Colin Powell...Who Is He, Again?

Sure, it was all a conspiracy by the Obama administration because there are no credible Democrats and non-far right people who have criticized the GOP about the same things already, your retardology knows no limits. You can throw Michael Steele in their too, he criticized the GOP for some of the same things, he's a leftist plant along with JC Watts, there are black GOP members who have criticized the party but you all ignore them and press up Negroes like Herman Cain.

Coordination not conspiracy, and Powell’s examples where pathetic, If he ran for president as a Republican like he was contemplating a few years ago, you’d be you be savaging him as an "uncle tom" as you have undoubtedly done in the past.

Where is the proof of some coordination? Blow it out of your ass retard. If Powell ran as Republican you all would not be bashing him as a racist.

Proof? That’s my opinion based on his interview. NBC is an Obama mouth piece anyway

Coordination not conspiracy, and Powell’s examples where pathetic, If he ran for president as a Republican like he was contemplating a few years ago, you’d be you be savaging him as an "uncle tom" as you have undoubtedly done in the past.

Where is the proof of some coordination? Blow it out of your ass retard. If Powell ran as Republican you all would not be bashing him as a racist.

Proof? That’s my opinion based on his interview. NBC is an Obama mouth piece anyway

You talked as if it was fact, GTFOH. Nobody puts words in Colin Powell's mouth.

Colin Powell shows his true colors.

1. Colin Powell has been given honors that few of us ever accrue: He has been National Security Advisor, he has been Chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff, and even the United States Secretary of State.

2. Every one of those positions awarded at the behest of a Republican. And I’m certain he was aware of the political party that felt he deserves those awards. He even claimed to be a member of that party.

3. “COLIN POWELL: THERE’S A ‘DARK VEIN OF INTOLERANCE’ IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY

a. Former Secretary of State Colin Powell — who split with the Republican Party to endorse President Barack Obama two times — said Sunday there are some clearly racial elements within the GOP.

b. “There’s also a dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party,” Powell said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

c. While not mentioning former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin or former New Hampshire Gov. John Sununu by name, Powell referenced past comments from each about Obama as evidence of racism in the party."
Colin Powell: There?s a ?Dark Vein of Intolerance? in the Republican Party | Video | TheBlaze.com

4. Seems it’s time to give the general a bit of instruction….and, perhaps, see who the real racist is.

5. A rule of life, that all would do well to learn early on, is that reality is defined by actions….not words. Perhaps some examples? “The check is in the mail,” or “I’ll respect you in the morning.”

6. In fact, 'the reality lesson' shows up as a major difference between Liberals, for whom “feeling passes for knowing,” and conservatives, for whom data informs policy.

7. Now, the general, who avows to be a Republican, but has voted for the most Liberal President we’ve ever had, twice, now gives cover- again- to Obama’s failure to cut spending by dangling this ‘racist’ red herring.

8. Seems to me that the general has become the race-card croupier,

9. Could not the phrases that Powell points to as indicia of racism be, merely, common phrases? Could not the racism be a figment of Powell’s psychology, or an attempt to ingratiate himself in other precincts?

a. Show me the actions….don’t babble!

10. Let’s go back to #5, above, and demand data rather than conjecture: : He has been National Security Advisor, he has been Chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff, and even the United States Secretary of State. All due to Republicans.

a. Looks to me like some ‘racism’ lots of folks would like directed at them!

Hard to know the true colors of a turncoat.

Who is Colin Powell? A patriot. Something you are incapable of understanding.

Oh...yeah?????

Well.....do you have the National Anthem on your iPod?????

You mean like when I was guaranteeing that Romney was going to win. Oh no, hold it, that was you, Princess.

So....your default position today is to change the subject?

That means I just won this joust, right?

And.....that's Ms. Princess to you!

I graciously accept your capitulation.

Clean those specs, ol' fella.....better read what I wrote, again.
Or.....admit you're simply trying to save face.

Colin Powell shows his true colors.

1. Colin Powell has been given honors that few of us ever accrue: He has been National Security Advisor, he has been Chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff, and even the United States Secretary of State.

2. Every one of those positions awarded at the behest of a Republican. And I’m certain he was aware of the political party that felt he deserves those awards. He even claimed to be a member of that party.

