CNN Now Warns Unemployment Is “Too Low” As Trump Administration Follows Through

I have a friend in Rapid City, SD who is an oil speculator. He says that oil fields in SD, ND, OK and TX, to name a few states, can't find drivers because they can't pass drug tests.

Been there done that, the oil companies want to micromanage "independent truckers". Safe and legal isn't a good enough standard for them. I had no problems with the drug tests, I got fed up with the BS after 6.5 years. You have to be on drugs to put up with it.

DOT regs on hazardous material transportation are brutal and the insurance companies are demanding every protection keeping them from having to pay out. The companies are being beat to death just trying to meet all the demands placed on them.
Most of the new DOT regs are designed to place pressure on smaller carriers. Lots of consolidation going on in the trucking biz.

We lease through Penske, and they keep us on top of all the new fetishes of DOT cops. Their new thing is to check for spare fuses. If you don't have spare fuses in the cab, you're going to get written up. It's completely stupid.

I maintained a full complement of spare fuses and relays when I drove, in fact I still have them in the truck and haven't driven commercially for 7 years.

I've been doing this 25 years and never had to replace a fuse. If something goes wrong, I take it to the shop and let them mess with it. It should be drivers option and not a requirement that they can write you up on.

Well child, if you knew anything about securing loads you'd know the working load of a 4" strap is 5000 pounds. BTW I was in a crash that totaled my truck and trailer, nothing on the trailer or truck wound up on the road, everything stayed in place with 2" straps.

How fast was the crash, what did you crash into. I've seen loads thrown about the highway, sometimes killing incoming drivers because they weren't tied down with big enough chains or straps. Saying your company requires more restraint than you feel is necessary is like when Ford said the gas tanks of the Pinto were o.k. in a crash.

I was driving a 3/4 ton chevy with a 30' goose neck and doing about 30-35 when a 1 ton tuck ran a red light. It took them 45 minutes to cut me out of the truck, I spent a total of 26 days in the hospital between surgery for a broken hip and subsequent infection. Like they said on Dukes of Hazards, it was a horrendous crash.

I do local deliveries and two 500 lbs boxes is almost considered being empty. You'd never know they were on there by the way the truck pulls. If I had that kind of load (and I do get similar loads) I wouldn't secure them with anything. The only possible way for them to leave the trailer is if I flip over or something.

I'm in NY, and the highways are constantly snarled with traffic because of truck accidents. So I know a thing or two about trucks losing their loads. And the drivers always claim they didn't suspect their load would break loose.

It's not the accident, but the cleanup that takes hours.

I was driving a 3/4 ton chevy with a 30' goose neck and doing about 30-35 when a 1 ton tuck ran a red light. It took them 45 minutes to cut me out of the truck

So your trailer wasn't actually directly involved in the crash. Your truck was T-boned into a hard right, and the trailer fishtailed to a stop.

I do local deliveries and two 500 lbs boxes is almost considered being empty. You'd never know they were on there by the way the truck pulls. If I had that kind of load (and I do get similar loads) I wouldn't secure them with anything. The only possible way for them to leave the trailer is if I flip over or something.

I'm in NY, and the highways are constantly snarled with traffic because of truck accidents. So I know a thing or two about trucks losing their loads. And the drivers always claim they didn't suspect their load would break loose.

It's not the accident, but the cleanup that takes hours.
How do you know what the drivers claim? If they suspected their loads were going to break loose, don't you think they would have stopped and corrected the problem, or do you imagine a drivers wants to have a great big black mark on his driving record?

Well child, if you knew anything about securing loads you'd know the working load of a 4" strap is 5000 pounds. BTW I was in a crash that totaled my truck and trailer, nothing on the trailer or truck wound up on the road, everything stayed in place with 2" straps.

How fast was the crash, what did you crash into. I've seen loads thrown about the highway, sometimes killing incoming drivers because they weren't tied down with big enough chains or straps. Saying your company requires more restraint than you feel is necessary is like when Ford said the gas tanks of the Pinto were o.k. in a crash.

I drove a hot shot rig with a flat bed trailer, everything was tied down.

How do you know what the drivers claim? If they suspected their loads were going to break loose, don't you think they would have stopped and corrected the problem, or do you imagine a drivers wants to have a great big black mark on his driving record?

Hello. We have newspapers. The reporters report on major accidents, because so many of their readers want to know why they were stuck in traffic so long.

Been there done that, the oil companies want to micromanage "independent truckers". Safe and legal isn't a good enough standard for them. I had no problems with the drug tests, I got fed up with the BS after 6.5 years. You have to be on drugs to put up with it.

DOT regs on hazardous material transportation are brutal and the insurance companies are demanding every protection keeping them from having to pay out. The companies are being beat to death just trying to meet all the demands placed on them.
Most of the new DOT regs are designed to place pressure on smaller carriers. Lots of consolidation going on in the trucking biz.

We lease through Penske, and they keep us on top of all the new fetishes of DOT cops. Their new thing is to check for spare fuses. If you don't have spare fuses in the cab, you're going to get written up. It's completely stupid.

I maintained a full complement of spare fuses and relays when I drove, in fact I still have them in the truck and haven't driven commercially for 7 years.

I've been doing this 25 years and never had to replace a fuse. If something goes wrong, I take it to the shop and let them mess with it. It should be drivers option and not a requirement that they can write you up on.

I tend to agree, I only replace one once and it didn't solve the problem, the computer went out and had to be replaced, it was considerably more expensive than the fuse.

Hello. We have newspapers. The reporters report on major accidents, because so many of their readers want to know why they were stuck in traffic so long.
And those newspapers said the drivers were lying about why their loads came loose?

And those newspapers said the drivers were lying about why their loads came loose?

They didn't accuse the drivers of anything. They showed pictures of the load strewn across the highway (sometimes into oncoming traffic) and a statement from the driver that his load was properly tied down.

They didn't accuse the drivers of anything. They showed pictures of the load strewn across the highway (sometimes into oncoming traffic) and a statement from the driver that his load was properly tied down.
So how do you know it wasn't?

I tend to agree, I only replace one once and it didn't solve the problem, the computer went out and had to be replaced, it was considerably more expensive than the fuse.

They make these idiotic regulations to create more reasons to nail a driver on something. A few years back it was expired fire extinguishers. Now nobody ever looks at them when you get stopped.

They make these idiotic regulations to create more reasons to nail a driver on something. A few years back it was expired fire extinguishers. Now nobody ever looks at them when you get stopped.
Mostly they make the regulations because it keeps DOT bureaucrats employed.

I drove a hot shot rig with a flat bed trailer, everything was tied down.

Oh yeah, of course it had to be. I only drive a van so I don't worry about it all that much.

So how do you know it wasn't?

Drivers often cited DOT regulations not requiring stronger attachments. So I find it funny when someone complains about his company wanting to exceed DOT regs for safety. Or that DOT regs are a drain on the industry.

The chart says it all......CNN is VERY FAKE NEWS

2017.07.06%20-%20CNN5_0.jpg

Forum List

Back