Current COVID-19 Mortality Rate: 1.35%

The mortality rate is being misquoted. It’s not 1.5% of the population that dies nor 1.5% if the tested nor 1.5% of the infecteds. It’s 1.5% of the hospitalized and/or cases diagnosed as “severe or critical”
If I’m wrong I’ll say so and stand down but you that are throwing these numbers out as percentage of USA population must stand down
The mortality rate being used is the percent of confirmed cases of infection that die. Presently, it is 1.41% in the US.

Ok. Other charts I have seen dealt with deaths from hospitalizations and/or severe to critical cases most of which were hospitalized
1.41% of positives is not adding a lot of clarity because we dont know how many tested total and how many of that total tested pisitive
I’m going to say that 1% of all Americans have been tested so 3.5 million. I’m going to offer for discussion sake that 10% have tested positive so 350,000. Out of that 1.4% die or about 5,000 and we are actually not even close to 5k so I’m too high by a factor of 7x
Let me follow through though and correct that 7x at the end
350 million Americans, 35 million get it. 1.4% die or 500,000 but I can see my calculation are 7x too hight so 500k divides by 7 equals 70,000 total deaths. That’s a sobering number but not worth a devastating and full scale shutdown of America.!
Only about 250,000 have been tested...in the USA, out of 330 million residents.

We do not have enough tests....

That is the main problem of why we could not slow the spread, and why we can't get more accurate guesstimates.
It makes no sense to test 350 million people...some states have very small numbers of people infected....now stop it....stop whining about something so ridiculous....
Who said we had to test 350 million? Stop your bull crap. You claimed in your example Correction, weather53 claimed,1% had been tested, I corrected that number with actual facts, last count was around 250k only.

No one really listens to you...........you do know that.
Actually, the entire world is listening to the WHO and simultaneously laughing and shaking their heads at you fuktard cultists.
And they have been wrong........There mortality rate is wrong.........
They were wrong on travel bans .....everyone is doing it now.......OOPS.....

They use worst case data............as we get better data later...........they are too dang high.

Just like the “you said hoax” bogus cries we need to get another thing set right
The 1.4-4% “death rates” lubs are incorrectly posting is not that percentage of the population, or percentage tested, or percentage of infected. It is the percentage of death for those hospitalized or classified as “severe or critical”
And the biggest unknown is if only 250k have been tested then after one month how many would likely have been exposed? They undoubtedly have those stats from previous outbreaks

And they have been wrong.......
That's not a good reason to say they are wrong now. Stop with your embarrassing dog and pony dance. The only basis for your embarrassingly stupid behavior is to protect dear leader's ego. Spare us the 10 pages of stunted thoughts and poor spelling. Nobody is buying it.

Total deaths/Total cases = 1.35% mortality rate in the US.

This is from the CDC site TODAY:

C-19-March-25.jpg

Things are moving so fast, it's now up to 1.37% of confirmed cases, but to put things in perspective, it is among the lowest rates among developed countries of any size.

Hopefully you realize how many people are in ICU's who will ultimately die and that we're a month behind Italy.

No, you don't ... Never mind
This is just you hoping for the worst for America. We are not a month behind Italy. Italy is still behind us. Because the EU never closed its borders between member states, and because Italy is a prime tourist location, its population infected people continued to enter Italy even as the crisis grew to an unsupportable size. To make matters worse, Italy has a much older population than the US, so it mortality rate is naturally much higher.

If you look at the statistics for EU countries, those with a high rate of tourism have a high rate of infection and those with a lower rate of tourism have a lower rate of infection. President Trump's early action to cut off travel from countries with high infection rates is the reason we have a so much lower mortality rate than most other developed countries of any size.
In 2005, the latest statistic I could find, we have over 1 BILLION Tourists a year in the USA

So our tourism from other nations is HUGE

In the U.S., tourism is among the three largest employers in 29 states, employing 7.3 million in 2004, to take care of 1.19 billion trips tourists took in the U.S. in 2005.[citation needed] As of 2007, there are 2,462 registered National Historic Landmarks (NHL) recognized by the United States government. As of 2018, New York City is the most visited destination in the United States, followed by Los Angeles, Orlando, Las Vegas, and Chicago.

Tourists spend more money in the United States than any other country, while attracting the second-highest number of tourists after France and Spain.[2][3] The discrepancy may be explained by longer stays in the US.[3]
All true and that's why President Trump's early decision to ban travel from places with high infection rates was so important in saving us from the horror show the EU is now experiencing. The EU still has not banned travel from places with high infection rates, and although some member states have, since they have open borders with other member states, infected people can land elsewhere in the EU and travel to Rome an kill Italians.
Total deaths/Total cases = 1.35% mortality rate in the US.

