CNN Now Warns Unemployment Is “Too Low” As Trump Administration Follows Through

I think young people would be better off going to trade schools. We all cringe when we get the bills from our mechanics, plumbers, electricians, etc. You're going to make a lot more money that way then you would after being indoctrinated. Obama told students not to go for the money and think about community organizing (agitating) instead. That seems to be the goal of colleges these days.

Yep, heard a guy that owns a plumbing company, on local radio the other day, that wants to expand, he can't find qualified people to do the work.

I have a friend in Rapid City, SD who is an oil speculator. He says that oil fields in SD, ND, OK and TX, to name a few states, can't find drivers because they can't pass drug tests.

Been there done that, the oil companies want to micromanage "independent truckers". Safe and legal isn't a good enough standard for them. I had no problems with the drug tests, I got fed up with the BS after 6.5 years. You have to be on drugs to put up with it.

DOT regs on hazardous material transportation are brutal and the insurance companies are demanding every protection keeping them from having to pay out. The companies are being beat to death just trying to meet all the demands placed on them.
Most of the new DOT regs are designed to place pressure on smaller carriers. Lots of consolidation going on in the trucking biz.

I know the company I was lease to was bought out by some outfit in NY, they bought several local companies. Of course all they bought was the administrative offices, all the trucks were leased owner operator, they had no equipment.

I had no problem with the DOT regs and I didn't haul hazmat. The last load I hauled was Fourchon, LA to Houston. The load was two aluminum tool boxes, they were empty and weighed about 500 pounds each. The oil company wouldn't let me secure them with with 2 2" straps each, with a working load rating of 3300 pounds each. They required everything be secured with 4" straps. I'd used 2" on similar loads for more than 6 years, someone in the safety office at the company was just making up crap to justify their job.

Car Crash Example

For the car crash scenario where a car stops in 1 foot from a speed of 30 mi/hr, what is the force on the driver?

• Deceleration = 967 ft/s2 = 294 m/s2 = 30 g's
Your 500 lb boxes,would become 15,000 lb projectiles. in a crash, hence the 4 inch strap requirements. It's not just holding things in place while cruising, but what happens when slammng on the brakes, or worst case an accident.

I had no problem with the DOT regs and I didn't haul hazmat. The last load I hauled was Fourchon, LA to Houston. The load was two aluminum tool boxes, they were empty and weighed about 500 pounds each. The oil company wouldn't let me secure them with with 2 2" straps each, with a working load rating of 3300 pounds each. They required everything be secured with 4" straps. I'd used 2" on similar loads for more than 6 years, someone in the safety office at the company was just making up crap to justify their job.

Car Crash Example

For the car crash scenario where a car stops in 1 foot from a speed of 30 mi/hr, what is the force on the driver?

Your 500 lb boxes,would become 15,000 lb projectiles. in a crash, hence the 4 inch strap requirements. It's not just holding things in place while cruising, but what happens when slammng on the brakes, or worst case an accident.

A four inch strap won't do much more than a two inch strap; neither will break in a sudden stop.

CNN: "TOO MUCH WIN, WE ARE EXHAUSTED!"

It didn't take long for them to get tired of winning.

Since unemployment is this low and we're still not seeing significantly increased economic strength, it's not a stretch to theorize that there is still a lot of underemployment out there.

So, neither Obama's nor Trump's sycophants have a great deal to crow about in this area.

I think young people would be better off going to trade schools. We all cringe when we get the bills from our mechanics, plumbers, electricians, etc. You're going to make a lot more money that way then you would after being indoctrinated. Obama told students not to go for the money and think about community organizing (agitating) instead. That seems to be the goal of colleges these days.

Yep, heard a guy that owns a plumbing company, on local radio the other day, that wants to expand, he can't find qualified people to do the work.

I have a friend in Rapid City, SD who is an oil speculator. He says that oil fields in SD, ND, OK and TX, to name a few states, can't find drivers because they can't pass drug tests.

Been there done that, the oil companies want to micromanage "independent truckers". Safe and legal isn't a good enough standard for them. I had no problems with the drug tests, I got fed up with the BS after 6.5 years. You have to be on drugs to put up with it.

DOT regs on hazardous material transportation are brutal and the insurance companies are demanding every protection keeping them from having to pay out. The companies are being beat to death just trying to meet all the demands placed on them.
Most of the new DOT regs are designed to place pressure on smaller carriers. Lots of consolidation going on in the trucking biz.

We lease through Penske, and they keep us on top of all the new fetishes of DOT cops. Their new thing is to check for spare fuses. If you don't have spare fuses in the cab, you're going to get written up. It's completely stupid.

Since unemployment is this low and we're still not seeing significantly increased economic strength, it's not a stretch to theorize that there is still a lot of underemployment out there.

So, neither Obama's nor Trump's sycophants have a great deal to crow about in this area.

You people want everything to happen overnight. Leftists have been asking why Trump hasn't done this or hasn't done that since his first week in office.

Everything takes time including the economy which works like a set of dominos. Democrats have vowed to do everything in their power to keep illegals coming here, so it's still a fight with them. But once illegals dry up and we have more of a labor shortage, you will see better wages.

Car Crash Example

Well child, if you knew anything about securing loads you'd know the working load of a 4" strap is 5000 pounds. BTW I was in a crash that totaled my truck and trailer, nothing on the trailer or truck wound up on the road, everything stayed in place with 2" straps.

