Conservatives: how much money do you think billionaires are obligated to give...

90+% myth busted SO many times it is not funny...

Add to that the fact that the wealth is not the nation's resource.. all wealth and money does not belong to the government nor 'the nation' where they get to dictate how much is enough and whether it has to be forcibly recirculated.... if a person wishes to donate it, or they choose to spend it, or they choose to invest it, or they choose to stick it in coffee cans and bury it like pirate booty is of no consequence nor concern of the government...
Ask yourself this question; do you think the American billionaires and multi-millionaires could have achieved the same level of financial success in any other country? If not, why not?

Hint: They did it by exploiting this Nation's material, administrative, and human resources.

Ask yourself this could dictators like lbrahim Babangida of Nigeria earn 15 billion here? or is that what you want? Hint: They did it by exploiting there Nation's material,
administrative, and human resources.

10 Richest Dictators of all Time | Futurescopes.com

Last edited:

[...]
The following will interest (and educate) you to what is going on with the U.S. Economy:

(Excerpt)

A new report finds that around the world the extremely wealthy have accumulated at least $21 trillion in secretive offshore accounts. That’s a sum equal to the gross domestic products of the United States and Japan added together. The number may sound unbelievable, but the study was conducted by James Henry, former chief economist at the consultancy McKinsey, an expert on tax havens and offshoring. It was commissioned by Tax Justice Network, a British activist group.

Super Rich Hide $21 Trillion Offshore, Study Says - Forbes

(Close)

The money is being generated. The problem is it's being hoarded by a select few. It needs to be circulated.

We need no billionaires but a lot more millionaires and a lot more American workers earning living wages.

Again -- that's twenty-one trillion dollars. If that money were taxed at a reasonable rate the U.S. Economy would be in surplus with zero deficit and our infrastructure would be in perfect condition, including the electrical grid.

This is what I find amusing. A billionaire gives 50 % of his money to charity he will be called a hero by the left. Unless, of course, the charities involve gun rights and pro-life concerns. Then the same billionaire will be called a fascist racist sexist xenophobic nazi hooker. The Kock brothers give lots of money to charity but for some reason this doesn't count. I personally don't care how much money billionaires spend on charity. It would be like me telling billionaires how to dress there children or what toothpaste to buy. Charity is such a personal decision that I wouldn't want to infringe on anybody's privacy or personal ethical stance.

There should be no billionaires!

I am in favor of confiscating all personal assets in excess of twenty million dollars. Twenty million dollars is wealth and there is nothing wrong with wealth. But any amount in excess of twenty million dollars is excessive wealth, which translates to the kind of political power which has poisoned our democracy and threatens to transform the United States into a third world nation.

In anticipation of the typical response to this declaration I must say it is somewhat surprising to note how most Americans who rush to defend the super-rich, almost all of whom have accumulated their hoards via some form of exploitation, haven't a pot to piss in and probably never will pay down their credit cards and settle other debt.

The problem with that thinking (IMHO) is that the government would have less money. An example, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, etc would have no motive to continue their innovations as soon as they reached the 20 million dollar mark. Why not retire and go fishing? Consequently, we would have far fewer jobs which would lead to less money in our society that government could tax.

There should be no billionaires!

I am in favor of confiscating all personal assets in excess of twenty million dollars. Twenty million dollars is wealth and there is nothing wrong with wealth. But any amount in excess of twenty million dollars is excessive wealth, which translates to the kind of political power which has poisoned our democracy and threatens to transform the United States into a third world nation.

In anticipation of the typical response to this declaration I must say it is somewhat surprising to note how most Americans who rush to defend the super-rich, almost all of whom have accumulated their hoards via some form of exploitation, haven't a pot to piss in and probably never will pay down their credit cards and settle other debt.

Sad little people imagine that they have some right to determine what is "rich enough" for "those" others.

:cuckoo:

[...]
The following will interest (and educate) you to what is going on with the U.S. Economy:

(Excerpt)

A new report finds that around the world the extremely wealthy have accumulated at least $21 trillion in secretive offshore accounts. That’s a sum equal to the gross domestic products of the United States and Japan added together. The number may sound unbelievable, but the study was conducted by James Henry, former chief economist at the consultancy McKinsey, an expert on tax havens and offshoring. It was commissioned by Tax Justice Network, a British activist group.

(Close)

The money is being generated. The problem is it's being hoarded by a select few. It needs to be circulated.

We need no billionaires but a lot more millionaires and a lot more American workers earning living wages.

Again -- that's twenty-one trillion dollars. If that money were taxed at a reasonable rate the U.S. Economy would be in surplus with zero deficit and our infrastructure would be in perfect condition, including the electrical grid.

Again we had living wages but my fellow americans wanted cheap shit. So along came the mega stores, with cheap prices, low wages and jobs going overseas . Americans asked for it and they got it. so whats the problem?

Add to that the fact that the wealth is not the nation's resource.. all wealth and money does not belong to the government nor 'the nation' where they get to dictate how much is enough and whether it has to be forcibly recirculated.... if a person wishes to donate it, or they choose to spend it, or they choose to invest it, or they choose to stick it in coffee cans and bury it like pirate booty is of no consequence nor concern of the government...
Ask yourself this question; do you think the American billionaires and multi-millionaires could have achieved the same level of financial success in any other country? If not, why not?

Hint: They did it by exploiting this Nation's material, administrative, and human resources.

