CNBC: Democrats quickly call for tighter gun laws after Las Vegas shooting massacre

Senators, including some who once voted against an assault-weapon ban are jumping on the gun control band-wagon.

The "assault weapons" which were the target of yesterday's gun-ban advocates were not in fact assault weapons but ordinary semi-automatic sporting rifles that look like real assault weapons, the critical difference being the primary characteristic of any true assault weapon is fully automatic function. What today's (Las Vegas) shooter used is a true, fully automatic assault weapon.

While time and circumstances have caught up with and corrected a critically ignorant mistake the important point in this distinction is the true assault weapon has always been illegal. What yesterday's ignorant gun-ban advocates were calling for was a stupidly redundant effort to ban ordinary semi-automatic sporting rifles (e.g., AR-15, etc) -- which are not assault weapons.
Let's see if they only "look" like assault weapons or are easily modified to become assault weapons

The monster was firing at 600 rounds per minute. Awfully fast for a semiautomatic
Only an uninformed fool thinks ars are easily modified to shoot full auto...

Ummmmm....Guess what?

The guy used an AR type weapon with a large capacity magazine and a bump stock
The bump stock allows firing in the 400-700 rpm range

Question?
Why is this legal?

it is certainly not a machine gun nor full auto

At 400-800 rpm it might just as well be

Why does anyone legally need those firing ranges?

While time and circumstances have caught up with and corrected a critically ignorant mistake the important point in this distinction is the true assault weapon has always been illegal. What yesterday's ignorant gun-ban advocates were calling for was a stupidly redundant effort to ban ordinary semi-automatic sporting rifles (e.g., AR-15, etc) -- which are not assault weapons.

And what good reason is there for anyone to own an AR-15, which was SPECIFICALLY designed for use on a battlefield?

Gunman Had 'Bump-stock' Device That Could Speed Fire

The gunman who unleashed hundreds of rounds of gunfire on a crowd of concertgoers in Las Vegas had two "bump-stocks" that could have converted semi-automatic firearms into fully automatic ones, officials said.

The devices have attracted scrutiny in recent years from authorities.

California Sen. Dianne Feinstein has long railed against them. Several years ago, she told The Associated Press she was concerned about the emergence of new technologies that could retrofit firearms to make them fully automatic.

The device basically replaces the gun's shoulder rest, with a "support step" that covers the trigger opening. By holding the pistol grip with one hand and pushing forward on the barrel with the other, the shooter's finger comes in contact with the trigger. The recoil causes the gun to buck back and forth, "bumping" the trigger.

Technically, that means the finger is pulling the trigger for each round fired, keeping the weapon a legal semi-automatic.

"This replacement shoulder stock turns a semi-automatic rifle into a weapon that can fire at a rate of 400 to 800 rounds per minute," she said.

A semi-automatic weapon requires one trigger pull for each round fired. With a fully automatic firearm, one trigger pull can unleash continuous rounds until the magazine is empty.

Thank you.

Still not an illegal modification though.

I don't think it really would have mattered since anyone can fire 400 to 500 rounds a minute without such a device

Well first y'all said they were illegal . Now they are legal, but it's hard to get a license .

You gun nuts are a fountain of misinformation with your lies .
-------------------------------------------------- full auto or 3 round burst is only legal in Class 3 states after extensive background check . A REAL Class 3 AR15 made before [think its 1984] will cost 15 - 20 thousand dollars while a regular real semi auto AR15 will cost 7 to 15 hundred dollars Timmy . -------------------------- just some info for you , i think its correct Timmy .

And what good reason is there for anyone to own an AR-15, which was SPECIFICALLY designed for use on a battlefield?

Still trying to tell me that an AR 15 is completely different than my Ruger Mini 14 which is functionally exactly the same as an AR 15

Senators, including some who once voted against an assault-weapon ban are jumping on the gun control band-wagon.

The "assault weapons" which were the target of yesterday's gun-ban advocates were not in fact assault weapons but ordinary semi-automatic sporting rifles that look like real assault weapons, the critical difference being the primary characteristic of any true assault weapon is fully automatic function. What today's (Las Vegas) shooter used is a true, fully automatic assault weapon.

Let's see if they only "look" like assault weapons or are easily modified to become assault weapons

The monster was firing at 600 rounds per minute. Awfully fast for a semiautomatic

Ummmmm....Guess what?

Question?
Why is this legal?

however it is not

i think your off on the working rate of fire btw

full auto is not that great of choice to use anyhow

So....what do we know this morning?

The shooter did not have a machine gun. He had a semi-automatic rifle with what is called a bump stock device which allows firing in the 400-700 rpm range. He also had large capacity magazines to allow lengthy burst rates

So.....everything was perfectly legal and he had the tools he needed to rain down hell on thousands of concert goers

Now, gun lovers
Explain why you need these things
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 2nd Amendment RIGHTS need no explanation as the Second Amendment is an Americans RIGHT RWinger !!

Last edited:

Ummmmm....Guess what?

Question?
Why is this legal?

however it is not

Seemed to work okay for Paddock.

Nope. In NV they are perfectly legal.

