CNN says Nanci is going to Taiwan

The CCP will promise anything to get what they want.....and then have no qualms whatsoever about breaking their promises.

Exactly like the USG.

Taiwan is China.

No more than Ukraine is Russia.

Just because imperialists lust for something doesn't make it theirs.

None of our business unless you’re an imperialist, which you are.

Of course I’m a CCP troll to a small minded fool.

By law we are obligated to defend Taiwan.

If you want to invade, you'll have to go to war with us.

Lol of course they are bluffing. We have enough nukes to destroy the world several times over. A better question is when did America become such passes that we would even entertain the thought of a foreign entity telling us where we can and can not travel?

No one is going to us nukes. (and I don't think China actually has them)

But we do have bunker busters and can level Beijing with conventional arms - and China can't do a damned thing about it.

They can sink our carriers with their hypersonic missiles, but remember, they stole them from us - meaning we have them too.

No one is going to us nukes. (and I don't think China actually has them)

But we do have bunker busters and can level Beijing with conventional arms - and China can't do a damned thing about it.

They can sink our carriers with their hypersonic missiles, but remember, they stole them from us - meaning we have them too.
It wont be as easy as that

China has greatly modernized its military and is a formidable foe in asia

But we and our allies have enough power to stop them

You have to be extremely self centered to ask others to risk their lives for you to make headlines though. (there is nothing she can accomplish by going).

That's what I was thinking. I am assuming the Taiwanese government is approving of her visit. This is an island of 23 million people.

I thought you crazy cons revered the Founders. You must know their position on your love of foreign entanglements and war. Or maybe not.

Here read this thread. It includes numerous quotes from the Founders regarding your love of war and imperialism.

Joe signs massive

I thought you crazy cons revered the Founders. You must know their position on your love of foreign entanglements and war. Or maybe not.

Here read this thread. It includes numerous quotes from the Founders regarding your love of war and imperialism.

Joe signs massive
You CCP folk are the imperialists.

You want to invade Taiwan to take their tech expertise.

Regardless, the United States is obligated under the 1979 Taiwan Defense Act to defend the island should you invade.

You CCP folk are the imperialists.

You want to invade Taiwan to take their tech expertise.

Regardless, the United States is obligated under the 1979 Taiwan Defense Act to defend the island should you invade.
Try to do better.

To many it is not about Taiwan, it is about the Progs. Unfortunately, military people can get killed in any skirmish. Prog women loves the security men around thems.
No politician is worth starting World War 3 over, but especially not a corrupt one like Nancy Pelosi who has spent her entire political career using our government to enrich herself and her family.

If she does go and Xi and the Chinese do nothing, then they've become faceless paper tigers.
If only the Democratic Party fought against Republicans as hard as they fight against world peace.

You think I made up the Taiwan Relations Act?

Nope, that was Congress in response to Jimmy Carter's treason.

I become more convinced that you really are a CCP troll by the post.
Wrong.

The fact that so many people believe "there is a treaty in place" mandating the military defense of Taiwan when there absolutely isn't highlights the fact that western media is propaganda.
Taiwan, Treaties, and Credibility

Well it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

When you get right down to it china does have claim of Taiwan.

Ah, a straw man.

How many times do I have to post the actual law to you?
Yeah you keep posting right wing propaganda designed to benefit the oligarchy and MIC. Why do you do this? Do you work for the CIA or the War Department?

READ…
The U.S. has not been obligated to defend Taiwan for more than 40 years. President Carter annulled the Sino-American Mutual Defense Treaty that the U.S. had with the Republic of China (Taipei) in 1979 as part of the normalization with Beijing. While Congress pushed through the Taiwan Relations Act in response to Carter’s action, the TRA doesn’t require the U.S. to come to Taiwan’s defense. Carter’s decision to annul the treaty was extremely controversial, but it was not reversed. Ever since then, the U.S. is not legally obligated to respond to an attack on Taiwan with direct military involvement. It is sloppy and misleading to state the opposite as if it were fact.

Taiwan, Treaties, and Credibility

Well it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

When you get right down to it china does have claim of Taiwan.

In what way? Because Japan invaded Formosa in the 1800's and made it part of the imperial state? Yes, I mean Japan.

Formosa was an independent nation for thousands of years.

Forum List

Back