Conservatives in Congress Introduce Legislation to End NFL Subsidies Following Protests

The NFL Kneelers are dumb racist who are being exploited by left wing demagogue pundits and politicians

No , they are kneeling due to racial injustice by cops. They have every right.

But Penny; they're shitting on the Flag and Anthem to make a point that is totally unrelated!! A bit like shooting ducks because the chooks ate the grain.

Greg

No, you're just taking it the wrong way on purpose to avoid discussing racial injustice by cops. It happens with every protest since protests existed.

One group protests a wrong doing while the other group, in this case yourself, pretends that the style of the protest is more important aND needs more attention than the protested injustice.

BUT you being upset about kneeling will never match how upset someone is when the cops shoot them dead. I know you FEEL it's a tie, but it's not

More red meat for the rubes. The NFL league office was the only NFL entity that received a tax break. Btw, they ended that themselves in 2015. The individual teams have always paid taxes as have the players. The new law will effect other professional sports however. The stadiums are a local matter but the Bonds issues do get some federal breaks. Since 2000 the new stadiums built got a total of 1.1 billion in tax breaks. But there again other sports received more breaks than football for their stadiums too.

Leave it to the Republicans to raise taxes.

Rah, rah rah.

Is the NFL getting 'massive tax breaks', as Trump said?
The other sports' players aren't disrespecting the country like the footballers are. Did anybody see the national anthem ceremonies of the 2 World Series games played this week ?

Not one person in the whole stadium (in Los Angeles) was kneeling. The singers were terrific, and the whole presentation was honorable to the max.

The fact is that they are being targeted which makes this a abuse of power. The free speech clause protects free speech from government interference. Kneeling does not make it honorable or dishonorable. You are dishonorable by using it to divide people.

They are not. You are the ones shitting on the Anthem and flag. When I joined the service., I took a oath to defend the Constitution of the United States not the flag or anthem. I defended this country for them to kneel if they so desire. These Congressmen take the same oath to defend the Constitution. These so-called conservatives are abusing their authority to go after their enemies. They want to divide this country and keep the rubes satisfied. Hate animates Republicans more than ideas. How the party has changed since Ronald Reagan.
FALSE! The flag and anthem represent much more than the Constitution. They represent the entire country, the whole military, past & present, and thousands of soldiers, sailors, etc who sacrificed their lives in wars.

The kneelers aren't just exercising free speech. They could do that out in the street like everyone else. They are deliberately attacking the flag and anthem and everything I just mentioned. And in so doing, THEY are the ones dividing the country, with little or no cause to crab about. Trump was right to call them SOBs. That's just what they are, and traitors as well.

As for the Constitution (free speech), not all speech is free. The 1st amendment is the weakest part of the Constitution, with numerous exceptions to free speech. They ought to make disrespecting the flag and anthem another one of those.

It was bound to happen. NFL owners should have fired these overpaid loudmouths before they wound up costing the owners millions$$$. Now the owners will lose millions$$$ in subsidies, that are offered when NFL teams build or refurbish their stadiums.

Republican Congressman Steve Russell of Oklahoma is a highly decorated 21-year combat veteran who lost comrades in deployments overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait. He knows firsthand the sacrifices veterans have made for his country.

He, like many other Republican Congressmen, believe the current NFL protests, begun last year by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, have crossed the line in terms of lack of patriotism among spoiled football players. To that end, Russell has introduced legislation that would end federal subsidies for the NFL.

Also, legislation, to do the same, is being introduced by Florida Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz, who is now lead sponsor of the Pro Sports Act, which was introduced by former Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz,.

So NFL owners will lose Billions$$ because they couldn't (or wouldn't) control their bigmouth players .Should have gotten rid of these dopes before they caused all he trouble.

Trump calls for end to NFL tax breaks -- bill already in place!

Conservatives in Congress Introduce Legislation to End NFL Subsidies Following Protests
Lets eview here.