Assault weapons and machine guns in Nevada
Unless legally prohibited from possessing a firearm, people in Nevada 18 years of age and older may possess any kind of guns other than machine guns.4 This includes all semi-automatic firearms, including those with a detachable magazine and pistol grip.
Well, I guess this whole line of argument is now moot, since my local paper this morning reported that Paddock had MODIFIED two of his semi's to full auto. According to one account last night, it caused the guns to smoke so much it set off the fire alarms in his room, letting the police know exactly which room he was in.
I'd love to know what the explosives were about. The only one I've heard identified was a fertilizer product that CAN be used to create explosives, but since he's in real estate, maybe he was trying to start a lawn somewhere.
It is ILLEGAL to modify semiauto firearms to fire on full auto as well.

Unless legally prohibited from possessing a firearm, people in Nevada 18 years of age and older may possess any kind of guns other than machine guns.4 This includes all semi-automatic firearms, including those with a detachable magazine and pistol grip.
Well, I guess this whole line of argument is now moot, since my local paper this morning reported that Paddock had MODIFIED two of his semi's to full auto. According to one account last night, it caused the guns to smoke so much it set off the fire alarms in his room, letting the police know exactly which room he was in.
I'd love to know what the explosives were about. The only one I've heard identified was a fertilizer product that CAN be used to create explosives, but since he's in real estate, maybe he was trying to start a lawn somewhere.

post the link

i still bet it was not full auto

Ummmmm....Guess what?

Question?
Why is this legal?

however it is not

Seemed to work okay for Paddock.

no not really

i think that bump stock devices are perfectly legal , i think that 'batf' says so RWinger !!

http://www.slidefire.com/

Bump firing is a well-established capability that uses the recoil of a semi-automatic firearm to fire multiple shots in rapid succession. The patented Slide Fire® rifle stock allows shooters to safely and accurately bump fire their rifles without compromising safety and accuracy.

The Slide Fire® stock is fun, exciting and entertaining. As always, practice safe firearm procedures when using any firearm. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has approved the Slide Fire stock where firearms are legal. Our patented technology allows for an alternate shooting technique whereby safe, reliable rapid fire is possible.

aCapture.PNG

post the link

After reading more of the posts, I'm sure they were referring to the bump thingy. Whether or not it was "full auto" in a technical sense, it sure as hell worked like a fully automatic weapon.

Gunman Had 'Bump-stock' Device That Could Speed Fire

The gunman who unleashed hundreds of rounds of gunfire on a crowd of concertgoers in Las Vegas had two "bump-stocks" that could have converted semi-automatic firearms into fully automatic ones, officials said.

The devices have attracted scrutiny in recent years from authorities.

California Sen. Dianne Feinstein has long railed against them. Several years ago, she told The Associated Press she was concerned about the emergence of new technologies that could retrofit firearms to make them fully automatic.

The device basically replaces the gun's shoulder rest, with a "support step" that covers the trigger opening. By holding the pistol grip with one hand and pushing forward on the barrel with the other, the shooter's finger comes in contact with the trigger. The recoil causes the gun to buck back and forth, "bumping" the trigger.

Technically, that means the finger is pulling the trigger for each round fired, keeping the weapon a legal semi-automatic.

"This replacement shoulder stock turns a semi-automatic rifle into a weapon that can fire at a rate of 400 to 800 rounds per minute," she said.

A semi-automatic weapon requires one trigger pull for each round fired. With a fully automatic firearm, one trigger pull can unleash continuous rounds until the magazine is empty.

Thank you.

Still not an illegal modification though.

I don't think it really would have mattered since anyone can fire 400 to 500 rounds a minute without such a device

If you have a weapon that can fire 400-500 rpm without modification, we need to look at banning those weapons as well as the devices

Bump firing is a well-established capability that uses the recoil of a semi-automatic firearm to fire multiple shots in rapid succession. The patented Slide Fire® rifle stock allows shooters to safely and accurately bump fire their rifles without compromising safety and accuracy.

The Slide Fire® stock is fun, exciting and entertaining. As always, practice safe firearm procedures when using any firearm. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has approved the Slide Fire stock where firearms are legal. Our patented technology allows for an alternate shooting technique whereby safe, reliable rapid fire is possible.

View attachment 152511

like this is some sort of "news" to a gun guy

--LOL

a much better system is the binary trigger

takes some getting used to

post the link

After reading more of the posts, I'm sure they were referring to the bump thingy. Whether or not it was "full auto" in a technical sense, it sure as hell worked like a fully automatic weapon.

"wink" "wink"
This is not an automatic weapon

View attachment 152511

like this is some sort of "news" to a gun guy

--LOL

a much better system is the binary trigger

takes some getting used to

Evidently, the shooter in Vegas was very familiar with them

Now, why does anyone need these firing ranges outside of shooting up a concert or maybe a classroom full of small children?

post the link

thanks

there is a big difference between full auto and a bump fire

however it sounded to me at least that he used a binary trigger

No, the Ferguson effect is from a bunch of lowlifes that rioted because they are too uneducated to understand our laws. That made our police timid in being proactive in crime. Sure, the will come out if called, but if they see a drug deal go down, or a suspicious person, they now just leave them alone. I've seen it in my city several times.

darn straight. Oh, what dark times we live in when cops can't shoot jaywalkers and children playing with toys.

No, more like what dark times we live in when evil has the control over the good.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back