Trumps 6 month job growth because of the huge june jobs reports, was able to match Obamas 2016 average.

You people want everything to happen overnight. Leftists have been asking why Trump hasn't done this or hasn't done that since his first week in office.

Everything takes time including the economy which works like a set of dominos. Democrats have vowed to do everything in their power to keep illegals coming here, so it's still a fight with them. But once illegals dry up and we have more of a labor shortage, you will see better wages.
Nothing happens overnight when it comes to the economy, and there's myriad domestic and international currents playing a role.

It's the people who attribute everything to the letter after the name of the President who don't have an informed view.

We lease through Penske, and they keep us on top of all the new fetishes of DOT cops. Their new thing is to check for spare fuses. If you don't have spare fuses in the cab, you're going to get written up. It's completely stupid.

I carry spare fuses for my car.

Since unemployment is this low and we're still not seeing significantly increased economic strength, it's not a stretch to theorize that there is still a lot of underemployment out there. So, neither Obama's nor Trump's sycophants have a great deal to crow about in this area.
Trumps 6 month job growth because of the huge june jobs reports, was able to match Obamas 2016 average.
And?

I maintained a full complement of spare fuses and relays when I drove, in fact I still have them in the truck and haven't driven commercially for 7 years.

Well child, if you knew anything about securing loads you'd know the working load of a 4" strap is 5000 pounds. BTW I was in a crash that totaled my truck and trailer, nothing on the trailer or truck wound up on the road, everything stayed in place with 2" straps.

How fast was the crash, what did you crash into. I've seen loads thrown about the highway, sometimes killing incoming drivers because they weren't tied down with big enough chains or straps. Saying your company requires more restraint than you feel is necessary is like when Ford said the gas tanks of the Pinto were o.k. in a crash.

Many "un-named sources" say............IF they had more Plumbers, Electricians, Welders etc. They could use them now.

Yep, like 6 million of them. The government halls of indoctrination are telling students these jobs are not good ones, when they actually pay more than most college graduates will be earning.

Nationwide prob for entire industry

A four inch strap won't do much more than a two inch strap; neither will break in a sudden stop.

What about in an accident?

Seat belts are sized based on accidents, not on sudden stops.

Nothing happens overnight when it comes to the economy, and there's myriad domestic and international currents playing a role.

It's the people who attribute everything to the letter after the name of the President who don't have an informed view.

Wrong. The economy improves when consumer confidence and business confidence go up. When consumers feel comfortable about spending, they start to spend. When business feels confident about their future, they produce.

Nobody is going to go out and buy a new car if they're not sure they'll have a job in a year or two. Businesses don't expand or invest if they suspect that government or some other major cost is going to come down the road that they will have to deal with.

Thanks to fracking, we can rest assure that fuel prices will remain in the area they are in now. Trump is a pro-business guy which is the exact opposite of Obama, and it doesn't matter what letter he has next to his name.

How fast was the crash, what did you crash into. I've seen loads thrown about the highway, sometimes killing incoming drivers because they weren't tied down with big enough chains or straps. Saying your company requires more restraint than you feel is necessary is like when Ford said the gas tanks of the Pinto were o.k. in a crash.

I do local deliveries and two 500 lbs boxes is almost considered being empty. You'd never know they were on there by the way the truck pulls. If I had that kind of load (and I do get similar loads) I wouldn't secure them with anything. The only possible way for them to leave the trailer is if I flip over or something.

I remember when Pelosi was yelling at Bush, asking him where the jobs were when the unemployment rate was 4.5%. Apparently, the left thinks the only acceptable rate is 4.4% because now that it's 4.3%, they are upset because it's too low.

And the fact that employers will raise wages on their own to keep people is also bad. As far as the people needed for the new jobs being created (another positive thing), perhaps we can get those people rioting in the streets to get a real job. Probably will pay better than what Soros is paying them now. Or companies can hire those able bodied people who are tired of waiting for government to hand them a life.

There is just no pleasing the left.

"CNN found analysts to explain this mind-boggling narrative;

“Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist at MUFG Union Bank in New York, notes that when the economy reaches full employment, that means there aren’t enough people out of work to find new jobs. And if employers can’t find more workers that they might need, they have to raise wages to retain their existing workers. This sounds great though, right? Why is it a problem of people are getting bigger paychecks? True, but the problem is that it will be harder for the economy to grow a faster pace if the number of new jobs added starts to slow.”

If you are still confused, you aren’t alone. They found a second expert to further unravel the mystery;
“‘I would say that full employment could present a headwind to the future pace of economic growth,’ says Sam Bullard, senior economist at Wells Fargo. ‘Firms continue to point out they’re having difficulty finding qualified labor.’”

They go on to explain that in 2001 when unemployment was this low, the U.S. went into a “brief recession.” But of course, things were much better back then all around, at least if you believe the left-wing dribble coming from the purveyor of fake news.

CNN Now Warns Unemployment Is "Too Low" As Trump Administration Follows Through
Economically, the biggest pitfall with "full employment " is inflation. Of course, we are nowhere near real full employment. Plenty of able bodied people are sitting at home defrauding taxpayers collecting DI.
Inflation is caused by the government printing money. Full employment doesn't cause it. although the later is sometimes a temporary symptom of the former.

Forum List

Back