Citizens,Sheriff,stand guard to keep VA from stealing veterans guns

Guy who shot his wife was FBI

Yes, after the U.S. Marshals said they were "pinned down by gunfire" by a 14 year old boy defending his dog, they sent in FBI HRT. It's complicated, but I know the entire event by heart. The U.S. Marshals killed the family dog, then they murdered the boy trying to defend his dog, then one of them was shot and killed by a family friend, then Hostage Rescue Team was sent in and a sniper shot the mother through the face as she held a baby, shot Randy though the shoulder, shot the family friend, and none of them were posing a threat at the time they were shot.

Ok, we're getting off topic. U.S. Marshals are sent in for anything having to do with enforcement, hunting fugitives, running the witness protection program, serving warrants, or anything else that requires enforcement action. That's their job. It's the sheriff's job to protect the constitutional rights of his constituents which is why the sheriff won't allow this confiscation to occur.

either way it has to go thru FBI .......whether they go or send the someone else...they control the info

To be clear, who is arguing that mentally unstable people should be permitted to carry firearms around?

To be clear, who is arguing that mentally unstable people should be permitted to carry firearms around?
odium. saintmichaeldefendthem. hossfly.

anyone who thinks that the va, in compliance with the law, sending out the letter to the man was somehow doing something wrong.

anyone who thinks that the va, in compliance with the law, sending out the letter to the man was somehow doing something wrong.
How is that in compliance with the law? The law does not allow somebody to be deprived of guns without a judgment against them.

How is that in compliance with the law? The law does not allow somebody to be deprived of guns without a judgment against them.
so the brady bill does not say that those that are found incompetent to handle their va benefits are also not competent to own a firearm?

so the brady bill does not say that those that are found incompetent to handle their va benefits are also not competent to own a firearm?

It gives no enforcement mechanism for depriving anyone of a firearm apart from due process.

I love threads based on the odea that gyms should be in the hands of the mentally incompetent. What could possibly go wrong?
He isn't mentally incompetent. He is old. He may be physically disabled. My parents are on Disability/Retirement there minds are extremely sharp. The only mentally incompetent I know are those that think they have the right to take away someone else's rights especially their first or 2nd amendments.
he needs a conservator to handle his VA benefits but he's completely mentally competent? pull the other one.
Keep digging your grave deeper. According to the VA he needs it...he has never said he does. This is the perfect victim thanks to the government letting the world know he will be an unarmed victim soon.
you're right. crazy people are so good at diagnosing their own requirements.

in fact it's probably best to leave it to the individual to decide if they are mentally competent than some highly trained doctors.
Doctors working for the government. Nuff said. Letting the government "decide" what rights you are "allowed" to have is unconstitutional and illegal and tyrannical. You keep digging your hole deeper you are on the losing side from all sides.
There is a very good reason why Odium never wishes to be diagnosed by competent personnel. We all know why he feels that way.

Dimschitz, if a person is drawing disability from VA and reaches a certain age, they are given competency tests if they are licensed drivers or have gun permits. I never got a letter. Get a clue.

Dimschitz, if a person is drawing disability from VA and reaches a certain age, they are given competency tests if they are licensed drivers or have gun permits. I never got a letter. Get a clue.
and you weren't found incompetent.
the man in the op was. do you want the mentally incompetent to have access to firearms? do you trust someone with a gun that you can't trust with a checkbook?

the man in the op was. do you want the mentally incompetent to have access to firearms? do you trust someone with a gun that you can't trust with a checkbook?
They don't need to carry guns around if a board of doctors find them incompetent.People don't hear of the confiscations if they are done discreetly. The guy can make an appeal and take a lawyer to the hearing. I wouldn't worry about it.

They don't need to carry guns around if a board of doctors find them incompetent.People don't hear of the confiscations if they are done discreetly. The guy can make an appeal and take a lawyer to the hearing. I wouldn't worry about it.
i apologize then. i assumed you believed that the man, while not competent to handle his own money, could still be trusted to have a firearm. it would appear that we agree, that the mentally incompetent should not have guns.

i apologize then. i assumed you believed that the man, while not competent to handle his own money, could still be trusted to have a firearm. it would appear that we agree, that the mentally incompetent should not have guns.
One thing about veterans. We watch and take care of one another.Friends will help keep friends from doing stupid stuff. If one guy is having problems and lets someone know or one guy finds out something, there's a bunch of people who are informed and help is given. It's not so in civilian life.

One thing about veterans. We watch and take care of one another.Friends will help keep friends from doing stupid stuff. If one guy is having problems and lets someone know or one guy finds out something, there's a bunch of people who are informed and help is given. It's not so in civilian life.
veterans are just like everybody else. some will care for others, some won't, some will accept help from others, some won't, some have large groups of friends that can look out for them, some don't.

that's just how people are - although i will grant you that there are several organizations set up for the exclusive benefit of veterans with issues.

Forum List

Back