Colorado passes universal background checks and legalizes pot. Violent crime up 25%

Murder rate dropped.
By 7 murders lol

Meanwhile

there were 14,403 victims of aggravated assault in 2018.
Don’t be so negative. It’s funny I haven’t heard much about this with all the legalizing of marijuana talk. Not finding any info on an explanation for increase.
The point isn't so much the increase as it is the abject failure of the gun laws intended purpose.
Im not pro gun law, but thats a bad inference because youre talking about an increase in violent crime when the correlation youre espousing by citing the gun law should be an increase in gun crime. Just here to help.
Seems to me you may be missing the point ENTIRELY.

So they remove ONE device used to commit those types of crimes but is has ZERO impact on the actual crimes it was intended to curb. Do you think the victim of aggravated rape or robbery or battery cares that the assailant used a knife or bat instead of a gun? They are still victims and the crimes STILL OCCURRED. In fact they are apparently occurring more now.

Removing the right to sell a gun to a friend or neighbor without jumping through government hoops has not accompanied it's intended goal CLEARLY

Colorado approves universal background checks for gun purchases

Report: Colorado’s violent crime rate continues to climb

So what can we learn here. Can the government actually protect you or your property with laws?

Hmm

We can learn you're a disgusting liar.

They passed the law today. It has not gone into effect yet.

So all that increased crime has happened BEFORE the law was passed and went into effect.

What we can learn here is that not having background checks and allowing just anyone to buy a weapon increases crime. We can learn here that more weapons in the hands of civilians causes crime to increase.

The time to make YOUR claim is AFTER the law has been in effect for at least a year. Then you will be able to say whether that law helped or not.

Insinuating that crime has increased in Colorado because of a law that was passed today and has not gone into effect yet is nothing but a lie.

But then if you far right radical extremists couldn't lie you wouldn't have anything to say.
????????????????

You are an uninformed moron.

LOOK AT THE DATES

Murder rate dropped.
By 7 murders lol

Meanwhile

Don’t be so negative. It’s funny I haven’t heard much about this with all the legalizing of marijuana talk. Not finding any info on an explanation for increase.
The point isn't so much the increase as it is the abject failure of the gun laws intended purpose.
Im not pro gun law, but thats a bad inference because youre talking about an increase in violent crime when the correlation youre espousing by citing the gun law should be an increase in gun crime. Just here to help.

So they remove ONE device used to commit those types of crimes but is has ZERO impact on the actual crimes it was intended to curb. Do you think the victim of aggravated rape or robbery or battery cares that the assailant used a knife or bat instead of a gun? They are still victims and the crimes STILL OCCURRED. In fact they are apparently occurring more now.

Removing the right to sell a gun to a friend or neighbor without jumping through government hoops has not accompanied it's intended goal CLEARLY
Thats disengenuous.

In order to have stronger arguments, you use charitable interpretations of opposing arguments.

Here, youre acting like gun laws are supposed to do anything other than curb GUN crime.

Thats being fake.

By 7 murders lol

Meanwhile

Thats disengenuous.

In order to have stronger arguments, you use charitable interpretations of opposing arguments.

Here, youre acting like gun laws are supposed to do anything other than curb GUN crime.

Thats being fake.
You're the one playing games here. The lack of the prefix (gun) in the crime isn't stopping the ACTUAL CRIME.

Thats disengenuous.

Thats being fake.
You're the one playing games here. The lack of the prefix (gun) in the crime isn't stopping the ACTUAL CRIME.
Thats a strawman, though. Gun laws are supposed to curb GUN crime.

So, in order to do your analysis like a grown up...youd compare gun crime to the date the law took effect. Instead, you continue to do the little bot partisan dogshit.

It makes people act fake. Youre acting fake.

Murder rate dropped.
By 7 murders lol

Meanwhile

No I didn't miss the point. You just lied in the title of this thread and have been lying about weapons and increased crime in Colorado.

I just called you on it so now you're making excuses.

