Communist California to require Solar Panels on all new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same slippery slope when they required cars to have seat belts.
Huh, I wonder who in the solar panel industry is paying who to make a law like that?

Do, do you have solar panels? Are, are you going to buy solar panels?

What do you do for the planet? You sure use fossil fuel products.

Do you even know what a hypocrite is? Oh, i am sure solar panels will stop THE global warming, and I am sure no politician is being bought off by an industry.

Maybe the insulation, plumbing, electrical or any other of a number of industries that provide required materials to the building industry.

Hey, you get what you vote for. How long now have Californians been electing these clowns to run their state? Home prices are already some of the highest in the country. The middle class is being priced out. The state has had a net loss of 1,000,000 residents over the past decade, mostly due to the cost of housing. This will only accelerate it.

Democrats talk a good game about helping the poor, but when you look at what they actually do they cater to special interest groups first and foremost and hurt the poor as a result. They've been turning the state into a banana republic for a long time.
The FEUDAL SYSTEM. No middle class. The rich and the thoroughly screwed.

Yes. How dare they mandate that I never have an electric bill.

Hey, you get what you vote for. How long now have Californians been electing these clowns to run their state? Home prices are already some of the highest in the country. The middle class is being priced out. The state has had a net loss of 1,000,000 residents over the past decade, mostly due to the cost of housing. This will only accelerate it.

Democrats talk a good game about helping the poor, but when you look at what they actually do they cater to special interest groups first and foremost and hurt the poor as a result. They've been turning the state into a banana republic for a long time.

Yes. How dare anyone have a choice of their own in the "Land of the Free."

Communists putting utilities out of business.

If I wanna cut down trees and burn for light, it's my God given right. (-:

If I wanna cut down trees and burn for light, it's my God given right. (-:

I guarantee you there is a population out there who would have no issue living that way and probably already do. A lot of Amish still don't use electricity.

You have the choice to pay my bill. Where shall I send it?

You have the choice to pay my bill. Where shall I send it?

Why would I do that and how is that relative to the discussion?

Okay, wel then it gets back down to how much other taxpayers are paying for your system. Taxpayers are paying three and a half times more for your electrical system than you are, so you are saving the money and the rest of us are paying for your savings.

I just don't care for that.

Ahh so now it's YOU paying for my tax-cuts. What a novel idea. ;)

Sure it is. Where do you think the government gets the money to pay for the rest of your system? It's not really a tax cut, it's more of a subsidy.

No sir, it's a tax cut - straight up deductions from my tax liability.

I'm just keeping more of my money in my pocket, so I could spend it into economy, right?

So solar panel company A gets 28K for instilling your system. You pay $6,200 of that cost. How does Solar panel company A get the rest of that money from your deductions?

It just doesn't make sense. A tax cut means you pay less in taxes. It does not mean that you pay less for something and government pays it for you.

Pretty simple - Company gets money from me, I pay less to governmet in taxes (get a tax-cut).

It's exactly how righties describe it - "more of my money in my pocket to spend into economy"..only even better since I do in fact spend 100% of it into economy before even getting the tax-cut.

Economic stimulus multipliers off the charts :biggrin:

No, that would only be true if you actually paid for the entire system and wrote it off, but by your earlier claim, you paid just a little over 6K and the 22K got paid by the government. That's not a tax cut.

That's really going to solve the affordable housing crisis!

Fo shizzle!

Now you're catching on.

Sure it is. Where do you think the government gets the money to pay for the rest of your system? It's not really a tax cut, it's more of a subsidy.

I'm just keeping more of my money in my pocket, so I could spend it into economy, right?

So solar panel company A gets 28K for instilling your system. You pay $6,200 of that cost. How does Solar panel company A get the rest of that money from your deductions?

It just doesn't make sense. A tax cut means you pay less in taxes. It does not mean that you pay less for something and government pays it for you.

Pretty simple - Company gets money from me, I pay less to governmet in taxes (get a tax-cut).

