Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4 children though, lol...

LOL, she's got you there! :lol:

Unless the kids end up renouncing belief at some point.....

I doubt we'll ever see humanity without religion. I question whether we'll ever see humanity without a large portion with some religious beliefs. What I do think we'll continue to see is religions changing as the times change; whether that is adaption within current religions or new religions becoming popular, I think too many people have a need to believe in something beyond themselves for it to die out. It's not inherently a bad thing, despite the fact I don't like religion; it's all in what people do in the name of their beliefs that matters.

In 1000 years, maybe Jedi will be the major religion of humanity, but I still expect there will be a ton of believers if we are still here as a species. :tongue:
:clap2::clap2:

Just saw a sign at a Gingrich event that said, "God not Gov't". That is scary stuff to see Americans who would gladly embrace theocracy.

Church Leaders Encouraged to Rely on God, Not Gov't, Christian News

It's scary to see people who don't understand Creator endowed rights can never be taken away by mere humans. When the State becomes god, guess what happens to your State-endowed rights and liberties???
another baseless ASSumption.......

Just saw a sign at a Gingrich event that said, "God not Gov't". That is scary stuff to see Americans who would gladly embrace theocracy.

Church Leaders Encouraged to Rely on God, Not Gov't, Christian News

It's scary to see people who don't understand Creator endowed rights can never be taken away by mere humans. When the State becomes god, guess what happens to your State-endowed rights and liberties???
another baseless ASSumption.......

Commie.

"Barbara Forrest, a philosophy professor at Southeastern Louisiana University, was quoted in USA Today in March 2005 saying that ID theorists "aren't published because they don't have scientific data." The same year, Dan Abrams on MSNBC said to Eugenie Scott "My understanding is that there is not a single peer-reviewed article out there that supports intelligent design," and Dr. Scott replied, "You are not wrong. You are correct." (David Boze and I discuss Dr. Scott's claim in a recent ID the Future podcast, and you can watch the amusing clip and Stephen Meyer's rebuttal on YouTube here.)

Later in 2005, Dr. Scott and her colleagues with the NCSE and ACLU convinced Judge Jones to rule that "A final indicator of how ID has failed to demonstrate scientific warrant is the complete absence of peer-reviewed publications supporting the theory" and "ID is not science and cannot be adjudged a valid, accepted scientific theory as it has failed to publish in peer-reviewed journals." In case you missed that, he also claimed ID is "failing to produce papers in peer-reviewed journals" and that "ID is not supported by any peer-reviewed research, data or publications."

Though Judge Jones's findings were false when he made them in 2005, many have used his ruling as an excuse to perpetuate these false criticisms of ID. For example, Lauri Lebo -- a journalist who made a career out of bashing ID after the Dover case -- wrote in early 2011 that "there is no such thing as ID research, which has not yet produced one single legitimate peer reviewed paper." Likewise, Michigan State University law professor Frank Ravitch claimed in his 2011 book Marketing Intelligent Design that "ID proponents make no attempt to falsify their ultimate hypothesis" and "ID advocates ... have failed to engage in experiments that could support or contravene evolution through natural selection." There's hardly an end to the list of ID critics who have made similar, equally inaccurate claims."

Full Article: http://www.evolutionnews.org/2012/02/as_the_intellig056101.html

Our Founders would think the TOE proponents were pretty stupid. They held "these truths" to be self-evident, as in, totally obvious to even the most dimwitted people. What were the truths that were SOOOOO obvious? That all men are CREATED equal, that they are endowed by their CREATOR (capital C) with certain unalienable rights.

Last edited:
Bible thumper.:lol::lol:

Please tell me you are not a supporter of Obama?? I didn't think anyone in America was still ignorant enough to think this man is good for our Country.
Nope. My name is from making fun of someone else that use to be on this board. Obama is out of his league and a total moron. Thanks for asking though.:lol::lol:

Thanks for clearing that up. I couldn't figure out if the picture was making fun of gun- toting "rednecks" like myself or the name was making fun of Obama.

Exactly what I was saying the other day. Wiki is Relativsm on steroids!! Not even an encyclopedia can be counted on to be accurrate anymore since information in 0's and 1's can be easily manipulated!! The darwinists and historical revisionists love the internet!!

