🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Civil Servants Foment Civil Insurrection Against Trump

It is, but the Senate map is skewed in 2018 in Republican/Trump States.

Yes it is.....I think Republicans only defend 12 seats

The only thing that can stop them from picking up seats is Trump fucking up

And it depends on the "flavor" of the fuck up. If he does everything he can to get his agenda passed, and it is stopped by outside forces, he will scream bloody murder, and ask for a more agreeable congress.

Of course Trump will never accept the blame

But he ran on repealing Obamacare, building a wall, banning Muslims, bringing back jobs to coal country and the rust belt
If he doesn't deliver by 2018, Republicans will pay the price

Not so sure. If he does try to implement what he promised and is stopped, by people on either side, he's enough of a loudmouth to gun for the people stopping him. Most times a more polished politician is stopped, they hem, they haw, but its all a show. Trump will Tweet "this guy sucks, this woman sucks, vote them out!" and it won't matter which party they belong to.

A certain percentage of the population accepts those tactics from Trump (around 42%)
The rest will ask....What have you done for me lately?

Trump ran on Obama/Hillary SUCK
Now it is his name on the line and he will have to answer for unfulfilled promises

Maybe, or he can shift it to "Congressional Dems and NeverTrump Republicans suck!"

It all depends on how much steam his populism has in 2 years.

Nice authoritarian rant. You want loyalty to a dictator.

However, civil service employee take an oath to serve the nation, not the president, so you're failing on both a moral and legal level.
The government is to be run by the president. Civil service workers must follow his directives.

Federal employees take the same oath of office as Congress, by which they swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. ... All officers of the seven Uniformed services of the United States take swear or affirm an oath of office upon commissioning.
The Oaths of Office | Two Thirds of Us

They swear to obey the lawful orders of those appointed above them as well. Leaking is a criminal activity subject to court proceedings as well as termination.
nope never took that oath....

Then you did not work for the federal government!
oh really?.....so the 33 years i worked in the PO was all just a dream?......

Nice authoritarian rant. You want loyalty to a dictator.

However, civil service employee take an oath to serve the nation, not the president, so you're failing on both a moral and legal level.
The government is to be run by the president. Civil service workers must follow his directives.

Federal employees take the same oath of office as Congress, by which they swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. ... All officers of the seven Uniformed services of the United States take swear or affirm an oath of office upon commissioning.

They swear to obey the lawful orders of those appointed above them as well. Leaking is a criminal activity subject to court proceedings as well as termination.

That is NOT The federal government, but you knew that, didn't you?

That is NOT The federal government, but you knew that, didn't you?
oh really?..if its not the federal government.....then why does just about anything it wants to do have to get congressional approval?..
who owns it?....
why is the board of governors appointed by the President?...
why was i considered a federal employee?....
why am i today on the federal employee health care program?..
was i a FEDERAL employee or not?...

This "insurrection" seems not to be legal .. :eek-52:
Mr. Trump is the Head of State and all those federal employees are his "workers".
It's like he's a general and they're his soldiers.
They have to follow Mr. Trump's instructions I guess :eusa_think:

Uh, no, actually, Trump works for us. Not the other way around.

Wrong, moron. Trump is literal the boss of all federal workers. They all report to him.

You are, of course, correct
Trump is the boss of federal employees

But not the type of boss he is used to on The Apprentice
He cannot arbitrarily fire people, he must comply with Civil Service rules

His workforce has sworn to defend the Constitution. They will obey rules and regulations even if Trump does not like them
They also have whistleblower protections if they report unlawful activity
Refusing to comply with the instructions of your boss is insubordination, a firing offense.

Nope. He's going to fire the ones who try to undermine him.

Yeah, good luck with that. He'll only be violating dozens of union agreements if he does, and will be found in contempt of court.

Hey, here's a crazy idea. Instead of worrying about leakers (most of who are his inner circle trying to undermine each other), how about actually proposing something useful.
Refusing to comply with instructions from your boss is insubordination, a firing offense.

Mr. Trump is the Head of State and all those federal employees are his "workers".

Wrong, moron. Trump is literal the boss of all federal workers. They all report to him.

You are, of course, correct
Trump is the boss of federal employees

But not the type of boss he is used to on The Apprentice
He cannot arbitrarily fire people, he must comply with Civil Service rules

His workforce has sworn to defend the Constitution. They will obey rules and regulations even if Trump does not like them
They also have whistleblower protections if they report unlawful activity
Refusing to comply with the instructions of your boss is insubordination, a firing offense.

Very true...but nobody has shown where Civil Service workers are refusing to comply with orders
It is a rightwing myth

Maybe we can say the President works for American people and federal employees work for him.
Some kind of production line
icon_aww.gif

I hope the Dems put up a fight. It will give Trump the ammo he needs to ask the people to get rid of enough senators in 2018 to give the Republicans 60.

Guy, even Ratmuffin has Trump underwater on his approval rating now. The GOP Congress has a full 70% disapproval rating. You really think people are going to vote for MORE of that in the midterms?

(Spoiler alert- the President's party almost always loses ground in midterms.)

By 2018, we are going to be in full recession, with Republicans angry that they didn't get NegroCare repealed.

Maybe we can say the President works for American people and federal employees work for him.
Some kind of production line

You can say that, but since most of us voted AGAINST Trump, and didn't want him, and he's pretty much fucking it up on us, that would be a big no.

Once again, someone has to explain to the dimwits that the popular vote does not determine the winner of the election.

You assume such oaths mean anything at all to them.

How many of them believe in God in the first place?

How many of them believe that there is a higher system of values that renders oath breaking justified?

You can say that, but since most of us voted AGAINST Trump, and didn't want him, and he's pretty much fucking it up on us, that would be a big no.
Once again, someone has to explain to the dimwits that the popular vote does not determine the winner of the election.
And I doubt that Trump lost the popular vote if you count only legit votes.
Up to five million Russians voted for Trump
chubby kim in NK says he is more popular than trump....he said trump was never voted this.....

And I doubt that Trump lost the popular vote if you count only legit votes.
Up to five million Russians voted for Trump
chubby kim in NK says he is more popular than trump....he said trump was never voted this.....

What do you expect?
Kim has a better haircut

Forum List

Back