Conservatives mock ‘Bring Back Our Girls’ hashtag

The new way....
Someone does something bad...you get home put on your PJ's and take action using social media.

Yup.If you are in Middle School.

Wtf dood?

I've never attempted to "silence" anybody; had it pulled on me (see AzMike above) but all I did was take umbrage at being called a "liar" for not having heard a religious angle to the original story.

Did you get that? A "liar" for not having heard. The troll presumes to look out from inside my head.

As for post 163, yes you were the first to bring it up, it's still back there in quotes, and you used it to try to wedge a couple of other posters on your own self-confessed assumption that they were anti-Christian. Something they never brought up at all. So don't play innocent; it's on the record.

Frankly it wasn't all that big a deal but when Asshole called me a liar, you know what I did? Nothing. I let it go. Then when I didn't take his bait, he came after me. So cut the bullshit. Let's move on.

Frankly, I'm surprised at you willfully ignoring it. First, the article itself mentions that Boko Haram is a group of "islamist militants." Second, the actions they undertook are indeed anti-Christian. And kidrocks? Given his/her posting history, and what I've seen them post, that individual is indeed anti-Christian. Sure, and then again you referring to the God I worship as an "imaginary sky pixie" kinda takes the legs right from under your argument. You can't call me for inserting religion into a debate when you resorted to saying those things.

Moreover, you fail to look at the story from a wider scope. Extremist Muslims all over northern and central Africa have taken to killing Jews and Christians. This is a much broader religious issue than you think. These terrorists are motivated by their twisted versions of Islam. Therefore, and as seen in the past, all of their actions; the murder, the bombings, the persecution of Christians, Women and Jews are all motivated by their twisted religious devotion.

No TK, these "wider scopes" and "anti-Christians" and "extremist Muslims all over Africa" inferred from outside sources, none of that was a part of this thread until you brought in, in post 163, "these girls are Christians" and tried to make a wedge out of it against posters who never themselves brought it up. That IS trolling, and I called it what it was, period. And I noted the irony where your same post chastised others for politicizing, while oblivious to having just done it yourself.

It's not a big deal and would have died there but for the Old Troll who got bored and came after me hours later, after you were already gone.

And "sky pixie" is a common term I've picked up here, was a response to Windbag's observation about praying to a "#", and the term in no way specifies Christianity or any other religion anyway. Plus that was long, long after post 163, so let's not get creative with the sequencing.

As noted elsewhere, this thread is not about the militants or the kidnapping. It's about the idea of twitting. All this extra baggage about "these are Christians" and "those are Muslims" I'll have to take your word for it but for the purpose of this thread it's all irrelevant.

No TK, these "wider scopes" and "anti-Christians" and "extremist Muslims all over Africa" inferred from outside sources, none of that was a part of this thread until you brought in, in post 163, "these girls are Christians" and tried to make a wedge out of it against posters who never themselves brought it up. That IS trolling, and I called it what it was, period. And I noted the irony where your same post chastised others for politicizing, while oblivious to having just done it yourself.
No, Pogo, Boko Haram is just as "anti-Christian" as the rest. No inference is needed, since Boko is a prime example. It was not trolling either. You may think you have some magician's power to alter reality or make it what you will, but not here. Reality isn't what you tell it to be. Trolling is what the OP did. Moreover, the irony here is that you failed to notice how in the very title of this thread, the author MADE it a political issue by mentioning conservatives by name. So, the damage had already been done long before I stepped foot in here. He set the table, not I.

It's not a big deal and would have died there but for the Old Troll who got bored and came after me hours later, after you were already gone.
I've been debating on political boards for a few years now. What I've learned most recently is that instead of responding to everything and every post, you have the option to ignore them. There was no need for this fracas, the name calling, the abject puerility. The author had long been shamed into abandoning his own thread, as I thought when I left. Then I was taken aback when I saw people still discussing post 163. But nevermind. We aren't even discussing it anymore, just semantics and minutia.

