City of Anaheim forces private venue to cancel conservative rally

I'm not confused at all.
It is obvious that you have never been a resident in California.

I'm not confused at all
Obviously you've never lived in California(thankfully), if you cite those reasons for your misinformed conclusions.

*Property taxes in California are not even in the top ten highest in the nation. Gasoline taxes are among highest, which we all know.

*As far as "welfare", California ranks number 38 (lower than Florida) as a "federally dependent" state.

*YTD Caifornia has a lower poverty rate than Florida. (13.00 versus 13.08) respectively. And the MAJORITY of the top 10 highest poverty rate states in America are in the south.

I'm not confused at all
Obviously you've never lived in California(thankfully), if you cite those reasons for your misinformed conclusions.

*Property taxes in California are not even in the top ten highest in the nation. Gasoline taxes are among highest, which we all know.

*As far as "welfare", California ranks number 38 (lower than Florida) as a "federally dependent" state.

*YTD Caifornia has a lower poverty rate than Florida. (13.00 versus 13.08) respectively. And the MAJORITY of the top 10 highest poverty rate states in America are in the south.

*The overall public school ranking in California is far from being the worst. Its not even in the bottom 10 to 15. Florida is not in the top ten either.

Where do you get your information from?
many of these depend on what list you are looking at.....in another thread a list there said California has many people on welfare and were top ten.....and a list i saw just a week ago said California was in the bottom ten for education.....when i was in HS they were top 5,now according to the list i saw they were like no 46....

I'm not confused at all.

I'm not confused at all

I'm not confused at all

*The overall public school ranking in California is far from being the worst. Its not even in the bottom 10 to 15. Florida is not in the top ten either.

As the lawyer for one of Trump`s rioting goons said. "They have Foxitis."

I'm not confused at all.

I'm not confused at all

I'm not confused at all

Oh geez, more of the same from the desperate and confused Liberals.
California - 12% of the nations population, 33% of the nations welfare recipients - FACT
By the way Hawaii and New York are fighting CA for that number one spot....are they blue or red states? hahaha
Here you go:
It Looks Like Red States Take Most in Federal 'Welfare' from this Map. But Looks Can Be Deceiving.
California’s Welfare Benefits: Boom or Bust?
"There has been much discussion about immigrants in the United States from everywhere around the world. Yet, why is it that California seems to attract the most immigrants of any state? Indeed, while the state is only 12% of the nation’s population, it is home to 33% of welfare residents. According to a report published by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) on January 26, 2015, there is a correlation between generous welfare benefits and an increase in immigration.

In total, California outspends every other state in public welfare spending – in 2014, it spent $22.4 billion. In contrast, the next closest state, New York, spent $11.9 billion. That being said, does this make California a magnet for immigrants? Not necessarily. It is more of an anchor – a reason why residents stay for long periods of time in the state. However, to deny that there is no magnet would be incorrect. According to George J. Borjas, the Robert W. Scrivner Professor of Economics and Social Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School and the author of the aforementioned report, the reason as to why people decide to relocate is due to “income-maximizing behavior.” Immigrants have already accepted that there are certain fixed costs that are inevitable because of migration, so it is natural that they will flock towards the places with the highest benefits. Empirical evidence suggests that it is because of these differences that there are an increasingly disproportionate number of immigrants among states. While there is the possibility of alternative explanations for this phenomenon, the conclusion that Borjas draws using the wealth-maximization hypothesis is one such testable method.

However, upon closer examination, on a per-capita basis, California’s seemingly generous benefits pale in data comparison to other states. For example, it spends approximately $179 for every resident, behind $233 in Hawaii and $256 in New York. Furthermore, approximately 8.9% of California residents live in poverty, the highest of any state. Despite this, the number of people immigrating to California increases exponentially each year."

My mother lives with me because she is my only living older blood relative, and I have no siblings. I decided that want her with me in the last years of her life.

She could easily live on her own between from her retirement accounts and her real estate profits.

California like any other state with a large population has ALWAYS had undesirable parts, but there are far more better areas.

It is a lot more than property tax. it is taxes on business and sales tax and fees and the high cost of regulation.

You are really confused about gasoline prices. California ranks the highest in the nation.

You said yourself that people are moving out because of the high cost of living and government influences that cost tremendously.

As far as taxes on business, I never said that it is not costly to do business in California.

I'm talking about retired people who chose to leave.
It is a lot more than property tax. it is taxes on business and sales tax and fees and the high cost of regulation.

You are really confused about gasoline prices. California ranks the highest in the nation.

You said yourself that people are moving out because of the high cost of living and government influences that cost tremendously.

