Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
really? that's strange as I learned about the atmospheric strata in junior high..

You must have slept through class by your post.
really? how's that false assumption man?
the atmosphere filters out some harmful radiation not all.
there is not enough oxygen above 30.000 feet to support much life.
air pressure hold us together.
none of theses fact are proof that a god did it.
so as always you have no real point ...

That atmosphere does much more then you're letting on.

Don't believe the method makes assumptions but assumptions are used in the dating method.

Radiometric Dating: Problems with the Assumptions - Answers in Genesis
non credible site.

Say's who / an atheist like you who doesn't have a dog in the hunt :lol:
It's true. AIG is not credible. Fundies, such as those from AIG, would be expected to press an agenda that serves their religious dogma. There is no reason to expect either objectivity or honesty from creationist.

If one choice is offering you a perfect life under pefect conditons and everlasting life and the other choice is everlasting death you are right that is no choice, but many are choosing everlasting death why ?

Two reasons.

First, because any god who would force people to make that kind of choice is an asshole and I want nothing to do with him.

And second, because I think it's all shit. There is no truth in it.

I teach my children to do what is right. But I do not teach them to do what is right because otherwise they will face punishment. I teach them to do what is right because it is the best thing for them and society at large. It's called the golden rule. And it makes sense without having someone looking over your shoulder.

Would you rather God made that choice for all ?

Um, you mean the god I don't believe in?

But here is my question. If there is an all powerful god out there. Capable of great and wonderful things. Why would he create a system where people would have to set aside reason and logic and believe in him blindly in order that those people would spend eternity with him?

I think if there was a god out there somewhere, he wouldn't want more faithful followers. After a few hundred years, hell, after a decade, that would get old. And if he does, if he is so vane that he needs legions of faithful praising his name for all eternity, I want nothing to do with him.

Man's sin caused this choice to exist, it was not Gods doing. God provided the sacrifice for us to have this chance and bring mankind back to him. If you wish to blow off God because you don't like how he dealt with rebellious man you were never one of his sheep that knew his voice and obeyed.

Keep telling yourself that.

But one last thing. The bible says god knows past, present and future.

So if god created man, knowing he would sin, then created the punishment for that sin... how can you hold man responsible for that ethically?

It's like putting a steak in front of a starving dog then beating it for taking a bite. You can't reasonably punish the animal for something you instigated.

Last edited:
Man's sin caused this choice to exist, it was not Gods doing. God provided the sacrifice for us to have this chance and bring mankind back to him. If you wish to blow off God because you don't like how he dealt with rebellious man you were never one of his sheep that knew his voice and obeyed.
since none of us are sheep (maybe you) it's a false comparison.
even if you were right, what god /Jesus did was street theatre, the so called sacrifice is a dog and pony show, Jesus was in no real danger,unless he was lying about resurrection.

We are related to sheep if we were all the product of evolution :razz:

Either that, or we are all the product of incestuous relations if we believe the silly Noah fable.

Two reasons.

First, because any god who would force people to make that kind of choice is an asshole and I want nothing to do with him.

And second, because I think it's all shit. There is no truth in it.

I teach my children to do what is right. But I do not teach them to do what is right because otherwise they will face punishment. I teach them to do what is right because it is the best thing for them and society at large. It's called the golden rule. And it makes sense without having someone looking over your shoulder.

Um, you mean the god I don't believe in?

But here is my question. If there is an all powerful god out there. Capable of great and wonderful things. Why would he create a system where people would have to set aside reason and logic and believe in him blindly in order that those people would spend eternity with him?

I think if there was a god out there somewhere, he wouldn't want more faithful followers. After a few hundred years, hell, after a decade, that would get old. And if he does, if he is so vane that he needs legions of faithful praising his name for all eternity, I want nothing to do with him.

So if god created man, knowing he would sin, then created the punishment for that sin... how can you hold man responsible for that ethically?

It's like putting a steak in front of a starving dog then beating it for taking a bite. You can't reasonably punish the animal for something you instigated.

According to the scriptures Adam and Eve were warned what would happen if they were disobedient and ate from the tree of knowledge ,the tree would open their eyes to evil for which they did not know until sin. They only had to obey one law do not eat from the tree of knowledge.

Gen 2:16 And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, You may freely eat of every tree in the garden,
Gen 2:17 but you shall not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. For in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which Jehovah God had made. And he said to the woman, Is it so that God has said, You shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Gen 3:2 And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden.
Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.

