Come November.A Choice Between Health-Care And Christmas Presents & Decorations?

To think this year many, many Americans will have the opportunity to make such a choice, when before they could not afford health care. Interesting.

How do you know "they" can afford it now?

Who is "they"? How much money do "they" make?
Can "they" afford an added bill that wasn't in their tight budget?

Lay some more sugar on us, franco.

You liberal fuck.

Last edited:
To think this year many, many Americans will have the opportunity to make such a choice, when before they could not afford health care. Interesting.

most are not going to be able to afford it

many will get policies and the premiums will lapse

others will quit borrowing their money to the feds and jack up

their payroll deductions to avoid getting hit with the penalty tax

switch out from banks and more onto prepaid credit cards to

keep the feds from raiding their bank accounts

it is going to be a real mess in a couple of years

and didnt the president spend the same amount of money on Solyndra? its like Dejavoo !!! FAIL !!!

another one of the prezbos great accomplishments

Shot Mai K K Bernard Strong no I don't ! And those who do now have to pay tax on employer provided insurance ! I am self employed and now will be forced to buy product I don't want just because they wanted to give free things to people !
Like · Reply · 6 · 6 hours ago via mobile

Andy Ginger Wilson "lower than expected"
If you tell people that this is cheaper enough, they will eventually believe you! good job guys!
Like · Reply · 5 · 7 hours ago

Jessica Rachael Bell Can't afford even $100 a month which is y I dropped my insurance in the first place and now ur gonna require me to pay every month. Um sorry but food electric n rent take precendence over that. I never go to the docs so its a waste of money
Like · Reply · 6 · 8 hours ago via mobile
2 Replies · 3 hours ago

Stacy Whyte Funny, that is not what I"ve seen...OR heard.
Like · Reply · 6 · 8 hours ago

Kendra Proctor Too bad the website does not work so that folks can sign up for insurance.
Like · Reply · 6 · 8 hours ago

Jeanette Bill-Cole Call the 800 number if you sincerely want to sign up.
Like · 5 · 8 hours ago

Jason Vickers why should they have to call, it's pretty pathetic. Refer to my post on another thread:
Like · 1 · 5 hours ago · Edited

Jason Vickers I love how the press is blaming shoddy programming on high traffic. Anyone with experience knows that if code is written properly and architecture is properly implemented, the site may slow down, but functionality will still execute. Truly high traffic, if hardware is lacking, will usually result in a 500 error, which is not what users are seeing, or in database connectivity issues if your Canadian contractor was stupid enough to build this site with queries that lock the database. Truth is, you hired a company to build a crappy site and now you have to clean up the mess, with all of it on the taxpayers dime. I have built sites with more moving parts in less than a third of the time.

Here is what really worries me. You can't properly manage your contractors, but you expect us to trust you with our healthcare. This is pretty freakin' scary.
Like · 6 · 5 hours ago

Jason Vickers You can't pull the wool over everyones eyes.
Like · 1 · 5 hours ago

https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov

:eusa_boohoo:
This is an issue that will hopefully be brought up in all media outlets come Thanksgiving Season. Being the Democrats have decided the choke the middle class by doubling their health-care expenses and not giving a (%$#it), this could also be a factor in Americans attitudes/approval rating of Democrats. {what is it this week? 24% ???}
:blsmile:
And come 2014, let's hope conservative media and every conservative leader brings up the dilemma of how now, Obama-Care is making millions of American Families having to choose between buying expensive health-care, heat, and food. Can't wait for Democrats to try and spin that future crisis.
:trolls:

Hmm, I will be purchasing a policy for my family off of the exchange and it will have basically the same coverage as I now have. The cost will also be about the same with no subsidy. There are probably some people who will be pinched a bit but I have not seen any verified instances where anybody will be paying double or triple what they are currently paying. Now for people who are purchasing insurance for the first time and who will not receive a subsidy, they may well be shocked at the prices. Of course since we pay $8500 per year for each person's healthcare who lives in the US, nobody should be expecting insurance for $100 per month with zero deductible and that covers everything 100%. You guys crack me up. It's basic math.

