CNN Now Warns Unemployment Is “Too Low” As Trump Administration Follows Through

I remember when Pelosi was yelling at Bush, asking him where the jobs were when the unemployment rate was 4.5%. Apparently, the left thinks the only acceptable rate is 4.4% because now that it's 4.3%, they are upset because it's too low.

And the fact that employers will raise wages on their own to keep people is also bad. As far as the people needed for the new jobs being created (another positive thing), perhaps we can get those people rioting in the streets to get a real job. Probably will pay better than what Soros is paying them now. Or companies can hire those able bodied people who are tired of waiting for government to hand them a life.

There is just no pleasing the left.

"CNN found analysts to explain this mind-boggling narrative;

“Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist at MUFG Union Bank in New York, notes that when the economy reaches full employment, that means there aren’t enough people out of work to find new jobs. And if employers can’t find more workers that they might need, they have to raise wages to retain their existing workers. This sounds great though, right? Why is it a problem of people are getting bigger paychecks? True, but the problem is that it will be harder for the economy to grow a faster pace if the number of new jobs added starts to slow.”

If you are still confused, you aren’t alone. They found a second expert to further unravel the mystery;
“‘I would say that full employment could present a headwind to the future pace of economic growth,’ says Sam Bullard, senior economist at Wells Fargo. ‘Firms continue to point out they’re having difficulty finding qualified labor.’”

They go on to explain that in 2001 when unemployment was this low, the U.S. went into a “brief recession.” But of course, things were much better back then all around, at least if you believe the left-wing dribble coming from the purveyor of fake news.

CNN Now Warns Unemployment Is "Too Low" As Trump Administration Follows Through

What a dishonest representation of what CNN said.

Comical!!
The only people who are dishonest are you liberals. Y'all just need to move over and shut up. Then the adults can fix the problems your chocolate Jesus created.

Did you bother to go to the CNN page?

I remember when Pelosi was yelling at Bush, asking him where the jobs were when the unemployment rate was 4.5%. Apparently, the left thinks the only acceptable rate is 4.4% because now that it's 4.3%, they are upset because it's too low.

And the fact that employers will raise wages on their own to keep people is also bad. As far as the people needed for the new jobs being created (another positive thing), perhaps we can get those people rioting in the streets to get a real job. Probably will pay better than what Soros is paying them now. Or companies can hire those able bodied people who are tired of waiting for government to hand them a life.

“Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist at MUFG Union Bank in New York, notes that when the economy reaches full employment, that means there aren’t enough people out of work to find new jobs. And if employers can’t find more workers that they might need, they have to raise wages to retain their existing workers. This sounds great though, right? Why is it a problem of people are getting bigger paychecks? True, but the problem is that it will be harder for the economy to grow a faster pace if the number of new jobs added starts to slow.”

If you are still confused, you aren’t alone. They found a second expert to further unravel the mystery;
“‘I would say that full employment could present a headwind to the future pace of economic growth,’ says Sam Bullard, senior economist at Wells Fargo. ‘Firms continue to point out they’re having difficulty finding qualified labor.’”

They go on to explain that in 2001 when unemployment was this low, the U.S. went into a “brief recession.” But of course, things were much better back then all around, at least if you believe the left-wing dribble coming from the purveyor of fake news.

Comical!!
The only people who are dishonest are you liberals. Y'all just need to move over and shut up. Then the adults can fix the problems your chocolate Jesus created.

Why they are a dishonest joke. They have proven they have no credibility left.

Comical!!

So, you're calling CNN dishonest but didn't bother to read the entire article? Truly, you're touched.

Comical!!

So, you're calling CNN dishonest but didn't bother to read the entire article? Truly, you're touched.
They are a joke, a children's station has better ratings than them. Lol, the left leaning media rule is over!

Comical!!

They are a joke, a children's station has better ratings than them. Lol, the left leaning media rule is over!

Hey, you already proved my point, you're worthless to me now.

None of you loons will believe anything that comes from a conservative news site, CNN has proven to be bias.

None of you loons will believe anything that comes from a conservative news site, CNN has proven to be bias.

