Constitutional Right To Peacefully Assemble Latest 'Victim' of Govt COVID-19 Crackdown

Govt flexes muscle to show citizens / Constitution / Founding Fathers who's 'Boss'....

One Arrested as Raleigh, NC Police Suspend First Amendment; Declare Coronavirus Lockdown Protest “Non-Essential Activity”

'Raleigh, North Carolina police suspended the First Amendment Tuesday, dispersing a protest against the COVID-19 Chinese coronavirus lockdown and arresting one protester for failing to disperse. The police issued a statement declaring “Protesting is a non-essential activity” that was in violation of an executive order by Governor Roy Cooper (D) prohibiting mass gatherings.'

What is considered 'non-essential activity' by the government is a right protected by the Constitution from a government who seeks to quell all peaceful assemblies...

Add this one to the list of Constitutional Rights - like exercise of religious freedom - being trampled in the name of 'preventing the spread of CPVID-19'.

Benjamin Franklin - Liberty/Security - Comments on Mass. Refusal to Alter Charters/Laws to Avoid War

As to the other two acts, the Massachusetts must suffer all the hazards and mischiefs of war rather than admit the alteration of their charters and laws by Parliament. They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.’

Another way to look at it.

It's not just about YOUR safety. It's about those you might infect in the process of exercising your "liberty".

"might?"

"Clause 2: The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

Has the President suspended Habeas Corpus or not?

If not, why not?

Otherwise, I don't think you petty tyrants have a case. Do you REALLY want Trump to suspend it? That is the only legal grounds you have to enforce what you want.

Quite frankly, I am astonished the left would be the ones wanting to give the President this sort of power.

Good luck with that. . . . :20:

Petty tyrants? Really?

So you think it's perfectly fine to suspend all public health concerns during an epidemic?

AND - what power, exactly, is being given the president here? These decisions are up to the various state governors.

Those who want to gather, let them. But afterwards they cannot go back into the general public. Bus those who gather into an area they cannot infect others. Let them continually gather together until the crisis is over. Just stay the hell away of people who do not feel their life is worth risking so they can gather.
Wow.

How Stalinistic of you.

Govt flexes muscle to show citizens / Constitution / Founding Fathers who's 'Boss'....

One Arrested as Raleigh, NC Police Suspend First Amendment; Declare Coronavirus Lockdown Protest “Non-Essential Activity”

'Raleigh, North Carolina police suspended the First Amendment Tuesday, dispersing a protest against the COVID-19 Chinese coronavirus lockdown and arresting one protester for failing to disperse. The police issued a statement declaring “Protesting is a non-essential activity” that was in violation of an executive order by Governor Roy Cooper (D) prohibiting mass gatherings.'

What is considered 'non-essential activity' by the government is a right protected by the Constitution from a government who seeks to quell all peaceful assemblies...

Add this one to the list of Constitutional Rights - like exercise of religious freedom - being trampled in the name of 'preventing the spread of CPVID-19'.

Benjamin Franklin - Liberty/Security - Comments on Mass. Refusal to Alter Charters/Laws to Avoid War

As to the other two acts, the Massachusetts must suffer all the hazards and mischiefs of war rather than admit the alteration of their charters and laws by Parliament. They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.’

Another way to look at it.

It's not just about YOUR safety. It's about those you might infect in the process of exercising your "liberty".

"might?"

"Clause 2: The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

Has the President suspended Habeas Corpus or not?

If not, why not?

Otherwise, I don't think you petty tyrants have a case. Do you REALLY want Trump to suspend it? That is the only legal grounds you have to enforce what you want.

Quite frankly, I am astonished the left would be the ones wanting to give the President this sort of power.

Good luck with that. . . . :20:

What does the POTUS have to do with state and local ordinances? Did I sleep through an Amendment?

So you don't know what "Strawman" means EITHER?
Straw Man Fallacy Defined

The straw man fallacy involves misrepresenting an opponent’s position to make it easier to refute. Straw man arguments often oversimplify opposing views or disregard inconvenient points in favor of points that are easy to argue against.

Where did ANYONE say that a violent (or racist) mob intending to commit a crime has a constitutionally protected right to assemble for that purpose?

EXACTLY. Therefore it is not a "peaceable" assembly is it.

Weird how the OP wimped out of admitting that.
So, how does that even remotely relate to a church/religious gathering? They are not assembly FOR THE PURPOSE of committing criminal acts against others.

(this should be entertaining)

So...lets say polio mutated and the vaccine was no longer protective.

