Citizen's home is raided because of a Facebook posting

We live in a country with 300 million people and thousands of municipalities. There will be cases of government overreach and cases of government neglect. The idea that every isolated case of either is a sign of the apocalypse is something that should be reserved for the least among us.

Maybe I overestimate those who frequent this forum.

Let me see if I understand your position.

Government overreach is excusable because, umm, well, its the government, and they are doing their job. The fact that people die a s a direct result of this overreach is also excusable, but we have to do something about the fact that fewer people die as a result of the fact that there are legal guns out there in the hands of responsible owners.

Does that sum it up?

No.

You are unable to justify your false outrage. I understand.

Well on a follow up by Fox News this is what Child Services said. So how do we get a confirmation?

And this is from the Examiner. Not a blog. So screw off if you don't like the source. Take a freaking enema.

According to Fox News, a spokesperson for the Department of Children and Families said, due to government regulations, they could not confirm or deny if the raid on the Moore home had actually taken place.

"The department has a child abuse hotline for the state of New Jersey and anybody can make a call to that hotline," said spokesperson Kristen Brown. "We are required to follow up on every single allegation that comes into the central registry."

NRA instructor's home raided over Facebook photo - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Sounds sensationalized, they are required to check things out. I would be upset as well if it were me; I would even call it a raid...

I understand that Child Services have to respond to every complaint.

But, and from everything I have been reading about this, and I heard the key parts of the interview from Fox on Mike Gallagher's show this morning the police over reached when they asked him to check the registration of his guns after demanding he open his gun safe.

The man's no bozo and he kept his lawyer on the phone while this was going down.

Did they cross the property line without permission?
Sounds like they knocked on the door and wife let them in.
Nope. Doesn't sound like it.

It was a raid.
Sorry. No raid here.

Sounds like they had no business being there without a warrant, that just makes it worse.

It does sound pretty stupid to show up without a warrant BUT I'm guessing they didn't have enough probable cause in order to get a warrant and they were just going to the house to question the parents. Ironically, if they did have a warrant, then they could have raided the house.

Well on a follow up by Fox News this is what Child Services said. So how do we get a confirmation?

And this is from the Examiner. Not a blog. So screw off if you don't like the source. Take a freaking enema.

According to Fox News, a spokesperson for the Department of Children and Families said, due to government regulations, they could not confirm or deny if the raid on the Moore home had actually taken place.

"The department has a child abuse hotline for the state of New Jersey and anybody can make a call to that hotline," said spokesperson Kristen Brown. "We are required to follow up on every single allegation that comes into the central registry."

NRA instructor's home raided over Facebook photo - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Sounds sensationalized, they are required to check things out. I would be upset as well if it were me; I would even call it a raid...

But, and from everything I have been reading about this, and I heard the key parts of the interview from Fox on Mike Gallagher's show this morning the police over reached when they asked him to check the registration of his guns after demanding he open his gun safe.

The man's no bozo and he kept his lawyer on the phone while this was going down.

how is that an overreach?

last time i was stopped for speeding the police asked to search my car. i told them no, because clearly i was in a hurry.

asking wasn't overreaching.

all of this presumes though that it happened even remotely close to how the man claims.

Sounds like they knocked on the door and wife let them in.
Nope. Doesn't sound like it.

Sorry. No raid here.

Sounds like they had no business being there without a warrant, that just makes it worse.

It does sound pretty stupid to show up without a warrant BUT I'm guessing they didn't have enough probable cause in order to get a warrant and they were just going to the house to question the parents. Ironically, if they did have a warrant, then they could have raided the house.

If they don't have enough probable cause to get a warrant, they don't have enough to question the parents. Ironically, by not having a warrant, they made it worse.

how is that an overreach?

last time i was stopped for speeding the police asked to search my car. i told them no, because clearly i was in a hurry.

asking wasn't overreaching.

all of this presumes though that it happened even remotely close to how the man claims.

Asking is overreaching, the courts just let them get away with it.

By the way, if you ever let them search your car you are stupid, and will deserve whatever happens to you as a result. There is not a lawyer who ever spent any time in a criminal court that would ever advise you to let them search their vehicle.

Last edited:

If they don't have enough probable cause to get a warrant, they don't have enough to question the parents. Ironically, by not having a warrant, they made it worse.
Now you're not thinking. By questioning the parents, they gather evidence to get probable cause for a warrant. Police can question suspects at any time. It's up to the parents to decide how far they wish to cooperate with the police at the time of questioning if they wish to cooperate with them at all. They can confer with a lawyer at any time. The parents actually did the right thing....... but it wasn't any raid!!

The police "over reached" perhaps, but that is not tantamount to a raid. The police asked for access when they did not have the right to, the man refused and the police left. The man is an attention whore and a cry baby.

Now you're not thinking. By questioning the parents, they gather evidence to get probable cause for a warrant. Police can question suspects at any time. It's up to the parents to decide how far they wish to cooperate with the police at the time of questioning if they wish to cooperate with them at all. They can confer with a lawyer at any time. The parents actually did the right thing....... but it wasn't any raid!!

Actually, they can't, because suspects, and potential suspects, have a right to remain silent, which means the police absolutely cannot question them at any time.

By the way, if this was just a routine follow up on a complaint by CPS, why the fuck didn't they show up in during office hours instead of showing up in the middle of the night with guns?

The police "over reached" perhaps, but that is not tantamount to a raid. The police asked for access when they did not have the right to, the man refused and the police left. The man is an attention whore and a cry baby.

They threatened to come back with a warrant, that is hardly what I would call leaving when they were refused permission to enter.

They threatened to come back with a warrant, that is hardly what I would call leaving when they were refused permission to enter.

according to the gentlemen making a spectacle out of everything - who offers no evidence but his word that they said any such thing.

To be honest I wouldn't call it a raid unless they barged in. But thats just semantics. I've had them flood my house for loud music as you all know so I can relate somewhat. But this family did NOTHING to call for this over the top action. If the father is being honest that is. And at this point I have no reason to doubt him.

Police can question suspects anytime....

What the fuck are these parents suspects of?

Fucking idiot

Disagree. I think bringing this to light is the right thing to do. He had his lawyer on the phone to back him up when this was going down. Most of us don't have a lawyer on retainer we can just call in an instance and many people, even if they are semi-familiar with their rights involving the police, are afraid to stand up to them and exercise them. A lot of people would have let them enter.

This is a stark reminder of how the police state in this country is slowly getting out of control and we have a duty to keep it in check.

Did they come back with one?

Actually, they can't, because suspects, and potential suspects, have a right to remain silent, which means the police absolutely cannot question them at any time.

By the way, if this was just a routine follow up on a complaint by CPS, why the fuck didn't they show up in during office hours instead of showing up in the middle of the night with guns?

ooo... with guns... sounds so dramatic.

Since when is a right-winger afraid of guns?

Police can question suspects anytime....

What the fuck are these parents suspects of?

Fucking idiot
LOL

You tell me dumbfuck, you posted the OP.

I'm debating whether it was a raid.

Forum List

Back