You jackasses actually voted for a man who did insult war heroes, disrespected Gold Star families, and trashed POWs & now you are upset because some people are protesting police brutality because you are so ignorant, you think the protesters disrespect the military.

When you voted for Trump, you disrespected the military.

The kneelers want the entire NFL to engage in social justice awareness. The fans don't want to be preached to at football games. That's why the fans are withdrawing. The world is working exactly as it is supposed to. The kneelers can be treated just like the crazy guy in the park screaming "The End is Nigh". Get ignored. Lose those millions. The kneelers should be made to suffer financially until they get the message.

That is so much bullshit. I have been to football games and when the Anthem is played, most fans are getting their food. These very same people who criticize the players are disrespecting the flag. The fact is that Donald Trump has turned this into a political issue to divide people. The rubes are too blinded by hate to see through it.

It was bound to happen. NFL owners should have fired these overpaid loudmouths before they wound up costing the owners millions$$$. Now the owners will lose millions$$$ in subsidies, that are offered when NFL teams build or refurbish their stadiums.

Republican Congressman Steve Russell of Oklahoma is a highly decorated 21-year combat veteran who lost comrades in deployments overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait. He knows firsthand the sacrifices veterans have made for his country.

He, like many other Republican Congressmen, believe the current NFL protests, begun last year by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, have crossed the line in terms of lack of patriotism among spoiled football players. To that end, Russell has introduced legislation that would end federal subsidies for the NFL.

Also, legislation, to do the same, is being introduced by Florida Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz, who is now lead sponsor of the Pro Sports Act, which was introduced by former Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz,.

So NFL owners will lose Billions$$ because they couldn't (or wouldn't) control their bigmouth players .Should have gotten rid of these dopes before they caused all he trouble.

Even if the Protests NEVER happened, the NFL is rich, and should not be receiving even a dollar of taxpayer funds for ANYTHING. It should be banned from extorting cities to finance their stadiums.
The NFL is not the only ones. The city of Cincinatti put up a $250 million dollar stadium for the Reds in Great American Ball park. The owner thanks Cincinatti by gutting the salaries out of an all ready bad team and dumps all their good players. What a dick!! Good thing the Bannana man is gone! Worst owner ever! This is what you get when you use a profit above all philosophe.

We all miss Marge Schott

They are not. You are the ones shitting on the Anthem and flag. When I joined the service., I took a oath to defend the Constitution of the United States not the flag or anthem. I defended this country for them to kneel if they so desire. These Congressmen take the same oath to defend the Constitution. These so-called conservatives are abusing their authority to go after their enemies. They want to divide this country and keep the rubes satisfied. Hate animates Republicans more than ideas. How the party has changed since Ronald Reagan.
FALSE! The flag and anthem represent much more than the Constitution. They represent the entire country, the whole military, past & present, and thousands of soldiers, sailors, etc who sacrificed their lives in wars.

The kneelers aren't just exercising free speech. They could do that out in the street like everyone else. They are deliberately attacking the flag and anthem and everything I just mentioned. And in so doing, THEY are the ones dividing the country, with little or no cause to crab about. Trump was right to call them SOBs. That's just what they are, and traitors as well.

As for the Constitution (free speech), not all speech is free. The 1st amendment is the weakest part of the Constitution, with numerous exceptions to free speech. They ought to make disrespecting the flag and anthem another one of those.

The flag represents FREEDOM

That freedom includes freedom of speech and freedom of assembly
It is more than "My country right or wrong"

The NFL Kneelers are dumb racist who are being exploited by left wing demagogue pundits and politicians

But Penny; they're shitting on the Flag and Anthem to make a point that is totally unrelated!! A bit like shooting ducks because the chooks ate the grain.

Greg

So when you stand with your hand on your heart you're crapping on the flag? That's a novel idea.

The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.", should be rendered by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute.

Gee; that pledge sorta sounds familiar.

U.S. Flag Code: How to Respect the Flag | Military.com

Greg

No, you're just taking it the wrong way on purpose to avoid discussing racial injustice by cops. It happens with every protest since protests existed.