No quarantine right? We'll just take a Darwinian approach to it because individual rights are far more important than public safety during an emergency.

Those who want to gather, let them. But afterwards they cannot go back into the general public. Bus those who gather into an area they cannot infect others. Let them continually gather together until the crisis is over. Just stay the hell away of people who do not feel their life is worth risking so they can gather.

That's exactly what I said a week ago, whenever it was, about the narcissistic preacher endangering his community. Seal 'em all up in a vault and let 'em do whatever they want, let 'em build their own commune. They just have to understand they'll need to be self-sufficient in there.

After all the issue is not what happens while they're congregating --- the issue is what happens to their neighbors afterwards.

Here's what y'all infectophiles keep missing.

-- What's the adverb before the word "assemble"? "Peaceably".

Therefore an assembly of, say, a lynch mob would be an assembly but not a "peaceable" one, agreed?

Whelp, same for a congregation that huddles together despite a known contagious infection going around. One uses a rope, the other uses a virus.

Think about it.

I thought about it...and it's stupid.

I did not ignore the word 'peacefully' at all.

You are trying to compare a racist lynch mob with Americans being forced to stay at home, denied their rights to exercise their freedom of religion, and denied their right to peacefully assemble.

The BASIS of a hypothetical lynch mob (and I didn't say it was racial, did I) is irrelevant here just as the basis of the hypothetical congregation, but apparently you're saying that a lynch mob has the right to peaceably assemble then? Because in either case the outcome is death. The main difference is in the latter it's potentially many more deaths and they're indiscriminate, whereas the lynch mob has its specific target.

So the question we're STILL down to is, whether an assembly that results in death as a direct consequence of that assembly, can be called "peaceable".

Don't worry, Trump-on-the-brain Pogo, you'll see real lynch mobs when people figure out how badly the lower government and media and fake self-righteous leftist parrots just like you lied to them and they have nothing to lose now.
God help you.

Last edited:
So...lets say polio mutated and the vaccine was no longer protective.

No quarantine right? We'll just take a Darwinian approach to it because individual rights are far more important than public safety during an emergency.
Those who fear the risk should self-quarantine, as they are FREE TO DO!!!

That's exactly what I said a week ago, whenever it was, about the narcissistic preacher endangering his community. Seal 'em all up in a vault and let 'em do whatever they want, let 'em build their own commune. They just have to understand they'll need to be self-sufficient in there.

After all the issue is not what happens while they're congregating --- the issue is what happens to their neighbors afterwards.

And that is exactly it...a narcissistic view. Not the view of someone who cares about his flock. Our minister is doing it remotely, most of her congregation is elderly. She's not about to put them under risk.

And that is exactly it...a narcissistic view. Not the view of someone who cares about his flock. Our minister is doing it remotely, most of her congregation is elderly. She's not about to put them under risk.
That's the beauty of freedom. People are free to be as stupid as they wish, as long as the do no HARM to others.

So you don't know what "Strawman" means EITHER?
Straw Man Fallacy Defined

The straw man fallacy involves misrepresenting an opponent’s position to make it easier to refute. Straw man arguments often oversimplify opposing views or disregard inconvenient points in favor of points that are easy to argue against.

Where did ANYONE say that a violent (or racist) mob intending to commit a crime has a constitutionally protected right to assemble for that purpose?

EXACTLY. Therefore it is not a "peaceable" assembly is it.

Weird how the OP wimped out of admitting that.
So, how does that even remotely relate to a church/religious gathering? They are not assembly FOR THE PURPOSE of committing criminal acts against others.

(this should be entertaining)

So you wanna go back to post 11 AGAIN? It was that good?

OK, I can run this as many times as it takes until it sinks in. Here, horse, this is called "water".

The BASIS of a hypothetical lynch mob (and I didn't say it was racial, did I) is irrelevant here just as the basis of the hypothetical congregation, but apparently you're saying that a lynch mob has the right to peaceably assemble then? Because in either case the outcome is death. The main difference is in the latter it's potentially many more deaths and they're indiscriminate, whereas the lynch mob has its specific target.​
So the question we're STILL down to is, whether an assembly that results in death as a direct consequence of that assembly, can be called "peaceable".​

1. Do my constitutional rights give me the right to put other people in danger?

I think the courts have consistently said...no.
Whether or not your rights put others "in danger" is irrelevant. There must be an injury/harm, not the risk of harm.

In that case Typhoid Mary had every right to continue working in the food industry.

