Damn! My health Insurance went up anther $60 a month. Obamacare sucks!

Have your insurance rates increased?

• Total voters
Poor seniors are the ones who really got screwed by Obamacare.

Seniors are not on Obamacare. Most seniors are on Medicare and a supplement insurance.

Medicare did not increase for 2115, of course Medicare negotiates pricing with providers to keep the costs down. As a matter of fact, the US and Turkey are the only two countries where the government doesn't negotiate costs with providers.

As an senior, I feel I have been tripped up. I never had to pay 44 dollars for what used cost me 55 cents. Till now, and that is WITH a deductible under the health health care plan. Get that through your thick heads.

Well Mary, when Medicare Part D was designed, part of the deal was that it was illegal for the US government to negotiate better pricing with Big Pharma. You can thank GWB for that. But when Obama was trying to find supporters for Obamacare, Big Pharma agreed to help support him. The price for that help was the continuation of no negotiating drug prices with Big Pharma. Americans are getting raped by Big Pharma, there's no doubt about that. You can thank "W" and "O" for that.:bang3:

I am sure that some doctors do refuse Medicaid patients. Does that translate to, "There is a shortage of doctors treating Medicaid patients"? No, it does not. I moved here from New Orleans, and the inner city there, including the 9th Ward and the lower 9th ward was virtually all Medicaid patients. They were treated at the Hospital where I worked. Over 65% of them did not have insurance and could not pay their bill. That 65% was either reimbursed by state or federal funds, or cost shifted to you, by charging insured patients $25 for 2 aspirin. And, BTW, forget about bringing in your own pills. I tried, and they took them away from me. It is like trying to bring a picnic lunch into Disneyland. I am sick to death of the Right claiming that they are being soaked to treat the poor. You have ALWAYS been soaked for treating the poor. At least now, those who can afford health insurance are no longer going to get free care at your expense by declining to buy insurance.
Yes it will mean there is a shortage of doctors treating Medicaid patients. And as an aside...Medicaid tries to make money ( millions infact) fining those doctors and hospitals for the patients they treat every year and what they consider " unwarranted infections and complications". If patients aren't being treated the fines can't be tacked on to the hospitals yearly and Medicaid can't pay their bills. Oh darn. Look at that. Wonder how the government will make back that revenue?

Golly, Bue, I have been in the health insurance business for 50 years and I had no idea that Medicaid's primary focus is to fine hospitals to make money! Bet ya got that bit of insider information from Rush and company!
Nope. Read the information direct from the sources themselves. The two hospitals in my state that were both billed over $ 70 million dollars a piece .

See ...I am an analyst for the hospital. I know all about "insurance" as well as fines,pro fees .RAC audits and much more fun stuff.

Ps. Also where I read about the loop holes that let the doctors decline new Medicaid patients.

Like I said believe it or don't... I don't care.

I'm glad that you are not offended by rejection of your conspiracy theories and fear mongering!
Hmmm hmmm. That the best you got?

Blue, you simply do not know what you are I cofounded 2 HMO's. Trying to explain to you what it took me 50 years to learn is like teaching a giraffe to roller-skate. I don't have the time or patience. Under the circumstances, I will, just get back to the bottom line. ACA is here to stay. It will not be repealed. You can piss and moan all you like, and it has absolutely no impact on the fact that this country is joining the rest of the industrialized world in adopting a health care system to fit the needs of the people. Whine about it, or get over it. I really don't care.

As an senior, I feel I have been tripped up. I never had to pay 44 dollars for what used cost me 55 cents. Till now, and that is WITH a deductible under the health health care plan. Get that through your thick heads.

Well Mary, when Medicare Part D was designed, part of the deal was that it was illegal for the US government to negotiate better pricing with Big Pharma. You can thank GWB for that. But when Obama was trying to find supporters for Obamacare, Big Pharma agreed to help support him. The price for that help was the continuation of no negotiating drug prices with Big Pharma. Americans are getting raped by Big Pharma, there's no doubt about that. You can thank "W" and "O" for that.:bang3:

This is absolutely correct, and it is why I just order over $100 in drugs from Canada today which would have cost me over $700 in the USA.

it never went up this much in one year. Mandated coverage, increasing prices, and we haven't seen anything yet:mad:

Went up from what to what? There are a 100 reasons why your insurance would go up...to blame Obamacare is asinine.

Yabut, according the RWs, insurance companies never raised their rates before ObamaCare became law.

It still just astound me that the right is siding with insurance companies and against their own best interests.

it never went up this much in one year. Mandated coverage, increasing prices, and we haven't seen anything yet:mad:

Went up from what to what? There are a 100 reasons why your insurance would go up...to blame Obamacare is asinine.

Yabut, according the RWs, insurance companies never raised their rates before ObamaCare became law.

It still just astound me that the right is siding with insurance companies and against their own best interests.

The insurance companies helped write the Obamacare law..Get a clue genius

It must be tough for you to be a broken down old man and only in your 50s. People like you are drag on our healthcare system. Take better care of yourself and you wont cost us so much.

Uh, guy, I've seen pictures of you. frankly, you look kind of freakish. Although I think when I associate it with the batshit crazy stuff you say here, that has an effect.

