Confederate Flag Should Stay Up

Taking down the confederate flag is sure going to be a real vote harvest for the republicans. I've met a few southern democrats in my day. 1. It's their flag, the republicans were the Yanks. 2. They LOVE that flag. It literally is their identity, even while they have black friends. 3. It doesn't mean the same thing today as it did in the 1960s. Today it means "a southern way of life, religious, brave, diverse and free".

The democrats pushing for this to happen are just about as stupid as stupid can be. But go ahead, alienate millions of voters. What's the worst that could happen? Maybe the dems will give them a rainbow flag to fly to replace the old one?
White southerners are overwhelmingly registered republicans. They vote overwhelmingly for republican candidates. They have for over 40 years. You do not know any Southern Democrats since most of them are Black and you don't really know any black folks.

Taking down the confederate flag is sure going to be a real vote harvest for the republicans. I've met a few southern democrats in my day. 1. It's their flag, the republicans were the Yanks. 2. They LOVE that flag. It literally is their identity, even while they have black friends. 3. It doesn't mean the same thing today as it did in the 1960s. Today it means "a southern way of life, religious, brave, diverse and free".

The democrats pushing for this to happen are just about as stupid as stupid can be. But go ahead, alienate millions of voters. What's the worst that could happen? Maybe the dems will give them a rainbow flag to fly to replace the old one?
White southerners are overwhelmingly registered republicans. They vote overwhelmingly for republican candidates. They have for over 40 years. You do not know any Southern Democrats since most of them are Black and you don't really know any black folks.

Bullshit! Wow, assume much? I grew up in my "second family" who were...ready for this? Southern Democrats. They had black friends. My best friend in school was black. And hilarious too. This family's older boys who are around their 50s now, had a rebel flag, huge, displayed on their bedroom wall. To them it didn't mean racism. They were proud they had black friends. It was racey, cool to be rebellious of what that flag meant in the 1960s. They were on the new wave of what that flag means to the South; and in fact what it means today.

There may be more registered republicans in the South. That's not the point. The point is that the democrats that were faithful in the South, may be rethinking that. And their numbers are significant enough to turn a purple state red again. Food for thought..

Are those screen shots of you claiming to be an ex marine fake or not?

Of course not, poodle boy......only in the imagination of a fake german pervert and his pet coon. :badgrin:

You mean those screen grabs are fake? There must be one hell of a conspiracy against you. You better keep your tinfoil hat tight. You never know what might happen next. They might put fluoride in your water, or try to force you to get gay married.

Al flags are just brightly colored rags that we imbue with meaning

I don't get all caught up in symbols like the sheep do.

Haiku version:

Flags, brightly colored
rags, we imbue with meaning
meaning that matters

It really doesn't matter.

You see people just parrot what they are told. No child sees the confederate flag or a swastika and says "OOOH That's bad"

By banning symbols we actually give them more power

And I despise Haiku

I don't get all caught up in symbols like the sheep do.
Shouldnt bother you if the confederate flag is taken down then right?

IDGAF but it shouldn't be a big deal if people want to sell it or fly it.

Like I said banning symbols gives them more power not less.

IMO Symbols are meaningless

I demand this fascist anti-Christian flag of hate be taken down.

290396F000000578-3125676-image-a-56_1434414532906.jpg

Bullshit! Wow, assume much? I grew up in my "second family" who were...ready for this? Southern Democrats. They had black friends. My best friend in school was black. And hilarious too. This family's older boys who are around their 50s now, had a rebel flag, huge, displayed on their bedroom wall. To them it didn't mean racism. They were proud they had black friends. It was racey, cool to be rebellious of what that flag meant in the 1960s. They were on the new wave of what that flag means to the South; and in fact what it means today.

There may be more registered republicans in the South. That's not the point. The point is that the democrats that were faithful in the South, may be rethinking that. And their numbers are significant enough to turn a purple state red again. Food for thought..
What part of " that was fifty fucking years ago" are you too dense to understand?

Forum List

Back