"As anyone knows who's followed the popular Darwinist blogging sites, Darwinism is an ideological movement seemingly rich in believers unhindered by responsibilities to family or work or both, with little better to do day and night than engage in (usually anonymous) skirmishes on the Internet. Editing the Wiki article, our South African friend inserted references to the 50-plus peer-reviewed articles from our updated list of pro-ID scientific literature. Sure enough, within just 30 minutes, someone had erased his additions and substituted snide and again false language to the effect that:

The Discovery Institute insists that a number of intelligent design articles have been published in peer-reviewed journals.... Critics, largely members of the scientific community, reject this claim, stating that no established scientific journal has yet published an intelligent design article. Rather, intelligent design proponents have set up their own journals with peer review that lacks impartiality and rigor, consisting entirely of intelligent design supporters.
This is preposterous, as anyone who has looked at the list of papers would have to honestly admit. Our South African friend went a few rounds with the Wikipedia editors but, last time I checked, without ultimate success. They kept erasing or editing his edits. The main Wiki article on intelligent design still falsely reports, "The intelligent design movement has not published a properly peer-reviewed article in a scientific journal."

Full article here: http://www.evolutionnews.org/2012/02/wikipedia_and_t055991.html

Last edited:
At least the Library of Congress still has some facts up about the role religion played in the founding of this great nation. I wonder how long it will last with the "electronic-book-burning" nazi's manipulating the internet.

Religion and the Federal Government: PART 1 (Religion and the Founding of the American Republic, Library of Congress Exhibition)

A few quotes:

In this letter Adams tells Jefferson that "Without Religion this World would be Something not fit to be mentioned in polite Company, I mean Hell."

on Sunday, January 3, 1802, John Leland preached a sermon on the text "Behold a greater than Solomon is here. Jef[ferso]n was present." Thomas Jefferson attended this church service IN CONGRESS, just two days after issuing the Danbury Baptist letter. Leland, a celebrated Baptist minister, had moved from Orange County, Virginia, and was serving a congregation in Cheshire, Massachusetts, from which he had delivered to Jefferson a gift of a "mammoth cheese," weighing 1235 pounds.

Wow, they actually have the real letters scanned in!! How long before they are disposed of and the Christian heritage of this nation is completely wiped from the face of the earth???

Last edited:
At least the Library of Congress still has some facts up about the role religion played in the founding of this great nation. I wonder how long it will last with the "electronic-book-burning" nazi's manipulating the internet.

Religion and the Federal Government: PART 1 (Religion and the Founding of the American Republic, Library of Congress Exhibition)

A few quotes:

In this letter Adams tells Jefferson that "Without Religion this World would be Something not fit to be mentioned in polite Company, I mean Hell."

on Sunday, January 3, 1802, John Leland preached a sermon on the text "Behold a greater than Solomon is here. Jef[ferso]n was present." Thomas Jefferson attended this church service IN CONGRESS, just two days after issuing the Danbury Baptist letter. Leland, a celebrated Baptist minister, had moved from Orange County, Virginia, and was serving a congregation in Cheshire, Massachusetts, from which he had delivered to Jefferson a gift of a "mammoth cheese," weighing 1235 pounds.

Wow, they actually have the real letters scanned in!! How long before they are disposed of and the Christian heritage of this nation is completely wiped from the face of the earth???
The Jefferson Bible, or The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth as it is formally titled, was Thomas Jefferson's effort to extract the doctrine of Jesus by removing sections of the New Testament containing supernatural aspects as well as perceived misinterpretations he believed had been added by the Four Evangelists.[1]
Jefferson Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Our Founders would think the TOE proponents were pretty stupid. They held "these truths" to be self-evident, as in, totally obvious to even the most dimwitted people. What were the truths that were SOOOOO obvious? That all men are CREATED equal, that they are endowed by their CREATOR (capital C) with certain unalienable rights.

I agree those are great words, but the reality is that you need a government to enforce them. Without one you're only rights are to sit back and watch me eat YOUR kill, if I'm stronger than you, with the hope that I'll leave you some scraps.

I agree those are great words, but the reality is that you need a government to enforce them. Without one you're only rights are to sit back and watch me eat YOUR kill, if I'm stronger than you, with the hope that I'll leave you some scraps.

