🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Civil Servants Foment Civil Insurrection Against Trump

I am seeing a trend from our new president

First he has tried to turn the public against a free press
Now, he is turning on federal employees and proclaiming them to be an enemy

I noticed you used the term "free" press, and not neutral or unbiased press. Trump isn't against a free press. He hasn't shut any offices down, or blacked out any websites. He is fighting back against a partisan media.

If only the media had the courage to admit its partisanship while it was fighting back.

Nobody ever claimed the press was "fair"
Hasn't been for 200 years

Last edited:
The faceless, almost unaccountable, entrenched bureaucrats who live in their own little worlds, ruled by the insatiable hunger for advancement – at all costs. They are everywhere at all levels of government from local to The White House.

Federal employees have decided they’re the 4th branch of government and if you can believe the opposition media, they intend to do what they can to make the Trump presidency a failure. As Steven Hayward has written, “That bureaucratic government is the partisan instrument of the Democratic Party is the most obvious, yet least remarked upon, trait of our time.”

This is why it’s not surprising the New York Times writes, “Across the vast federal bureaucracy, Donald J. Trump’s arrival in the White House has spread anxiety, frustration, fear and resistance among many of the two million nonpolitical civil servants who say they work for the public, not a particular president.”

The author has hit the nail on the head – to use an over worked adage. The only way to change this is for Congress to make some major changes to the Civil Service laws and to enact a law barring unions from representing government employees. Until that time, there is little upper level managers can do much to actually “drain the swamp.”

Oh yes, they infect the legislative and judicial branches as well.

Full essay @ Civil Servants Foment Civil Insurrection Against Trump

I spent 33 years as a federal employee from Carter to Obama

Presidents come and go and you continue to do your job. Trumps biggest obstacle is that Federal Employees know the law and regulations better than he does. They also have whistle blower protections to report when those laws are broken

so what laws have been broken so far?

I see Trumps biggest problem coming from environmental, immigration and labor

So, no laws have been broken so far?

Beats me....how about you show any attempt by federal employees to obstruct Trump or ignore his directions?
That is not the way civil service works. You follow the direction of your superiors including the President. But you also swear to the same vow to uphold the Constitution. Trump is treading a fine line with his directions to the federal workforce. If he presents an order in conflict with existing laws and regulations, employees are required to follow the law

Most of his current work is repealing executive orders given by his predecessor, or restoring status quo ante bellum as it were.

If they feel their actions will violate the law, they have to report it to their superiors, or they can resign publicly and protest. They should not be leaking valid instructions or trying to subvert them.

I am seeing a trend from our new president

First he has tried to turn the public against a free press
Now, he is turning on federal employees and proclaiming them to be an enemy

I noticed you used the term "free" press, and not neutral or unbiased press. Trump isn't against a free press. He hasn't shut any offices down, or blacked out any websites. He is fighting back against a partisan media.

If only the media had the courage to admit its partisanship while it was fighting back.

Nobody ever claimed the press was "fair"
Hasn't been for 200 years

The press itself claims it is fair. That is what is pissing people off.

Take a freaking side.

Presidents come and go and you continue to do your job. Trumps biggest obstacle is that Federal Employees know the law and regulations better than he does. They also have whistle blower protections to report when those laws are broken

Beats me....how about you show any attempt by federal employees to obstruct Trump or ignore his directions?
That is not the way civil service works. You follow the direction of your superiors including the President. But you also swear to the same vow to uphold the Constitution. Trump is treading a fine line with his directions to the federal workforce. If he presents an order in conflict with existing laws and regulations, employees are required to follow the law

Most of his current work is repealing executive orders given by his predecessor, or restoring status quo ante bellum as it were.

If they feel their actions will violate the law, they have to report it to their superiors, or they can resign publicly and protest. They should not be leaking valid instructions or trying to subvert them.

Having worked for Presidents at political extremes, you just do your job in accordance with existing rules and regulations. If you are ordered to do something, you do it. As long as it is legal

Federal Employees are in no position to conduct an "insurrection". They have weak union rights and are used to being used as scapegoats and whipping boys for political reasons

Having worked for Presidents at political extremes, you just do your job in accordance with existing rules and regulations. If you are ordered to do something, you do it. As long as it is legal

Federal Employees are in no position to conduct an "insurrection". They have weak union rights and are used to being used as scapegoats and whipping boys for political reasons

When was the last time we had a President this far outside the mainstream of the political river?

I work for a company that does consulting for State/City level government. If the Bureaucrats want to stall something, they have exponentially more "no" tools than "yes" tools at their disposal.

When was the last time we had a President this far outside the mainstream of the political river?

I work for a company that does consulting for State/City level government. If the Bureaucrats want to stall something, they have exponentially more "no" tools than "yes" tools at their disposal.

We have never had a President so removed from the mainstream

But federal employees will continue to do their jobs...just like always

Then why are progressives calling for them to stop Trump?

The faceless, almost unaccountable, entrenched bureaucrats who live in their own little worlds, ruled by the insatiable hunger for advancement – at all costs. They are everywhere at all levels of government from local to The White House.