I'm not confused. I think that I am confusing you. You continue to state that California is the absolute worst in America in several categories that I've shown you is not the case.

What is the most costly living expense for most people?

Housing costs. The major reason that most people that I know have left is to get more house for their money, and in most cases, they sold their home or homes in California, and paid cash for a less expensive home, and pocketed the rest. As far as gasoline taxes, because the taxes are what drives the price here. I'm not confused at all about that.

That is one drawback of the state, IF one commutes long distances daily.

As far as sales tax, the STATE tax rate is the highest, but the COMBINED tax rate based on individual cities is not.

Do you understand the difference?

Oh geez, more of the same from the desperate and confused Liberals.
California - 12% of the nations population, 33% of the nations welfare recipients - FACT
By the way Hawaii and New York are fighting CA for that number one spot....are they blue or red states? hahaha
Here you go:
It Looks Like Red States Take Most in Federal 'Welfare' from this Map. But Looks Can Be Deceiving.
California’s Welfare Benefits: Boom or Bust?
"There has been much discussion about immigrants in the United States from everywhere around the world. Yet, why is it that California seems to attract the most immigrants of any state? Indeed, while the state is only 12% of the nation’s population, it is home to 33% of welfare residents. According to a report published by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) on January 26, 2015, there is a correlation between generous welfare benefits and an increase in immigration.

In total, California outspends every other state in public welfare spending – in 2014, it spent $22.4 billion. In contrast, the next closest state, New York, spent $11.9 billion. That being said, does this make California a magnet for immigrants? Not necessarily. It is more of an anchor – a reason why residents stay for long periods of time in the state. However, to deny that there is no magnet would be incorrect. According to George J. Borjas, the Robert W. Scrivner Professor of Economics and Social Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School and the author of the aforementioned report, the reason as to why people decide to relocate is due to “income-maximizing behavior.” Immigrants have already accepted that there are certain fixed costs that are inevitable because of migration, so it is natural that they will flock towards the places with the highest benefits. Empirical evidence suggests that it is because of these differences that there are an increasingly disproportionate number of immigrants among states. While there is the possibility of alternative explanations for this phenomenon, the conclusion that Borjas draws using the wealth-maximization hypothesis is one such testable method.

However, upon closer examination, on a per-capita basis, California’s seemingly generous benefits pale in data comparison to other states. For example, it spends approximately $179 for every resident, behind $233 in Hawaii and $256 in New York. Furthermore, approximately 8.9% of California residents live in poverty, the highest of any state. Despite this, the number of people immigrating to California increases exponentially each year."

This has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative. It has to do with different reasons for people leaving a state, in this case California.

I've read those links before in different versions, and heard nearly every argument as to what is actually considered "welfare".

I choose to live in California for these reasons:

Both of my homes are paid for, my family is here, and most of my friends are here, and I like it here. It is a personal choice. For those who choose not to live here, it is also their choice.

Yeah so they caved into threats of rioting from Antifa and BLM....or more likely they Subscribe to the Cheney branch of the party. No matter how you look at it it's anti-free speech.

Jo
The person who I was talking to claim the government was violating the first amendment. Since they bailed when pressed I’m guessing they realized that it was a crap argument that they can’t back up

Interesting article. I read a few more of his articles that were linked to it.
He appears to be an extremist.
Isn’t anybody brave enough to tell the candid truth about subject matter related to ethnicity a xenophobic, racist, extremist...that’s the default predictable Lib speak...right?
California is imploding, the filth running it have destroyed it at its core...Southern California it’s hardly comprised of real Americans, it’s North Mexico...and its quickly becoming a thirdworld shithole...weird huh, beg millions of thirdworlders to invade and end up with...wait for it.......A THIRDWORLD SHITHOLE....who would have guessed?

Really who are the politically active folks on the left who get violent?
when i asked you this....are you saying lefties never do violent rioting?..you said no....so who are you talking about?....the die hard activists on both sides will do violence if they deem it necessary...and i think you know this.....

Lol - Nobody in California wants Gaetz and Greene so they are now holding "sidewalk protests". :lol: Maybe the kiddie-diddler and the Q-Kook lady should get back to work?

Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene held a free speech protest on a sidewalk in California after no one would give them a venue for their America First rally.​
The Republican lawmakers spoke to around 100 supporters outside of Riverside City Hall after an event space in Anaheim became the latest place to cancel their booking on Saturday.​

My mother lives with me because she is my only living older blood relative, and I have no siblings. I decided that want her with me in the last years of her life.

She could easily live on her own between from her retirement accounts and her real estate profits.

