2:

The cops showed up without an invitation, that counts as a raid.

Not quite:

Definition of RAID

a : a hostile or predatory incursion
b : a surprise attack by a small force
a : a brief foray outside one's usual sphere
b : a sudden invasion by officers of the law
c : a daring operation against a competitor
d : the recruiting of personnel (as faculty, executives, or athletes) from competing organizations
: the act of mulcting public money
: an attempt by professional operators to depress stock prices by concerted selling

Raid - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I don't see the police showing up without an invitation as a hostile or predatory incursion, an attack or sudden invasion.

The police showed up, they asked if they could see the weapons, they were told to fuck off and they left. Doesn't sound like a raid to me.

The police show up, carrying weapons, and you don't see that as hostile? Do you have any idea of the legacy of liberals you just threw under the bus?

Not quite:

Definition of RAID

d : the recruiting of personnel (as faculty, executives, or athletes) from competing organizations
: an attempt by professional operators to depress stock prices by concerted selling

I don't see the police showing up without an invitation as a hostile or predatory incursion, an attack or sudden invasion.

The police showed up, they asked if they could see the weapons, they were told to fuck off and they left. Doesn't sound like a raid to me.

The police show up, carrying weapons, and you don't see that as hostile? Do you have any idea of the legacy of liberals you just threw under the bus?

The police admit to doing that? (and don't police officers always carry weapons?)

Idiot

We have a BLOG...we have one guy who says this happened...for the reasons he says they happened......and that's all we've got........and I'm the "idiot"?

We also have multiple news services who saw the blog, investigated, and reported the same story. One would think that, since most reporters would love to paint this exactly the same way you are, one of them would have delighted in coming up with a police source that flat out denied that it happened.

Really? Did they go inside? Did they take stuff?

Some people are getting pretty paranoid around here.

Did they cross the property line without permission? Did they try to bullshit their way through the door and intimidate the legal owners of the property?

Did they? Who's collaborating testimony do we have of this?

It was a raid.

Really? And what was seized?

assuming they showed up at all -

would you like an unarmed social worker going in to a potentially hostile situation with someone known to have firearms?

the police go to protect the social worker. I'm glad they do.

Idiot

We also have multiple news services who saw the blog, investigated, and reported the same story. One would think that, since most reporters would love to paint this exactly the same way you are, one of them would have delighted in coming up with a police source that flat out denied that it happened.

The same story....with no police agency name, no number of cops, no name of any social agent/agency....just one guy's word repeated from blog...to newstory...to here.

Pardon me if I remain unconvinced at this moment.

would you like an unarmed social worker going in to a potentially hostile situation with someone known to have firearms?

Can you believe the gall of police officers.....to have weapons!!!??????

Please, someone, post something that would lead a person of average intelligence to think the visit to this dude's house is the result of that photograph.

Idiot

We have multiple stories all saying about the same thing. Links have been posted such as one I posted from CBS TV in Philly. If you want to discount or suspect a blog report, fine, but I'm sure you didn't miss 3 or 4 other confirming links from sources you would surely find credible if they supported your narrative. Seems pretty hypocritical of you, Pete.

We have multiple stories all saying about the same thing. Links have been posted such as one I posted from CBS TV in Philly. If you want to discount or suspect a blog report, fine, but I'm sure you didn't miss 3 or 4 other confirming links from sources you would surely find credible if they supported your narrative. Seems pretty hypocritical of you, Pete.

yes, multiple links - but all reporting what the one man has said. just his side, just his claims.

more than one person repeating a falsehood doesn't make it more true.

again, i'm not even doubting all of his story, i'm just guessing there's far more (or less) than what he's making it out to be.

Not quite:

Definition of RAID

ALL police carry weapons. So what? Are you going to say routine traffic stops and noise complaints are hostile and count as raids too? :cuckoo:

Really? Did they go inside? Did they take stuff?

Some people are getting pretty paranoid around here.

Did they cross the property line without permission? Did they try to bullshit their way through the door and intimidate the legal owners of the property?

Did they? Who's collaborating testimony do we have of this?

It was a raid.
Really? And what was seized?

Are you trying to show me that it is not a raid unless they take something? Does that mean that if the police show up in the middle of the night, serve a no knock warrant, search for someone who lives at a different house because they got the address wrong, it isn't a raid? I hope you aren't that partisan.

I would like no one to show up at all. Anytime the government knocks on your door it is a use of force.

The same story....with no police agency name, no number of cops, no name of any social agent/agency....just one guy's word repeated from blog...to newstory...to here.

Pardon me if I remain unconvinced at this moment.

And no denials from anyone.

Let me repeat that, No denials.

From anyone.

Forum List

Back