Covid Shots

Your freedom is brought to you by the people who run military commissaries.

And we learn what from that, Grasshopper?

Your job is to have a strong back and a weak mind. Sometimes people fool themselves into believing otherwise, Cricket.

LOL, a playground response. Pretty well answers the question if you had an actual point or not ...

You reap what you sow

LOL, another playground response. You're telegraphing that you're an eight year old. Funny stuff

If you're vaccinated why do you or anyone care if cases exist?
BECAUSE the half of Americans that aren't vaccinated are going to keep spreading it among themselves and fuck it up for the rest of us.
Well ---- how would that "fuck it up" as you say so elegantly, and why would you care if we spread it among ourselves if YOU are protected? I'd think you'd be glad, and hope we all die. Probably you do. So, you know, win--win.

My guess is that you all who are so eager to force vaccination on us 1) want more and more and more government control, or 2) don't actually believe your vaccines work. You look at all these re-infections and deaths from clotting and so on, and Fauci talking about booster shots and mutations and I bet you don't believe the vaccine works, so you want everyone to have to get vaccinated --- though why that should help you if you don't believe in the vaccine, I don't know.

I have long thought people who want to force vaccinate for relatively non-lethal diseases make no sense. Just get your own vaccination and shut up!
That's pretty ugly.
I don't wish any of you idiots dead.
I do believe in the vaccine or I wouldn't have gotten it!
I do not dream of more government control. I dream of people not being so shortsighted and selfish. Be Volunteers to America instead! Like Azog, who uses his immunity for good instead of sitting in a hate filled corner and making up what you think others believe.
Thanks, I think? LOL

But me donating for a year now has resulted in people shaming me for not getting a vaccine. Sigh...

I think people need to stay in their lane and stop trying to sideswipe those traveling in the other direction. Get the jab or don't get the jab. Whichever one decides to do, they shouldn't be holier than thou about it or make up a bunch of crap or proliferate false information. That is my position on all vaccinations. I have had my baker's dozen of them, but it doesn't bother me in the least that others refuse them. I defend their right to refuse them. What I have a low tolerance for are people who try to rationalize their refusal based on dodgy science. "I don't want to" is good enough for me.
Well, at least that's honest.
In fairness to the current vaccine, I think the pro-jab crowd who dismissed people's concerns by dismissing all the vast smorgasbord of side effects are just as guilty as people who talk about them injecting you with mangets, IFR chips and the like. Informed choice requires information and to many of them turned a blind eye to those who had legitimate concerns based on reported side-effects.

Your job is to have a strong back and a weak mind. Sometimes people fool themselves into believing otherwise, Cricket.

LOL, a playground response. Pretty well answers the question if you had an actual point or not ...

You reap what you sow

LOL, another playground response. You're telegraphing that you're an eight year old. Funny stuff

I'll have to take your word for it. I don't lurk around playgrounds.

Bottom line is, we need MORE volume on unbiased SCIENCE and to put all the partisanship and recriminations on MUTE, at least until this thing is behind us.
Exactly! Thagt is what rational people are trying to do.

We can only assume that you know this because you've been peeping into the windows of rational people and watching them.

BECAUSE the half of Americans that aren't vaccinated are going to keep spreading it among themselves and fuck it up for the rest of us.
Let em spread it among themselves.
Unfortunately, that's not the extent of the risk, each new case is a potential vessel for mutation and thus a new variant, which could reduce or eliminate vaccine and/or past infection immunity effectiveness.

It's all a moot point though, individuals have every right to decide for themselves whether to get vaccinated, so at the end of the day this virus is going to run its course just the 1918 "Spanish Flu" did, vaccination is just going to (hopefully) shorten that run.

People attempting to "shame" other people into getting the vaccine are just going to achieve the opposite of their objective and thus should knock it off.
I would like more data. I still have the antibodies, we don't know how effective the vaccines are long term, we seem to have better cures available for the afflicted now that we know COVID causes blood clots in some. Let us live!
Nothing wrong with that, doing extensive "homework" before injecting something into your body is smart, personally I spent quite a bit of time going through everything I could find on the science and talking to people that had already got the vaccine before I decided to go forward with it, wouldn't have done it any other way.