One group protests a wrong doing while the other group, in this case yourself, pretends that the style of the protest is more important aND needs more attention than the protested injustice.

BUT you being upset about kneeling will never match how upset someone is when the cops shoot them dead. I know you FEEL it's a tie, but it's not
A post couldn't be more backwards than this one. The idea that the kneelers are protesting a wrong of racial injustice by cops is a laughingstock. That is nothing more than the concoction set up by the Obama/Sharpton/Jackson race hustlers in 2016, to gin up votes for the Democrat candidate. Millions of blacks fell for it, as the race hustlers knew they would, and then we got riots (Ferguson, Baltimore, etc), when Obama, Holder, etc. threatened mayors and governors with DOJ lawsuits, if they allowed their cops and National Guard to do their jobs.

These so-called "racial injustice" cases have, one after another, turned out to be false, with cops being falsely arrested only to be vindicated in the end.

The people who were shot dead were shot dead JUSTIFIABLY, and I'll even name names >> Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Terrence Crutcher, Walter Scott, Laquan McDonald, and plenty more.

And there is no pretending about the seriousness of the disrespecting of the flag, anthem, military, country. That is the real issue issue here, and the only one.

The kneelers want the entire NFL to engage in social justice awareness. The fans don't want to be preached to at football games. That's why the fans are withdrawing. The world is working exactly as it is supposed to. The kneelers can be treated just like the crazy guy in the park screaming "The End is Nigh". Get ignored. Lose those millions. The kneelers should be made to suffer financially until they get the message.

That is so much bullshit. I have been to football games and when the Anthem is played, most fans are getting their food. These very same people who criticize the players are disrespecting the flag. The fact is that Donald Trump has turned this into a political issue to divide people. The rubes are too blinded by hate to see through it.
the fact you are saying trump made this political says it all. it was political before he got to it.

now he took a big gas whiz on the fire, yes. but he didn't start it.

Looks like you don't care for protesters. What happened to "I disagree with you, but defend to death your right to say it"?
Now this congressman who served in the middle east and lost fellow soldiers over there. I myself question the statement "they died for their country" since we are the country always invading other countries. We've been doing that ever since I enlisted back when JFK was prez and we're still invading and interfering whenever and wherever. And always, always, countries that have no capability to invade us back in retaliation. Think of the trillions wasted and for what? Maybe that's partly what these players are protesting also.

Not all speech is free, there are numerous exceptions. And there is no such thing as freedom of speech in private industry. Just go out and say the boss's daughter is a hooker, and see how long you last on that job.

I have no problem with the protests, other than the fact that it's now the cool thing to do, rather than the focus being on the alleged problem of racial injustice by cops (I still do not buy that bullshit for a second, but I digress).

My problem is with the NFL's inconsistent enforcement of its own rules.

NFL rules require players to stand during the national anthem. NFL rules also require that players only wear approved decals, patches, or other items on their uniforms during games.

The Kneeling Nancy's have been shitting on NFL rules without permission or repercussions.

The Dallas Cowboys wanted to wear a decal in support of the fallen Dallas Police Officers who were murdered by that racist black fucktard WHILE the police were providing protection for the BLM protesters to protest the police. The Cowboys asked permission before doing it. The NFL said no.

The NFL supports public anti-cop actions during NFL broadcasts, but does not support police being honored with decals.

The inference: The NFL hates cops and supports cop murdering.

So, fuck the NFL. Roger Goodell is the worst sports commissioner, past, present, and future.

I fucking hope the NFL goes motherfucking bankrupt for this horseshit. I hope a competing entity takes over and replaces the NFL. Fuck that organization and its PC, one-sided, bullshit, commie narrative ass!!!

Either way, WE should not be FORCED to pay A GODDAMN DIME to the NFL through taxation and subsidies. At a minimum, there should be an anti-trust investigation.