I'm in pretty good health for my age. Neither of my parents even lived past their 50's.
You might be a bad risk. Do you know in any politicians?. Political connections are always helpful with socialized healthcare. Be careful what you wish for.:thup:

Non profit healthcare yeah thats agood one where's the incentvie to develope new drugs and new

Hey, you ever hear about one of your co-religionists, Dr. Jonas Salk. He developed the vaccine for Polio. And even though the world would have gleefully given him any reward he wanted for doing so, he gave away the formula for free to make sure it was produced as quickly as possible.

sal0-012.jpg

Yeah, I know, amazing, isn't it. How fucked up was that guy? I mean doing something to serve humanity?

Profit is the incentive that fosters innovation genius. Confronting an epidemic like polio is a different issue entirely

An incentive is something that motivates an individual to perform an action. The study of incentive structures is central to the study of all economic activities (both in terms of individual decision-making and in terms of co-operation andcompetition within a larger institutional structure). Economic analysis, then, of the differences between societies (and between different organizations within a society) largely amounts to characterizing the differences in incentive structuresfaced by individuals involved in these collective efforts. Ultimately, incentives aim to provide value for money and contribute to organizational success

You be the first one crying about long lines and waiting lists for medical procedures. Competition lowers costs, and profit is a good thing. It breeds innovation. We are number one in medical innovation and new drug development. Government interference increases prices for everything. You people and your faith in rich politicians who don't produce anything. They simply create and feed the bureaucracy which cost us money. They spend 500 million on simple website and it still doesn't work right

Competition doesn't lower cost. If it did, we'd have the lowest health care costs in the industrialized world, not the highest.

We are #1 in innovations because we are the largest economy.

I should also point out your buddies in the Zionist Entity have socialized medicine. That we subsidize.

How about subsidizing something for AMERICANS for a change?
We don't have real competition idiot.... Trickle down government

You might be a bad risk. Do you know in any politicians?. Political connections are always helpful with socialized healthcare. Be careful what you wish for.

Guy, here's the thing. THe countries with socialized medicine live longer, spend less, they have a lower infant mortality rate.

I don't worry about a socialized medicine state. I worry that after paying a shitload of money into a private system, they are going to try to cheat me--- which is EXACTLY what Cigna did after I busted up my leg in 2007.

Profit is the incentive that fosters innovation genius. Confronting an epidemic like polio is a different issue entirely

Why is it different? Frankly, Salk could have made millions from his discover, and no one would have begrudged him that.

Do you really think that the people who make the discoveries are seeing huge profits? Fuck no. The stockholders see big profits. The scientists who make the discoveries are usually on salary. They're good salaries, I guess, but like most wingnuts, you think the capitalist is a vital organ when he's really a parasite.

We don't have real competition idiot.... Trickle down government

Uh, the reason why government got involved is that when you only treat people you can make money for, you have a situation where people are only treated until they are broke.

Again, the rest of the world has already figured this out. Even the Jews in the Zionist Entity.

You might be a bad risk. Do you know in any politicians?. Political connections are always helpful with socialized healthcare. Be careful what you wish for.

Guy, here's the thing. THe countries with socialized medicine live longer, spend less, they have a lower infant mortality rate.

I don't worry about a socialized medicine state. I worry that after paying a shitload of money into a private system, they are going to try to cheat me--- which is EXACTLY what Cigna did after I busted up my leg in 2007.
Joe living longer has mostly to do with the person not the medical system...if you dont go to the doctor and you dont take care of yourself,which is what many people do,than that fine medical system is moot....

Joe living longer has mostly to do with the person not the medical system...if you dont go to the doctor and you dont take care of yourself,which is what many people do,than that fine medical system is moot....

true enough. So if you have socialized medicine and everyone has access to a doctor, then people will go to the doctor and take care of themselves. Which is why countries with socialized medicine have longer life expectencies than we do.

Wow, what a nutty concept.

you were duped by The Democrats and Obama. give you the warm fuzzies?

SNIP:
Obamacare: Even More of a Scam Than You Thought
A welfare program by another name...
michaelwalsh-393799847.jpg

by
Michael Walsh
Bio
December 31, 2014 - 12:12 pm

It’s not “health care.” It’s not even “insurance.” It’s a giant, income-transferring welfare scam:

About seven out of every eight Obamacare insurance customers who enrolled between November 15 and mid-December are poor enough to qualify for taxpayer-funded subsidies designed to lower their monthly premiums. The Department of Health and Human Services reported that number Tuesday, saying it’s up from 80 per cent a year ago.

Americans who participate in government-brokered medical insurance can get subsidies from the federal treasury if their households earn less than four times the government’s official ‘poverty’ level. That situation describes 64 per cent of all U.S. residents, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. But far more are qualifying, suggesting that the Obamacare subscriber base is dramatically tilted toward low-income earners.

And as poor Americans depend inreasingly on handouts to manage their monthly health insurance bills, the U.S. Supreme Court could be months away from invalidating the entire subsidy system that supports the 34 states that chose not to run their own Obamacare marketplaces… Insurers are bracing for the possibility that 87 per cent of their new customers in the 34 states without insurance exchanges could suddenly find Obamacare policies financially out of reach – leading to lapsed premiums and a systemwide collapse.

Admit it: you knew it was a scam from the way it was pushed through. Now, however, it’s clear what the plan all along was: 1) make it mandatory, 2) put the weight of the IRS behind it, 3) make premiums cripplingly “affordable,” 4) offer a “subsidy” carrot, and 5) make the subsidy level just too low for the middle class, so that the class Obama and the Left hate most would bear most of the burden. In other words, reward your friends and punish your enemies.
Nice work, Democrats.

all of it here:
Obamacare Even More of a Scam Than You Thought PJ Tatler

Forum List

Back