Cons, please explain Trump's grocery stores comment

maybe these 'federal' workers and others will smarten up and start living within their means . Plus they should put away some money for future catastrophe and i advise easily accessed cash under the mattress or in a sock plus always use cash when a person spends money . I learned that from my Parents who raised , fed and took care of 5 kids and we lived pretty good in a very desirable area of the USA with full bellies and this way of living was attained by my DAD the single wage earner plus we kids all had good teeth and health . My Parents learned how to run THEIR economy from my Grandparents who also had one wage earner named Grandpa in the family of 3 kids and my Grandmother .

The explanation is self-evident, Trump is out of touch with working people and does not care who he hurts.
Well if democrats cared, we wouldn't be in this situation.View attachment 241953
more republicans voted with dems on their bill
Only 6 democrats voted to pay federal workers during the shut down. The rest voted no. This is going to help Trump in 2020.
Your said nothing about grocery stores.
We wouldn't need grocery stores help, if democrats would have voted to pay the federal workers.
Oh so many years I have lived being self employed and when in a period of famine I would always retort in my mind, "if ifs and buts were candy and nutz we'd all have a Merry Christmas". You can point fingers but it's all of the leaders involved which are doing this.

The explanation is self-evident, Trump is out of touch with working people and does not care who he hurts.
Well if democrats cared, we wouldn't be in this situation.View attachment 241953
Only 6 democrats voted to pay federal workers during the shut down. The rest voted no. This is going to help Trump in 2020.
We wouldn't need grocery stores help, if democrats would have voted to pay the federal workers.
Zero conservatives have explained what their leader meant by his grocery store comment.
This suggest he was on drugs, drunk as fuck, making shit up, or all of the above.

The democrats are going out of their way to maker it harder on their fellow americans.

Trump shut down the government over a campaign promise he can’t keep as Mexico will never send us a penny to fund the border wall.. It’s on him. 100%
But, democrats are making sure unpaid federal workers don't get paid. Trump's going to get the wall one way or another. But the fact will still be, democrats wanted to make the shut down harder for everyone. For political purposes.

How are they doing that? Trump is forcing people to work without pay. The Democrats aren't doing anything to prolong it.

This is all on Trump and the Democrats.

The dems have been offered compromises now and they have refused everything. They need to quit obstructing so govt employees can get paid. It won't be long before their constituents come with the pitchforks and demand an answer as to why they are denying their welfare checks.
McConnell won't even put most bills to a vote.

Looks like dems have to lay in their own pile.

Harry Reid stops Senate immigration bill at House border; deal loses momentum

maybe these 'federal' workers and others will smarten up and start living within their means . Plus they should put away some money for future catastrophe and i advise easily accessed cash under the mattress or in a sock plus always use cash when a person spends money . I learned that from my Parents who raised , fed and took care of 5 kids and we lived pretty good in a very desirable area of the USA with full bellies and this way of living was attained by my DAD the single wage earner plus we kids all had good teeth and health . My Parents learned how to run THEIR economy from my Grandparents who also had one wage earner named Grandpa in the family of 3 kids and my Grandmother .
I have been the sole wage earner when married and raising kids yet no one likes to work for free...Even if you do get paid later your life is set up to the pay period and to be fair no man or woman should have to work for gratis only when the original agreement was a pay period on a certain date.

Zero conservatives have explained what their leader meant by his grocery store comment.
This suggest he was on drugs, drunk as fuck, making shit up, or all of the above.
Who cares? The democrats are making sure their fellow americans are hurting as much as they can.

He must be on drugs because he tried to insult Pelosi by calling her by her first name...Whata zinger winning!

Oh so many years I have lived being self employed and when in a period of famine I would always retort in my mind, "if ifs and buts were candy and nutz we'd all have a Merry Christmas". You can point fingers but it's all of the leaders involved which are doing this.
50905762_776195089381356_4579123822657011712_n.jpg

Some more than others.

Yesterday Donald Trump said that banks and grocery stores would "work along" with furloughed federal workers.
Trump: Local businesses such as grocery stores will 'work along' with feds during shutdown
I understand the bank part. Maybe they will give workers low interest loans.
But can you explain what grocery stores will do?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Grocery stores don't care about federal workers? Grocery stores could very easily give federal workers who have been furloughed gift cards to spend on groceries in their stores. With all the tracking grocery stores do of peoples shopping habits they know who regularly shops in their stores and what they buy.

--------------------------------- GROCERY STORES , my Parents always had a store of canned , dried , frozen and bulk food purchased as time went by and they just kept the food stocked and replenished . Course my Mother and all in the family , everyone actually knew how to cook Centrista !!

Oh, poor creatures. People get laid off or lose their jobs every day in the private sector. Spoiled little helpless creatures.

View attachment 241976
Some more than others.
CrPK-xvUMAAcCLv.jpg

--------------------------------- GROCERY STORES , my Parents always had a store of canned , dried , frozen and bulk food purchased as time went by and they just kept the food stocked and replenished . Course my Mother and all in the family , everyone actually knew how to cook Centrista !!
I grow and can my owns stuff make me own bread and cook every meal at home...But everyone is not me...