Ask yourself this could dictators like lbrahim Babangida of Nigeria earn 15 billion here? or is that what you want? Hint: They did it by exploiting there Nation's material,

How did those dictators manage to accumulate their fortunes? And how do their subjects live? The answer to those questions are a scale model of exactly what I'm talking about. The major difference is the American example is not (yet) so concentrated or obvious.

Give it time.

shhhhh, RDD said liberals dont criticize wealthy people.....us Rws just make it up.....LOLOLOLOL

How did those dictators manage to accumulate their fortunes? And how do their subjects live? The answer to those questions are a scale model of exactly what I'm talking about. The major difference is the American example is not (yet) so concentrated or obvious.

Give it time.

thanks for the post, I get what you are saying now.

Last edited:
Again we had living wages but my fellow americans wanted cheap shit. So along came the mega stores, with cheap prices, low wages and jobs going overseas . Americans asked for it and they got it. so whats the problem?
The problem is greed.

There was a time when I wrongfully attributed greed to only those who had accumulated excessive personal assets. But what I've learned from participating in Internet forums is the sickness of greed affects even those who have no hope of ever being rich -- or even paying off their credit card debt. These people have the sickness but not the financial success it sometimes fosters. And it seems one of the primary symptoms of greed is the inability to see it for what it is. They mistake it for ambition. They are confined by their own bad luck or lack of ability, and like imprisoned thieves they respect and emulate robbers who get away with their loot.

There is a mental disorder which is popularized in a television reality series called, Hoarders. This series deals with individuals whose sickness is manifest in obsessive compulsion to accumulate, to keep, to retain, to hoard. The same mechanism operates in the compulsion to accumulate infinitely more money than one needs to lead a comfortable, happy and luxurious life.

Last edited:

[...]

(Excerpt)

(Close)

If I hide money in old mayo jars off shore, in my back yard or up my own ass is of no concern to the government nor anyone else... and you nor anyone else gets to tell me or anyone how much is enough

But that is beyond the point.. for you quoted about the busted 90+% myth, knew you had nothing, and went off on your little tangent rant

I shudder at the thought of a country where the definition of a happy and comfortable life is dependent on the government. How much money can a citizen keep till he becomes associated with hoarders? How many children can you have before the government decides that you are becoming less happy and comfortable? How many cars is the government going to allow you to have till they decide that you're becoming decadent and unhelpful to the general rules of governmental abstinence. The thing about freedom is that it's so hurtful and unfair sometimes. It's still better than letting the politicians govern your values by confiscating your private property. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for fixing our overly complex ridiculous tax code. A simple flat tax would fix much of our problems I believe. Also, what part about a government unable to balance a budget is supposed to make me comfortable with their financial expertise?

Last edited:
What a person feels is an adequate amount dedicated for philanthropic causes is a personal and moral issue, how anyone can sit in judgment of another as it regards giving is rather presumptuous to say the least. Liberals speak of fairness and taxation, conservatives speak of philanthropy and opportunity for all Americans. Conservatives fully comprehend that one must first earn and accumulate then give, liberals are hell bent on the government to cover their giving, and yes out of someones else's back pocket.

The problem is greed.

Greed is never a problem, unless people are fearful.

There was a time when I wrongfully attributed greed to only those who had accumulated excessive personal assets. But what I've learned from participating in Internet forums is the sickness of greed affects even those who have no hope of ever being rich -- or even paying off their credit card debt. These people have the sickness but not the financial success it sometimes fosters. And it seems one of the primary symptoms of greed is the inability to see it for what it is. They mistake it for ambition. They are confined by their own bad luck or lack of ability, and like imprisoned thieves they respect and emulate robbers who get away with their loot.

There is a mental disorder which is popularized in a television reality series called, Hoarders. This series deals with individuals whose sickness is manifest in obsessive compulsion to accumulate, to keep, to retain, to hoard. The same mechanism operates in the compulsion to accumulate infinitely more money than one needs to lead a comfortable, happy and luxurious life.

And what is wrong with wanting more?

The problem is greed.

With me it was the opposite, I had work release my jr. year in high school at 16 years old. I only went to school partime and worked at my dads automation building factory. [He didnt own it, just got me the job] This was 1982 and I could not believe how lazy these fuck heads were and not care about the lack of quality they were producing. Every Friday around 2 pm they would stop working and clean up drinking beer from a keg. I started to dive into reading books about Quality control. Got another factory job at 18 years old at a small Plastics factory and became the plant manager at 21. Guess I am telling to much about myself. With the internet and threads like this I am begining to figure out that the rich just might be hoarding to much money that needs to be in circulation. but whats the solution? The left reports the tax holiday didnt work?

Last edited:
If I hide money in old mayo jars off shore, in my back yard or up my own ass is of no concern to the government nor anyone else... and you nor anyone else gets to tell me or anyone how much is enough
I don't recommend you tell that to the Internal Revenue Service.

But that is beyond the point.. for you quoted about the busted 90+% myth, knew you had nothing, and went off on your little tangent rant
The rate was 91%, not 90%. And it's not a myth. Go here:
http://s3.moveon.org/images/tax_rate-chart550.gif

Being a billionaire is excess. Anyone who earns that luxury deserves that luxury, but there is such a thing as misusing your fortune. As a billionaire, you can set up both yourself and your family for life and still have a shit load left over.

Why not put it to good use? Cancer research, diabetes, boys and girls program, take your pick. To me it is just WRONG to squander something that can do so much good.

You contradicted yourself so many times there that I got a headache trying to follow you through to the end.

You don't follow me because you obviously cant keep up.

Like I said before, if you can't explain how I contradicted myself, don't bother saying it.

Forum List

Back