And "sky pixie" is a common term I've picked up here, was a response to Windbag's observation about praying to a "#", and the term in no way specifies Christianity or any other religion anyway. Plus that was long, long after post 163, so let's not get creative with the sequencing.
I'm going to be perfectly honest here. As a child, my grandmother always said, "Don't go around repeating what other people say. It'll get you into trouble." I believe that the term "sky pixie" is a religiously bigoted term, and is very offensive to me as a Christian. Who cares about the sequencing.

As noted elsewhere, this thread is not about the militants or the kidnapping. It's about the idea of twitting. All this extra baggage about "these are Christians" and "those are Muslims" I'll have to take your word for it but for the purpose of this thread it's all irrelevant.
First of all:

Boko Haram, a group of Islamist militants, attacked a school in Chibok nearly one month ago and kidnapped 276 individuals. Since, they took eight additional girls and threatened to “sell” them all on the market.
Second, you started this by coming after me. Why are you quitting?

Last edited:
Hashtag-NRD-600-wLogo.jpg

Frankly, I'm surprised at you willfully ignoring it. First, the article itself mentions that Boko Haram is a group of "islamist militants." Second, the actions they undertook are indeed anti-Christian. And kidrocks? Given his/her posting history, and what I've seen them post, that individual is indeed anti-Christian. Sure, and then again you referring to the God I worship as an "imaginary sky pixie" kinda takes the legs right from under your argument. You can't call me for inserting religion into a debate when you resorted to saying those things.

Moreover, you fail to look at the story from a wider scope. Extremist Muslims all over northern and central Africa have taken to killing Jews and Christians. This is a much broader religious issue than you think. These terrorists are motivated by their twisted versions of Islam. Therefore, and as seen in the past, all of their actions; the murder, the bombings, the persecution of Christians, Women and Jews are all motivated by their twisted religious devotion.

No, Pogo, Boko Haram is just as "anti-Christian" as the rest. No inference is needed, since Boko is a prime example. It was not trolling either.

Doesn't matter; Boko Haram is still not the topic here. In fact until this moment I haven't even posted their name. And yes, you brought the inference in as regards "Christians". It was the first time that was mentioned at all -- including the OP and the article therein. And you did so in order to wedge two other posters who never even brought it up. So yes that absolutely is baiting. I don't know what's elusive about that but it's clearly not worth two days of denial.

Trolling is what the OP did.

I agree with that. Doesn't mean nobody else can do it.

Moreover, the irony here is that you failed to notice how in the very title of this thread, the author MADE it a political issue by mentioning conservatives by name.

How did I "fail to notice" that? The thread was under way when I got here. Matter of fact I'll go you one better; the OP declares that "conservatives" mock such and such, where it was really just a few talking heads on Fox Noise. That clearly does not contrive "conservatives" as a group, so that's a fallacy by itself.

That's the irony; I came in here to basically agree with Fox Noise, and this is the thanks I get.
thud.gif

So, the damage had already been done long before I stepped foot in here. He set the table, not I.

You're incapable of posting on your own?

No, I didn't respond to your post to compare to the OP; I responded to comment on your post. And the irony that in the same post you took somebody to task for politicizing, you then turned around and did it yourself. One line, that's all it needed.

I've been debating on political boards for a few years now. What I've learned most recently is that instead of responding to everything and every post, you have the option to ignore them.

Then why are you alluding back to the OP?? :banghead: Don't I have the option to ignore it? We're talking about your post-- not his. His was old; yours was fresh.

There was no need for this fracas, the name calling, the abject puerility.

Again I agree. Tell it to the old troll who came after me hours later last night proclaiming he knows what's in my head.

The author had long been shamed into abandoning his own thread, as I thought when I left. Then I was taken aback when I saw people still discussing post 163. But nevermind. We aren't even discussing it anymore, just semantics and minutia.

:dunno: Maybe he did, I don't know. I had no contact with the OP. I don't get why you keep on going back to him.

I'm going to be perfectly honest here. As a child, my grandmother always said, "Don't go around repeating what other people say. It'll get you into trouble."

?

I believe that the term "sky pixie" is a religiously bigoted term, and is very offensive to me as a Christian. Who cares about the sequencing.

