CNN Now Warns Unemployment Is “Too Low” As Trump Administration Follows Through

Hello. We have newspapers. The reporters report on major accidents, because so many of their readers want to know why they were stuck in traffic so long.
And those newspapers said the drivers were lying about why their loads came loose?

They didn't accuse the drivers of anything. They showed pictures of the load strewn across the highway (sometimes into oncoming traffic) and a statement from the driver that his load was properly tied down.

There is only so much one can do to secure some loads. If you turn over a truck, nothing will stop some of that freight from spilling out onto the road.

One of our customers has us haul paper sheets. The put a couple thousands sheets on a pallet, shrink wrap it, strap it down with plastic straps, and after they load us, the only thing we can do is put a load lock across the back of it.

If I ever turned over my truck and it broke open the trailer, you would have a highway full of these paper sheets for a half mile after they got done being blown around. Or let's say you are hauling bottled liquid like beer or pop. There is only so much you can do to secure that.

CNN Now Warns Unemployment Is “Too Low” As Trump Administration Follows Through

--LOL

no wonder they are tanking

--LOL

The chart says it all......CNN is VERY FAKE NEWS

2017.07.06%20-%20CNN5_0.jpg

no matter how the leftists dress it up

their ideas and agenda is not popular

with the average American

They didn't accuse the drivers of anything. They showed pictures of the load strewn across the highway (sometimes into oncoming traffic) and a statement from the driver that his load was properly tied down.
So how do you know it wasn't?

Drivers often cited DOT regulations not requiring stronger attachments. So I find it funny when someone complains about his company wanting to exceed DOT regs for safety. Or that DOT regs are a drain on the industry.

I've never heard that complaint by one driver, and of course, when I read a story about a truck accident, I read the entire thing.

The government goes way overboard when making regulations. The thing is these are college kids trying to prove they actually work for a living, and none of them have ever done the job before to know anything about it.

It's kind of like the CDL driving test. What they say is that if you are stopped on the shoulder of a highway, you are to start moving and immediately get onto the highway instead of getting some speed up to merge back on. Now you tell me what sense that makes.

So you have a heavy truck that is barely moving in the right lane and traffic is coming at you between 60 and 75 mph. It's almost like driving up to a concrete wall. What idiot thought of that maneuver? Well......somebody that never did the job before, that's who.

I was driving a 3/4 ton chevy with a 30' goose neck and doing about 30-35 when a 1 ton tuck ran a red light. It took them 45 minutes to cut me out of the truck

So your trailer wasn't actually directly involved in the crash. Your truck was T-boned into a hard right, and the trailer fishtailed to a stop.

Are you not paying attention, the trailer was totaled also, he didn't hit me, I hit him. My truck collapsed enough that the emergency break pedal was on the corner of my seat. Some pieces of my truck were left on the road, but not the load, I know how to secure a load. During my driving career both civilian and military I've hauled mobile homes, heavy equipment up to a D6 dozer and oil field equipment. Never lost anything form them.

So how do you know it wasn't?

Drivers often cited DOT regulations not requiring stronger attachments. So I find it funny when someone complains about his company wanting to exceed DOT regs for safety. Or that DOT regs are a drain on the industry.

It wasn't my company, it was the customers trying to micromanage everything. The people that were insisting on the changes never tied a load down in their life.

It's kind of like the CDL driving test. What they say is that if you are stopped on the shoulder of a highway, you are to start moving and immediately get onto the highway instead of getting some speed up to merge back on. Now you tell me what sense that makes. .

Because shoulders aren't designed for driving on. In NY half the shoulders require climbing over a curb onto dirt grass or gravel. That's why DOT also says to slow down on the highway first, before getting onto the shoulder. In both cases you enter or leave the shoulder at slow speed.

That makes sense to me.

I was driving a 3/4 ton chevy with a 30' goose neck and doing about 30-35 when a 1 ton tuck ran a red light. It took them 45 minutes to cut me out of the truck
Are you not paying attention, the trailer was totaled also, he didn't hit me, I hit him. My truck collapsed enough that the emergency break pedal was on the corner of my seat. Some pieces of my truck were left on the road, but not the load, I know how to secure a load. During my driving career both civilian and military I've hauled mobile homes, heavy equipment up to a D6 dozer and oil field equipment. Never lost anything form them.

From a 35 mph crash into another vehicle?

6a00d83451b3c669e201348978d407970c-800wi

First Pickup Trucks Crash-Tested by NHTSA Under New 5-Star Safety Rating System - PickupTrucks.com News
news.pickuptrucks.com560 × 350Search by image
First Pickup Trucks Crash-Tested by NHTSA Under New 5-Star Safety Rating System

Unemployment too low. Stock market too high. Too much winning is bad for you sez the perpetual losers.
Actually, there is a correction coming. You have two years, best case to get out. I'm selling soon. I'll buy later. There is a ten year predictive curve you can apply.
The Right have been predicting a "double dip" the entire Obama recovery.