Greg

No; I do not give a toss about your delusions about "pigs in a blanket" and so on. If at a time I feel inclined to discuss that then I will. The issue is disrespecting the Flag and Anthem. Conflating the Flag with some evil empire is a left wing axiom. The reason is that they hate America. The kneelers align themselves with rioters and looters as do most lefties. We saw nazis co-opt the statues issue; the left also co-opts any issue that they can use to crap on America. "Pigs in a blanket" is one of those issues. Kneelers is another.

Greg

Not all speech is free, there are numerous exceptions. And there is no such thing as freedom of speech in private industry. Just go out and say the boss's daughter is a hooker, and see how long you last on that job.

Americans are free to protest
That includes the flag

Their boss is the NFL and the NFL condones what they did

A post couldn't be more backwards than this one. The idea that the kneelers are protesting a wrong of racial injustice by cops is a laughingstock

Welp, we can end this stupidness right here because everyone knows you don't get to say what's "real" or not on behalf of others. But it's just another tried and true side step. Take one groups concerns and say it's not real somehow that way you can attempt to continue to ignore it.

Sorry bud. No matter what you call a laughingstock at the end of the day they are protesting injustices committed by police. You think that's something to protect. Hey, we all like what we like.

Not all speech is free, there are numerous exceptions. And there is no such thing as freedom of speech in private industry. Just go out and say the boss's daughter is a hooker, and see hw long you last on that job.
Those who do not understand the limit on speech apparently fail to understand the meaning/usage of "free" in this context.

Proper meaning/usage:
Free = unobstructed

Improper meaning/usage:
Free = ain't cost shit

Government will not obstruct speech, but there are consequences for the time, place, and manner in certain circumstances.

In the private sector (NFL), you have the right to free speech. You do not have the right to be a player on an NFL roster. Releasing a player for exercising free speech is not an obstruction.

Could the NFL release a white player for publicly supporting/joining the KKK and saying that he hates all black people?

Looks like you don't care for protesters. What happened to "I disagree with you, but defend to death your right to say it"?
Now this congressman who served in the middle east and lost fellow soldiers over there. I myself question the statement "they died for their country" since we are the country always invading other countries. We've been doing that ever since I enlisted back when JFK was prez and we're still invading and interfering whenever and wherever. And always, always, countries that have no capability to invade us back in retaliation. Think of the trillions wasted and for what? Maybe that's partly what these players are protesting also.
This isn't 1968, and the Vietnam War isn't raging. For your edification, the US is the # 1 VICTIM of invasion in the world today, with $133 Billion/year being lost in remittances. Imperialism (except for ISIS) is no longer done with guns & bombs. It is done with the imperialist countries sending millions of poor people to the prey country (USA), getting jobs there, and sending the wages$$ back to the home country (Remittances$$$)

Remittance Flows Worldwide in 2015

Thereby, the imperialist country pillages the prey country for its wealth, with tens of Billions$$/year being extracted out of the prey country (USA) economy, and reinserted into the imperialist country's economy. This pillaging is being done by manipulation of laws, and often breaking laws (as in illegal immigration), and the complicity of vested interests in the prey country (ex. in the US > Democrats, churches, unions, Spanish media, greedy businesses, etc)

As for the freedom of speech angle, I've already addressed that more than once in this thread. Just read the thread.

Last edited:

Greg

No; I do not give a toss about your delusions about "pigs in a blanket" and so on. If at a time I feel inclined to discuss that then I will. The issue is disrespecting the Flag and Anthem. Conflating the Flag with some evil empire is a left wing axiom. The reason is that they hate America. The kneelers align themselves with rioters and looters as do most lefties. We saw nazis co-opt the statues issue; the left also co-opts any issue that they can use to crap on America. "Pigs in a blanket" is one of those issues. Kneelers is another.Greg

Again, this isn't about what you give a toss about. Or your feelings and other silly shit. You're just following the playbook and either believe that police abuse isn't a big deal for those being abused (which is brave btw) or you're just playing your part.

Forum List

Back