3. “COLIN POWELL: THERE’S A ‘DARK VEIN OF INTOLERANCE’ IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY

a. Former Secretary of State Colin Powell — who split with the Republican Party to endorse President Barack Obama two times — said Sunday there are some clearly racial elements within the GOP.

b. “There’s also a dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party,” Powell said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

c. While not mentioning former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin or former New Hampshire Gov. John Sununu by name, Powell referenced past comments from each about Obama as evidence of racism in the party."
Colin Powell: There?s a ?Dark Vein of Intolerance? in the Republican Party | Video | TheBlaze.com

4. Seems it’s time to give the general a bit of instruction….and, perhaps, see who the real racist is.

5. A rule of life, that all would do well to learn early on, is that reality is defined by actions….not words. Perhaps some examples? “The check is in the mail,” or “I’ll respect you in the morning.”

6. In fact, 'the reality lesson' shows up as a major difference between Liberals, for whom “feeling passes for knowing,” and conservatives, for whom data informs policy.

7. Now, the general, who avows to be a Republican, but has voted for the most Liberal President we’ve ever had, twice, now gives cover- again- to Obama’s failure to cut spending by dangling this ‘racist’ red herring.

8. Seems to me that the general has become the race-card croupier,

9. Could not the phrases that Powell points to as indicia of racism be, merely, common phrases? Could not the racism be a figment of Powell’s psychology, or an attempt to ingratiate himself in other precincts?

a. Show me the actions….don’t babble!

10. Let’s go back to #5, above, and demand data rather than conjecture: : He has been National Security Advisor, he has been Chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff, and even the United States Secretary of State. All due to Republicans.

a. Looks to me like some ‘racism’ lots of folks would like directed at them!

Hard to know the true colors of a turncoat.

Who is Colin Powell? A patriot. Something you are incapable of understanding.

1. Oh...yeah?????

2. Well.....do you have the National Anthem on your iPod?????

1. Absolutely.

2. Note that being passively entertained by any music is not the stuff of being patriotic, as in actually serving in the defense of the nation, as a career.

You liked him fine when he was one of Bush's shields against accusations of racism.

"...accusations of racism."

I should put you on the payroll....you hoist yourself on your petard.

Exactly what I've said: for Liberals, feeling passes for knowing!

ac·cu·sa·tion
/ˌakyəˈzāSHən/
Noun
A charge or claim that someone has done something illegal or wrong.
The action or process of making such a charge or claim.

That's what Leftists do: accuse, smear. Then trumpet the smear in their press.
Disgusting.

Back when they tried the "a high-tech lynching" of Justice Clarence Thomas, the Democrat mantra: “The nature of the evidence is irrelevant*; it’s the seriousness of the charge that matters.”

Accusations. Smears.
How do you guys look yourselves in the mirror.

Justice Thomas spoke! First time in four years, he spoke. Four words; four words in five years from the bench. Four words he uttered just the other day.

Hey PC, these little marks " " suggest you've quoted someone; please post a link (not that I'd ever suspect or "Accusations" you of bearing a false witness... but, who said it, where and when.

BTW, know anyone on this message board who, "Accusations" President Obama? Anyone on the right "Accusations" him about his place of birth, his religion, his pastor, his school records, etc. etc. etc. etc. ad nausea.

How DO YOU GUYS/GALS look at yourselves in the mirror?

You stand on the back of the poor and working people, that's how.

"Justice Thomas spoke! First time in four years, he spoke. Four words; four words in five years from the bench. Four words he uttered just the other day."

So...if he's black, and not a Liberal...he must be some sort of dummy?

Now, while your nature makes you somewhat of an expert at being a dummy...

You are clearly clueless about Justice Thomas...as I am about to prove.

The following is by Jeffrey Ross Toobin, an American lawyer, author, and legal analyst for CNN and The New Yorker.

I'm gonna posit that he has more cachet than you....although I admit that that is a particularly low bar to surpass.

1. "In several of the most important areas of constitutional law, Thomas has emerged as an intellectual leader of the Supreme Court. Since the arrival of Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., in 2005, and Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr., in 2006, the Court has moved to the right when it comes to the free-speech rights of corporations, the rights of gun owners, and, potentially, the powers of the federal government; in each of these areas, the majority has followed where Thomas has been leading for a decade or more. Rarely has a Supreme Court Justice enjoyed such broad or significant vindication.

