City of Phoenix hiring minority lifeguards who CANT SWIM....for diversity.

Introducing Justin Lynch...Sorry white people. Anything we decide to do...we cant be stopped.

At 16 This Swimmer Broke Michael Phelps Record. What s Next NPR

hqdefault.jpg

Actually I'm wondering why this is such a big issue...
We have all sorts of lifeguards here from north to south of west coast with different kinds of races. Also I even saw a Muslim lifeguard in Boston last summer.

Asclepias

So you're saying blacks can swim....

Then why in the hell is Phoenix hiring lifeguards who can't, when all they have to do is find qualified blacks?

Asclepias

Then why in the hell is Phoenix hiring lifeguards who can't, when all they have to do is find qualified blacks?
I dont know what retarded person actually believes Black people cant swim. I really dont know how to answer that question. :laugh:

Phoenix is recruiting more Black and Hispanic people because all the lifeguards are white. Did you read the article?

Actually I'm wondering why this is such a big issue...
We have all sorts of lifeguards here from north to south of west coast with different kinds of races. Also I even saw a Muslim lifeguard in Boston last summer.
Because white guys like to whine about losing their stranglehold on jobs reserved for them. Its like they are losing their birthright or something. :laugh:

Asclepias

I dont know what retarded person actually believes Black people cant swim. I really dont know how to answer that question. :laugh:

Phoenix is recruiting more Black and Hispanic people because all the lifeguards are white. Did you read the article?

and they are saying they have to remove the prerequisite to do so. Which is bullshit, there are blacks and hispanics who can swim, so why remove the prereq?

Asclepias

and they are saying they have to remove the prerequisite to do so. Which is bullshit, there are blacks and hispanics who can swim, so why remove the prereq?
No theyre not retard. They said they are going to train them. Thats not removing the prereq. Thats training them to meet it.

Asclepias

No theyre not retard. They said they are going to train them. Thats not removing the prereq. Thats training them to meet it.

Right moron, they will train you to pass the prerequisites that previously you had to pass before being hired.

Why are you so dishonest/stupid

Here's a fucking question, if there concern is a language barrier why don't they hire lifeguards that can already swim and teach them ebonics and spanish?

Asclepias

Right moron, they will train you to pass the prerequisites that previously you had to pass before being hired.

Here's a fucking question, if there concern is a language barrier why don't they hire lifeguards that can already swim and teach them ebonics and spanish?
Because they dont want to do it that way. They want to recruit people and if they cant pass the test, train them to pass it. Why hire white guys and teach them Ebonics and Spanish when its easier to teach someone not white how to swim good enough to pass the test? They dont want any white guys there. Which is the entire point.

Asclepias

Because they dont want to do it that way. They want to recruit people and if they cant pass the test, train them to pass it. Why hire white guys and teach them Ebonics and Spanish when its easier to teach someone not white how to swim good enough to pass the test? They dont want any white guys there. Which is the entire point.

and that my friend is discrimination.

Also, why don't you be a man and admit you were wrong and that they HAVE said they are going to remove what was once a prerequisite to be hired as a lifeguard.

Also, why don't you be a man and admit you were wrong and that they HAVE said they are going to remove what was once a prerequisite to be hired as a lifeguard.
Tough. You dont like it go boycott Arizona swimming pools.
laugh.gif

No they didnt say they were going to remove the prereq. They said they were going to train the people to meet it.

Here's the pertinent section of the federal law

UNLAWFUL EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES
SEC. 2000e-2. [Section 703]

(a) Employer practices

It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer -

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or

(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

This proposal CLEARLY violates the law. You can't say "okay we need blacks and hispanics so we're going to specifically target those races" any more than you could say "okay , I'm only hiring whites"

Tough. You dont like it go boycott Arizona swimming pools.
laugh.gif

No they didnt say they were going to remove the prereq. They said they were going to train the people to meet it.

You sir are a piece of shit. You truly are. You are a tiny little pathetic half man.

If you go from saying we won't hire anyone who can't do A

to saying

Okay we will hire you if you can't do A and train you to do it

Then you have REMOVED the prerequisite of A

Moron

(a) Employer practices

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or

(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

This proposal CLEARLY violates the law. You can't say "okay we need blacks and hispanics so we're going to specifically target those races" any more than you could say "okay , I'm only hiring whites"
So go shut them down. What are you waiting for?

(a) Employer practices

So go shut them down. What are you waiting for?

so you acknowledge that they are violating federal law, but make light of it. What a douche.

Forum List

Back