Federal employees have decided they’re the 4th branch of government and if you can believe the opposition media, they intend to do what they can to make the Trump presidency a failure. As Steven Hayward has written, “That bureaucratic government is the partisan instrument of the Democratic Party is the most obvious, yet least remarked upon, trait of our time.”

This is why it’s not surprising the New York Times writes, “Across the vast federal bureaucracy, Donald J. Trump’s arrival in the White House has spread anxiety, frustration, fear and resistance among many of the two million nonpolitical civil servants who say they work for the public, not a particular president.”

The author has hit the nail on the head – to use an over worked adage. The only way to change this is for Congress to make some major changes to the Civil Service laws and to enact a law barring unions from representing government employees. Until that time, there is little upper level managers can do much to actually “drain the swamp.”

nutty fake rightwingnut "news". :cuckoo:

"Untrustworthy News
Read with an open mind. This news source is untrusted and controversial. These articles are for informational purposes only. Check the facts against multiple trusted news sources"
Canada Free Press

it would be really nice if you trump loons would stop posting garbage.

Why are conservatives claiming there is some type of insurrection?

depends on the agency RW.....if he wanted to change mail regulations he would have to go through a few "committees" in the Congress first.....

depends on the agency RW.....if he wanted to change mail regulations he would have to go through a few "committees" in the Congress first.....
Same goes for environmental regulations, labor, EEO, contracting and thousands of other regulations

Trump does not have the power he thinks

Nice authoritarian rant. You want loyalty to a dictator.

However, civil service employee take an oath to serve the nation, not the president, so you're failing on both a moral and legal level.
The government is to be run by the president. Civil service workers must follow his directives.

Federal employees take the same oath of office as Congress, by which they swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. ... All officers of the seven Uniformed services of the United States take swear or affirm an oath of office upon commissioning.
The Oaths of Office | Two Thirds of Us

They swear to obey the lawful orders of those appointed above them as well. Leaking is a criminal activity subject to court proceedings as well as termination.
So? When did leftwing erst ever take oaths seriously?

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Nice authoritarian rant. You want loyalty to a dictator.

However, civil service employee take an oath to serve the nation, not the president, so you're failing on both a moral and legal level.
The government is to be run by the president. Civil service workers must follow his directives.
Like fucking hell! You have the right to refuse any illegal order, even in the military. And if the President gives an illegal order, then civil servants have the right and duty to disobey it, and bring the situation to the attention of the public.
The so-called "civil servants" are the ones breaking the law, douche bag.
The faceless, almost unaccountable, entrenched bureaucrats who live in their own little worlds, ruled by the insatiable hunger for advancement – at all costs. They are everywhere at all levels of government from local to The White House....

I'm glad we have the civil servant who understand the law and constitution and are protecting us from the Whims of the Trumpenfuhrer...

The real problem is, Trump has no idea how government actually works.

again, he's gone in a year, and they'll all still be there.

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

That only applies if his orders are illegal, and they are not. Plus, what they get to do is refuse the order, and resign, not leak the order and try to subvert him. If they truly feel the strength of their convictions, do so publicly and resign or be fired.

why? Leaking stuff is more effective in stopping him.

Mark Felt (AKA Deep Throat) probably broke a shitload of laws exposing Nixon for what he was. I'm glad he did. And Trump is 100 times worse than Nixon.

you mean he's whining like a petulant child when the Media doesnt' give him the praise he wants.

The biggest problem is the Media SHOULD have done what it is doing now last year, and we wouldn't be in this mess now. For that matter, so should have all the civil servants who knew how deep in bed with Russia he was.

That would be fine if Trump were a valid president elected legally, and not one 'selected' by an Archaic system and Russian hackers.

Get over yourself. EVERY president has had to deal with leakers, whistle-blowers and malcontents. That Trump is losing his shit just demonstrates why he never should have gotten the job to start with.

Why are conservatives claiming there is some type of insurrection?

Wasn't that the narrative from the MSM when regular resignations at the end of the previous President's term were treated as some revolt by the Bureaucracy?

you mean he's whining like a petulant child when the Media doesnt' give him the praise he wants.

The biggest problem is the Media SHOULD have done what it is doing now last year, and we wouldn't be in this mess now. For that matter, so should have all the civil servants who knew how deep in bed with Russia he was.

Well he saw the cock-sucking they did with Obama and maybe figured he'd get the same.

And your bringing up Russia when even the MSM seems to be dropping it shows what a hack you are.

That only applies if his orders are illegal, and they are not. Plus, what they get to do is refuse the order, and resign, not leak the order and try to subvert him. If they truly feel the strength of their convictions, do so publicly and resign or be fired.

why? Leaking stuff is more effective in stopping him.

Mark Felt (AKA Deep Throat) probably broke a shitload of laws exposing Nixon for what he was. I'm glad he did. And Trump is 100 times worse than Nixon.

Nixon actually broke laws. What you have on Trump is "He's doing things I don't like"

Again, haaaaaaaackkkkk

Forum List

Back