Could U.S. leave NATO in exchange for ending Ukraine War?

That would reenforce the fact that America under Joey Xi Bai Dung is weak and must retreat. Just look at the alliances the CCP as made during the Bai Dung administration. Saudia Arabia, Russia, and Iran.
What happened to the punishment we were going to receive for Pelosi going to Taipei? They can keep Saudi Arabia, Russia and Iran. I'll take Ukraine, Germany and Taiwan.

I wouldn't tie it to Russia, but NATO nations get 1 year to meet their budgetary goals or we're out. Any future NATO anything is cost shared on a scale based on each nation's GDP. We should be long done funding the security of, and sending our people to die for, every nation state in NATO or one that is strategic, such as this Ukraine debacle.

This is one issue Trump was dead nuts right on.

What happened to the punishment we were going to receive for Pelosi going to Taipei? They can keep Saudi Arabia, Russia and Iran. I'll take Ukraine, Germany and Taiwan.
Their allied nations consortium is growing. Africa, South America, Asia, Central America and the Islands are of more and more influence. China has upped its testing of our resolve since Pelosi went to Taiwan. In just a few decades we have made China into a super nation on the precipice of throwing us out as the most powerful country in the world.
We have a much-reduced population of males willing to give up their lives for freedom and in fact want totalitarianism the feds have slowly implemented. A sign of decline.

Their allied nations consortium is growing. Africa, South America, Asia, Central America and the Islands are of more and more influence. China has upped its testing of our resolve since Pelosi went to Taiwan. In just a few decades we have made China into a super nation on the precipice of throwing us out as the most powerful country in the world.
We have a much-reduced population of males willing to give up their lives for freedom and in fact want totalitarianism the feds have slowly implemented. A sign of decline.
The Chinese economy is going to nosedive, as the country crashes demographically. Our concern isn't the friends they're making, but the stupid things they may try, to distract the people from the upcoming calamity.

I wouldn't tie it to Russia, but NATO nations get 1 year to meet their budgetary goals or we're out. Any future NATO anything is cost shared on a scale based on each nation's GDP. We should be long done funding the security of, and sending our people to die for, every nation state in NATO or one that is strategic, such as this Ukraine debacle.

This is one issue Trump was dead nuts right on.
That's Russian propaganda. Putin would like nothing better.

Maybe Russia leaves some or all of its current territory in Ukraine, too. :dunno: That could possibly be negotiated. Trump's comment that he could end the war in 24 hours made me think this might be the most likely avenue for that. The U.S. could still do whatever it wants regarding defending European countries, while maybe it strikes a sense of urgency into Europe to take care of itself. I'm curious to read people's thoughts on that.
Nope. Europe is the Mothership for the majority of Americans and it is unlikely that we would abandon our distant cousins like that to the barbarian Russians.

I don't think appeasing Russia in any way is a good idea.
Agreed. It seems to me that those who hold otherwise lack an understanding of the Twentieth and the outcome of Appeasement during the 1930s.

Well, he isn’t leaving the country. Anyone with half a brain knew Russia would not, and will not tolerate NATO in Ukraine.

So stop pretending you are for ending the war. The Washington Establishment has wanted this war for a long time. Now they got it, you really think they want to end it? How dumb are you?
Well, there was no NATO deal for Ukraine, if there ever was to be one, it was decades away.

If you think it was okay for Putin to start a war and murder all if those innocent Ukrainian families and tear their country apart, just because the Ukraine might some day, join NATO then you are one sick human being imo! I hope that is not the case....

How about this deal? Lets tell Putin he has 30 days to remove his army from Ukraine or the United states will nuke Moscow off the face of the planet 30 seconds after the deadline. We're not fucking around anymore.
Great plan! Do you have a death wish or are you a fool?
:uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3:

Well, there was no NATO deal for Ukraine, if there ever was to be one, it was decades away.

If you think it was okay for Putin to start a war and murder all if those innocent Ukrainian families and tear their country apart, just because the Ukraine might some day, join NATO then you are one sick human being imo! I hope that is not the case....
Putin didn’t start the war. Stop repeating state-run propaganda. Get informed.

The Chinese economy is going to nosedive, as the country crashes demographically. Our concern isn't the friends they're making, but the stupid things they may try, to distract the people from the upcoming calamity.
They have hundreds and hundreds of millions of people who have not sniffed lower wage labor which makes them middle class. They will sell to themselves at some point and tell us to take a hike. We exist off of them now so their economy crashing may not be good since we stopped wanting to bring employment back here from there with Joe.

Maybe Russia leaves some or all of its current territory in Ukraine, too. :dunno: That could possibly be negotiated. Trump's comment that he could end the war in 24 hours made me think this might be the most likely avenue for that. The U.S. could still do whatever it wants regarding defending European countries, while maybe it strikes a sense of urgency into Europe to take care of itself. I'm curious to read people's thoughts on that.
That is an absolute non starter.

Leaving Ukraine will not stop the Russian Invasion .........

Putin’s aggression highlights the need for even a stronger NATO
As long as the US isn't stuck footing the bill. That's all Trump wanted, was for nations to pay their fair share, but for the fact that NATO doesn't protect the US in the short term, it protects those in Russia's immediate vicinity. If they are the ones getting the huge majority of the benefit, then they should be paying the huge majority of the costs. 2% across the board is not fair to the US as we don't get most of the benefit and many of the countries weren't even anteing up their 2%.

As long as the US isn't stuck footing the bill. That's all Trump wanted, was for nations to pay their fair share, but for the fact that NATO doesn't protect the US in the short term, it protects those in Russia's immediate vicinity. If they are the ones getting the huge majority of the benefit, then they should be paying the huge majority of the costs. 2% across the board is not fair to the US as we don't get most of the benefit and many of the countries weren't even anteing up their 2%.
Exactly. Other nations meeting their obligations, paying their fair share of their own defense and actually being prepared for conflict IS a stronger NATO.

Forum List

Back