From a 35 mph crash into another vehicle?

6a00d83451b3c669e201348978d407970c-800wi

First Pickup Trucks Crash-Tested by NHTSA Under New 5-Star Safety Rating System - PickupTrucks.com News
news.pickuptrucks.com560 × 350Search by image
First Pickup Trucks Crash-Tested by NHTSA Under New 5-Star Safety Rating System

Put a 10,000 load behind it and try again. You're just not very smart, are ya?

It's kind of like the CDL driving test. What they say is that if you are stopped on the shoulder of a highway, you are to start moving and immediately get onto the highway instead of getting some speed up to merge back on. Now you tell me what sense that makes. .

Because shoulders aren't designed for driving on. In NY half the shoulders require climbing over a curb onto dirt grass or gravel. That's why DOT also says to slow down on the highway first, before getting onto the shoulder. In both cases you enter or leave the shoulder at slow speed.

That makes sense to me.

It doesn't make sense here because the shoulders are clear and you can get up some speed first instead of just getting on a highway from a dead stop. I don't know if you were ever in a situation where you were driving at a high rate of speed, came up on a vehicle that was barely moving, and there is nowhere to go because you have traffic to the left of you and not enough time to signal and try to get out. You're only choice is to come to a screeching halt; especially if that happens around a curve and you can't see more than a quarter mile in front of you.

The right also said instead of things like the stimulus, we should follow Britains cuts in deficit spending. As the two policies diverged, with the US following Obama, and Britain trying to cut deficits.

Britain went into a double dip recession. And the US did not.

Unemployment too low. Stock market too high. Too much winning is bad for you sez the perpetual losers.
Actually, there is a correction coming. You have two years, best case to get out. I'm selling soon. I'll buy later. There is a ten year predictive curve you can apply.
From a historical perspective, I'd love to see a nice, fat correction of 15% to 22% or so.

All kinds of political bullshit would be flying about it, of course, but we're badly overdue. I've been saying that since early 2016, when it looked like we might have one.

Corrections are like breathing, an important part of the process, and they don't necessarily have to correspond to a recession or big economic slowdown.

Put a 10,000 load behind it and try again. You're just not very smart, are ya?

That's a crash into a barrier, which is 60% worse than hitting another vehicle horizontally. The sort of damage you described requires a head on driver to driver side impact. Or as I first predicted a T-bone into the driver side of your vehicle. The sort of damage you describe, at the speeds you describe aren't supported by any crash test data.

Because shoulders aren't designed for driving on. In NY half the shoulders require climbing over a curb onto dirt grass or gravel. That's why DOT also says to slow down on the highway first, before getting onto the shoulder. .

It doesn't make sense here because the shoulders are clear and you can get up some speed first instead of just getting on a highway from a dead stop. I don't know if you were ever in a situation where you were driving at a high rate of speed, came up on a vehicle that was barely moving, and there is nowhere to go because you have traffic to the left of you and not enough time to signal and try to get out. You're only choice is to come to a screeching halt; especially if that happens around a curve and you can't see more than a quarter mile in front of you.

Then instead of attacking DOT rules, you should advocate they be STATE specifric. Because half the states have shoulders too dangerous to drive on at high speed.

In Texas, a driver can drive on an improved shoulder to the right of the roadway if it is necessary and safe to do so, but only: To stop, stand, or park. To accelerate before entering the main traveled lane of traffic.May 20, 2014

Last edited:
Because shoulders aren't designed for driving on. In NY half the shoulders require climbing over a curb onto dirt grass or gravel. That's why DOT also says to slow down on the highway first, before getting onto the shoulder. .

Then instead of attacking DOT rules, you should advocate they be STATE specifric. Because half the states have shoulders too dangerous to drive on at high speed.

In Texas, a driver can drive on an improved shoulder to the right of the roadway if it is necessary and safe to do so, but only: To stop, stand, or park. To accelerate before entering the main traveled lane of traffic.May 20, 2014

Everything with trucking is federal. There is only one CDL test and one set of CDL rules, so it can't be separated by state. Plus you only have one license when you get a CDL.

If you and I are at a bar and we both have three beers, get in our cars and drive into a sobriety check point, they will test you and tell you to drive home carefully. Me, they can haul off to jail and charge me with a DUI because I have a CDL. It doesn't matter if I'm driving my car or truck, by CDL laws, I'm considered impaired after one beer. It sucks.

Forum List

Back