I have been the sole wage earner when married and raising kids yet no one likes to work for free...Even if you do get paid later your life is set up to the pay period and to be fair no man or woman should have to work for gratis only when the original agreement was a pay period on a certain date.
The spoiled Federal workers are simply facing the reality that millions of their fellow citizens face and have gone through. They're the ones out of touch.

---------------------------------------- yeah well , such is life but after this time period maybe some people will SMARTEN up as there are NO guarantees of anything Moonglow .

High end grocery stores deliver the comestibles to domestic staff, who have called the order in, in advance. The bills are paid monthly.

In this scenario, the grocery stores could easily grant a month's leeway.

But for people who spend their time in the checkout lines, I don't see any easy way for the grocers to accommodate this short-term "crisis."

OTOH, workers in the Real World who earn salaries on the order of magnitude of Federal GS employees, have either savings or other debt resources that can cover this inconvenience. Don't forget, the average wage for a Fed is nearing six digits, and like all Americans, the vast majority of Fed households have two (2) incomes.

While there is no doubt that some of them are put at hardship by this, they are in a small minority, and the Media seeks out for coverage those who are most dramatically affected, in their continuing campaign to reverse the results of the 2016 election.

80% of the country lives paycheck to paycheck, even those making 6 figures.
The reason people live paycheck to paycheck is because of the massive interest we pay in our indebted society. If discipline is used people could stop this. The thing is if working class it won't make you rich, just debt free or near it and a lot more comfortable. The money lenders are not nice. They lie and fleece us all. I took out a loan expressing if I pay the automobile off that I could do it faster and was told if I did I would get interest money back. It did not happen. You must verify and get certification when you get loans. Even if you pay a little more for it. Credit Unions may be better then Banks. Especially for homes. Remember you may be able to get loans where you could pay off a couple more months at a time taking more principal then interest. You may have to continue each month also without skipping by the agreement. A Federal Reserve Note is not positive money. It is negative money. It tells you on the note. It is for all debts. Under the Federal Reserve Act when you see your monthly bills as an example....You paid 20 dollars in principle and 80 dollars in interest. The 20 dollars is wiped from the system. The interest goes to the greedy bastards who gave you the loan. They are mafia loan sharks, only legal!
Hey welcome to the grown up world.

Try to buy a house with cash. MAYBE...if things go well...the year before you die...you'll be able to do it.

Yea...mortgages are "kind of a scam"...but that's the way it is. There really is no alternative. You wanna rent and pay someone else's mortgage? Fine...have at it

View attachment 241976
Some more than others.
CrPK-xvUMAAcCLv.jpg
So what? I don't care who pays fo it.

High end grocery stores deliver the comestibles to domestic staff, who have called the order in, in advance. The bills are paid monthly.

In this scenario, the grocery stores could easily grant a month's leeway.

But for people who spend their time in the checkout lines, I don't see any easy way for the grocers to accommodate this short-term "crisis."

OTOH, workers in the Real World who earn salaries on the order of magnitude of Federal GS employees, have either savings or other debt resources that can cover this inconvenience. Don't forget, the average wage for a Fed is nearing six digits, and like all Americans, the vast majority of Fed households have two (2) incomes.

While there is no doubt that some of them are put at hardship by this, they are in a small minority, and the Media seeks out for coverage those who are most dramatically affected, in their continuing campaign to reverse the results of the 2016 election.

80% of the country lives paycheck to paycheck, even those making 6 figures.
839DCEEE-8928-4CF2-92B7-A9C8AF400AAE.png
27654118-7AD8-4F44-A120-88738F05DFA5.png

Forbes-
In a June 2018 Bankrate survey, 29% reported that they had a six month or more reserve for emergency expenses, while 23% reported they had no reserve. Eighteen percent said they had a three to five month reserve, and 22% a reserve for fewer than three months. In the January Fox News poll, 20% said they could not miss a paycheck before they couldn’t pay their bills, while 18% said they could miss one paycheck and 16% said they could miss two before they couldn’t pay their bills. Democrats and independents expressed higher levels of concern than Republicans.

Last edited:
The spoiled Federal workers are simply facing the reality that millions of their fellow citizens face and have gone through. They're the ones out of touch.
Those "spoiled Federal workers" are no different than most of us...working their butts off and trying to get by.

Air Traffic Controllers for example do a high stress job...with thousands of OUR lives on the line...and in NORMAL times work 10 hoiur days , 6 days a week.

View attachment 241976
Some more than others.
CrPK-xvUMAAcCLv.jpg
I do he should keep his campaign promises that is why I voted for him.

View attachment 241976
Some more than others.
CrPK-xvUMAAcCLv.jpg
I do he should keep his campaign promises that is why I voted for him.
Obama was going to have the most transparent administration in history. He definetly did not keep that one. Trump has kept more promises than Obama did.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back