Is this not how our government rules is by laws and there is a price to pay if you break these laws ?

Adam and Eve did not need to eat from the tree, they made the choice and we are all living this life with a choice we are gonna make.

since none of us are sheep (maybe you) it's a false comparison.
even if you were right, what god /Jesus did was street theatre, the so called sacrifice is a dog and pony show, Jesus was in no real danger,unless he was lying about resurrection.

We are related to sheep if we were all the product of evolution :razz:

Either that, or we are all the product of incestuous relations if we believe the silly Noah fable.

If you believe in the evolutionary fable you are products of incestuous relationships as well.

According to the scriptures Adam and Eve were warned what would happen if they were disobedient and ate from the tree of knowledge ,the tree would open their eyes to evil for which they did not know until sin. They only had to obey one law do not eat from the tree of knowledge.

Gen 2:16 And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, You may freely eat of every tree in the garden,
Gen 2:17 but you shall not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. For in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which Jehovah God had made. And he said to the woman, Is it so that God has said, You shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Gen 3:2 And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden.
Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.

Is this not how our government rules is by laws and there is a price to pay if you break these laws ?

Adam and Eve did not need to eat from the tree, they made the choice and we are all living this life with a choice we are gonna make.

Two things. According to your bible, god created adam and eve knowing they would eat of the tree.

He then created the rule saying they couldn't.

The most clear cut case of entrapment in sudo-history.

non credible site.

Say's who / an atheist like you who doesn't have a dog in the hunt :lol:
It's true. AIG is not credible. Fundies, such as those from AIG, would be expected to press an agenda that serves their religious dogma. There is no reason to expect either objectivity or honesty from creationist.

And uniformitarians/evolutionists do not expect their would be associates to adhere to uniformitarian/evolutionist theories..? That doen't sound either honest or objective...

So did anyone ever figure where all the water went after the flood?

Where it came from.

Do you realize not counting the water under ground that there are spots in the ocean you could saw off mount everest and drop it in the ocean and when it hit bottom there would be a mile of water above the top of the mountain ?

71% of the earth's surface is covered by water. How did this planet end up with so much water ? and why is there no other planet like this one ?

Two things. According to your bible, god created adam and eve knowing they would eat of the tree.

God has never acted on foreknowledge that I know of. God is letting everything run it's course until his final judgement.

The whole thing is will you obey him or will you not that is the question you are answering same as adam and eve.

Where it came from.

Do you realize not counting the water under ground that there are spots in the ocean you could saw off mount everest and drop it in the ocean and when it hit bottom there would be a mile of water above the top of the mountain ?

71% of the earth's surface is covered by water. How did this planet end up with so much water ? and why is there no other planet like this one ?

So where did the water come from? Because no matter how deep the ocean is, you still would have needed more water to cover all the land masses.

And you don't know that there aren't other planets like ours out there in the universe.

God has never acted on foreknowledge that I know of. God is letting everything run it's course until his final judgement.

The whole thing is will you obey him or will you not that is the question you are answering same as adam and eve.

Why would I?

Where it came from.

So where did the water come from? Because no matter how deep the ocean is, you still would have needed more water to cover all the land masses.

And you don't know that there aren't other planets like ours out there in the universe.

The bible said rain and the great fountains of the deep. We know for sure we have not observed any planets like ours at this time. So what makes you think we will find a planet like ours ?

Where it came from.

The bible states God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form yet.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form and empty. And darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved on the face of the waters.

Sounds like to me the land was covered with water.

Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together to one place, and let the dry land appear; and it was so.
Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land, Earth. And He called the gathering together of the waters, Seas. And God saw that it was good.

Why would I?

You have made your choice like all of us will do.

Where it came from.

The bible said rain and the great fountains of the deep. We know for sure we have not observed any planets like ours at this time. So what makes you think we will find a planet like ours ?

The number of galaxies containing billions of stars make it probable.

Where it came from.

The bible states God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form yet.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form and empty. And darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved on the face of the waters.

Sounds like to me the land was covered with water.

Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together to one place, and let the dry land appear; and it was so.
Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land, Earth. And He called the gathering together of the waters, Seas. And God saw that it was good.
The person who wrote genesis made all that shit up, there's zero proof for any of it. It's one thing to believe in a creator, it's quite another to believe the unsubstanciated nonsense in the bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back