City of Anaheim forces private venue to cancel conservative rally

And why so? The reasons that most regret leaving are numerous. Ranging from the weather,

yea thats what i meant steve....i know a lot of people who moved out and are not sorry they did....
Understandable. The majority of those that I know, who wish that they had stayed, have a broad range of reasons, from differences in weather, to missing their favorite places as well as friends and family.

The ones who are happy with their decision to leave, is because in most cases they had family near where they relocated to, but still miss where they left at times.

My parents left a very nice part of San Francisco, in 2004, their home was paid for, but they decided to return to their hometown in Kansas when they retired. After my father died, in 2006, my mother couldn't wait to come back to California, and lives with me now. Most of her friends in Kansas wish they could afford to leave and come to California.

Last edited:
Understandable. The majority of those that I know, who wish that they had stayed, have a broad range of reasons, from differences in weather, to missing their favorite places as well as friends and family.

The ones who are happy with their decision to leave, is because in most cases they had family near where they relocated to, but still miss where they left at times.
i lived there for 50 years and yea i miss a lot of things about the place....but i also know that California that was maybe the best place on the planet to live is long gone and will probably never be back,at least in my lifetime....

i lived there for 50 years and yea i miss a lot of things about the place....but i also know that California that was maybe the best place on the planet to live is long gone and will probably never be back,at least in my lifetime....
No doubt that parts of it have changed. Some for better, some for worse. I was born in and grew up in San Diego, and have lived in Pasadena, all over the Inland Empire, and Orange County, but never what would be considered metropolitan Los Angeles, or most of the San Fernando Valley, except for a short time in Sherman Oaks....those areas, I've never liked, and they've gotten worse over time.

Of all of the states that I traveled to, before retiring(38 to be exact) there was only one that I ever thought about moving to, if only to live there part time.

The city didn't force the private venue to cancel the rally. The private venue owners made that decision.
Nope....they would never have booked it in the first place. Stop with the lame rationalization and admit that it is censorship. If you're going to take a position don't look for an easy way out.
Man up....or tranny up or whatever you
Do.

Because the city disagrees with the "values" of those attending and speaking. Maybe the left will one day achieve its ultimate goal wherein only a handful of party elites are permitted to express ideas.

Democrats, not the left.

Confusing the two is like confusing a rapist with their victim.

Anaheim is a Republican run city… they said there were safety concerns, right? Did you see that?
Yeah so they caved into threats of rioting from Antifa and BLM....or more likely they Subscribe to the Cheney branch of the party. No matter how you look at it it's anti-free speech.

Jo

No doubt that parts of it have changed. Some for better, some for worse. I was born in and grew up in San Diego, and have lived in Pasadena, all over the Inland Empire, and Orange County, but never what would be considered metropolitan Los Angeles, or most of the San Fernando Valley, except for a short time in Sherman Oaks....those areas, I've never liked, and they've gotten worse over time.
the number one thing that drove me out was the congestion.....i got tired of it taking an hour to go someplace that used to take 20 minutes...in Anaheim the 91 and 5 freeways were packed even on Sundays....

Nope....they would never have booked it in the first place. Stop with the lame rationalization and admit that it is censorship. If you're going to take a position don't look for an easy way out.
Man up....or tranny up or whatever you
Do.
After being informed about potential security problems they canceled. I'm not sure why you think your opinion matters anyway.

Nonsense. I've lived in California my entire nearly 70 years, and still do in retirement.

Many of my former colleagues and friends who have left the state, left primarily because of the cost of living, not because of political zealotry, perceived oppression, or irrational fear of so called "queers" or illegal immigrants.

And, since leaving, many of them wish that they had stayed.

You are confused.

The high cost of living is tied to the Democrat mismanagement. High taxation, high cost of doing business due to regulation and a costly welfare state.

California was the Golden State 70 years ago when the Conservatives ran everything. Now it is a shithole with the worst poverty, worst schools, most Illegals, most homeless and most taxation.

That is the reason people are leaving.

My parents left a very nice part of San Francisco, in 2004, their home was paid for, but they decided to return to their hometown in Kansas when they retired. After my father died, in 2006, my mother couldn't wait to come back to California, and lives with me now. Most of her friends in Kansas wish they could afford to leave and come to California.

California is way too expensive to live in for millions of people, and in many places has become a crime-infested shithole.
Your mother lives with you, could she afford to live on her own there?

CA still most populous, but more people leaving state than moving in, report finds​

. Most of her friends in Kansas wish they could afford to leave and come to California.

So they want to live with Illegals, have high taxes, be around the most poverty in the country, the worst schools, the most homeless and the most regulations?

They aren't very bright, are they?

You are confused.

The high cost of living is tied to the Democrat mismanagement. High taxation, high cost of doing business due to regulation and a costly welfare state.

California was the Golden State 70 years ago when the Conservatives ran everything. Now it is a shithole with the worst poverty, worst schools, most Illegals, most homeless and most taxation.

I'm not confused at all.
It is obvious that you have never been a resident in California.
never lived in the state

You are confused.

You are confused.

I'm not confused at all
Obviously you've never lived in California(thankfully), if you cite those reasons for your misinformed conclusions.

*Property taxes in California are not even in the top ten highest in the nation. Gasoline taxes are among highest, which we all know.

*As far as "welfare", California ranks number 38 (lower than Florida) as a "federally dependent" state.

*YTD Caifornia has a lower poverty rate than Florida. (13.00 versus 13.08) respectively. And the MAJORITY of the top 10 highest poverty rate states in America are in the south.
You are confused.

I'm not confused at all
Obviously you've never lived in California(thankfully), if you cite those reasons for your misinformed conclusions.

*Property taxes in California are not even in the top ten highest in the nation. Gasoline taxes are among highest, which we all know.

*As far as "welfare", California ranks number 38 (lower than Florida) as a "federally dependent" state.

*YTD Caifornia has a lower poverty rate than Florida. (13.00 versus 13.08) respectively. And the MAJORITY of the top 10 highest poverty rate states in America are in the south.

*The overall public school ranking in California is far from being the worst. Its not even in the bottom 10 to 15. Florida is not in the top ten either.

Where do you get your information from?

I'm not confused at all.
It is obvious that you have never been a resident in California.

I'm not confused at all

I'm not confused at all

*The overall public school ranking in California is far from being the worst. Its not even in the bottom 10 to 15. Florida is not in the top ten either.

Where do you get your information from?

It is a lot more than property tax. it is taxes on business and sales tax and fees and the high cost of regulation.

You are really confused about gasoline prices. California ranks the highest in the nation.

You said yourself that people are moving out because of the high cost of living and government influences that cost tremendously.

California is way too expensive to live in for millions of people, and in many places has become a crime-infested shithole.
Your mother lives with you, could she afford to live on her own there?

CA still most populous, but more people leaving state than moving in, report finds​

My mother lives with me because she is my only living older blood relative, and I have no siblings. I decided that want her with me in the last years of her life.

She could easily live on her own between from her retirement accounts and her real estate profits.

California like any other state with a large population has ALWAYS had undesirable parts, but there are far more better areas.

Forum List

Back