This is from the CDC site TODAY:

C-19-March-25.jpg

Things are moving so fast, it's now up to 1.37% of confirmed cases, but to put things in perspective, it is among the lowest rates among developed countries of any size.

Hopefully you realize how many people are in ICU's who will ultimately die and that we're a month behind Italy.

No, you don't ... Never mind
Italy diagnosed their first case they same day we did.

Okay, you go with that.

The Intercept?
And their first local case on 2-22

We're going to become Italy. I'd say in 2-3 more weeks. They ARE way ahead of us. So is the rest of Europe.

You hope we will become Italy, but there is no basis in fact to support your hope for this.

Yes there is actually - I don't make this shit up, I listen to the doctors and scientists. We are on precisely the same trajectory.

And NO - suggesting that a fellow American hopes we become Italy is unAmerican and goofy.
Whether you are making this shit up yourself or listening to other people who are making it up, there is no basis in fact for believing the US will experience what italy is experiencing. No other nation on Earth is experiencing what Italy is experiencing, so why would you think the US will experience what is happening in Italy instead of what is happening in Germany, which is doing much better than Italy, unless you are expressing you hope for the US to go through all the same suffering and death Italy is going through because you think it will be bad for President Trump. You may technically be an American, but you are clearly no one's fellow American.
Dr. Love didn't make it up. It's what some experts are saying. I know we can't predict the future, but they've been pretty onpoint so far.
I don't know which experts you are talking about, but what I have heard is that the crisis will get worse before it gets better but not that it will be the worst in the world, which is what Dr. Love is predicting. There is no rational basis for saying it will be like Italy's rather than like Germany's, which is much better, unless you are expressing a wish for the crisis to be that bad because you believe it will be bad for Trump, as Dr. Love clearly does.
Of course I don't wish us to surpass Italy in this pandemic. I doubt if Dr. Love does either, but you'll think what you want.
Don't put TOO much reliance on the temperature for solving this problem. The article I linked didn't go into any actual #'s so I don't know just how much of a slow down it will provide. The fact that the warmer states (except Louisiana) seem to be experiencing less new cases than colder states, it's not that summer is going to lick this thing. Even my article said that warmer weather might help slow transmission ALONG WITH STRICT MEASURES to stop the spread. And how many buildings and homes in the deep south don't have air conditioning running all summer? Cool and dry air is what coronavirus likes.
From what I've read, we don't really know why flu viruses seem to disappear in warm weather, so we don't know if this virus will react the same way, so there is some reason to hope for the best. In fact, we don't know at this point if we are approaching the peak of the curve or not.
I am always HOPING for the best. I just don't ignore the people who know a lot more about it than I do.
Dr. Love has clearly said the US experience will be as bad as Italy's, which is the worst in the world, without any basis in fact for that believe or hope, so I don't know why you would doubt he is wishing the worst for America for political reasons.

I also listen closely to the experts, and nothing they have said suggests the US experience will be anything like Italy's.

You aren't "watching experts" - Sounds more like Fox-n-Friends. ;)
I do listen to the experts, but clearly you don't since none of them have predicted the US experience will be the worst in the world as you insist.
Did you read Lucy's posts in this thread? I have read SO much today and in the past few days that I can't remember where I read it, but if our new cases keep piling up the way they have been going, we will soon surpass China and yes, Italy. That's what they're saying. It might not be mortality rates--they never mention in what way we're going to surpass China. Just that we will.
I have no idea what you have been reading or who you consider an expert but no one at the CDC or WHO has made such a prediction. You say you are paying attention to what the experts say, but none of them have said that.

"I have no idea what you have been reading or who you consider an expert but no one at the CDC or WHO has made such a prediction. You say you are paying attention to what the experts say, but none of them have said that."

The experts at WHO said it on Tuesday it was widely reported, here are just two out of many reports:

View attachment 315288

View attachment 315289

More accurately, a spokesperson for WHO said it was not the case but that it might be possible in the future.

Asked whether the United States could overtake Europe as the epicenter of COVID-19, Harris said: “We are now seeing a very large acceleration in the number of cases from the US, so it does have that potential.

“We cannot say that that is the case yet but it does have that potential. They have a very large outbreak and an outbreak increasing in intensity.”

The actual facts she reported were that Europe still far exceeds the US in the rate of infection and the mortality rate.

