Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain how a designer got started without a designer.

The building blocks for life exist throughout the cosmos. We can test for that and confirm their existence.

How do we test for a suparnatural designer which itself requires a supernatural designer.

He who created all is eternal.

But thanks for admitting your side want to claim my side are fundies and nuts even though your side has no clue how it could of happened.

We see complexity created by man but there can't be someone more intelligent then man beyond our comprehension.
It's convenient to claim that "he who ...". It's more of that convenient "because I say so" admonition that you believe relieves you of any requirement to support your claims to supermagical gods.

I do find it interesting that you identify your gods as "he". You attribute thoroughly human attributes to a thoroughly human invention. That's not surprising since as a human construct, humans will add their familial and social conventions to their gods. That has been the case with all the gods which have "existed" before your gods.

And yes, for those who believe the nonsense further by Ken Ham and his abomination called the " creation museum" , we are forced to come to conclusions about those who believe in a literal 6,000 year old earth and humans frolicking with dinosaurs.

I trust in the bible to me the evidence we have only supports Gods word. It gives you the proper chronology of the universe and life. The bible answered many questions before modern day science.

Last edited:
lies ,how do you know if you can't respond with viable explanations to our questions nor refute our views ?
yes lies , the only so called viable explanation that i need is that your highly specious speculation is based on a false premise: God did it!
How many times does that have to be repeated ?
Your questions are not questions as you've chosen an answer based not on evidence but on faith.

explain how life got started without a designer ? Explain complexity ?
asked and answered

no way they had what they call legs that would support the weight of a whale.

Show me a picture that proves they had legs and we will cretique it together.
another world famous mis interpretation by ywc

again your self inflicted ignorance shines
ancient whales were small compared to what they evolved into, so you comment is intentionally stupid .

Hey dick head: Using trees to make predictions about fossils: The whale's ankle

scientists used to think that whales' ancestors were now-extinct carnivores called mesonychids. However, based on recent findings, scientists have hypothesized that whales are actually more closely related to hoofed mammals like hippos and ruminants such as cows and giraffes.

This hypothesized phylogeny leads us to predict that ancient whales should share some characters with their close relatives. The close relatives of whales have a type of ankle called a double pulley ankle, so we would expect that ancestral whales would also have a double pulley ankle.

And in fact, recent fossil discoveries have borne out that prediction. Scientists found ancient whales with hind legs and pelvises: These whales had the same kind of double pulley ankle bone that modern pronghorns, camels, cows and hippos have.
Compare the ankle bones of the two ancient whales on the left and right (the specimen on the right is missing some bones) and those of a modern pronghorn (center). Notice the double pulley structure boxed on all three.

anklebones.jpg

ankle bones photo courtesy of philip d. Gingerich, university of michigan, ann arbor

show me the complete skeleton and name the species.
lok them up yourself.

Explain how life got started without a designer ? Explain complexity ?

The building blocks for life exist throughout the cosmos. We can test for that and confirm their existence.

How do we test for a suparnatural designer which itself requires a supernatural designer.

But thanks for admitting your side want to claim my side are fundies and nuts even though your side has no clue how it could of happened.

We see complexity created by man but there can't be someone more intelligent then man beyond our comprehension.
He? you can't prove that "he" exists lol!
again hollie's not admitting to anything please point where in that post he says anything about fundies and nuts.

"your side has no clue how it could of happened."ywc THIS MAY COME AS A BIG FUCKING SHOCK BUT "YOUR SIDE"has no clue either!
the difference is "our side" accepts that for now we may have "no clue" (a gap in discovered evidence )but that gap gets smaller every second.
whereas "YOUR SIDE" WILL NOT AND CANNOT ADMIT TO ANY SUCH GAP OR YOUR HOUSE OF CARDS FALLS...
BTW YOU ARE FUNDIES AND NUTS ,THE BEST PROOF OF THAT IS THE FACT THAT OTHER CHRISTIANS LAUGH AT YOU.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5vid4GkEY]Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 1)- YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=istxUVBZD2s]Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 2). - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdEZTdOlGss]Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 3).- YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjFeVwuJB7I]Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 4). - YouTube[/ame]

No way they had what they call legs that would support the weight of a whale.