If you're not comfortable getting the vaccine after doing your own unbiased "homework" then DON'T get it.
It's not that simple for everyone.

My husband is the op manager of a 100 person manufacturing plant. He and I had Covid together last Nov.

His employers have announced that everyone in the shop is free to take their masks off as long as they present a valid covid vaccine card. He has shown them that he is positive for antibodies. They tell him that this information is not good enough.

Their worry? The govt protects them from any liability from vaccine side effects but does not protect them from anyone getting the virus itself. They insist that they will be liable in that case.

So my husband is now the only one in the shop wearing a mask. He spends a good bit of time on the floor where its hot and oily. Wearing a mask is gross, but he's doing it for now. His mask is his scarlet letter. HIPPA means nothing.

Unfortunately, that's not the extent of the risk, each new case is a potential vessel for mutation and thus a new variant, which could reduce or eliminate vaccine and/or past infection immunity effectiveness.

It's all a moot point though, individuals have every right to decide for themselves whether to get vaccinated, so at the end of the day this virus is going to run its course just the 1918 "Spanish Flu" did, vaccination is just going to (hopefully) shorten that run.

People attempting to "shame" other people into getting the vaccine are just going to achieve the opposite of their objective and thus should knock it off.
I would like more data. I still have the antibodies, we don't know how effective the vaccines are long term, we seem to have better cures available for the afflicted now that we know COVID causes blood clots in some. Let us live!
Nothing wrong with that, doing extensive "homework" before injecting something into your body is smart, personally I spent quite a bit of time going through everything I could find on the science and talking to people that had already got the vaccine before I decided to go forward with it, wouldn't have done it any other way.

If you're not comfortable getting the vaccine after doing your own unbiased "homework" then DON'T get it.

My husband is the op manager of a 100 person manufacturing plant. He and I had Covid together last Nov.

His employers have announced that everyone in the shop is free to take their masks off as long as they present a valid covid vaccine card. He has shown them that he is positive for antibodies. They tell him that this information is not good enough.

Their worry? The govt protects them from any liability from vaccine side effects but does not protect them from anyone getting the virus itself. They insist that they will be liable in that case.

So my husband is now the only one in the shop wearing a mask. He spends a good bit of time on the floor where its hot and oily. Wearing a mask is gross, but he's doing it for now. His mask is his scarlet letter. HIPPA means nothing.

Your husbands antibodies are stronger than any vaccine or injection could ever offer. Heck, we don't even what effects that injection is going to cause. It only went to clinical trials for three months. Normal vaccines take 8-12 years before they're considered to be brought to market.

Well ---- how would that "fuck it up" as you say so elegantly, and why would you care if we spread it among ourselves if YOU are protected? I'd think you'd be glad, and hope we all die. Probably you do. So, you know, win--win.

My guess is that you all who are so eager to force vaccination on us 1) want more and more and more government control, or 2) don't actually believe your vaccines work. You look at all these re-infections and deaths from clotting and so on, and Fauci talking about booster shots and mutations and I bet you don't believe the vaccine works, so you want everyone to have to get vaccinated --- though why that should help you if you don't believe in the vaccine, I don't know.

I have long thought people who want to force vaccinate for relatively non-lethal diseases make no sense. Just get your own vaccination and shut up!
That's pretty ugly.
I don't wish any of you idiots dead.
I do believe in the vaccine or I wouldn't have gotten it!
I do not dream of more government control. I dream of people not being so shortsighted and selfish. Be Volunteers to America instead! Like Azog, who uses his immunity for good instead of sitting in a hate filled corner and making up what you think others believe.
Thanks, I think? LOL

But me donating for a year now has resulted in people shaming me for not getting a vaccine. Sigh...