2. If Toobin’s revionist take is correct, (and I defer to his knowledge of the direction of modern constitutional thought) it means that liberal America has spent a generation mocking a Black man as an ignorant fool, even as constitutional scholars stand in growing amazement at the intellectual audacity, philosophical coherence and historical reflection embedded in his judicial work.

3. Toobin is less interested in exploring why liberal America has been so blind for so long to the force of Clarence Thomas’ intellect...."
The Thomases vs. Obama’s Health-Care Plan : The New Yorker

In your face, boooooyyyyyyyyy!!!

Let me know when your birthday is: I'm gettin' you a dart game with automatic return.

Colin Powell EARNED the positions he held. And he's earned respect. Instead of trying to smear the messenger, why not take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for your shortcoming and try to improve?

It certainly can't come as a shock to learn that racists have found safe harbor in the GOP? It's not like that is any surprise now is it?

Last edited:
Powell is a political opportunist. Kissing liberal ass is better for him now.

A political opportunist? How so? He's not IN office. He's not RUNNING for office. To my knowledge, he's not attempting to get appointed to any post.
Considering Powell has been laying low for the past ten years, waiting for the public to forget his disgraceful whoring in selling the idea of WMD in Iraq, it should be obvious to you he is using this opportunity to re-invent himself and establish a place in the contemporary political scene. Unfortunately, based on what I've seen thus far he seems to be doing it.

Last edited:
[

1. "In several of the most important areas of constitutional law, Thomas has emerged as an intellectual leader of the Supreme Court. Since the arrival of Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., in 2005, and Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr., in 2006, the Court has moved to the right when it comes to the free-speech rights of corporations, the rights of gun owners, and, potentially, the powers of the federal government; in each of these areas, the majority has followed where Thomas has been leading for a decade or more. Rarely has a Supreme Court Justice enjoyed such broad or significant vindication..

Sometimes wading through PC's cut and pastes are worth it just for the entertainment value.

So, because the Court moved to the right after two CONSERVATIVE judges were appointed, that somehow makes Thomas an intellectual leader???

Priceless.

Colin Powell EARNED the positions he held. And he's earned respect. Instead of trying to smear the messenger, why not take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for your shortcoming and try to improve?

It certainly can't come as a shock to learn that racists have found safe harbor in the GOP? It's not like that is any surprise now is it?

But....but.....I don't have any shortcomings....

And, lots of racists in the Democrat Party.

Bill Clinton claimed that Powell only got his rank via affirmative action. You down with that?

Bill Clinton claimed that Powell only got his rank via affirmative action. You down with that?

all evidence to the contrary.

all evidence to the contrary.

I notice you didn't provide same.

Bloviate much?

actually it is the Democrats' Great Society and War on Poverty that amounted to a near genocide against American blacks.

[

1. "In several of the most important areas of constitutional law, Thomas has emerged as an intellectual leader of the Supreme Court. Since the arrival of Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., in 2005, and Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr., in 2006, the Court has moved to the right when it comes to the free-speech rights of corporations, the rights of gun owners, and, potentially, the powers of the federal government; in each of these areas, the majority has followed where Thomas has been leading for a decade or more. Rarely has a Supreme Court Justice enjoyed such broad or significant vindication..

Sometimes wading through PC's cut and pastes are worth it just for the entertainment value.

So, because the Court moved to the right after two CONSERVATIVE judges were appointed, that somehow makes Thomas an intellectual leader???

Priceless.

You never tire of proving what a dunce you are.
And I like that.

Let's give you the spoon-feeding that one of your ability requires:

1. The Liberal elite live in fear of black folks realizing that they are being used, and that Democrats are perfectly happy keeping them in 'need.'

2. So...when a gem like Justice Thomas appears.....they must attack him and paint him as a dunce....you know, like you.

3. Heaven forfend blacks realizing that they can do what Justice Thomas did, and rise to the level he has achieved.

4. Then...just when mental incompetents....raise your paw....begin to actually believe the hype....along comes Jeffrey Toobin...who pulls the rug out from under you!!