Show me a picture that proves they had legs and we will cretique it together.

Just do a google search to find what I'm talking about. You'll see that whales looked a lot different from what they do today and we owe that to evolving.

You are aware that many animals were similar to others but went extinct ? Then a lot of times they are not complete fossils and they were just someones opinion of what they could have looked like but no evidence to prove they look the way they are rendered.

Of course I realize that and you might be right that a lot of the fossils found are not complete. However, a number of them are and it is apparent that they evolve from the credible fossils found. I believe that they show a slow transition from what they looked like millions of years ago.

I believe that they show a slow transition from what they looked like millions of years ago.

That is precisely what the fossil record doesn't show, a slow transition. More like punctuated equilibrium [The new term to ignore the evidence Darwin was smoking crack].

I believe that they show a slow transition from what they looked like millions of years ago.

That is precisely what the fossil record doesn't show, a slow transition. More like punctuated equilibrium [The new term to ignore the evidence Darwin was smoking crack].
False. The are many cases (the progression of humans, for example), showing a clear progression and transition from early ancestor to current humans.

Don't let your lack of training in science and your religious affliction cause you to man's such nonsensical statements.

It's convenient to claim that "he who ...". It's more of that convenient "because I say so" admonition that you believe relieves you of any requirement to support your claims to supermagical gods.

I do find it interesting that you identify your gods as "he". You attribute thoroughly human attributes to a thoroughly human invention. That's not surprising since as a human construct, humans will add their familial and social conventions to their gods. That has been the case with all the gods which have "existed" before your gods.

And yes, for those who believe the nonsense further by Ken Ham and his abomination called the " creation museum" , we are forced to come to conclusions about those who believe in a literal 6,000 year old earth and humans frolicking with dinosaurs.

I trust in the bible to me the evidence we have only supports Gods word. It gives you the proper chronology of the universe and life. The bible answered many questions before modern day science.

Only from the perspective of a fundie can one look at the bibles and conclude that the authors had a meaningful understanding of nature, the universe and the world around them.

I can understand your need to look for metaphorical interpretation in "holy" verses but what I don't understand is why you think that we will buy into to your strained, metaphorical interpretations when the plain reading of these verses is so often in perfect disagreement with the realities of the natural world. We have no problem accepting that fundies believe in literal heavens, hells, arks and other such fears and superstitions but why your need to impose that on others?

yes lies , the only so called viable explanation that i need is that your highly specious speculation is based on a false premise: God did it!
How many times does that have to be repeated ?
Your questions are not questions as you've chosen an answer based not on evidence but on faith.

explain how life got started without a designer ? Explain complexity ?
asked and answered

If you could answer this absent of conjecture Daws,you could write your own ticket. :lol: You would be very famous.

another world famous mis interpretation by ywc

again your self inflicted ignorance shines
ancient whales were small compared to what they evolved into, so you comment is intentionally stupid .

Hey dick head: Using trees to make predictions about fossils: The whale's ankle

scientists used to think that whales' ancestors were now-extinct carnivores called mesonychids. However, based on recent findings, scientists have hypothesized that whales are actually more closely related to hoofed mammals like hippos and ruminants such as cows and giraffes.

This hypothesized phylogeny leads us to predict that ancient whales should share some characters with their close relatives. The close relatives of whales have a type of ankle called a double pulley ankle, so we would expect that ancestral whales would also have a double pulley ankle.

And in fact, recent fossil discoveries have borne out that prediction. Scientists found ancient whales with hind legs and pelvises: These whales had the same kind of double pulley ankle bone that modern pronghorns, camels, cows and hippos have.
Compare the ankle bones of the two ancient whales on the left and right (the specimen on the right is missing some bones) and those of a modern pronghorn (center). Notice the double pulley structure boxed on all three.

anklebones.jpg

ankle bones photo courtesy of philip d. Gingerich, university of michigan, ann arbor

show me the complete skeleton and name the species.
lok them up yourself.