We are supposed to have a government of the people, by the people and for the people. The government isn't some etherial entity. It is just people like you and me and they put their pants on one leg at a time. What gives one group of people the right to have there way over another group just because they make up the government... absolutely nothing.

I am a proud member of Oathkeepers...

Oath Keepers » Blog Archive » Declaration Of Orders We Will Not Obey

We are supposed to have a government of the people, by the people and for the people. The government isn't some etherial entity. It is just people like you and me and they put their pants on one leg at a time. What gives one group of people the right to have there way over another group just because they make up the government... absolutely nothing.

Ya...no chance your little club of naive do gooders isn't being watched.

What you are doing is making it easy for the true masters of the shadow government to know WHO to give thier orders to. You don't think your e-mails, blogs and tweets are being read? They wouldn't do it to arrest you ya goofy fuck...they would do it to know who they can and cannot trust to OBEY.

You were more of a threat to the abuse of power before you started this little confessional.

If you were serious about your mission you would do it the old fashioned way with face to face or timed random telephone contact that cannot be documented. There are still plenty of land line telephones in spite of the government removing payphones down to a number that can be easily monitored. I suggest you take a hard look at your membership and start a new layer of organization that only makes secure contacts. I have no doubt that there are rats and doubles in your group. If you REALLY are true to what you say in your dotorg you need to take your enemy more seriously and knock off this sophomoric junior dick tracy approach to organization. There is a GPS and a BUG in your "official" decoder ring Sport.

You will be useless in a real emergency because YOU will NOT get the MEMO. Your only hope of being "in the loop" is if you have not been detected as one who WILL NOT OBEY.

In the words of my good friend Archie Bell... You need to tighten up..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wro3bqi4Eb8]Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten up (1968) - YouTube[/ame]

Ya...no chance your little club of naive do gooders isn't being watched.

What you are doing is making it easy for the true masters of the shadow government to know WHO to give thier orders to. You don't think your e-mails, blogs and tweets are being read? They wouldn't do it to arrest you ya goofy fuck...they would do it to know who they can and cannot trust to OBEY.

You were more of a threat to the abuse of power before you started this little confessional.

If you were serious about your mission you would do it the old fashioned way with face to face or timed random telephone contact that cannot be documented. There are still plenty of land line telephones in spite of the government removing payphones down to a number that can be easily monitored. I suggest you take a hard look at your membership and start a new layer of organization that only makes secure contacts. I have no doubt that there are rats and doubles in your group. If you REALLY are true to what you say in your dotorg you need to take your enemy more seriously and knock off this sophomoric junior dick tracy approach to organization. There is a GPS and a BUG in your "official" decoder ring Sport.

You will be useless in a real emergency because YOU will NOT get the MEMO. Your only hope of being "in the loop" is if you have not been detected as one who WILL NOT OBEY.

In the words of my good friend Archie Bell... You need to tighten up..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wro3bqi4Eb8]Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten up (1968) - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, did that go straight over your head. The purpose of Oathkeepers is not to be a subversive group operating in the shadows. The purpose is education (!!), that is, the education of SWORN, active duty military and law enforcement personnel on what the Constitution actually says and that they are not required to obey un-Constitutional orders based on their SWORN Oath to defend and protect it. So for your paranoid information, the purpose is one of a preventative nature. Instead of hiding and cowering in fear, we are out in the open, educating the actual folks that would be asked to carry out unlawful orders and oppress the American people.

Of course that brings me to the real beauty of being a Christian... I FEAR NO ONE. I also DO NOT FEAR DEATH, not in an Islamic Extremist kind of way, but in a compassionate, freedom loving, God loving way, not worried that this life is all I have kind of way. I have not resigned the Oath I took as a police officer. Nor have I forsaken the tools of that trade. :wink_2:

Matthew 10: ...26 “So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Of course I am on some watch list. There is some major brainwashing going on with law enforcement at the federal level. Forget freedom of religion or freedom of speech, if you are a Christian, don't believe in abortion, believe in the Constituition, voted for Ron Paul, own a gun, or are a returning veteran then the feds think you are a nut job. Funny, this describes about 65% of Americans...

Actual copy here: http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/rightwing.pdf

http://www.wnd.com/2009/04/94803/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back