Here's the part you were afraid to quote:
"...it means that liberal America has spent a generation mocking a Black man as an ignorant fool, even as constitutional scholars stand in growing amazement at the intellectual audacity, philosophical coherence and historical reflection embedded in his judicial work."

You poor, dumb thing, you....you finally memorized the rap on Thomas.....and now it's revealed how truly stupid it is!

Based on the caliber of posts, you should concentrate on your full-time job, Garden Gnome.

actually it is the Democrats' Great Society and War on Poverty that amounted to a near genocide against American blacks.

The only genocide in America, is on intelligence, in the Baiamonte household.

Colin Powell is not a useful black tool like most of the House Negroes in the Republican Party so of course he's a turncoat and leftist despite him not taking any leftist positions, loyalty above absurdity is the Republican mantra, party over common sense.

where was Powells concern of racism back in 2008 when Andrew Cuomo, the rising star of the democratic party said that the then Senator Obama can not Shuck and Jive a press conference?

Where was powells concern when Joe Biden made a comment about Indian accents at 7-11's?

Where was Powells concerns when Harry Reid, the democratic Senate majority leader talked about how the then Senator Obama did not speak in a Negro dialect?

Why do those examples NOT concern him....but some wash up GOP former governor using the word "lazy" to describe a man who seemed lethargic is an example of a "dark vein of racism" in the GOP?

Hmmm?

You fucking dumbass, Powell is talking about the filth within his own party, he is not Democrat so why the fuck are you asking why didn't he say anything against Democrats? Home many Republicans in the Party said anything to Sununu and Palin for their comments about Obama? Nobody said jack shit except for Powell, the others dismiss it as not racist, stop playing the bullshit partisan game, this is not a fucking Democrat-Republican thing, Democrats have fuck all to do with this, Powell is addressing racism in his own part and its far right bullshit.

yo....Smartass...

You missed the point. Learn to apply your ability to comprehend.

The true question is what were Powells motives. Many on here who supported his statements claimed he was "doing what he thought was best for his country by letting people see how the GOP has a racist vein in it"....

So the question is...why does the GOP have a racist vein for those comments but the democratic party does not for identical comments.

Furthermore, those apparent "racist" comments were spoken by FORMER GOP governors who no longer have elected psoitions whereas the democrats that spoke similar and sometimes identical comments are CURRENT LEADERS OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

Exactly why would he say the GOP has a racist vein and not "politics in general"?

Here we have a man who claims to be GOP but endorses Obama. Fine. No issue. But he then accuses the GOP of being racist without ONCE mentioning that he sees the same issue with the democratic party....makes one wonder...

But let me ask you this...seeing as not one lefty on this board had the courage to respond to my MANY requests for an answer.....and my guess is you wont either......

DO YOU AGREE WITH POWELL, AND IF YOU DO....THEN DO YOU ALSO BELIEVE THAT CUOMO, RIED AND BIDEN HAVE RACIST TENDENCIES AND THEREFORE THERE IS A RACIST VEIN IN THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY?

I bet you ignore my question....or divert from it without answering the question.

[

Priceless.

You never tire of proving what a dunce you are.
And I like that.

Let's give you the spoon-feeding that one of your ability requires:

1. The Liberal elite live in fear of black folks realizing that they are being used, and that Democrats are perfectly happy keeping them in 'need.'

2. So...when a gem like Justice Thomas appears.....they must attack him and paint him as a dunce....you know, like you.

3. Heaven forfend blacks realizing that they can do what Justice Thomas did, and rise to the level he has achieved.

4. Then...just when mental incompetents....raise your paw....begin to actually believe the hype....along comes Jeffrey Toobin...who pulls the rug out from under you!!

Here's the part you were afraid to quote:
"...it means that liberal America has spent a generation mocking a Black man as an ignorant fool, even as constitutional scholars stand in growing amazement at the intellectual audacity, philosophical coherence and historical reflection embedded in his judicial work."

You poor, dumb thing, you....you finally memorized the rap on Thomas.....and now it's revealed how truly stupid it is!

Based on the caliber of posts, you should concentrate on your full-time job, Garden Gnome.

He doesnt tire from it becuase he doesnt need to prove it anymore.

Yeah ... poll taxes, Jim Crow, no admittance to state universities, ... them sure were the good ol' days ....

Forum List

Back