Citizens suing California over 30 round magazine ban...it's about time.

I don't have to justify it. That's why it's called a right. I have it because I can. Deal with it

The justification is the same as the need for big trucks and fast cars. I asked you why you NEED it.

The point that you refuse to acknowledge is that nobody is under any obligation to justify his “need” to exercise a right. That's an important defining characteristic of a right, that one is allowed to exercise it without having to show any need or justification for doing so,and without having to seek permission from anyone, least of all from government.

The burden is entirely on those such as you, who would deny the exercise of a right, to prove that such a denial is necessary and justifiable.

I didn't think that gun attachments were a 'right?'

Again, I'm not asking for a justification, I'm asking for a need to have a 30 round magazine that was designed and engineered to kill a number of people without reloading.

Claifornia first banned the buying of new 30 round magazines....then, since book burners/gun grabbers won't stop till they get all guns....then, commie governor jerry brown outlawed the previous grandfathered 30 round magazines...now, 5 California citizens....all law abiding...are suing the morons in the California government for violating their 2nd Amendment Right to bear arms...

NRA hits back in court over California magazine ban

As a gun owner, I can't think of one reason I would need a thirty round magazine.
Me either but its better to have it than need it and not have it.

A thirty round magazine is designed and manufactured to kill multiple people without reloading. That's it, no other reason.

No...it is designed to help save the life of the user....defending himself against attack and protecting his family...it allows them to do so without having to change a magazine more times than they might have to with fewer bullets......that is important because if you are injured in a fight, the adrenalin and injury may make it harder to switch out magazines...

Criminals can get whatever magazines they want and can rape rob and murder with illegal guns and magazines.....

Civilians who have to defend themselves and their families...may face more than one attacker and those attackers may be armed with their own guns.......so again...the 30 round magazine allows a good person to defend themselves and their families......

A well trained individual with a Glock can't do the same?

I don't have to justify it. That's why it's called a right. I have it because I can. Deal with it

The justification is the same as the need for big trucks and fast cars. I asked you why you NEED it.

The point that you refuse to acknowledge is that nobody is under any obligation to justify his “need” to exercise a right. That's an important defining characteristic of a right, that one is allowed to exercise it without having to show any need or justification for doing so,and without having to seek permission from anyone, least of all from government.

The burden is entirely on those such as you, who would deny the exercise of a right, to prove that such a denial is necessary and justifiable.

I didn't think that gun attachments were a 'right?'

Again, I'm not asking for a justification, I'm asking for a need to have a 30 round magazine that was designed and engineered to kill a number of people without reloading.

We told you....

Self defense.....competition, hunting, collecting.......

Especially self defense...where you might be injured at the start of the attack, where you might face more than one armed attackers, and reloading while injured will be a problem...a 30 round magazine allows a wounded civilian to defend themselves without having to change magazines as often.....

And since they are in Common Use....they are protected by the 2nd Amendment......

Claifornia first banned the buying of new 30 round magazines....then, since book burners/gun grabbers won't stop till they get all guns....then, commie governor jerry brown outlawed the previous grandfathered 30 round magazines...now, 5 California citizens....all law abiding...are suing the morons in the California government for violating their 2nd Amendment Right to bear arms...

As a gun owner, I can't think of one reason I would need a thirty round magazine.

That's not the point... is it?

That IS the point. Why would one NEED to have a 30 round magazine that is designed and manufactured to kill multiple people without reloading?

For self defense, for competition, for hunting, for collecting...that is why the 8 million rifles in the hands of American people are not a threat.........normal people use them without breaking the law...

And...if you use one to break the law...you can already be arrested and put in jail.......

A hand gun is a much better weapon for self-defense.

You can't compete without a 30 round clip?

You can't hunt without a 30 round clip?

You can't collect without a 30 round clip?

A thirty round magazine is designed and manufactured to kill multiple people without reloading. That's it, no other reason.