The thread is about the merits of a CNN article but you won't bother to read it for yourself. How is it that you can't figure that out?

The thread is about the merits of a CNN article but you won't bother to read it for yourself. How is it that you can't figure that out?
CNN has proven they will lie and produce anything to make Trump look bad. They are a joke.

CNN has proven they will lie and produce anything to make Trump look bad. They are a joke.

Yeah, kid, you're a broken record at this point, an uninformed, warped broken record.

/----- In The 1980s the UE was so low employers offered $3,000 signing bonuses to get workers at fast food joints. The managers at McDonalds would hang out at Burger King to recruit workers as they came off their shift. Thank Ronald Reagan.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I wonder how many people in America can't pass a drug test? That's where the unemployment is.
There are other factors as well.

For example, despite my good track record as a software engineer, I cannot find employment in said profession due to the disdain corporate HR departments have for older Americans with health issues.

Many "un-named sources" say............IF they had more Plumbers, Electricians, Welders etc. They could use them now.

Yep, like 6 million of them. The government halls of indoctrination are telling students these jobs are not good ones, when they actually pay more than most college graduates will be earning.

I think young people would be better off going to trade schools. We all cringe when we get the bills from our mechanics, plumbers, electricians, etc. You're going to make a lot more money that way then you would after being indoctrinated. Obama told students not to go for the money and think about community organizing (agitating) instead. That seems to be the goal of colleges these days.

Yep, heard a guy that owns a plumbing company, on local radio the other day, that wants to expand, he can't find qualified people to do the work.

I have a friend in Rapid City, SD who is an oil speculator. He says that oil fields in SD, ND, OK and TX, to name a few states, can't find drivers because they can't pass drug tests.

Been there done that, the oil companies want to micromanage "independent truckers". Safe and legal isn't a good enough standard for them. I had no problems with the drug tests, I got fed up with the BS after 6.5 years. You have to be on drugs to put up with it.

DOT regs on hazardous material transportation are brutal and the insurance companies are demanding every protection keeping them from having to pay out. The companies are being beat to death just trying to meet all the demands placed on them.

Yep, like 6 million of them. The government halls of indoctrination are telling students these jobs are not good ones, when they actually pay more than most college graduates will be earning.

I think young people would be better off going to trade schools. We all cringe when we get the bills from our mechanics, plumbers, electricians, etc. You're going to make a lot more money that way then you would after being indoctrinated. Obama told students not to go for the money and think about community organizing (agitating) instead. That seems to be the goal of colleges these days.

Yep, heard a guy that owns a plumbing company, on local radio the other day, that wants to expand, he can't find qualified people to do the work.

I have a friend in Rapid City, SD who is an oil speculator. He says that oil fields in SD, ND, OK and TX, to name a few states, can't find drivers because they can't pass drug tests.

Been there done that, the oil companies want to micromanage "independent truckers". Safe and legal isn't a good enough standard for them. I had no problems with the drug tests, I got fed up with the BS after 6.5 years. You have to be on drugs to put up with it.

DOT regs on hazardous material transportation are brutal and the insurance companies are demanding every protection keeping them from having to pay out. The companies are being beat to death just trying to meet all the demands placed on them.

The regulations get worse every year. It's to the point I'm sorry I took this line of work.

When I hear of a DOT cop sitting somewhere, I always try to travel with a HAZ-MAT vehicle or dump truck. If the officer comes after one of us, it won't be me.

I had no problem with the DOT regs and I didn't haul hazmat. The last load I hauled was Fourchon, LA to Houston. The load was two aluminum tool boxes, they were empty and weighed about 500 pounds each. The oil company wouldn't let me secure them with with 2 2" straps each, with a working load rating of 3300 pounds each. They required everything be secured with 4" straps. I'd used 2" on similar loads for more than 6 years, someone in the safety office at the company was just making up crap to justify their job.

Last edited:

Comical!!
Which quote was inaccurate?

Most of the new DOT regs are designed to place pressure on smaller carriers. Lots of consolidation going on in the trucking biz.

Forum List

Back