Conservatives and the media

The problem is that conservatives have taken a meme and turned it into binary, all-or-nothing gospel. They've done this before, with "greed is good" and "government is the problem", where they take a general principle and make it an a b s o l u t e, applying it completely to every situation, always.

Yes, the national media is biased, and yes, they're hiding it less and less. But now the Right has allowed itself to become convinced that 100% of what they say is "fake", all the time. So, if they don't like a story, it's "fake", whether is any proof of it being fake or not. This is part of what is exacerbating our divide.

And by the way, this was all triggered most recently by the term "fake news", which was originally used against the Right in the context of purely & blatantly fabricated, fantastical stories created by sites such as WND and Info Wars. When ideologues are accurately stung by a term that is appropriate, they immediately try to co-opt it and turn it around. The Left has done this with "snowflake" and (as I've seen here recently) "Identity Politics".

So now the Right labels any news it doesn't like as "fake". That's surely not helpful.
Lie to me once. Shame on you.

Lie to me Twice. Shame on me.

They have lost all credibility. No need to listen to a pack of Liars anymore.

YOU STILL SUPPORT DONALD TRUMP AND BELIEVE HIS PRESS SECTETARY!!!!!
I support Trump. Damn skippy. But believe every damned thing anyone says.....

Not a chance in Hell.

Why do you support Donald Trump?

63e1ecfa28f3c7ee634355ea2a5ae08c.jpg

Conservatives....it seems you don't appreciate the mainstream media. I've been hearing a lot about that these days. So, tell me, what is your solution to all this? State run news? If we don't have freedom of the press as the framers of our constitution demanded, that's exactly where we're headed. Is this really what you want? A system where the truth is what the government tells you it is? I watch Fox News, and also CNN. They seem to have the same agenda, one promoting the right wing, the other promoting the left. It's not a perfect system, but I think it's better than the alternative. What do you think.....?
You are apparently very new to the game. Rush Limbaugh made a name for himself 30 years ago because apart from a very few, like William Buckley, there was no prominent conservative voice. 30 years is a long time ago.

Fortunately it has grown so now there many on the right getting the message out. As far as TV, FOX does lean right and the only major network that is. Even then, unlike the leftist outlets, they consistenly air opposing voices.

Calling out fake or trumped up news has been growing though, but because they have pulled out all the stops and aren't even pretending to be objective anymore. I haven't heard of anyone on the right call for a shutdown of free speech. CNN's number's are in the tank, the marketplace is speaking.

Your OP is disingenuous and ill informed. I have no idea what you were hoping for.

The problem is that conservatives have taken a meme and turned it into binary, all-or-nothing gospel. They've done this before, with "greed is good" and "government is the problem", where they take a general principle and make it an a b s o l u t e, applying it completely to every situation, always.

Yes, the national media is biased, and yes, they're hiding it less and less. But now the Right has allowed itself to become convinced that 100% of what they say is "fake", all the time. So, if they don't like a story, it's "fake", whether is any proof of it being fake or not. This is part of what is exacerbating our divide.

And by the way, this was all triggered most recently by the term "fake news", which was originally used against the Right in the context of purely & blatantly fabricated, fantastical stories created by sites such as WND and Info Wars. When ideologues are accurately stung by a term that is appropriate, they immediately try to co-opt it and turn it around. The Left has done this with "snowflake" and (as I've seen here recently) "Identity Politics".

So now the Right labels any news it doesn't like as "fake". That's surely not helpful.

Not a chance in Hell.

Posted check list.

I don't give a damn about Political Correctness......................The establishment has thrown everything but the kitchen sink at him............He's still standing isn't he.

Your Lies aren't working anymore. Have a Nice day.

Conservatives....it seems you don't appreciate the mainstream media. I've been hearing a lot about that these days. So, tell me, what is your solution to all this? State run news? If we don't have freedom of the press as the framers of our constitution demanded, that's exactly where we're headed. Is this really what you want? A system where the truth is what the government tells you it is? I watch Fox News, and also CNN. They seem to have the same agenda, one promoting the right wing, the other promoting the left. It's not a perfect system, but I think it's better than the alternative. What do you think.....? :bye1:
WE need Gateway Pundit ...:bye1:

U.S. Sen. John McCain took to Facebook early Thursday to issue what he called a Fake News Alert. The pro-Trump alt-right website Gateway Pundit, he said, ran a fake story claiming he had ties with Veselnitskaya. At issue was a photo on Veselnitskaya's Facebook page purportedly taken from inside McCain's D.C. office.

"The photo in question shows Mark Feygin and me, a Russian opposition lawyer working to free Nadiya Savchenko, Ukraine's first female military pilot and Member of the Ukrainian Parliament who had been abducted by pro-Russian separatists and illegally imprisoned in Vladimir Putin's Russia," the Arizona Republican said in the statement.

McCain said he tweeted the photo in April 2015, and for reasons that are unclear Veselnitskaya posted it without comment on her Facebook page with a time stamp of Dec. 24, 2015.

The Gateway Pundit also posted a fake story on Thursday with a screaming headline that alleged former Rep. Ron Dellums had served as a Washington chaperone for Veselnitskaya days after she had met Trump Jr. at Trump Tower.

Internet scrutiny zeroes in on Kremlin-aligned Russian operative Natalia Veselnitskaya
Yeah...John McCain (the crazy warmongering drugged up fool) is a reliable source...CRAZY!

There is nothing "fake" about the now verified fact that radical leftist Ron Dellums met with and is tied to Veseinistkaya. That Open Borders McCain would label it such tells you all you need know about the old fools integrity.