I only read that first sentence. When I get to a lie I stop reading. I don't believe anything after the lie. And your first sentence is a lie.

Making a correlation between background checks and increased crime when the law has not even been implemented yet is a lie.

If you want to make that claim do it after the law has been passed and implemented for at least a year to see what the result is.

Right now, all you're doing is lying.

By 7 murders lol

Meanwhile

No I didn't miss the point. You just lied in the title of this thread and have been lying about weapons and increased crime in Colorado.

I only read that first sentence. When I get to a lie I stop reading. I don't believe anything after the lie. And your first sentence is a lie.

Making a correlation between background checks and increased crime when the law has not even been implemented yet is a lie.

If you want to make that claim do it after the law has been passed and implemented for at least a year to see what the result is.

and in multiple ways

and in multiple ways
So she says the law just went into effect today (A BLATANT LIE) and instead of calling her on it you not only agree with her but continue to play semantics with me.

Laughable

and in multiple ways
So she says the law just went into effect today (A BLATANT LIE) and instead of calling her on it you not only agree with her but continue to play semantics with me.

Laughable
In her defense, your article has an old date but it has no effective date of the Law and in your article, it articulates that its not yet got the Gov's signature.

So the reason I didnt call her a liar is because her assertion wasnt yet shown to be false. After that...and if she doesnt admit her mistake...she'd THEN be a liar.

Also, the poor logic youre using isnt a quibble on semantics. Youre literally arguing against a strawman.

Last edited:

So what can we learn here. Can the government actually protect you or your property with laws?

Hmm

So all that increased crime has happened BEFORE the law was passed and went into effect.

What we can learn here is that not having background checks and allowing just anyone to buy a weapon increases crime. We can learn here that more weapons in the hands of civilians causes crime to increase.

The time to make YOUR claim is AFTER the law has been in effect for at least a year. Then you will be able to say whether that law helped or not.

Insinuating that crime has increased in Colorado because of a law that was passed today and has not gone into effect yet is nothing but a lie.

But then if you far right radical extremists couldn't lie you wouldn't have anything to say.

Are you illiterate? The law was passed 6 years ago.

Holy GOD you leftists are completely and utterly fucking BRAINDEAD.

By 7 murders lol

Meanwhile

You're STILL uninformed.

The law was not passed this year. The law was signed March of 2013 according to Hickenlooper himself.

and in multiple ways

Laughable
In her defense, your article has an old date but it has no effective date of the Law and in your articke, it articulates that its not yet got the Gov's signature.

So the reason I didnt call her a liar is because her assertion wasnt yet shown to be false. After that...and if she doesnt admit her mistake...she'd THEN be a liar.

Also, the poor logic youre using isnt a quibble on semantics. Youre literally arguing against a strawman.
She was TALKING OUT OF HER ASS. And you agreed with her.

and in multiple ways

Laughable
In her defense, your article has an old date but it has no effective date of the Law and in your articke, it articulates that its not yet got the Gov's signature.

She was TALKING OUT OF HER ASS. And you agreed with her.
You're talking out of your ass, and she MIGHT be, sure.

But as far as you're concerned...

you're taking the argument that "gun laws will lower gun crime..."

and changing it to

"gun laws will lower ALL crime"

and then you're arguing against it.

That's illogical, you're full of shit and the apt comparison would be the GUN crime rate...

unless you're gunna say that gun control folks are worried about crimes OTHER than gun crimes when theyre writing and arguing for GUN crime legislation.

Of course, that would be retarded. The misunderstanding is yours, or it's dishonesty but since you've been given the correction to your ILLogic, and still are thumping your chest...you're merely a bad actor...ranting partisan unga bunga dumb shit like all the rest of them.

Thats disengenuous.

Thats being fake.

So, in order to do your analysis like a grown up...youd compare gun crime to the date the law took effect. Instead, you continue to do the little bot partisan dogshit.