That's the beauty of freedom. People are free to be as stupid as they wish, as long as the do no HARM to others.

We did this too. Passing infections around *IS* doing harm to others.

Also consider your Fourth Amendment canard --- does a citizen have the "right to be secure in his house" if he's assaulting his wife and children? Same thing.

Now, find a way to do that assembly WITHOUT posing a health risk to the general public, and assemble to your dissembling assembler's content.

OK, I can run this as many times as it takes until it sinks in. Here, horse, this is called "water".

The BASIS of a hypothetical lynch mob (and I didn't say it was racial, did I) is irrelevant here just as the basis of the hypothetical congregation, but apparently you're saying that a lynch mob has the right to peaceably assemble then? Because in either case the outcome is death. The main difference is in the latter it's potentially many more deaths and they're indiscriminate, whereas the lynch mob has its specific target.So the question we're STILL down to is, whether an assembly that results in death as a direct consequence of that assembly, can be called "peaceable".
Yes. It is peaceable when those people meet FOR THE PURPOSE of worship, not to cause death.

Do you get the difference, or do I need to further explain.

Your "lynch mob" argument falls right on its idiotic face because the intent of the people assembling is what matters, not the result.

Here's what y'all infectophiles keep missing.

-- What's the adverb before the word "assemble"? "Peaceably".

Therefore an assembly of, say, a lynch mob would be an assembly but not a "peaceable" one, agreed?

Whelp, same for a congregation that huddles together despite a known contagious infection going around. One uses a rope, the other uses a virus.

Think about it.

I thought about it...and it's stupid.

I did not ignore the word 'peacefully' at all.

You are trying to compare a racist lynch mob with Americans being forced to stay at home, denied their rights to exercise their freedom of religion, and denied their right to peacefully assemble.

The BASIS of a hypothetical lynch mob (and I didn't say it was racial, did I) is irrelevant here just as the basis of the hypothetical congregation, but apparently you're saying that a lynch mob has the right to peaceably assemble then? Because in either case the outcome is death. The main difference is in the latter it's potentially many more deaths and they're indiscriminate, whereas the lynch mob has its specific target.

So the question we're STILL down to is, whether an assembly that results in death as a direct consequence of that assembly, can be called "peaceable".

Don't worry, Trump-on-the-brain Pogo, you'll see real lynch mobs when people figure out how badly the lower government and media lied to them and they have nothing to lose now.

Thankfully, people DO seem to be waking up, en masse. Read the comments on this Instagram post on Bill Gates' page. There are 180,000 comments, and nearly all of them are AGAINST him, and he's one of the main people behind this whole scamdemic.

I'm telling you, after being on a forum like this with so many bootlickers and dupes, seeing the comments there is glorious. (And this is AFTER tons of comments were deleted, they have been deleting comments and people keep posting.)

Last edited:

The BASIS of a hypothetical lynch mob (and I didn't say it was racial, did I) is irrelevant here just as the basis of the hypothetical congregation, but apparently you're saying that a lynch mob has the right to peaceably assemble then? Because in either case the outcome is death. The main difference is in the latter it's potentially many more deaths and they're indiscriminate, whereas the lynch mob has its specific target.So the question we're STILL down to is, whether an assembly that results in death as a direct consequence of that assembly, can be called "peaceable".
Yes. It is peaceable when those people meet FOR THE PURPOSE of worship, not to cause death.

Do you get the difference, or do I need to further explain.

Your "lynch mob" argument falls right on its idiotic face because the intent of the people assembling is what matters, not the result.

"Intent" is irrelevant. There's nothing in the Bill of Rights about "intent", even in the original Greek. Except for that one bizarre phrase in the Second Amendment. When those people meet, REGARDLESS whether their purpose is worship, a Flaming Dickheads concert, a seminar at Fraud University, or anything else, they do so **KNOWING** that such assemblage ITSELF endangers the public health.

Have you never seen one of these?

1586985190024.jpeg

Last edited:
During a war, when under black out conditions - do you have the right to go out and assemble in a large group with a bonfire? How about opening your window shades and letting the disco lights roll?

1. Do my constitutional rights give me the right to put other people in danger?

I think the courts have consistently said...no.
Whether or not your rights put others "in danger" is irrelevant. There must be an injury/harm, not the risk of harm.

In that case Typhoid Mary had every right to continue working in the food industry.
You and Pogo are failing to see the distinction. Typhoid Mary KNOWINGLY spread the disease and attempted to operate under aliases to continue spreading the disease.

Forum List

Back