Common core math problems ..

What if the power goes out these college kids at the local quickie mart has to close the store because none of these kids can figure out how to add the sales tax

Actually the store had to close because they can't open up the cash register. And the credit card readers don't work without power.

Come on someone here at USMB can help me figure out my first grade home work...

What's the answer to these two simple common core math questions?

View attachment 172410

View attachment 172411

Obviously you kid is supposed to make shit UP then fill in the blanks, thus enabling them to gain more self esteem in numbers and be well onto their way towards working for the government when he/she/other grows up

What if the power goes out these college kids at the local quickie mart has to close the store because none of these kids can figure out how to add the sales tax

Actually the store had to close because they can't open up the cash register. And the credit card readers don't work without power.

And look at the writing above the question does this look like 7th grade penmanship?

It looks to me like first grade stuff

Look closely.. see how the kid writes " 7 cups?"

That's toddler writing I call bullshit

CIMG0172 (1).JPG

View attachment 172410

View attachment 172411

Obviously you kid is supposed to make shit UP then fill in the blanks, thus enabling them to gain more self esteem in numbers and be well onto their way towards working for the government when he/she/other grows up

Exactly, thank you

View attachment 172410

View attachment 172411

The answer to the first one is zero, he's eating the same, not "more".
The answer to the second one is, who the fuck knows, not enough information to draw a conclusion.

The second question is like this.

Jim gave the store cashier $10.00, how much change is he getting back?

These are the people you folks are trusting with your kids education.

View attachment 172487

Apparently that was the answer to the previous question (no 23) of how many cups per day does Rusty eat.

Question 24 thus becomes 7-4 or Midnight eats 3 cups less than Rusty

So are you a teacher? How about you copy and paste what I can't read from your links? Because for some reason I am really interested what's the back story is here.

The answer to the second one is, who the fuck knows, not enough information to draw a conclusion.

The op lied that they were 1st grade questions.

And the picture he posted didn't show question 23, which was probably the number of cups Rusty ate per day.

View attachment 172487

Apparently that was the answer to the previous question (no 23) of how many cups per day does Rusty eat.

So are you a teacher? How about you copy and paste what I can't read from your links? Because for some reason I am really interested what's the back story is here.

Pal I really don't want to make fun of you there has to be back story here..

If you want student access to the schools website you'll need to enroll.

I was learning God damn trigonometry of the drafting boards by the 9th grade. this is a fucking embarrassment

Yet you forgot a simple 7th grade math question.

Q: What is the area of a BOX

A: B x H

That's what you learn in middle school. To solve problems you don't have the numbers for.
What?

If it is a box, you want to know the volume, not the area.

Area is a surface dimension.

Area = Length * height.

The volume is length * height * depth

Why don't you post a picture of the test including question 23, and not cut off after the answer to question 23, and then question 24, which from what I can tell is based on the answer from the previous answer.

Post the questions above the one's you claim are unsolvable. They are probably linked

The op lied that they were 1st grade questions.

And the picture he posted didn't show question 23, which was probably the number of cups Rusty ate per day.

Look at the damn penmanship, I was writing in cursive in the 5th grade. Even though I couldn't spell worth a damn I cheated like hell to make it look good

Why don't you post a picture of the test including question 23, and not cut off after the answer to question 23, and then question 24, which from what I can tell is based on the answer from the previous answer.

Post the questions above the one's you claim are unsolvable. They are probably linked

You post it then?

Lol people still have a few bucks in their wallets

What?

Area = Length * height.

We're talking math

quadrilaterals
An equivalent condition is that the diagonals bisect each other and are equal in length. Rectangles include squares and oblongs. Informally: "a box or oblong" (including a square). Square (regular quadrilateral): all four sides are of equal length (equilateral), and all four angles are right angles.

Don't know the answer?

It's very cool and a good idea to give kids the confidence to think about numbers, not just add/subtract/multiply/divide them by rote.

Both of these word problems help kids identify necessary information to solve a problem. There's nothing wrong with that.

So in other words, when not enough information is available...don't solve the problem. Sure sounds like a liberal teacher trying to screw up more liberals.

Actually it's a preparation for higher mathematics, where the answer includes unknown quantities, such as X and Y. In the age of calculators, nobody has to do math by rote.

Great, sounds like we have a winner. So.....what are the answers?

Don't know the answer?

It's very cool and a good idea to give kids the confidence to think about numbers, not just add/subtract/multiply/divide them by rote.

Both of these word problems help kids identify necessary information to solve a problem. There's nothing wrong with that.

So in other words, when not enough information is available...don't solve the problem. Sure sounds like a liberal teacher trying to screw up more liberals.

Actually it's a preparation for higher mathematics, where the answer includes unknown quantities, such as X and Y. In the age of calculators, nobody has to do math by rote.

Great, sounds like we have a winner. So.....what are the answers?

Hell if I know...i still didn't get a single logical answer

What?

Area = Length * height.

We're talking math

quadrilaterals
An equivalent condition is that the diagonals bisect each other and are equal in length. Rectangles include squares and oblongs. Informally: "a box or oblong" (including a square). Square (regular quadrilateral): all four sides are of equal length (equilateral), and all four angles are right angles.
What I posted IS math. It is how you determine the volume of a given object unless the object is circular or cylindrical in which case you need to utilize Pi. 3.1415 the formula for area is PiR2 which means Pi * radius squared. For a cylinder is Pi * R squared * height.

Lol people still have a few bucks in their wallets

O.K. a person just came back from the ATM, and wants to buy a quart of milk for $1.20 and a 12 pack of soda for $3

Ther's a 5 cent per can bottle tax, and a 6% state tax on non-essentials.

All the guy has is a $20

Forum List

Back