You want an analysis? Here:

The universal background check law was passed in 2013: Colorado approves universal background checks for gun purchases
Now read this, from September 2019: Gun violence against Denver teens, children is increasing

Quote:

"The newspaper said its analysis showed 15 teens and children have been shot and killed in the city since Jan. 1, 2018, more than in the previous three years combined."
"Prosecutors said 107 teens were charged with gun possession in 2018, compared with 50 in 2015. This year is on pace to equal or surpass last year."

How is this possible, moron? Gun laws are supposed to stop gun crime, right? Universal background checks will prevent unqualified people from obtaining guns, RIGHT?

We do this dance with you dumb twats every single time a new gun law is proposed/passed, and every fucking time we're proven right. When are you going to pull your heads out of your collective asses?

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Hmm

I did the research so that the dishonest OP could quit whining.

You're wrong, Dana. Universal background checks became eff. in Colorado on 7/1/13.

Of course, other gun laws were passed prior to this date which further hurt Gramps' correlation here, lol...as does marijuana legalization.

This thread fails on like 45 levels. :lol:

Thats disengenuous.

Thats being fake.

The universal background check law was passed in 2013: Colorado approves universal background checks for gun purchases
Now read this, from September 2019: Gun violence against Denver teens, children is increasing

Quote:

"The newspaper said its analysis showed 15 teens and children have been shot and killed in the city since Jan. 1, 2018, more than in the previous three years combined."
"Prosecutors said 107 teens were charged with gun possession in 2018, compared with 50 in 2015. This year is on pace to equal or surpass last year."

How is this possible, moron? Gun laws are supposed to stop gun crime, right? Universal background checks will prevent unqualified people from obtaining guns, RIGHT?

We do this dance with you dumb twats every single time a new gun law is proposed/passed, and every fucking time we're proven right. When are you going to pull your heads out of your collective asses?
I never argued FOR gun laws, silly. Read with your analytical mind, not your emotional one. You made the correct inference and compared GUN CRIME change since the 2013 Law.

Grampy wamp compared it to overall crime, aka a non-sequitur.

Do you follow?

Thats disengenuous.

Thats being fake.

Quote:

I never argued FOR gun laws, silly. Read with your analytical mind, not your emotional one. You made the correct inference and compared GUN CRIME change since the 2013 Law.

Do you follow?

They go hand-in-hand, dipshit.

Try and wrap your pea-brain around this:

1) A woman is being stalked by an abusive ex. She tries to obtain a gun or CCW permit to protect herself, but is delayed by all of the lefty bureaucratic red tape. Meanwhile, her ex grabs her one night as she's trying to enter her apartment and beats the shit out of her.
+1 aggravated assault.

2) The laws are lax and she quickly obtains a means of personal protection. Her ex grabs her one night as she's trying to enter her apartment and she pops 2 in his chest.
-1 aggravated assault.

Get it yet?

Thats disengenuous.

Thats being fake.

Quote:

Do you follow?

1) A woman is being stalked by an abusive ex. She tries to obtain a gun or CCW permit to protect herself, but is delayed by all of the lefty bureaucratic red tape. Meanwhile, her ex grabs her one night as she's trying to enter her apartment and beats the shit out of her.
+1 aggravated assault.

2) The laws are lax and she quickly obtains a means of personal protection. Her ex grabs her one night as she's trying to enter her apartment and she pops 2 in his chest.
-1 aggravated assault.

Get it yet?
I'm not sure why you're arguing the logic of gun laws with me when I'm against them. It's super strange how defensive politics makes people.

Thats disengenuous.

Thats being fake.

Quote:

Do you follow?

in fairness there’s the argument that gun laws come with the untented consequences of increases in violent crimes because people cannot adequately defend themselves.

Quote:

Do you follow?

+1 aggravated assault.

-1 aggravated assault.

Get it yet?
I'm not sure why you're arguing the logic of gun laws with me when I'm against them. It's super strange how defensive politics makes people.

Could've fooled me.

Forum List

Back