Conservatives....it seems you don't appreciate the mainstream media. I've been hearing a lot about that these days. So, tell me, what is your solution to all this? State run news? If we don't have freedom of the press as the framers of our constitution demanded, that's exactly where we're headed. Is this really what you want? A system where the truth is what the government tells you it is? I watch Fox News, and also CNN. They seem to have the same agenda, one promoting the right wing, the other promoting the left. It's not a perfect system, but I think it's better than the alternative. What do you think.....? :bye1:

False equivalence. There is no comparison between FOX and CNN.

MSNBC is closer to FOX, but at MSNBC they issue retractions and don't use questions as a form of news reporting.

Sorry. FOX is in a world by itself.

CNN is a joke

Tell the truth, stop lying, print only facts that are known. Simple as that.

That was as absolute as it gets. You regularly project your shortcomings. who the fuck said greed was good apart from a movie? We conservative argue that contrary to leftist propaganda that profits are not greed. It's the driving force behind capitalism. I trust a man that provides worthwhile goods or services to better his station in life far more than I trust those that take from one to give to another while skimming a little off the top for themselves. That's what mob bosses do.

'Government is the problem' is a quote out of context from Reagan and no conservative I have ever heard interprets it as a call for no government. You need to take off your partisan blinders.

Supreme Court Justice. CHECK.

Another Supreme Court Justice coming...........soon to CHECK

Less CFR's ........aka regulations........CHECK.

Trans Atlantic Treaty scrapped..........CHECK.

Keystone pipeline...................CHECK

Paris Accords scrapped.............CHECK.........

Media exposed for being a bunch of Liars.................CHECK.

I'm enjoying this shit.

And shit it is:

• McConnell's misfeasance is responsible for the SC appointment
  • Less Regulations create more pollution and enrich the 1%
  • Are trade wars next?
  • How does the Keystone Pipeline benefit US Citizens
  • Trump's disdain for our Planet will harm generations to come
  • Trump is a liar.

[

There is nothing "fake" about the now verified fact that radical leftist Ron Dellums met with and is tied to Veseinistkaya. That Open Borders McCain would label it such tells you all you need know about the old fools integrity.
Here is some fake shit from your Lord and master Donald Trump ....you know you are a submissive little Trump bitch right?
Trump team issued at least 20 denials of contacts with Russia

The Trump officials who denied Russia contact - CNNPolitics.com

Trump Changes Tune On Russian Lawyer Meeting: 'Maybe It Was Mentioned'

Not a chance in Hell.

Posted check list.

I don't give a damn about Political Correctness......................The establishment has thrown everything but the kitchen sink at him............He's still standing isn't he.

I don't lie, I don't need to lie. Calling me a liar does not make it so. When an allegation such as that is made, evidence must accompany it.

Post it, or I for one will continue to see your for what your posts suggest you are: A partisan hack, hateful, ignorant and obnoxious.

• Less Regulations create more pollution and enrich the 1%
  • Are trade wars next?
  • How does the Keystone Pipeline benefit US Citizens
  • Trump is a liar.
How appropriate. An apocalyptic psalm from a religious zealot. Believe or perish!

Not a chance in Hell.

Posted check list.

I don't lie, I don't need to lie. Calling me a liar does not make it so. When an allegation such as that is made, evidence must accompany it.

Post it, or I for one will continue to see your for what your posts suggest you are: A partisan hack, hateful, ignorant and obnoxious.
....says the guy that just posted his religious dogma as divine truth.

And by the way, this was all triggered most recently by the term "fake news", which was originally used against the Right in the context of purely & blatantly fabricated, fantastical stories created by sites such as WND and InfoWars. When ideologues are accurately stung by a term that is appropriate, they immediately try to co-opt it and turn it around. The Left has done this with "snowflake" and (as I've seen here recently) "Identity Politics".

The masses have awakened.

It isn't that 100% of the propaganda that the party press peddles is "fake," it's that the way the party press operates has nothing to do with factual reporting. The party press does not seek out and promote stories based on the factuality of those stories but rather on the impact they have on the party. CNN or that Mexican paper, The NY Times, decide to run a story if that story promotes the agenda of the party, if it slanders the enemies of the party or promotes the further division of Americans. Whether the story happens to be true or not is virtually not considered. It simply doesn't matter, only the furthering of party goals matters.

America grasps this now.

If a house burns down, the Mexican news paper won't report that the house burned down, they will report that Republicans gutted local fire departments that used to inspect houses to ensure that they were fire proof and so burned a poor family out of their home so that a greedy developer could take the lot and build a strip mall. If any of it happens to actually be true, it's purely a coincidence. The goal is to create a narrative in which the party is the savior and the opposition villains.

McConnell's misfeasance is responsible for the SC appointment
Went Nuclear. Made famous by the left under Obama. Reap what you sew.

Less Regulations create more pollution and enrich the 1%
Your War on jobs and industry is ending. And your post is a matter of opinion. I don't agree......so there it is.

Are trade wars next?
Projection and nothing more.

How does the Keystone Pipeline benefit US Citizens
Jobs

• Trump is a liar.
Matter of opinion and that is all it is.

Not a chance in Hell.

Posted check list.

I don't give a flying fuck what you see me as anymore. I see you as a partisan hack already...........I don't care what you call me anymore............That pysch crap has run it's course................with me and the people.

Every trick in the book thrown at Trump. and it failed. Your side is good at one thing now.

Losing.

Forum List

Back