California like any other state with a large population has ALWAYS had undesirable parts, but there are far more better areas.

Unfortunately there are millions of Americans who are not financially as fortunate as your mother, and cannot afford the deep blue elitism.

Most Expensive States To Live In 2021​

The cost of living in the United States varies significantly from one state to the next. The factors affecting the cost of living include the average earning, the average cost of rent or buying property, and the price of essential goods. Unfortunately, many states are unaffordable for middle-class wage earners due to slow wage growth, inflation, and expensive housing in the U.S.

1. Hawaii

Cost of Living Index: 196.3 Grocery Cost Index: 167.7 Housing Cost Index: 336.3 Transportation Cost Index: 138.8
Hawaii is the most expensive state to live in in the United States. Hawaii has a cost index of 196.3. The average home price in Hawaii is $1,158,492. The utility index is the highest in the country at 189.5, and the average monthly energy bill is $388.65. Basic physical goods, such as a half-gallon of milk, cost more than anywhere in the mainland United States because they need to be shipped to the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

2. District of Columbia​

Cost of Living Index: 161.1 Grocery Cost Index: 115.8 Housing Cost Index: 279.2 Transportation Cost Index: 108.0
Washington D.C. is the second-most expensive state in the United States, with a cost of living index of 161.1. D.C. has the second-most expensive housing, with the average two-bedroom apartment costs $2,776 per month, and the median home value is $628,914. The living wage in D.C. is $67,867, the highest living wage in the country. Luckily, D.C. has one of the highest median household incomes in the country at $85,203 per year.

3. California

Cost of Living Index: 138.5 Grocery Cost Index: 117.3 Housing Cost Index: 196.5 Transportation Cost Index: 132.4
freestar
California is the third-most-expensive state in the U.S. with notoriously high housing and transportation costs. California's housing index is 196.5, and its transportation index is 132.4, the second- and third-highest in the U.S., respectively. The average two-bedroom apartment in California runs for about $2,495 per month and is even more expensive in cities such as San Francisco and Los Angeles. California has some of the highest gasoline prices in the United States, and the average monthly energy bill is about $237.13.

4. Oregon

Cost of Living Index: 134.6 Grocery Cost Index: 113.8 Housing Cost Index: 184.8 Transportation Cost Index: 129.4
Oregon is the fourth-most expensive state in the country. Oregon's median home value is $549,358, more than double the U.S. median. Groceries in Oregon are also more expensive than the U.S. average, especially coffee and sugar. Transportation costs in Oregon are the third-highest in the country, behind Hawaii and California. Luckily, utility costs are below-average.

5. New York

Cost of Living Index: 133.7 Grocery Cost Index: 113.4 Housing Cost Index: 197.5 Transportation Cost Index: 105.0
New York is the fifth-most expensive state in the United States. New York has the most expensive housing, with the average cost of a home at $1,901,222. Rent in New York City is one of the highest in the country, with an average rent of $3,667 for a two-bedroom. The closer one lives to New York City, the more expensive it is to live in the state. The living wage in New York is $59,128, and the median household income is $64,894.

6. Massachusetts

Cost of Living Index: 132.6 Grocery Cost Index: 128.1 Housing Cost Index: 173.6 Transportation Cost Index: 110.1
The sixth-most expensive state in the U.S. is Massachusetts, home to Boston, one of the most expensive cities in the United States. The average home price in Massachusetts is $663,942, almost three times the national average. Massachusetts residents' monthly energy bill is around $236.62 on average, and their gas prices are fairly high as well. Luckily, as the most educated state in the U.S., Massachusetts also has one of the highest median household incomes in the country of $77,378.

7. Maryland

Cost of Living Index: 128.1 Grocery Cost Index: 114.6 Housing Cost Index: 180.2 Transportation Cost Index: 107.1
The seventh-most expensive state in the United States in Maryland. Maryland's expensiveness can be attributed to its proximity to Washington D.C. The average home price in Maryland is $794,750. Luckily, Maryland's health cost index is 85.7, below the national average. Despite the cost, Maryland has the second-lowest poverty rate in the U.S. of 8.2%. Additionally, Maryland has the second-highest median household income of $81,868.

8. Alaska

Cost of Living Index: 128.0 Grocery Cost Index: 132.4 Housing Cost Index: 134.3 Transportation Cost Index: 117.8
freestar
Alaska is the U.S.'s eighth-most expensive state. Like Hawaii, Alaska also needs to have all of its goods shipped in from the mainland United States, giving it the country's second-highest grocery index. Additionally, Alaska's winters are cold and dark, causing energy bills to be very high. Luckily, Alaska's median household income is $76,715, the sixth-highest in the country, and Alaska residents receive oil dividends to boost their income.