It's exactly how righties describe it - "more of my money in my pocket to spend into economy"..only even better since I do in fact spend 100% of it into economy before even getting the tax-cut.

No, that would only be true if you actually paid for the entire system and wrote it off, but by your earlier claim, you paid just a little over 6K and the 22K got paid by the government. That's not a tax cut.

No that is NOT what I said. I said my cost is 6k.

I paid the 29k up front, but will recoup most back in tax-cuts.

The subsidies are going away. Hence the move to make solar panels compulsory.

Unconstitutional. Government can not for citizen's to buy a product.

No one is forcing anyone to buy a house with solar panels on it.

This is for new buildings not existing. So if you don't want to buy a house with solar panels on it, you don't have to.

Meanwhile there are zoning and building codes that all new houses must meet. Solar panels are just one of them.

I guess you would have rejected laws that put inside plumbing in all homes in America and wanted to keep that outhouse with all that bacteria and disease growing in it. And I guess you would have rejected the electrification of America too. It looks like you're happy to use lamps with oil that have that pesky problem of causing homes to burn to the ground. And I guess you don't want electric sockets that trip so that you don't have an electrical fire burning your house down. And I guess you would prefer to chop your wood to burn in a stove for heat and to cook. Who needs those pesky laws that require you to have electricity. Do you still ride a horse or use a horse and buggy for your transportation needs?

The good news is that people who think the way you do are dying off and will be few and far between. Just like those who fought the conversion to electricity and inside plumbing.

Hawaii is the most remote island chain in the world.

They are basically out in the middle of nowhere in the Pacific Ocean. A large part of everything there has to be shipped in. That includes energy.

Except now Hawaii is going renewables. Especially Maui. Which is my second home. They are well above their project goal of 30% renewables by 2020 now. They have 34% renewable.

Solar panels are on a lot of homes and buildings. They have been building a wind farm on the mountains on the north shore. They now have windmills from the top of the mountain all the way to the bottom on the south side of the mountain. The trade winds blow like clockwork from about noon to 6pm. Plus they just brought their first solar farm on line this month.

Their goal is 100% renewables for all the islands.

If Hawaii can do it so can the rest of our nation.

California is with Hawaii in leading the way. My state isn't far behind. We have places here that are the Saudi Arabia of wind and started building our wind farm in the 90s so that now we have one of the largest wind farms in the nation. I get a credit on my electric bill every month from that wind farm. On top of having the third lowest electric rates in the nation. I hope that other states wake up and see that renewables are the future and that the majority of the people in our nation want it.

Click the link below to get info on Maui's program.

Maui’s first large-scale solar project comes online in South Maui

Slippery slope?

They let the homeless shit in the streets. Now THAT'S a slippery slope! :auiqs.jpg:
And they pay them to do it.
California actually gives $200 per month to homeless single men and women. They pay them to shit on the streets.

Unconstitutional. Government can not for citizen's to buy a product.

No one is forcing anyone to buy a house with solar panels on it.

This is for new buildings not existing. So if you don't want to buy a house with solar panels on it, you don't have to.

Meanwhile there are zoning and building codes that all new houses must meet. Solar panels are just one of them.

I guess you would have rejected laws that put inside plumbing in all homes in America and wanted to keep that outhouse with all that bacteria and disease growing in it. And I guess you would have rejected the electrification of America too. It looks like you're happy to use lamps with oil that have that pesky problem of causing homes to burn to the ground. And I guess you don't want electric sockets that trip so that you don't have an electrical fire burning your house down. And I guess you would prefer to chop your wood to burn in a stove for heat and to cook. Who needs those pesky laws that require you to have electricity. Do you still ride a horse or use a horse and buggy for your transportation needs?

The good news is that people who think the way you do are dying off and will be few and far between. Just like those who fought the conversion to electricity and inside plumbing.

Lolol. We are the people who developed indoor plumbing.

You are the people who tell us not to use water and to fertilize our greens with our own feces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back