The WHO’s Monday daily update showed European countries with 171,424 total infections and 8,743 deaths (up 1,318), while the United States reported a total of 31,573 infections and 402 fatalities (up 201).

Just like the “you said hoax” bogus cries we need to get another thing set right
Oh, sorry, you're delusional. Trump called the whole thing a hoax. It's a fact. And you agreed. You still agree. That's the weirdest thing about your posts, really. You might be somewhat mentally ill.

Oh, sorry, you're delusional. Trump called the whole thing a hoax. It's a fact. And you agreed. You still agree. That's the weirdest thing about your posts, really. You might be somewhat mentally ill.
Your lies have already been debunked in this thread.

And they have been wrong.......
That's not a good reason to say they are wrong now. Stop with your embarrassing dog and pony dance. The only basis for your embarrassingly stupid behavior is to protect dear leader's ego. Spare us the 10 pages of stunted thoughts and poor spelling. Nobody is buying it.
I posted data.......data that goes against the so called experts from OTHER EXPERTS........

Don't like it we hit the iggy button on each other and say BYE....I really don't care......You are a troll .......and a waste of band width.

My opinion on WHO STANDS........they were WRONG.....travel ban........and their numbers are too high.

In New York..........they are moving the virus via ventilation............time will tell who is right........They are worried about being sued..............PROVEN IN STUDIES from SARs HONG KONG.

You talk with a forked tonque.

OK just ignore that you are incorrectly stating that positive test results are equal to the number of infections
And exactly who is predicting the US will be the new epicenter of the global crisis?
The WHO is saying it could happen.
In response to a question, the spokesperson for WHO said it was not happening but that it was possible it could happen, but she was speaking of Europe, not of Italy alone.

In response to a question, the spokesperson for WHO said it was not happening but that it was possible it could happen, but she was speaking of Europe, not of Italy alone
When she said the US could become the epicenter, she was speaking of the US.

I'd like to see the CDC put up the numbers for the seasonal Flu deaths and compare them to Covid-19.

I'd also like to see how many people died of cancer, heart disease, and lung disease too.

Why aren't they publishing those?

The CDC purposely left out mild cases of the virus when comparing to the seasonal flu.

Had they added in the minor cases of corona, the seasonal flu is shown to be twice as deadly.

Unfortunately people are lazy. The mass media just ran with the completey skewed data that the CDC selectively chose for comparison and people never even checked the actual data.

And, of course, that became the narrative.

Here you go, here's an explanation...

''...take a look at the numbers from the W.H.O. and in an “apples to apples” comparison, the Coronavirus has HALF the mortality rate of the seasonal flu when it comes to "death to confirmed cases" ratio.''

the explanation - Coronavirus isnt the flu.

dumbshit

It is a virus that is transmitted exactly like the flu.

Dumbshit.

let me explain so a 1st grader gets it -

duck and a chicken

both have feathers
both can fly
both are birds

a duck can swim
a chicken cant swim

humans are immune to the flu - go to WALGREENS AND GET A SHOT TO INHANCE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM

humans have no immunity to coronavirus - NONE

COVID-19 and the Flu can both spread from person-to-person through droplets in the air from an infected person sneezing or coughing, or even talking. Both can also be spread by an infected person before symptoms appear.

One difference is that novel 2019 coronavirus might be spread through airborne droplets that remain in the air after the infected person is no longer in the area.

get it FUZZNUTS

Humans are not immune to the flu.

Fuckwit

Typically humans who contract and get over it are immune to that specific flu from then on. The problem lies in the fact that viruses have a habit of mutating to a form that there is no built-up human immunity for..... that's why the Coronavirus is called "novel" I believe. Flu shots give you a lessor infection to fool your immune cells into becoming stronger against that particular strain. You may even experience some uncomfortable symptoms after getting that flu shot. So far there is no shot for the coronavirus developed yet but I believe they are working on it.

In response to a question, the spokesperson for WHO said it was not happening but that it was possible it could happen, but she was speaking of Europe, not of Italy alone
When she said the US could become the epicenter, she was speaking of the US.
But in the context of comparing the US to Europe, whereas in this thread the assertion has been continually made that the US will suffer the same disaster as Italy and no experts in CDC or WHO has made that claim.

Tantrum again
Me and many like me have said repeatedly that the overreaction and shutdown of America is the hoax. We have never called the virus itself a hoax and have said it is just as real as the many that have preceded it,
When the facts are not on your side then lie and misquote or lie about what others have said

Forum List

Back