The sequencing is critical because you just got done saying "sky pixie" shot the legs out from my calling out your politicizing. Pray, how could it have done that, when it did not at the time yet exist?? Things happen in the order they happen. It matters. And second, feel free to explain how the term "sky pixie" refers to Christianity. As opposed to Allah for example.

That's not the main thing though-- the main thing is this:
it wasn't posted to you.

Now if Windbag, to whom it was posted, wants to take offense, he can. I knew it wouldn't be offensive to him so it amounted to simple colourful verbage, which you know I employ continually. You actually want to step in and control what third parties are saying to each other? Think about it.

First of all:

Boko Haram, a group of Islamist militants, attacked a school in Chibok nearly one month ago and kidnapped 276 individuals. Since, they took eight additional girls and threatened to “sell” them all on the market.
Second, you started this by coming after me. Why are you quitting?

Huh?

That makes no sense. The passage you quoted above just made the point that all of that crap is irrelevant to the thread. It still is. And after the clock pushes past midnight, it still will be. That's not "quitting"; it's noting what the topic is.

:beer:

Last edited:
Anyway Pogo, we're beating a dead horse now. Let the poor animal rest in peace. Precedents had already been set in this thread to discuss the religion of these girls. I've got dinner to finish. Just waiting on the chuck to defrost.

Anyway Pogo, we're beating a dead horse now. Let the poor animal rest in peace. Precedents had already been set in this thread to discuss the religion of these girls. I've got dinner to finish. Just waiting on the chuck to defrost.

You know it's ah, kind of late in the day for the weight thing, just sayin'. I'm down 40 btw. :rock:

I have to stand corrected, I actually did have an exchange with the OP. I forgot about it because I didn't even remember who he was --

That's because it's stupid. Hash tags don't free hostages. Action does. The “Bring Back Our Girls” Internet campaign, if you can call it that, is just a way for politicians and Hollywood celebrities to feel good about themselves.

It's also a way of dissipating energy that could have been constructive elsewhere. Kind of like a political heat sink -- it dissipates and dissolves, no muss no fuss. As George Carlin noted in the past, we used to simply "declare war" on issues -- "War on Drugs, War on Poverty, War on Crime --- we don't do anything about it, we just declare war on it."

Now we don't even do that -- we tweet, preferably before the light turns green for the mall where we're going for what really matters -- that new iPad. :eusa_dance:

I always say, "if a wrecker is for wrecks, what's Twitter for?"

Spare us your elitist bullshit. Thanks.

You know it's ah, kind of late in the day for the weight thing, just sayin'. I'm down 40 btw. :rock:

I have to stand corrected, I actually did have an exchange with the OP. I forgot about it because I didn't even remember who he was --

It's also a way of dissipating energy that could have been constructive elsewhere. Kind of like a political heat sink -- it dissipates and dissolves, no muss no fuss. As George Carlin noted in the past, we used to simply "declare war" on issues -- "War on Drugs, War on Poverty, War on Crime --- we don't do anything about it, we just declare war on it."

Now we don't even do that -- we tweet, preferably before the light turns green for the mall where we're going for what really matters -- that new iPad. :eusa_dance:

I always say, "if a wrecker is for wrecks, what's Twitter for?"

yea he seems to have disappeared....Kid did not rock to well in this thread....

What the hell... I happen to have a very fulfilled life people. Don't have time to hang around here all day. I have things to do, to see, to smell (roses). Busy, busy, busy.

Anyways, I see you r-wingers are still mocking, still smirking, and talking crap about me.

How predictable is that?

BTW... has your congressman rescued the girls yet?

What the hell... I happen to have a very fulfilled life people. Don't have time to hang around here all day. I have things to do, to see, to smell (roses). Busy, busy, busy.

Anyways, I see you r-wingers are still mocking, still smirking, and talking crap about me.

How predictable is that?

mine is Loretta Sanchez....she would not soil her hands on something like that........

How predictable is that?

"Anyways, I see you r-wingers are still mocking, still smirking, and talking crap about me."
We want to make you feel important.

How predictable is that?

mine is Loretta Sanchez....she would not soil her hands on something like that........

Maybe we can get the Rev. Al Sharpton or Bill Richardson to intercede and bring our girls back. Better yet... Jimmy Carter.

Forum List

Back