I think people need to stay in their lane and stop trying to sideswipe those traveling in the other direction. Get the jab or don't get the jab. Whichever one decides to do, they shouldn't be holier than thou about it or make up a bunch of crap or proliferate false information. That is my position on all vaccinations. I have had my baker's dozen of them, but it doesn't bother me in the least that others refuse them. I defend their right to refuse them. What I have a low tolerance for are people who try to rationalize their refusal based on dodgy science. "I don't want to" is good enough for me.
Well, at least that's honest.
In fairness to the current vaccine, I think the pro-jab crowd who dismissed people's concerns by dismissing all the vast smorgasbord of side effects are just as guilty as people who talk about them injecting you with mangets, IFR chips and the like. Informed choice requires information and to many of them turned a blind eye to those who had legitimate concerns based on reported side-effects.
To date no one can prove to me that the vaccine will improve my natural immunity but it will definitely make me ill for a few days so why would I do that?

In that case I'd get the vaccine and bite the bullet

Your husbands antibodies are stronger than any vaccine or injection could ever offer.
You just made that up.

Not at all because after a single natural infection, you often get immunity (like with measles or chickenpox) whereas you generally need 2 or more doses of a vaccine to be protected.

I just went the other day for a tetanus shot, hadn't had one in 11 years. Its a good vaccination. Many are good.

You reap what you sow

I'll have to take your word for it. I don't lurk around playgrounds.

At least that's what you keep telling the cops, huh?

Given that every post you've done so far has been playground and you're still doing it, I'm giving you a time out to calm down

I don't know how many really stopped on their own given landscapes in europe are scattered with plague stones, whole towns/villages were quarantined, etc.

All of them stopped that were that type, otherwise we'd still have the Black Death and the English Sweat and leprosy (WIDEspread in the Middle Ages) and many others, except there wouldn't be many people left. Now, some are not that type, like measles and smallpox (now extinct) and mumps and colds and so on. They go on and on forever, until we make them extinct, if we do. We don't yet know what type the COVID-19 is.

The Sweating Sickness did disappear on its own. No one's sure why, because even today, no one's entirely sure what the Sweating Sickness was, since it had stopped happening by the time medical science advanced enough to be able to identify it.
The descriptions written at the time were very clear. I have a pamphlet reprinted from the early 16th century by a physician that tells all the symptoms and the remedies (all useless ) they tried. I'll tell you what ----- we never saw anything like it and we DEFINITELY don't want it back. Sweat just poured out of the skin and the victims dehydrated and died within a day. Like cholera, except the skin. Henry the VIII was terrified of it. He drank pearls dissolved in vinegar -- he never got it, so maybe that worked.

Probably not.

Actually, the Black Death didn't disappear. It was a bubonic plague epidemic, and the bubonic plague is still out there. It's a lot more rare, as we know now how to deal with it, but there was an outbreak of it in Madagascar as recently as 1995.

Leprosy also still exists, and is rare now (at least, outside of the third world) because we learned what it was and how to deal with it.

The Sweating Sickness, however, simply vanished. The last reported case of it was in 1551, and although the descriptions written about it WERE very clear and detailed, no one has ever known what it was or what caused it. Some medical historians believe it was some sort of unidentified hantavirus. With nothing to go on but descriptions of the symptoms and progress of the disease, they can't do anything but guess.

In that case I'd get the vaccine and bite the bullet

He may wait this one out, he may not. We'll see.

If you can think and act on your own the herd will always attack if your actions are different from what they demand.
Yeah, ain't dat de troof. :doubt:

When you put crabs in a bucket, if there's only one crab, you have to put a lid on the bucket to prevent it from climbing out. If there's more than one crab, you don't need the lid, because every time one crab starts to climb out, the others will pull him back down with them.

And those crabs never realize that their enemy isn't the lone crab trying to climb away from the group; it's the jerk who put them in the bucket in the first place.

I don't know how many really stopped on their own given landscapes in europe are scattered with plague stones, whole towns/villages were quarantined, etc.

All of them stopped that were that type, otherwise we'd still have the Black Death and the English Sweat and leprosy (WIDEspread in the Middle Ages) and many others, except there wouldn't be many people left. Now, some are not that type, like measles and smallpox (now extinct) and mumps and colds and so on. They go on and on forever, until we make them extinct, if we do. We don't yet know what type the COVID-19 is.