This is an issue that will hopefully be brought up in all media outlets come Thanksgiving Season. Being the Democrats have decided the choke the middle class by doubling their health-care expenses and not giving a (%$#it), this could also be a factor in Americans attitudes/approval rating of Democrats. {what is it this week? 24% ???}
And come 2014, let's hope conservative media and every conservative leader brings up the dilemma of how now, Obama-Care is making millions of American Families having to choose between buying expensive health-care, heat, and food. Can't wait for Democrats to try and spin that future crisis.

If my healthcare costs were doubling between now and Christmas, I think my provider would have said something.

Hmm, I will be purchasing a policy for my family off of the exchange and it will have basically the same coverage as I now have. The cost will also be about the same with no subsidy. There are probably some people who will be pinched a bit but I have not seen any verified instances where anybody will be paying double or triple what they are currently paying. Now for people who are purchasing insurance for the first time and who will not receive a subsidy, they may well be shocked at the prices. Of course since we pay $8500 per year for each person's healthcare who lives in the US, nobody should be expecting insurance for $100 per month with zero deductible and that covers everything 100%. You guys crack me up. It's basic math.

All the talk about people buying private individual/family health insurance policies other than that provided by employers is causing a lot of people to wake up to how expensive healthcare really is,

and has been for a long time - long before the ACA. People with employer provided healthcare often don't appreciate how much their employer is paying for that healthcare.

and does anyone know what the health-care cost is going to be for a family of 5/6? looks like Christmas dinner may be down to chinese take-out.

Obamacare Will Increase Health Spending By $7,450 For A Typical Family of Four [Updated] - Forbes

aca.png

You missed the debunking of that one, huh?

'They' can pay the $95 tax for 2014 if they don't want healthcare. That's about a quarter per day.

It's not all about premiums you poor deluded idiot.

It is for anyone who has been denied health insurance in the past or could not afford the premiums in the past.

The idea that copays and deductibles are a reason to not buy insurance is RETARDED.

When you do not have insurance......the copays are 100% and deductibles do not exist. You get the entire bill.

You IDIOT!!!

You can see that the deranged are now giving up on repealing/defunding the ACA.

They're now moving to the selective cherry-picked anecdotal nitpicking phase of attacking Obamacare as it actually begins to work.

They're now moving to the selective cherry-picked anecdotal nitpicking phase of attacking Obamacare as it actually begins to work.

Normal people expect glitches....we expect that revisions will be needed to any program this ambitious.

Abnormal people shit themselves with glee hoping that these glitches will get the public to rally against the law.

Normal usually wins.

I think they have gotten along without the mandate but I would have required people who didn't want insurance to sign a waiver or the like disqualifying them from the pre-existing condition benefit if in the future they got sick and then decided they would finally get insurance.

Normal people expect glitches....we expect that revisions will be needed to any program this ambitious.

Abnormal people shit themselves with glee hoping that these glitches will get the public to rally against the law.

Normal usually wins.

The exchange insurance goes into effect in January. Everyone needs to calm down.

I think they have gotten along without the mandate but I would have required people who didn't want insurance to sign a waiver or the like disqualifying them from the pre-existing condition benefit if in the future they got sick and then decided they would finally get insurance.

that sounds spiteful

'They' can pay the $95 tax for 2014 if they don't want healthcare. That's about a quarter per day.

Just a note. The penalty is actually $95 or 1% of AGI...whichever is higher. The penalty could be higher than $95.

I didn't know that until a nutter informed me of it the other day.

Yea, I can here it now. The primary wage earner of a family of 4 is stricken by a heart attack. He has no insurance. But has some assets. He survives the heart attack but no way can pay the hospital bills on 14 dollars an hour. SO the family files medical bankruptcy..

So one of you right wing assholes tell me how much Christmas this family will have after filing bankruptcy for medical reasons.

Forum List

Back