What are you afraid of Daws ?

again hollie's not admitting to anything please point where in that post he says anything about fundies and nuts.

"your side has no clue how it could of happened."ywc THIS MAY COME AS A BIG FUCKING SHOCK BUT "YOUR SIDE"has no clue either!
the difference is "our side" accepts that for now we may have "no clue" (a gap in discovered evidence )but that gap gets smaller every second.
whereas "YOUR SIDE" WILL NOT AND CANNOT ADMIT TO ANY SUCH GAP OR YOUR HOUSE OF CARDS FALLS...
BTW YOU ARE FUNDIES AND NUTS ,THE BEST PROOF OF THAT IS THE FACT THAT OTHER CHRISTIANS LAUGH AT YOU.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5vid4GkEY]Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 1)- YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=istxUVBZD2s]Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 2). - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdEZTdOlGss]Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 3).- YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjFeVwuJB7I]Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 4). - YouTube[/ame]

I don't have to prove I believe the bible provides better answers concerning life,the universe, chronology then modern day scientist's.

I don't have to prove I believe the bible provides better answers concerning life,the universe, chronology then modern day scientist's.
That is certainly fine. If you choose to believe that the earth is 6,000 years old that of course is your delusion. If you choose to live in trembling fear of an angry desert deity, knock yourself out. Just be aware that such beliefs limit your ability to function in the rational world.

Just do a google search to find what I'm talking about. You'll see that whales looked a lot different from what they do today and we owe that to evolving.

You are aware that many animals were similar to others but went extinct ? Then a lot of times they are not complete fossils and they were just someones opinion of what they could have looked like but no evidence to prove they look the way they are rendered.

Of course I realize that and you might be right that a lot of the fossils found are not complete. However, a number of them are and it is apparent that they evolve from the credible fossils found. I believe that they show a slow transition from what they looked like millions of years ago.

Well many Archaeologist,Geologist ,paleontologist ,and zoologist would disagree with you. That is why gould and eldridge came up with the theory of punctuated equilibirium. Have you heard of the cambrian explosion ? Many complex organisms burst in to existence according to your theory from single celled organisms.

Now your side tries to pooh pooh this with rediculous explanations,but to be honest mutations could not have performed that many transformations.

Now would be a good time for a few questions. Why are all the transitional organisms extinct ? because they suppoedly are better adapted then the animals they evolved from is that not how traits are passed on, survival of the fittest ?

Why do we only have species that these transitional organis evolved from.

Example,

Living-Fossils.com

The other question would be since all organisms experience mutations. why are these living fossils the same as the same organisms that were dated back many millions of years ago ?

Last edited:

False. The are many cases (the progression of humans, for example), showing a clear progression and transition from early ancestor to current humans.

Don't let your lack of training in science and your religious affliction cause you to man's such nonsensical statements.

No they havn't.

Read the facts and see how this guy admits the fossil record is not even close to complete but we knew that right. So the fossil record is based on conjecture.

http://phylointelligence.com/fossils.html

Last edited:

No they havn't.

Read the facts and see how this guy admits the fossil record is not even close to complete but we knew that right. So the fossil record is based on conjecture.
Obviously, you must reject the fossil record because it directly contradicts a literal rendering of genesis. Fundies are consistent in parotting the creation ministry mouthpieces in their scripted slogans denying the fosill record but that truly leaves them in a position of simply denying the science facts.

I think it is fortunate that the courts have consistently thrown out the efforts of fundie Christians to dumb down our school systems with religious fables that only serve to perpetuate fear and ignorance.

No they havn't.

The Fossil Record

I can understand your need to reject the fossil record. There is no way to resolve that record with genesis.

It is only fundies who cling to their tales and fables as opposed to the fact of ancient fosills.

You are desperate to reject science because it dismantles your bibles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back