Common core math problems ..

What?

If it is a box, you want to know the volume, not the area.

Area is a surface dimension.

Area = Length * height.

The volume is length * height * depth

We're talking math

quadrilaterals
An equivalent condition is that the diagonals bisect each other and are equal in length. Rectangles include squares and oblongs. Informally: "a box or oblong" (including a square). Square (regular quadrilateral): all four sides are of equal length (equilateral), and all four angles are right angles.

That's not common core it was invented by the Greeks

Quadrilaterals were invented by the Ancient Greeks. It is said that Pythagoras was the first to draw one. In those days quadrilaterals had three sides and their properties were only dimly understood.
Why were quadrilaterals invented in the first place? What is the ...
Quora › Why-were-quadrilaterals-invent...

Feedback

Don't know the answer?

It's very cool and a good idea to give kids the confidence to think about numbers, not just add/subtract/multiply/divide them by rote.

Both of these word problems help kids identify necessary information to solve a problem. There's nothing wrong with that.

So in other words, when not enough information is available...don't solve the problem. Sure sounds like a liberal teacher trying to screw up more liberals.

Actually it's a preparation for higher mathematics, where the answer includes unknown quantities, such as X and Y. In the age of calculators, nobody has to do math by rote.

Great, sounds like we have a winner. So.....what are the answers?

Hell if I know...i still didn't get a single logical answer

Yes, but radical right will explain it to us in detail, no doubt.

Actually the store had to close because they can't open up the cash register. And the credit card readers don't work without power.

Lol people still have a few bucks in their wallets

O.K. a person just came back from the ATM, and wants to buy a quart of milk for $1.20 and a 12 pack of soda for $3

Ther's a 5 cent per can bottle tax, and a 6% state tax on non-essentials.

All the guy has is a $20

So what do I look like a quickie mart worker?

What I posted IS math. It is how you determine the volume of a given object unless the object is circular or cylindrical in which case you need to utilize Pi. 3.1415

Box has many meanings, as a quadrilateral, as a rectangular solid, and as what Trump grabs.

Before you criticize remember there are plenty of gop elected officials who helped conceive of common core. It wasn't just lousy liberals. Those I'll begotten folk who cried about more accountability are the biggest culprits.

The answer to the first one is zero, he's eating the same, not "more".
The answer to the second one is, who the fuck knows, not enough information to draw a conclusion.

The second question is like this.

Jim gave the store cashier $10.00, how much change is he getting back?

These are the people you folks are trusting with your kids education.

The op lied that they were 1st grade questions.

And the picture he posted didn't show question 23, which was probably the number of cups Rusty ate per day.

The problem said he hate the same everyday which would equal 4 cups per day, then they asked how many "more" cups would he eat each day. The answer is he's eating the same 4 cups each day, not "more". They should have left the word "more" out of the question.

What I posted IS math. It is how you determine the volume of a given object unless the object is circular or cylindrical in which case you need to utilize Pi. 3.1415

Box has many meanings, as a quadrilateral, as a rectangular solid, and as what Trump grabs.

We are talking math and now you talking with your pecker?

Get off my thread fruit loop, this is serious stuff, my grand baby's future is at stake.

The problem said he hate the same everyday which would equal 4 cups per day, then they asked how many "more" cups would he eat each day. The answer is he's eating the same 4 cups each day, not "more". They should have left the word "more" out of the question.

I'll give you the chance to read the question again.

Tims dog, midnight, eats 28 cups of food in a week. midnight eats the same amount each day. in one day, how many more cups of food will midnight eat than Rusty? explain.

I know exactly what's going on near...I know you hate me and I am not a fellow citizen even though I was born here....my grandkids have to say the pledge of allegiance every day at school so for me I wonder if that is not a form of indoctrination.

Tims dog, midnight, eats 28 cups of food in a week. midnight eats the same amount each day. in one day, how many more cups of food will midnight eat than Rusty? explain.

My bad, I did miss that.

Now do you have an answer for the second one?

That still don't make sense , where does it say in one day ? Does rusty eat canned Alpo or dry food?

You thought a 7th grade question was a 1st grade question.

Yes idiot look at the penmanship, if you think it's acceptable, in a school setting God help us because you are a fool.

Dang, haven't you ever tried to read a doctors prescription. You would think he was in gradeschool. Good thing it's not a requirement to save lives.

A doctor is not in skool, niether am I on the internet...

These kids are in skool..and penmanship should matter.

The 3 Rs

No wonder they graduate morons and with common core math it's worse.

Forum List

Back