9. Connecticut

Cost of Living Index: 125.1 Grocery Cost Index: 107.7 Housing Cost Index: 142.2 Transportation Cost Index: 112.6
Connecticut is the ninth-most expensive state in the United States. Connecticut has expensive housing, utilities, and alcohol. The average home price in Connecticut is $662,447, and the monthly energy bill for a home is about $215.97. Additionally, a bottle of white table wine in the state will cost about $10.63 on average, double the price than in other states. Grocery prices are also above average.

10. Rhode Island

Cost of Living Index: 119.4 Grocery Cost Index: 108.0 Housing Cost Index: 132.3 Transportation Cost Index: 106.1
Rhode Island rounds out the ten most expensive states in the U.S. The average rent for a two-bedroom apartment in Rhode Island is around $1,385, while the typical home value is about $331,458. Utilities are very high in Rhode Island, with the monthly costs averaging around $522. The median household income in Rhode Island is $64,340, going as high as $89,847 in Washington County.
At the opposite end, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Oklahoma are the least expensive states. In general, however, states where it is cheaper to live have lower median incomes. In 2017, Mississippi's median household income was $43,529, but the U.S. median was $60,336.
Here are the 10 states with the highest cost index:
  1. Hawaii (192.9)
  2. California (151.7)
  3. New York (139.1)
  4. Oregon (134.2)
  5. Massachusetts (131.6)
  6. Alaska (129.9)
  7. Maryland (129.7)
  8. Connecticut (127.7)
  9. New Jersey (125.1)
  10. Rhode Island (119.4)
Most Expensive State
Hawaii (192.9)
Least Expensive State
Mississippi (86.1)

Isn’t anybody brave enough to tell the candid truth about subject matter related to ethnicity a xenophobic, racist, extremist...that’s the default predictable Lib speak...right?
California is imploding, the filth running it have destroyed it at its core...Southern California it’s hardly comprised of real Americans, it’s North Mexico...and its quickly becoming a thirdworld shithole...weird huh, beg millions of thirdworlders to invade and end up with...wait for it.......A THIRDWORLD SHITHOLE....who would have guessed?
He doesn't live in California(thankfully) so what he says on that subject doesn't really matter one way or another.

I'm referring to more of this type of extremism:

Root was the opening speaker for Trump's rally in Las Vegas in late October 2016 during the presidential campaign. At the rally, Root, suggested that he wished ill upon Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin, hoping they met the same ending as Thelma & Louise.[3] The lead characters in the film take their own lives by driving off a cliff.

In his speech, Root said "Trump warriors" armed with "pitchforks, jack hammers and blow torches" would violently take over Washington D.C.:

"We're coming to tear it down. We're coming to rip it up. We're coming to kick your ass. And we're coming to put you in prison", he said referring to a fantasy he had about Clinton and Abedin.

Kellyanne Conway, Trump's campaign manager, later told CNN that Root's "conduct is completely unacceptable and does not reflect our campaign or our candidate".

the county has been turning blue for quite a while......
I watched it. Ballot harvesters came to my door several times offering a prefilled ballot. Republicans were ahead by double digits. Then the boxes of harvested ballots were counted. All for democrats. In an honest election Katie Porter would never have been elected, as she is told at all her town halls.

I watched it. Ballot harvesters came to my door several times offering a prefilled ballot. Republicans were ahead by double digits. Then the boxes of harvested ballots were counted. All for democrats. In an honest election Katie Porter would never have been elected, as she is told at all her town halls.
if they would have came to your door they would have come to mine....no one came to my door....in my years of delivering mail in Anaheim it was always fairly even with the parties political mail....im sure it was the same way elsewhere....and i never seen anyone going door to door offering ballots........

if they would have came to your door they would have come to mine....no one came to my door....in my years of delivering mail in Anaheim it was always fairly even with the parties political mail....im sure it was the same way elsewhere....and i never seen anyone going door to door offering ballots........
They came here more than once.

They came here more than once.
and if they would have came to your house more than once im sure they would have come to mine at least once....and i never seen anyone going door to door while delivering mail during the election time....for many years the election mail was fairly even.....

when i asked you this....are you saying lefties never do violent rioting?..you said no....so who are you talking about?....the die hard activists on both sides will do violence if they deem it necessary...and i think you know this.....

I imagine there were some politically active folks who rioted last Summer…but most were just opportunistic thugs. The 1/6 riot…the Charlottesville riots…the repeated violence at Trump rallies…all right wing political partisans

Forum List

Back