No...it is designed to help save the life of the user....defending himself against attack and protecting his family...it allows them to do so without having to change a magazine more times than they might have to with fewer bullets......that is important because if you are injured in a fight, the adrenalin and injury may make it harder to switch out magazines...

Criminals can get whatever magazines they want and can rape rob and murder with illegal guns and magazines.....

Civilians who have to defend themselves and their families...may face more than one attacker and those attackers may be armed with their own guns.......so again...the 30 round magazine allows a good person to defend themselves and their families......

A rifle has advantages over a pistol....one, you can add a light and better opticals for shooting in dark and low light....like in a dark house.....the AR-15 is also very easy to shoot for all sized people..while a pistol is not as easy to shoot and to hit your target.....

The 3 points of contact that you have with a rifle means you can control the rifle better.....

And you can get Glocks with 30 round magazines......

And that is the point...anti gunners specifically state that they want 10 round magazines because they know that most modern hand guns can hold 15 or more rounds in their magazines....by insisting on 10 rounds, they ban those pistols......

That is the only reason they are pushing the 30 round magazine limit....

Then, when the next mass shooter uses 10 round magazines.....the anti gunners will go back for those...insisting that no one needs a military style pistol for self defense.....

The Sandy Hook shooter changed magazines several times...making a 30 round magazine unnecessary for his killings...and the Santa Barbara Shooter used California legal, 10 round magazines for his shootings........

There is no rational, logical reason to ban 30 round magazines for normal people.....

If you want to stop criminals from using them....add a 30 year sentence for using a 30 round magazine in a crime.....

That IS the point. Why would one NEED to have a 30 round magazine that is designed and manufactured to kill multiple people without reloading?

Why do you need to have a Television?

I don't, but it's nice to have, and it isn't designed and manufactured to kill multiple people without reloading.

We are talking specifcally about 30 round magazines...but I will play....

By banning any magazine over 10 rounds...you outlaw most models of Glock pistol...and that is the actual goal...since there is no other rational reason to ban 30 round magazines.

I don't, but it's nice to have, and it isn't designed and manufactured to kill multiple people without reloading.

A gun isn't either...it is designed to make it easier for the user to survive being violently attacked.

For self defense, for competition, for hunting, for collecting...that is why the 8 million rifles in the hands of American people are not a threat.........normal people use them without breaking the law...

And...if you use one to break the law...you can already be arrested and put in jail.......

A hand gun is a much better weapon for self-defense.

You can't compete without a 30 round clip?

You can't hunt without a 30 round clip?

You can't collect without a 30 round clip?

You can do a lot of those things.......but a 30 round magazine makes it easier for the owner...the law abiding owner....again...in a self defense situation, a 30 round magazine means you can fight longer without changing magazines...and when your family may be in danger, that is more important than your irrational fear....

You can also drive under 45 miles an hour in a car....you don't need to go over 45 so there is no reason to not put a governor on all cars and Trucks to prevent this...since cars kill more people every year than all guns do....and they aren't even a right.....

Ban cars...then get back to me about the less deadly guns....

BEcause they desire to own one....that is all they need. There is absolutely no reason to ban them unless you are irrational and hate guns.
I desire a .50 caliber machine gun or two....so I can have one?

A gun isn't either...it is designed to make it easier for the user to survive being violently attacked.
...or when violently attacking.....

BEcause they desire to own one....that is all they need. There is absolutely no reason to ban them unless you are irrational and hate guns.
I desire a .50 caliber machine gun or two....so I can have one?

Sure.....you can get one if you want......

If you use it to break the law...you go to jail....see how that works?

That isn't the concern...I worry about the good guys stopping the bad guys...since the bad guys will get guns no matter what the law is.....good guys will not disobey the law, and will be the only ones affected by a gun or magazine ban...

And you don't need a 30 round magazine to murder a bunch of people...you can use a Truck and kill 89 people and injure 400 ....more than any killed in a single event with any gun....either a pistol or rifle.......

So we need to ban trucks more than guns.....and cars too...since more people are killed with cars every single year than with guns...