The Sweating Sickness did disappear on its own. No one's sure why, because even today, no one's entirely sure what the Sweating Sickness was, since it had stopped happening by the time medical science advanced enough to be able to identify it.
The descriptions written at the time were very clear. I have a pamphlet reprinted from the early 16th century by a physician that tells all the symptoms and the remedies (all useless ) they tried. I'll tell you what ----- we never saw anything like it and we DEFINITELY don't want it back. Sweat just poured out of the skin and the victims dehydrated and died within a day. Like cholera, except the skin. Henry the VIII was terrified of it. He drank pearls dissolved in vinegar -- he never got it, so maybe that worked.

Probably not.

Actually, the Black Death didn't disappear. It was a bubonic plague epidemic, and the bubonic plague is still out there. It's a lot more rare, as we know now how to deal with it, but there was an outbreak of it in Madagascar as recently as 1995.

Leprosy also still exists, and is rare now (at least, outside of the third world) because we learned what it was and how to deal with it.

The Sweating Sickness, however, simply vanished. The last reported case of it was in 1551, and although the descriptions written about it WERE very clear and detailed, no one has ever known what it was or what caused it. Some medical historians believe it was some sort of unidentified hantavirus. With nothing to go on but descriptions of the symptoms and progress of the disease, they can't do anything but guess.
Just out of curiosity, are you in the epidemiology field or is it just a hobby? I ask because you seem to be very well versed in the history (at least based on the scant bit of research that I’ve done).

You don’t have to answer if you prefer not to.

In either case, thanks for the good insights on the subject. :)

I see you like epidemiology, too. :) 1551, huh? I knew it had to be around then because of Henry being so terrified of it (It killed his brother Arthur, which is why Henry became king, and almost killed Katherine of Aragon) and sending Anne Boleyn away -- and she did get it, but survived. As for Bubonic Plague, of course one of the greatest plagues in history that we've never heard of was the epidemic in India and China in the early 1900s --- killed millions, but who knew? Then it was carried into San Francisco by Chinese illegals in...1906, I think it was. They had quite a little epidemic there and a bunch of people died, mostly Chinese and Mexicans. After that, of course, it got into the California ground squirrels, like the Mongolian marmots that carried it in 1347 to the Crimea. It moved further into Arizona, and it's still endemic; two people a year die of it before they can figure out what they have. It's waiting for the Prepper Apocalypse when it will kill a whole lot of people, I suppose.

The other one I like is the Pericles Disease --- when Pericles decided it was somehow a GOOD idea to pull all the Athenians inside the walls of Athens (430 B.C.), herds and all, while the Spartans laid waste to all their olive trees and grain crops during the early part of the Peloponnesian War. The Plague of Pericles duly ensued, unsurprisingly -- goes to show what government is worth! -- and he died of it, as he deserved (I am not a fan of Pericles), and it was well described by physicians then, but we still don't know what it was. Absolutely everything we know of has been suggested, including Ebola (unlikely!). But it was probably like SARS, here then gone again.

When you put crabs in a bucket, if there's only one crab, you have to put a lid on the bucket to prevent it from climbing out. If there's more than one crab, you don't need the lid, because every time one crab starts to climb out, the others will pull him back down with them.
And those crabs never realize that their enemy isn't the lone crab trying to climb away from the group; it's the jerk who put them in the bucket in the first place.
I'm thinking you could be a Marylander ------

If a store makes you wear a mask you should loudly leave.

There is no reason someone who was vaccinated should wear a mask other than politics, and businesses you patronize don't need to be in your politics.

I have a lot of family in Maryland. They say there's a lot of social pressure to wear masks, but no one is forcing them now. I realize it's not the same everywhere in Maryland
:lol: The federal military commissary was one of the 1st grocery stores I went to last year requiring masks. They still require them.
So? Are they truly needed or just doing what the government tells them to do?

If it is a military commissary, what is needed is whatever the government tells you is needed to walk in the door :salute:

The military has the power to compel people in the military to follow orders. Wow, that's really an insight, thanks for educating us all today

People who join the military sign contracts agreeing to become the property of the US government. I don't recall having ever signed any such contract.

Forum List

Back