Cuts to SS and Medicare

A simple fix, just remove the cap and don't raise any ages. Social Security fixed.

Think the Republicans would vote for that? I don't.
My recollection is that the Republicans approved the original S.S. bill because the Dems agreed not to means test the benefits. Just removing the cap has always been my position. When have the Dems really pushed for it? Could have been done many times now when they controlled the House, Senate, or both.

These people want the 17th century...They want to punish anyone that isn't rich. Pretty sick but that is what we're dealing with.
Is this not brutally punishing anyone who isn't rich?

2022%2012%2012%20Foodl%20Inflation%20too-X3.jpg

Thats not true

You dont want to cut spending

We have to have self control or the game is over
What do you cut. Be specific. You need to cut $1T. Here's the Budget again. You can't touch mandatory, nor defense, nor discretionary, duh.

2021 Federal Budget
Outlays $4.88T
Receipts $3.86T
Deficit $1.02T

Discretionary Spending
Defense $753b
Non-defense $733b
Total $1.49T

Mandatory Spending
Social Security $1,115b
Medicare 746b
Medicaid 452b
Other 660b
Interest on Debt 379b
Total $3.39T

look at how much the median went up compared to the upper incomes. The shouldn't squeal. They are doing quite well.

View attachment 755454
This is is 2023.

But, other than that, specifically please prove to us exactly what it cost you for someone else to be extremely wealthy.

If Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and say Warren Buffett did not exist, how would you be enriched? Those millions of jobs would be gone too, how would that make you better off?

This is is 2023.
But, other than that, specifically please prove to us exactly what it cost you for someone else to be extremely wealthy.
If Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and say Warren Buffett did not exist, how would you be enriched? Those millions of jobs would be gone too, how would that make you better off?
Social Security will be insolvent in 2034 unless it is fixed. There are several ways to fix SS. Remove the cap, raise the cap, raise the ages, etc.
Whining like a stuck pig when taxes are raised just pisses most of us off. Greed is not good.
What if the middle-class quit the military, and China takes over the US? Your money wouldn't save you then, would it?

To answer your question...
If some guys are gone, others would step up. You left off Steve Jobs and Elon Musk?!
The world would adjust. Cemeteries are just full on indispensable people.

Rick Scott

“All federal legislation sunsets in 5 years. If a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again,” the document said.

This would require Congress to renew Social Security and Medicare every five years. Scott’s proposal also called for a yearly report from Congress “telling the public what they plan to do when Social Security and Medicare go bankrupt.”

Mike Pence

Former Vice President Mike Pence, who has indicated that he is considering a bid for the presidency in 2024, said last week that a conversation needs to be had about reforming Social Security.

Mike Lee

When Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) initially ran for Senate in 2010, he called for the complete elimination of Social Security.

“It will be my objective to phase out Social Security, to pull it up by the roots and get rid of it,” Lee said at a campaign event in 2010, adding, “There’s going to be growing pains associated with doing this. We can’t do it all at once.”

Ron Johnson

Similar to Scott, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) has suggested that Congress regularly renew the entitlement programs. However, Johnson has proposed that it be done on an annual basis.

“I’ve been saying for as long as I’ve been here that we should transfer everything, put everything on budget so we have to consider it if every year. I’ve said that consistently, it’s nothing new,” Johnson told “The Regular Joe Show” podcast last August.

Lindsey Graham

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) suggested in a debate in June that a bipartisan compromise on the issue will likely mean that “people like me are going to have to take a little less and pay a little more in.”

Sunset and people like me are going to take less. Believe me, when they take the Senate and the House majority (if they do), they can do anything they want with SS and Original Medicare.

329887113_689372082875391_817794170604437302_n.jpg

He isn't senile. Taking that into account, the death rate for unvaccinated people remains significantly higher than it is for vaccinated and for boosted, once those figures are adjusted for age.

Vaccine opponents have latched onto the chart as evidence that the shots don’t work.
As you know, the issue isn't the vaccine.

The issue is MANDATING the vaccine thus costing millions of people their careers and livelihoods. That's just plain wrong! Everyone should be hired back if they want to go back, and all should be paid in full for back pay.

Yes, why are we giving lazy BOOMERS all that money. Get back to work you lazy bums!
Fucker, and that is being polite to your sorry ass, i worked 45 years contributing to SS, while some fucks who dont do shit for the country, will end up getting SS. By the way, you want to come get my Social Security, i wont get it till i am 67 anyway, bring your pansy, pussy pajama boy ass over here and demand i give it up. We will see if i comply.

By the way, back in 1993 William Jefferson Clinton increased the taxes on SS as an income so old retires got less per month, so the elderly had problems with paying for the medicines. Back in 1993 i was contributing to my stock portfolio so i wouldnt need SS if it every went bankrupt. If il get it, it will not even be 1/100th of my annual income.

Exactly, it is time to tax the rich for the high way robbery that they have committed against the people of this country. We also badly need to enforce anti-trust laws. Of course we can always use more investment!!!!
You do know that the poor pay no income tax or Social Security taxes, yet steal from the working class and rich, who have to pay for their sorry existence.

The best investment is to give more drugs to the poor so they will self suicide themselves out of this world....

The talking point will be "We're not cutting SS/Medicare we are fixing it."

The position will be that raising the retirement age before qualifying for SS isn't a "cut" because even though those individuals benefits will be lowered, they won't touch the checks of current recipients.

They will say that making changes to COLA isn't a cut, as no check will be reduced, just the rate of increase will be less. (Ignoring the fact that it cuts the seniors future buying power, meaning the dollars they get are worth less.)

Just watch.

WW
Of course when Joe Biteme decided to have gasoline and other fuel cost necessarily skyrocket, the buying power of Social Security got fucked. Thanks Joe Biteme....

The poor fucking rich. My heart bleeds. I won't see any of them living under bridges or jumping out of windows.
They do squeal all the way to the bank.
So you want to steal all the money from the rich, so they can be poor and miserable like you? Fuck off you dickwad, some people actually worked to achieve their wealth, instead of just smoking dope and bitching how fucked their lives are, like Stinkwarrior and other Marxists on this board.

Forum List

Back