Why don't you write the real reason; To increase profits for gun manufacturers for which the NRA is a marketing concern.
that answer there just told me you dont own guns....

Then why does more than half of the income for the NRA come directly or indirectly from gun manufacturers?
did you have help moving those goal posts?....lets go back to what you said about the reason one buys a gun or ammo....."To increase profits for gun manufacturers for which the NRA is a marketing concern".....i have never heard or read a gun owner saying thats why they bought their guns,but i have seen anti gunners say this,like you just did.....now as for what you just said....why the hell do you think gun manufacturers would donate to the NRA?.....

Take Sandy Hook. A bad guy kills and the NRA uses hysteria marketing to convince the weak minded that the government is going to take away their guns. Gun sales skyrocket. Who wins?

How many gun manufacturers pay for NRA membership when you buy their weapon?

Pepe Le Pew and his cohorts become millionaires from a non-profit. Pretty sweet!

It isn't hysteria.....hilary had a plan to use the courts to attack gun makers, and the 4th circuit court of appeals just ruled that military style weapons are not protected by the second amendment....and since bolt action rifles, pump action shotguns, lever action rifles and 6 shot revolvers...as well as most modern pistols use a magazine, and have been used in the military......that is an attack on the right to own guns that is serious and imminent.......

Sure it was, but the issue is 30 round magazines.

The same tactic was used to keep blacks from voting......the democrats didn't think blacks had a need to vote....since white democrats could run the government without them...so they created poll taxes and literacy tests to keep blacks from voting......

If that was prior to the mid 1960's, you need to replace 'Democrats' with 'Conservatives.'

Then why does more than half of the income for the NRA come directly or indirectly from gun manufacturers?
did you have help moving those goal posts?....lets go back to what you said about the reason one buys a gun or ammo....."To increase profits for gun manufacturers for which the NRA is a marketing concern".....i have never heard or read a gun owner saying thats why they bought their guns,but i have seen anti gunners say this,like you just did.....now as for what you just said....why the hell do you think gun manufacturers would donate to the NRA?.....

Take Sandy Hook. A bad guy kills and the NRA uses hysteria marketing to convince the weak minded that the government is going to take away their guns. Gun sales skyrocket. Who wins?

Pepe Le Pew and his cohorts become millionaires from a non-profit. Pretty sweet!

It isn't hysteria.....hilary had a plan to use the courts to attack gun makers, and the 4th circuit court of appeals just ruled that military style weapons are not protected by the second amendment....and since bolt action rifles, pump action shotguns, lever action rifles and 6 shot revolvers...as well as most modern pistols use a magazine, and have been used in the military......that is an attack on the right to own guns that is serious and imminent.......

Sure it was, but the issue is 30 round magazines.

The issue could be a 454 vs a 153 , both will do the job..its not up to you or the government what someone "needs"

No reason? What the hell does a citizen need a thirty round magazine on a semi-auto for? I do realize they come in real handy in clearing out grade school classrooms and crowded movie theaters. We require a special license to own and shoot a .45 Thompson. That same license should be required for high capacity magazine in semi-automatic guns.

Do you realize that those small children could just as easily have been murdered with a shotgun.....or multiple shotguns...or even revolvers......

There is no need for a special license...since you guys like gun laws this is how we handle it......

You make a law that states if you use a 30 round magazine in a crime...you go to jail for 30 years for the 30 round magazine all by itself...

And there you go.......you get a law....we get to keep normal magazines....everyone is happy...right?
Really? You believe that many would have died that quickly with a shotgun...or a revolver?

Why don't you write the real reason; To increase profits for gun manufacturers for which the NRA is a marketing concern.

None.......I became a life member all on my lonesome....

You missed out!

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Kinda like planned parenthood murdering more babies increases profits? Especially those black babies, they make a killing off them, you know? The innocent that don't have a choice to life? Because of cowards, like yourself.
I'm sorry to hear that people are being forced to have abortions.

Forum List

Back